4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Should I just learn how to work in rpgmaker and try to recreate this game?
No, you should not. You don't have the right to take over someone else's work without their consent.

Can you? Yeah, you can. The chances that DRG is going to come back from the dead and take action against you are astronomically small. You could almost certainly get away with trying. It would also almost certainly be a failed attempt.

It would be hard as I am not an artist and also don't want to step on the old work and go in a direction they never intended.
It would also be almost certain that you would go in a direction which DRG did not intend.

Jealco

Mar 25, 2018
Should I just learn how to work in rpgmaker and try to recreate this game? It would be hard as I am not an artist and also don't want to step on the old work and go in a direction they never intended.
Don't. See the post above me for why.

If you're so inclined to find an artist and learn RPGMaker, though, there would be nothing wrong with using VWA as an inspiration! Take bits and pieces of it, put your own spin on them, and build them into their own world, with your own story. Just make sure the work is yours, not just copying DRG.

The greatest challenges there are getting art at DRGs quality and writing a story and world to the same level as DRG did. DRG was talented as fuck, and it shows. Big shoes to fill, but not impossible.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fatneck

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Fan remakes/continuations almost never prosper. If you want to do an "Astrid's Adventures" fan homage featuring whatever you can get close to this in looks but with a completely new story, that would be great. Even better might be making a parody version. Just don't steal someone's IP.

battonray

Dec 10, 2018
Well it's also why I put it out there. It's like any time I see someone trying to remake or "add" to an old game either via a fan remake or the OG coming back and going "I'll be here this time" usually ends with the same sad result.

I think I'll make my own game. Had some ideas kicking in my head and again, I only asked because really I do know there is interest in this game still but, after sleeping on it and getting back it's a pipe dream. Better to be original than to take someone's work or try and make something that again, the original owner/creator is just not only not involved but taking and twisting it into something they had no intention would sit wrong with me. If he ever does come back or she comes back, I won't hold my breath but would be nice.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well it's also why I put it out there. It's like any time I see someone trying to remake or "add" to an old game either via a fan remake or the OG coming back and going "I'll be here this time" usually ends with the same sad result.

I think I'll make my own game. Had some ideas kicking in my head and again, I only asked because really I do know there is interest in this game still but, after sleeping on it and getting back it's a pipe dream. Better to be original than to take someone's work or try and make something that again, the original owner/creator is just not only not involved but taking and twisting it into something they had no intention would sit wrong with me. If he ever does come back or she comes back, I won't hold my breath but would be nice.
I would strongly recommend laying out your ideas as much as you can, both before and during your game creation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You get the idea. I see a lot of creators who get a ways into something and then abandon it because they didn't organize themselves well. A lot of times it's because of outside forces (job loss, sickness, etc.), but I see almost an equal number who burn out and flicker away when inspiration has halted. With a solid direction of where to go and how to get there, you improve your chances of success greatly.

Reactions: HenWen

lolguest

May 4, 2017
I'm sorry guys but I'll go in the opposite direction.

If anyone wants to remake, continue, make a parody, fan game, whatever, just go for it. Just be sure you will put yourself in hard position where people will have high expectations about your game. It's that simple.

It has been YEARS since the last update about VWA and everyone comes back here in hopes of what? Every time someone tries to create something new a few people come to say "no, you shouldn't". Why these people say that? Well, there's this and that but the main argument usually is "you should not steal others work". Come on guys, really? Here... In this site? Don't feel attacked OK? I'm contesting your argument and not you as a person. Unless you paid for everything you downloaded here and contributed to VWA's Patreon, your argument is worthless or worse a lie, so it's not really convincing.

Now let me bring a new argument to the table. A lot of people here knows the other DRG game Valentina's Story. Does everybody know it has a continuation (Valentina's Story HS Edition), a remake (Valentina Summer) and a fan inspired game (Lolita Gone Wild)? It's sad nobody even tried to do anything in Astrid universe because of negative comments here.
There's another reason there are many other versions of Valentina. DynamiteRed made 3 posts explaining why he was stopping Valentina's development, he stopped because of lack of time, lack of desire and he learned a lot of RPGM coding, so he wanted to create something from the beginning. But, he also said something important, he didn't mind someone continuing the project he abandoned and in his own words: "If some crazy person feels like extending the existing content and wanted to share it online, feel free. Just give me credit as the original author. But I won't be involved in any way. Oh, and you can't charge money for it."
Unfortunately his posts are gone, but here's the source from original Valentina's Story thread:

At DynamiteRedGames' Patreon page, the original creator of this game, he links the RPGMaker (VX Ace) project, GIMP master images and the combinations of character/clothing from Sexy Beach Premium Resort if someone wants to finish it.

Here's the post with the links:

And here's why he decided to quit the project:

As stated in the posts I linked above, the "license" is: "If some crazy person feels like extending the existing content and wanted to share it online, feel free. Just give me credit as the original author. But I won't be involved in any way. Oh, and you can't charge money for it."

I wish you luck with this project, vorris, as I really (really) like this game.
Now that's a real argument, isn't it? With his statement we can assume that yes, you CAN continue his abandoned works, there's 99% of chance he won't mind, just respect his wishes, give credit and don't charge any money. If you make a parody instead, it's your own creation.
"Well, but I don't like these continuations". You know the answer, don't you? Just. Don't. Play. It.

blue_0028

Dec 21, 2022
I'm sorry guys but I'll go in the opposite direction.

If anyone wants to remake, continue, make a parody, fan game, whatever, just go for it. Just be sure you will put yourself in hard position where people will have high expectations about your game. It's that simple.

It has been YEARS since the last update about VWA and everyone comes back here in hopes of what? Every time someone tries to create something new a few people come to say "no, you shouldn't". Why these people say that? Well, there's this and that but the main argument usually is "you should not steal others work". Come on guys, really? Here... In this site? Don't feel attacked OK? I'm contesting your argument and not you as a person. Unless you paid for everything you downloaded here and contributed to VWA's Patreon, your argument is worthless or worse a lie, so it's not really convincing.

Now let me bring a new argument to the table. A lot of people here knows the other DRG game Valentina's Story. Does everybody know it has a continuation (Valentina's Story HS Edition), a remake (Valentina Summer) and a fan inspired game (Lolita Gone Wild)? It's sad nobody even tried to do anything in Astrid universe because of negative comments here.
There's another reason there are many other versions of Valentina. DynamiteRed made 3 posts explaining why he was stopping Valentina's development, he stopped because of lack of time, lack of desire and he learned a lot of RPGM coding, so he wanted to create something from the beginning. But, he also said something important, he didn't mind someone continuing the project he abandoned and in his own words: "If some crazy person feels like extending the existing content and wanted to share it online, feel free. Just give me credit as the original author. But I won't be involved in any way. Oh, and you can't charge money for it."
Unfortunately his posts are gone, but here's the source from original Valentina's Story thread:

Now that's a real argument, isn't it? With his statement we can assume that yes, you CAN continue his abandoned works, there's 99% of chance he won't mind, just respect his wishes, give credit and don't charge any money. If you make a parody instead, it's your own creation.
"Well, but I don't like these continuations". You know the answer, don't you? Just. Don't. Play. It.
Hey, do you perhaps have any recommendations for me
I love this game and I wonder if there's some more games like this or not
I have alr tried Valentina and Succulence

Reactions: lolguest

Dustyride

Jun 11, 2021
If someone wants to pick up the torch and continue the Valiant Warrior game ,then more power to them .Too many good games get tossed to the wayside because of loss of interest .This game in particular has a lot of followers

blue_0028

Dec 21, 2022
If someone wants to pick up the torch and continue the Valiant Warrior game ,then more power to them .Too many good games get tossed to the wayside because of loss of interest .This game in particular has a lot of followers
Do you have any recommendations for me?
I was looking for games like Valient warrior and it really sucks that there are very less games like these or maybe I am just unknown to them

lolguest

May 4, 2017
Do you have any recommendations for me?
I was looking for games like Valient warrior and it really sucks that there are very less games like these or maybe I am just unknown to them
Yes, I have some recommendations. Although, no game will ever fully scratch the itch of VWA.

ScaleGarden games are some in the same genre, which I recommend in this order:
Sangeki of Gear
Rhode's Fortress
The Curse of Pleasure is directly inspired in both above.

Anna Exciting Affection in the Chapter 1 used to be in RPGM engine, the slow corruption reminded me a little VWA. Don't start directly on chapter 2.
Lily of the Valley is a classic worth playing.
From the same era when pgames were more scarce there's The Humbling Experience, if you can endure the outdated window size.
I personally find Dilmur an awesome game too, hours of playing, slow corruption, art improves every step you go further.

Well, there's more amazing games but I can't remember now. Don't worry I got you, follow this list right here:
Bablu's Corruption list

There are hundreds of games, ranked and with tags. The main interest of the creator is NTR, but don't worry if this is not your cup of tea, the majority of corruption games are there and a lot are similar with VWA in some aspects. Take your time, because it's an overwhelming amount of fun.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Beautiful.

A future's lost where you and I
Are seen by ev'ry prying eye,
Where sunbeams shine and eagles fly,
Your lips kiss ground, your ass the sky.
I'd call your name; your cheeks would blush,
Your breath caught in adren'line rush.
I touch your thighs, approach your plush
While streams between begin to gush.
Your moans from how I'd nethers kissed
Soon turn to screams at tonguing twist.
You arch your back and clench your fist—
This is the Astrid I have missed. :cry:

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes