codiosity

Jun 28, 2022
This error pops up when trying to open shadow institute in any kingdom in v0.10.9 and I did not use any saves started a new game. Doorknob22

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: Unexpected keyword arguments: 'cho2_enable'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "map.rpyc", line 816, in script call
File "wenches/wenches.rpyc", line 360, in script call
File "territories.rpyc", line 557, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1010, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 294, in apply_arguments
return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 281, in apply
", ".join("'%s'" % i for i in kwargs))
TypeError: Unexpected keyword arguments: 'cho2_enable'

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Khan 0.10.9
Sun Oct 8 16:44:30 2023
```

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I have added an experimental feature for the world map: Skip 5 turns. This button is located along with the existing Next Turn which will remain in the game for finer granularity.

Playing the (map) game feels much more "relaxed" with far less "Spam Next Turn while almost nothing happens", and it feels now there's something to do after almost every "Skip 5". The skipping stops if anything meaningful happens, like an interlude or troops arriving to their destination.

If anyone wishes to give this build a try, please DM me. Note that here's no additional lewd content in this version, only changes to the world map game. And if you wish to try it, you'll probably need to start a new game as there's no sense in testing this feature while you're already controlling most of the Eastern Sister.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Some thoughts after conquering the Eastern Sister using the Skip 5 (and Skip 1) button.
  • The feeling of "skip-grind" is all but gone. If BertramBiggles reported about 360 turns to conquer the continent, (i.e. 360 "Next Turn" clicks) I estimate the "Skip 5" experience to about 120-130 clicks, i.e. 66% reduction.
  • At the end of each (Skip 5) turn, you will usually have something to do...
  • ... However, it will not always be something very interesting. In fact, after taking about 5 fiefdoms I got so bored I stopped playing (and started working on animations, don't worry...).
  • However #2, During my test, I wasn't exactly playing the game in the way it's meant to be played, i.e. skipping all quests and Wenches interactions while focusing solely on the world map. The world map should be a 3-5 minutes change of pace between quests and Wench visits. It was never designed to stand on its own.
  • Having said that, if I could make the Khaganate management more interesting, it would obviously make the whole experience better.
  • I often had much more troops available than gold, meaning I wanted to go on another conquest but had to wait until I could fully stabilize the latest fiefdom. This effect was more noticeable early in the game, but once I had 5-6 fiefdoms I felt I had all the resources I needed.
  • The "Agents of Wench X reduce Morale/Obedience" are eventually boring and I didn't even bother to read them. Once "the machine" is big enough, it "fixes itself", regarding those Morale/Obedience drops. Or they are simply not very painful.
  • It's never clearly explained exactly what do some buildings do (Fort, Gold Mine).
  • At 200 gold, Fortified Garrison is ridiculously overpriced.
  • Garrisons are bloody essential for maintaining Obedience. It's very hard to play without them.

Action items/ideas to test:
  1. Gently balance resource accumulation so Troops will match Gold better. Perhaps even modify the Yield of the "early" fiefdom to give a little more gold at the expense of Troops. Or maybe have them come with a Gold mine?
  2. Make random events more dramatic, especially with correlation to the number of fiefdoms you control. Burn buildings. More dramatic Obedience drops, etc.
  3. Add New events, again, perhaps correlated to the number of fiefdoms the player controls.
  4. Add more meaningful description in the message shown after you build.
  5. Reduce Fortified Garrison cost to lower two digits and/or find an extra something cool for it to do.

Last edited:

HGW

Mar 29, 2018
Problem:
The "Agents of Wench X reduce Morale/Obedience" are eventually boring and I didn't even bother to read them. Once "the machine" is big enough, it "fixes itself", regarding those Morale/Obedience drops. Or they are simply not very painful.

Solution:
Make those events more dramatic, especially with correlation to the number of fiefdoms you control. Burn buildings. More dramatic Obedience drops.
I feel that just tweaking the numbers isn't really gonna make it better, i mean sure if it wounds you more it's going to affect your behavior more but you can't really mitigate those events so its only going to be more annoying to deal with and encourage save scumming. I think you should be able to "manage" the losses to an extent, for instance the event happens and it gives you the choice to just tank it and have a building destroyed, or spend some Gold/Troops/Morale/Obedience instead. That way you can lean more on things you can afford to lose and the punishments can be harsher because you can balance then depending on your current circumstances.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I feel that just tweaking the numbers isn't really gonna make it better, i mean sure if it wounds you more it's going to affect your behavior more but you can't really mitigate those events so its only going to be more annoying to deal with and encourage save scumming. I think you should be able to "manage" the losses to an extent, for instance the event happens and it gives you the choice to just tank it and have a building destroyed, or spend some Gold/Troops/Morale/Obedience instead. That way you can lean more on things you can afford to lose and the punishments can be harsher because you can balance then depending on your current circumstances.
Excellent idea! Make the player more active in events and not just watching them passively.

Reactions: EmptyHusk97 and HGW

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
VaeVictisKhanConquerRavishBreed-0.10.9
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

jjavier

Nov 8, 2022
I have a problem since I conquered the last territory, I have the message that you saw on the screen which appears everywhere except in the main room of the stronghold, and impossible to remove it when I click on ok it just moves on to the next sentence, but the message remains... Any solution to this problem?

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
how many traps are in the game? I kinda want my own submissive femenine male harem
Three so far and all are encountered during a quest, hence not taken back to the palace and no harem. Traps in Vae Victis - Khan are the seasoning, not the main course.

I have a problem since I conquered the last territory, I have the message that you saw on the screen which appears everywhere except in the main room of the stronghold, and impossible to remove it when I click on ok it just moves on to the next sentence, but the message remains... Any solution to this problem?
You're playing version 0.10.7. You can either download scripts.rpy from the first message in this thread and put it in game directory or download 0.10.9 completely. The result should be the same.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes