4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That would also mean the dev would lose more patrons due to just disappearing on an awesome project only to resurface with something totally different. How could the patrons trust the dev, at that point?
Whether you choose to trust someone or not is a personal matter. I'm not saying it wouldn't look bad, but strictly speaking, you have to choose for yourself whether you would trust DRG or not. But it is a choice, not just an inevitable outcome of past events.

Reactions: riddikk91

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Whether you choose to trust someone or not is a personal matter. I'm not saying it wouldn't look bad, but strictly speaking, you have to choose for yourself whether you would trust DRG or not. But it is a choice, not just an inevitable outcome of past events.
I fully understand the logic behind that. It still doesn't answer my question, though. How could the patrons trust the dev? lol
I just never understood people who continue to follow someone who continues to flake, over and over again. (not that this dev has done that). It just seems natural to say "well, he/she has proven countless times that they can't finish a project, so why bother getting excited and then have the story dropped?"

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I fully understand the logic behind that. It still doesn't answer my question, though. How could the patrons trust the dev? lol
I just never understood people who continue to follow someone who continues to flake, over and over again. (not that this dev has done that). It just seems natural to say "well, he/she has proven countless times that they can't finish a project, so why bother getting excited and then have the story dropped?"
Obviously; only any individual still trusting the dev could tell you why. I can't give others' individual reasons. There are many possible reasons people who have been burned continue to trust. Also being "burned" is in the eye of the "victim"; some people forgive quickly while others don't find small things offensive or abusive. I would tend to believe it's more hope than trust, but some reasons might include belief in a project (but not its creator), a personality of quick forgiveness, and not caring what a dev does (i.e., supports out of a desire to help, not out of a desire to get anything in return). No one can know which one any single person has without their explaining.

Juicer69

Aug 31, 2017
so how is this abandoned but the devs patreon still has 374 patrons? also since I'm here, how much content is in the game?
The patrons only pay per updated. So it doesn't cost them when it's idle.
There is a fair bit of content, including a couple of sex scenes.
Pity it was abandoned. It was shaping up nicely.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
so how is this abandoned but the devs patreon still has 374 patrons? also since I'm here, how much content is in the game?
DRG (the dev) doesn't charge by month - only by major update... I've been a patron of his for a while now but, even though their absence is concerning, it's not costing patrons like me anything. So - I leave my pledge there in the hope that DRG is OK and comes back with an update... I'll be glad to pay me pledge if that happens!!!

As to content, it's version 0.5.2 so I suppose you could also say that it's probably half way through deveopment? There is great content which is another reason that so many patrons (like me) are wanting to stick by DRG in case they are going to continue with the game. Just play it - that's a good way to see what content there is! LOL!!

Oct 16, 2018
DRG (the dev) doesn't charge by month - only by major update... I've been a patron of his for a while now but, even though their absence is concerning, it's not costing patrons like me anything. So - I leave my pledge there in the hope that DRG is OK and comes back with an update... I'll be glad to pay me pledge if that happens!!!

As to content, it's version 0.5.2 so I suppose you could also say that it's probably half way through deveopment? There is great content which is another reason that so many patrons (like me) are wanting to stick by DRG in case they are going to continue with the game. Just play it - that's a good way to see what content there is! LOL!!
thanks for your guys replies. astrid is a really nice looking character, wish there was more like her. tanned and petite

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Pretty sure the point is that anyone trusting him at that point would be making an unarguably stupid choice.

Which probably won't matter at all tho. A fool is separated from his money countless times a day on patreon alone (actually per month, but you get the point) .

Reactions: RustyV
Jan 21, 2018
Pretty sure the point is that anyone trusting him at that point would be making an unarguably stupid choice.

Which probably won't matter at all tho. A fool is separated from his money countless times a day on patreon alone (actually per month, but you get the point) .
Dude. What are you talking about?

He is taking money per update. Per update. That was said in this thread for a trillion times. It costs his patreons 0 dollars per month. Zero. As in nothing. How is that untrustworthy? He made games in the past and got money for that. IF he makes games in the future he will get money for that. At the moment he is not getting money.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Dude. What are you talking about?

He is taking money per update. Per update. That was said in this thread for a trillion times. It costs his patreons 0 dollars per month. Zero. As in nothing. How is that untrustworthy? He made games in the past and got money for that. IF he makes games in the future he will get money for that. At the moment he is not getting money.
Yes, exactly. Also, pretty sure calling someone's choice "inarguably stupid" is hilariously inaccurate, given that something being "stupid" is a subjective view, and thus can easily be argued against (and therefore not inarguable in the slightest). Far too many people think "you must view things my way or you're dumb". We disagree; why can't you just leave it at that?

Anyway, back to topic: No one has any idea what's going on with Dynamite, and that's the point. You don't just walk away from a very successful project halfway through for no good reason. Clearly something has happened. DRG owes no one any kind of explanation (life happens), especially when he's not charging when nothing is released. I just hope he finds his way back to health and stability, and then continuing the game, if he feels he's able.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
DRG owes no one any kind of explanation (life happens), especially when he's not charging when nothing is released.
I very strongly disagree with this statement, as I have already stated, earlier in this thread.

I maintain that some sort of explanation is owed, not in a legal sense, but in an ethical sense. However, that doesn't really matter if he can't give an explanation because he's dead, in a coma, lost at sea, or what-have-you.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I very strongly disagree with this statement, as I have already stated, earlier in this thread.

I maintain that some sort of explanation is owed, not in a legal sense, but in an ethical sense. However, that doesn't really matter if he can't give an explanation because he's dead, in a coma, lost at sea, or what-have-you.
So, what if he does return and says "I had some personal things to deal with. I'm sorry I was gone"? That's not really an explanation, so does he have to lay bare his personal crap just to satisfy the "demands" of others? Being a patron does not entitle anyone to access to the personal goings-on of the creator. One donates to help the creator with their project, and that is all.

We will just continue to disagree here. I feel he owes no one anything. Many projects (not just adult games) fail on Patreon and never are finished. It is the nature of any entrepreneurial venture. It's like any investment. There is always risk and only the potential of reward. That potential may be realized, but often it is not. A donation, however, is just that: a contribution to help someone with potential completion of their project.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
So, what if he does return and says "I had some personal things to deal with. I'm sorry I was gone"? That's not really an explanation, so does he have to lay bare his personal crap just to satisfy the "demands" of others? Being a patron does not entitle anyone to access to the personal goings-on of the creator. One donates to help the creator with their project, and that is all.
Did you read a comment from someone in this thread suggesting that DRG should lay bare his personal dealings? I haven't read any such comment, and if you have, it certainly wasn't from me.

The explanation which he owes to the supporters of the project isn't a list of reasons why he hasn't been posting. It's an explanation of the status of the project, with a simple declaration of whether or not the project will continue being the bare minimum.

And I agree that being a patron (no capital "p") does not entitle anyone to access to the developer's private life. It does, however, entitle you to know when a project has been abandoned (actually abandoned by the developer, I mean, not labeled as such on some forum).

We will just continue to disagree here. I feel he owes no one anything.
And I believe that he does. As you say, we will continue to disagree.

Many projects (not just adult games) fail on Patreon and never are finished. It is the nature of any entrepreneurial venture. It's like any investment. There is always risk and only the potential of reward. That potential may be realized, but often it is not. A donation, however, is just that: a contribution to help someone with potential completion of their project.
No, a donation is not just a donation. A pledge to continued support is more than just a donation, and it involves an implied contract (not a legally binding one, but an implied contract, nonetheless). However, I have already spelled out my opinions on this point at length and in detail, earlier in this thread, and I'm not going to reiterate all of those things now. Anyone who wants to know more only has to scan back through a few pages.

And of course a pledge to support does not provide any guarantee that a project will be completed. Once again you are responding to statements which I never made or implied in any way.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
And I agree that being a patron (no capital "p") does not entitle anyone to access to the developer's private life. It does, however, entitle you to know when a project has been abandoned (actually abandoned by the developer, I mean, not labeled as such on some forum).
Exactly, it is a (obviously not) simple matter of respect.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any good writer, and a good game usually involves good writing, knows that closure is important.
If this VN has, for whatever reason, been abandoned by the developer giving a brief farewell address to patrons and supporters is providing closure. This is a polite and respectful action to do.
After all good manners cost nothing.

That being said I hope this VN will be resurrected in the future.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Did you read a comment from someone in this thread suggesting that DRG should lay bare his personal dealings? I haven't read any such comment, and if you have, it certainly wasn't from me.

The explanation which he owes to the supporters of the project isn't a list of reasons why he hasn't been posting. It's an explanation of the status of the project, with a simple declaration of whether or not the project will continue being the bare minimum.

And I believe that he does. As you say, we will continue to disagree.

No, a donation is not just a donation. A pledge to continued support is more than just a donation, and it involves an implied contract (not a legally binding one, but an implied contract, nonetheless). However, I have already spelled out my opinions on this point at length and in detail, earlier in this thread, and I'm not going to reiterate all of those things now. Anyone who wants to know more only has to scan back through a few pages.

And of course a pledge to support does not provide any guarantee that a project will be completed. Once again you are responding to statements which I never made or implied in any way.
Exactly, it is a (obviously not) simple matter of respect.
Any good writer, and a good game usually involves good writing, knows that closure is important.
If this VN has, for whatever reason, been abandoned by the developer giving a brief farewell address to patrons and supporters is providing closure. This is a polite and respectful action to do.
After all good manners cost nothing.

That being said I hope this VN will be resurrected in the future.
This is all moot discussion anyway. If DRG comes back, I'm sure he'll say something about the status of the project. I just see people getting upset when none of us has any idea what's going on. I hope it's not the case, but he could be dead or something. As I said before, the developer of a successful game doesn't just leave halfway through without any word unless there is a real reason. I just hope the reason isn't tragic or permanent.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes