4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Well, I'm inclined to believe that it didn't have to die. It's my opinion that this one died because the developer chose to kill it.
We really have no idea what happened. I said this before, but it could be any number of things. Yes he could have just decided to stop, lost the project files, died, exc. Since there was no word from him, and no one was able to get in contact with him we can only speculate.

Reactions: gamiat

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
We really have no idea what happened. I said this before, but it could be any number of things. Yes he could have just decided to stop, lost the project files, died, exc. Since there was no word from him, and no one was able to get in contact with him we can only speculate.
I've said pretty much the same thing more than once, but I don't see what it has to do with my previous post, which you quoted.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
We'll almost certainly never know what happened with the game and DRG, and uninformed speculation isn't very useful or interesting.

I was playing the project from the beginning, and can testify that DRG was always very slow with the updates (though he only charged by the update, so that was legit), not very interested in communicating with fans, and, in general, seemed to view the game as a hobby and not a passion. It is entirely believable that he walked away from the game and never bothered to tell anyone. That's the scenario I hope happened, for his sake.

The game was sexy without being stereotypical, which made it rare and makes its abandoned tag that much more sad.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
We'll almost certainly never know what happened with the game and DRG, and uninformed speculation isn't very useful or interesting.

I was playing the project from the beginning, and can testify that DRG was always very slow with the updates (though he only charged by the update, so that was legit), not very interested in communicating with fans, and, in general, seemed to view the game as a hobby and not a passion. It is entirely believable that he walked away from the game and never bothered to tell anyone. That's the scenario I hope happened, for his sake.

The game was sexy without being stereotypical, which made it rare and makes its abandoned tag that much more sad.
From what I remember, this game was pretty much a hobby for DRG to work on and earn some extra $$ while he was attending college. He stopped updating the game after he graduated. I would assume that he got a decent paying job with his new college degree, so he wouldn't need the income he got from this game.

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
Valiant Warrior Astrid - Bonus Renders & Wallpapers:
Mega

This is the same collection of Patreon extras I uploaded a while back, but without all the game's CGI included, making for a much more manageable download. Enjoy!
Yo ho, thanks for that! :)

Oh, and just in case he has not reached you yet himself: The Horned King said he was looking for you ... ;)

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
could you please share the names of the best ( and others ) in your opinion
I'm not going to try to list all of the adult RPGM games which I think are quite good. That would be too long of a list. Besides, just because I think they're good, it doesn't follow that you'll agree. A lot of it comes down to personal preference. I'll list a few, though, just to demonstrate my point.

The Humbling Experience - This one is unfortunately from the VX generation of RPGM, instead of the MV generation, so it's clunkier. And there isn't anything really innovative in the game design - it's just average in that department. However, for people who like VWA because of the corruption and exhibitionism, rather than just for the fantasy setting (This is set in modern times, but in a fictional city and country.), this is probably another one they'll enjoy. It's a slow but steady burn with heavy emphasis on both corruption and exhibitionism, and it has some pretty far out situations, including the MC parading down a city street fully nude in broad daylight. Unfortunately, like VWA, it was abandoned years ago, and will almost certainly never be completed. No combat.

The Office Wife - Another female MC corruption game in a modern setting. As with The Humbling Experience, the game design itself isn't anything out of the ordinary, but there's lots of content, pretty decent renders, and some good animations. If you like cheating, hotwifing, or just general sluttery from a female MC, this game delivers. No combat.

Claire's Quest - This is similar to VWA, in that it's a female MC corruption game in a fantasy setting, but apart from that, it's pretty different. This one is a lot less focused on exhibitionism, and the corruption ramps up a lot faster (and to much higher levels) in this game than in VWA. But this one has some creative game design. For one thing, most of the visual assets are custom, not just the art for the cutscenes - most of the character sprites, mapping tiles, etc. are custom, which gives the game a more unique feel. More particularly, though, the game features an alignment system with four character traits in which the MC can gain or lose points, and which dictates how the MC will react to certain situations and what actions will be available for her to take. This isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's well executed here, and I like to see actual game design in adult games, particularly when it isn't part of the default setup for the game engine.
I haven't played this game since V 0.16.4, and it's now up to V 0.22.4, so I have no idea how much it may have changed, but I'm confident that it's only gotten better. The development team knows what they're doing.
No actual combat, but avoiding enemies on the map is important, because you can get a game over if they catch you. Claire can sometimes use items on the map to cancel enemy encounters, and there's at least one point in the game where she can use a weapon on the map to kill somebody, but there's no actual combat.

A Struggle with Sin - This one is a male MC game in a fantasy setting. I guess you could call it a corruption game, though I don't really consider it to be one. Yes, the MC does gain corruption points throughout the game, but it doesn't seem to have any bearing on his character, actions, or relationships. I guess you could say that he corrupts the female characters, because they also gain corruption points, and become progressively more open to more sex acts, but I just don't get corruption vibes from the game. More like seduction, I would say.
This one also features custom visual assets for the character sprites and mapping tiles. It supposedly has an alignment system (pure vs. corrupt), but you can't gain purity points, only corruption points, and it doesn't change the gameplay, so I don't really consider that to be good game design. The game does have a crafting system, though, which factors into a lot of the quests. It also has a farming system, and a hunting system, though they're both very simple systems. The renders are decent, but not great. They look like older Poser or early generation Daz renders. There are lots of simple animations, which are also decent, but not great.
There's a lot of content in this game. If I counted correctly, there are currently twenty-one romanceable females for the MC to add to his harem, with at least two more planned for the future. A lot of the questlines for romancing the different girls are connected, too, which creates a pretty complex tapestry, so, if you do pick up this game, you'll probably want to play with the walkthrough handy, or you'll likely get stuck.
There's lots of combat in this one. If you have NTR turned on for the game (If you don't like NTR, you have the option to disable it at the start of the game.), losing combat with a female in your party results in an NTR scene.

Karryn's Prison - This one is probably the most unique entry on the list, in terms of game design. While some RPGM games do combat poorly, and some do it well, and some skip it entirely, this game turns the whole question of whether the combat was good or bad on its head by putting all - yes, all - of the sexual content in the game in the combat events. The game also features a custom combat menu which looks and feels very slick. And, while I almost always consider the side-view battle window for RPGM games to be vastly preferable to the front-view battle window, this game is the one exception to that rule. In this game, the front-view battler is definitely the better choice.
I will admit that, after a while, the combat can get pretty repetitive, which means that the sexual content can also get repetitive, but there are multiple levels of the prison, and each level beyond the first has at least one enemy type which is unique. And you will usually get multiple enemy types in each combat, so that the number of possible combinations helps to keep things fresh.
The game also helps to add variety by featuring sub-games such as working as a waitress in the bar, or working as a receptionist in the visitation center. These sub-games add modifications to the combat system to make it feel less like combat. And I would say that it's pretty successful. Most of the time, when you're playing one of the sub-games, you won't even think about the fact that you're actually still using the combat system, and that you can either win or lose the event.
The game doesn't take its story too seriously - it's pretty much entirely tongue in cheek - and just tries to have fun with it. Personally, I think it succeeds in that regard. The setting is sort of a muddled fantasy world. There are goblins and orcs and werewolves and lizardmen, and everyone fights using medieval weapons or hand to hand, but they also have walkie-talkies and computers. As I said, they aren't too worried about serious worldbuilding.
This isn't my favorite of the games I've named here, but I definitely consider it to be one of the more unique and well designed RPGM games I've played.
Edit - I forgot to mention that this a female MC game, but it should have been obvious from the title.

I'll stop there, but there are plenty of other RPGM games which are well done and worth playing.

Last edited:

Fatneck

Aug 19, 2020
I'm not going to try to list all of the adult RPGM games which I think are quite good. That would be too long of a list. Besides, just because I think they're good, it doesn't follow that you'll agree. A lot of it comes down to personal preference. I'll list a few, though, just to demonstrate my point.

The Humbling Experience - This one is unfortunately from the VX generation of RPGM, instead of the MV generation, so it's clunkier. And there isn't anything really innovative in the game design - it's just average in that department. However, for people who like VWA because of the corruption and exhibitionism, rather than just for the fantasy setting (This is set in modern times, but in a fictional city and country.), this is probably another one they'll enjoy. It's a slow but steady burn with heavy emphasis on both corruption and exhibitionism, and it has some pretty far out situations, including the MC parading down a city street fully nude in broad daylight. Unfortunately, like VWA, it was abandoned years ago, and will almost certainly never be completed. No combat.

The Office Wife - Another female MC corruption game in a modern setting. As with The Humbling Experience, the game design itself isn't anything out of the ordinary, but there's lots of content, pretty decent renders, and some good animations. If you like cheating, hotwifing, or just general sluttery from a female MC, this game delivers. No combat.

Claire's Quest - This is similar to VWA, in that it's a female MC corruption game in a fantasy setting, but apart from that, it's pretty different. This one is a lot less focused on exhibitionism, and the corruption ramps up a lot faster (and to much higher levels) in this game than in VWA. But this one has some creative game design. For one thing, most of the visual assets are custom, not just the art for the cutscenes - most of the character sprites, mapping tiles, etc. are custom, which gives the game a more unique feel. More particularly, though, the game features an alignment system with four character traits in which the MC can gain or lose points, and which dictates how the MC will react to certain situations and what actions will be available for her to take. This isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's well executed here, and I like to see actual game design in adult games, particularly when it isn't part of the default setup for the game engine.
I haven't played this game since V 0.16.4, and it's now up to V 0.22.4, so I have no idea how much it may have changed, but I'm confident that it's only gotten better. The development team knows what they're doing.
No actual combat, but avoiding enemies on the map is important, because you can get a game over if they catch you. Claire can sometimes use items on the map to cancel enemy encounters, and there's at least one point in the game where she can use a weapon on the map to kill somebody, but there's no actual combat.

A Struggle with Sin - This one is a male MC game in a fantasy setting. I guess you could call it a corruption game, though I don't really consider it to be one. Yes, the MC does gain corruption points throughout the game, but it doesn't seem to have any bearing on his character, actions, or relationships. I guess you could say that he corrupts the female characters, because they also gain corruption points, and become progressively more open to more sex acts, but I just don't get corruption vibes from the game. More like seduction, I would say.
This one also features custom visual assets for the character sprites and mapping tiles. It supposedly has an alignment system (pure vs. corrupt), but you can't gain purity points, only corruption points, and it doesn't change the gameplay, so I don't really consider that to be good game design. The game does have a crafting system, though, which factors into a lot of the quests. It also has a farming system, and a hunting system, though they're both very simple systems. The renders are decent, but not great. They look like older Poser or early generation Daz renders. There are lots of simple animations, which are also decent, but not great.
There's a lot of content in this game. If I counted correctly, there are currently twenty-one romanceable females for the MC to add to his harem, with at least two more planned for the future. A lot of the questlines for romancing the different girls are connected, too, which creates a pretty complex tapestry, so, if you do pick up this game, you'll probably want to play with the walkthrough handy, or you'll likely get stuck.
There's lots of combat in this one. If you have NTR turned on for the game (If you don't like NTR, you have the option to disable it at the start of the game.), losing combat with a female in your party results in an NTR scene.

Karryn's Prison - This one is probably the most unique entry on the list, in terms of game design. While some RPGM games do combat poorly, and some do it well, and some skip it entirely, this game turns the whole question of whether the combat was good or bad on its head by putting all - yes, all - of the sexual content in the game in the combat events. The game also features a custom combat menu which looks and feels very slick. And, while I almost always consider the side-view battle window for RPGM games to be vastly preferable to the front-view battle window, this game is the one exception to that rule. In this game, the front-view battler is definitely the better choice.
I will admit that, after a while, the combat can get pretty repetitive, which means that the sexual content can also get repetitive, but there are multiple levels of the prison, and each level beyond the first has at least one enemy type which is unique. And you will usually get multiple enemy types in each combat, so that the number of possible combinations helps to keep things fresh.
The game also helps to add variety by featuring sub-games such as working as a waitress in the bar, or working as a receptionist in the visitation center. These sub-games add modifications to the combat system to make it feel less like combat. And I would say that it's pretty successful. Most of the time, when you're playing one of the sub-games, you won't even think about the fact that you're actually still using the combat system, and that you can either win or lose the event.
The game doesn't take its story too seriously - it's pretty much entirely tongue in cheek - and just tries to have fun with it. Personally, I think it succeeds in that regard. The setting is sort of a muddled fantasy world. There are goblins and orcs and werewolves and lizardmen, and everyone fights using medieval weapons or hand to hand, but they also have walkie-talkies and computers. As I said, they aren't too worried about serious worldbuilding.
This isn't my favorite of the games I've named here, but I definitely consider it to be one of the more unique and well designed RPGM games I've played.
Edit - I forgot to mention that this a female MC game, but it should have been obvious from the title.

I'll stop there, but there are plenty of other RPGM games which are well done and worth playing.
I hear you about not mentioning all of them. and i do agree on your list more or less. (personal preferences). I want to add Dilmur. Very story driven with no obvious trainer elements. There are many others and it all comes down to personal preference. VWA is written around the idea of exhibitionism and sadly a trainer was added, wich you luckily almost are able to ignore if the cheatsmenu is used properly. You could also take a look at Succulence, Lolita gone wild. Or just hit a search for exhibitionism and female protagonist. Usually i find good information on quality or gameplay in the comments.

Reactions: waffel and lolguest

lolguest

May 4, 2017

Yes, excellent games all of them. Great post btw! Certainly will help a lot of people, I wish I could forget this list to play this all over again.

I hear you about not mentioning all of them. and i do agree on your list more or less. (personal preferences). I want to add Dilmur. Very story driven with no obvious trainer elements. There are many others and it all comes down to personal preference. VWA is written around the idea of exhibitionism and sadly a trainer was added, wich you luckily almost are able to ignore if the cheatsmenu is used properly. You could also take a look at Succulence, Lolita gone wild. Or just hit a search for exhibitionism and female protagonist. Usually i find good information on quality or gameplay in the comments.
Also agree with games suggestions, but the trainer in VWA was really good, like two different amazing games in just one. But maybe I'm biased because I liked Akabur's.

Fatneck

Aug 19, 2020
Yes, excellent games all of them. Great post btw! Certainly will help a lot of people, I wish I could forget this list to play this all over again.

Also agree with games suggestions, but the trainer in VWA was really good, like two different amazing games in just one. But maybe I'm biased because I liked Akabur's.
I just do not like trainers ;)

Reactions: lolguest
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes