4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

rontantes

Jan 2, 2018
While none of us can see into the future, I'm going to make a confident prediction. This game will not be continued by anyone.
I mean... you're likely right. But it doesn't sound that unreasonable... does it?

His earlier game found a taker. If the game is decompiled properly and 'easy' to take over, I think the odds improve.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I mean... you're likely right. But it doesn't sound that unreasonable... does it?
It might not sound unreasonable for someone who has previous experience at successfully developing a game, but most people in that category would rather develop their own original game.

As for people who have not already completed development of at least one adult game, most of them have no idea how much work goes into making even a relatively simple game. And Valiant Warrior Astrid was not a simple game. DRG had to write multiple unique plugins for the systems which he created for this game, because this game features not only your standard RPGM combat system, but also a lust system, a shame system, a multi-stage day/night system which interacts with the shame system, an outfit system which interacts with both the lust and shame systems and the day/night system, and a variable menu portrait system.

And if you know enough about the RPGM engine and javascript coding to be able to handle those aspects of the game, there's still the writing and the art, which are two completely different problems. For the writing, there really isn't any hope of this game going where it was supposed to go without DRG at the helm. So right off the bat, you're going to lose most of the players who aren't happy with the change in writers. For the art, you have to know how to use Daz Studio, you have to have the hardware to produce quality renders in a reasonable amount of time, and you need to identify and acquire all of the visual assets which DRG was using for the game - the characters, the outfits, the weapons, the environments, and so on.

His earlier game found a taker. If the game is decompiled properly and 'easy' to take over, I think the odds improve.
As mentioned above, it definitely would not be easy to take this over, decompiled or not.

And the example of his earlier game seems to prove my point. Sure, someone took it over. And now it's abandoned again. And the guy who abandoned it tried to start two other games, both of which are also now abandoned. Developing adult games is hard, and there are more people who wash out than who make it to the end.

Jun 2, 2017
As for people who have not already completed development of at least one adult game, most of them have no idea how much work goes into making even a relatively simple game. And Valiant Warrior Astrid was not a simple game. DRG had to write multiple unique plugins for the systems which he created for this game, because this game features not only your standard RPGM combat system, but also a lust system, a shame system, a multi-stage day/night system which interacts with the shame system, an outfit system which interacts with both the lust and shame systems and the day/night system, and a variable menu portrait system.

And if you know enough about the RPGM engine and javascript coding to be able to handle those aspects of the game, there's still the writing and the art, which are two completely different problems. For the writing, there really isn't any hope of this game going where it was supposed to go without DRG at the helm. So right off the bat, you're going to lose most of the players who aren't happy with the change in writers. For the art, you have to know how to use Daz Studio, you have to have the hardware to produce quality renders in a reasonable amount of time, and you need to identify and acquire all of the visual assets which DRG was using for the game - the characters, the outfits, the weapons, the environments, and so on.
As someone who is working on this exact same process on another game, I concur. It is extremely difficult to do. You have to basically rebuild the game, scene by scene, action by action in the game engine to have any idea how the game mechanics work. Also exactly as you said, once you build the game with the current assets, to progress the story, you will need to create new assets in DAZ. At which point, you will probably need to recreate earlier scenes because they won't match your new assets.

I agree completely with your post. It will take a lot for this to ever be recreated by someone new, without the original game/assets from DRG. I highly doubt it happens, but it could.

Who knows if I ever finish my game remake, it's a fun endeavor to try and gives you a much greater appreciation on the difficulty of building a solid game.

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Since we've got people here who seem to know the coding system, does anyone know how to link specific scenes to the scene gallery map? The (armored) Astrid defeated by Ramon in fight scene (bad end) has no replay link I can find, and I wanted to add it.

Also, how do you cue/link/trigger specific different scene outcomes? it's really confusing even though I've been looking through the common resources file and editing a little bit to change dialogue and scene order more to my liking on the Harlot-dress path Ramon scene, as it felt rushed (maybe literally, as it was near eventual end of production of game). I've been wanting to figure out how to make the choice of grabbing the sword where it clatters to the floor be a bad end (same end as fail fight vs Ramon in fully armed path) since she shouldn't be able to reach it, then.

Problem is I'm just a script-kiddie: have no freaking clue how to code. Don't know what these codes mean; am just copy-pasting what seems to fit from examples before, and backtracking edits to file when I screw something up and get error.

Last edited:

rontantes

Jan 2, 2018
It might not sound unreasonable for someone who has previous experience at successfully developing a game, but most people in that category would rather develop their own original game.

As mentioned above, it definitely would not be easy to take this over, decompiled or not.

And the example of his earlier game seems to prove my point. Sure, someone took it over. And now it's abandoned again. And the guy who abandoned it tried to start two other games, both of which are also now abandoned. Developing adult games is hard, and there are more people who wash out than who make it to the end.
Yeah. Unfortunately, I think think I have to agree that you're right.
It had been some years since I had actually played the game, and I went back and played it again. There is a reason it is such a favorite, and there is an incredible amount of detailed work that went into the system.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes