• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Ok i'm liking the game so far, my one and only problem is that the game freezes every 10 ish minutes, and i have to blindly save the game to avoid losing my progress, any idea how to fix it if it happend to someone here ? thanks

Fyi, all other games works fine, firt time having an issue like this one
I haven't got a clue but dang, I want to get acquainted with your signature girl ;)

landeaux

Sep 26, 2017
It's absolutely tragic that 0.6 never came out. The content in here is top-tier. Looking at his patreon, the dev certainly doesn't seem like a flake. Updates were consistent and frequent, and then just....nothing.
It leaves me worried, but hopefully he just ended up in jail or something and isn't dead.

MarcCollins89

Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I'm surprised no-one has taken up the challenge to continue this game. It was a good game, so I'm just surprised no one has tried to continue it

FreeCookie

May 9, 2017
I'm surprised no-one has taken up the challenge to continue this game. It was a good game, so I'm just surprised no one has tried to continue it
Due to its popularity and success people might want to do it right and it might take a while for someone capable to step up.

Reactions: PinkBishop

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Due to its popularity and success people might want to do it right and it might take a while for someone capable to step up.
First off, if you don't have the creator's consent to continue the work, then you violate his copyright, and you run the risk of getting yourself into trouble, if, by some chance, he does happen to still be out there and finds out what you're doing and doesn't approve.

Secondly, without access to the developer's assets, you would have to compile your own assets, which can be costly. And, if a significant portion of the original assets were made by the developer, then you might not be able to match them, and the "continuation" will have a very different look and feel, which probably wouldn't go over well with the fans of the game.

Thirdly, without knowing how the creator intended the story to play out, no one will ever be able to truly complete this game. You can get "person X's" take on how they think it should have gone, but you can never truly complete the original story.

In short, no one but Dynamite Red Games can complete this game. If he's truly gone, and it certainly looks like he is, then this game will never be finished. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
First off, if you don't have the creator's consent to continue the work, then you violate his copyright, and you run the risk of getting yourself into trouble, if, by some chance, he does happen to still be out there and finds out what you're doing and doesn't approve.
You do realize this is a site that pirates games where the majority of content inside of those games is pirated from Daz3D download sites right?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
You do realize this is a site that pirates games where the majority of content inside of those games is pirated from Daz3D download sites right?
I realize that there's a lot of pirating going on. That in no way changes the copyright laws or makes them unenforceable. Sites get taken down on a regular basis because of copyright claims. And games have to stop or alter production because of copyright infringement.

Take a look at "Injustice Unlimited", a game with more than $13,000 in monthly support on Patreon. They had to change the title of the game to "Something Unlimited", in order to avoid claims of copyright infringment.

Or take a look at the creator of this game - Dynamite Red Games. He had another game in development, before he started work on Valiant Warrior Astrid, and the reason why he stopped developing that game is that it was made with assets which were owned by someone else, and he was afraid of a copyright claim. So you can be sure that none of the assets used in making Valiant Warrior Astrid were stolen. They were purchased or created from other legally obtained components.

And that's how it is with a huge number of the games on this site. If they have original artwork, whether drawn, painted, or CG art, then they aren't stealing their stuff. They're making it, or they're buying it.

One more word about the pirating which goes on here at f95zone. Most of it takes place with the knowledge and blessing of the developers whose work is being pirated. If that weren't the case, I would have nothing to do with this site. And if a developer whose work is posted here finds out about it and doesn't approve, you can be sure that that particular game won't be here for long.

NeoVlahos

Jun 17, 2017
Ok let's try and reach page 100 somehow...
Game is dead and it has been dead since almost a year now.
The latest version was just some images and two animations ,0.48 version came out in august yesteryear .
One -even me propadly- could have made an RenPy version and distributed for free here or elsewhere.
Named it something like Castrid the Futa Valiant :painted from memory edition .
But why ,the game is dead and the time and the resources that is needed to do just that i mean why where is the progress to that anyway let's move forward guys .
I canceled my patronage for it today and gave it a rest. Lets all do the same it was good while it lasted .

MarcCollins89

Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Did a bit of research the music of the game is custom made, so in theory wouldn't that guy know how to get in contact with DRG?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Did a bit of research the music of the game is custom made, so in theory wouldn't that guy know how to get in contact with DRG?
Possibly, if the music was made to order. But some musicians make custom music for games and other media projects, and then sell it through vendor sites. If that were the case, the musician in question might never have had any direct contact with DRG. Still, I would say it's worth looking into further.

PinkBishop

Oct 29, 2017
Ok let's try and reach page 100 somehow...
Game is dead and it has been dead since almost a year now.
The latest version was just some images and two animations ,0.48 version came out in august yesteryear .
One -even me propadly- could have made an RenPy version and distributed for free here or elsewhere.
Named it something like Castrid the Futa Valiant :painted from memory edition .
But why ,the game is dead and the time and the resources that is needed to do just that i mean why where is the progress to that anyway let's move forward guys .
I canceled my patronage for it today and gave it a rest. Lets all do the same it was good while it lasted .
It's not so much that someone might think about remaking Astrid. In the end the difficult task is to come up with a storyline that are able to give credit to what have been made in the past and at the same time be able to continue down the same path as what the original author planned. Even I played with the thought about maybe picking up VW Astrid, but then it would also mean that the story would change significantly from the original story, and the majority would probably hate the changes that I made to it. So doing something in RenPy is not the actual challenge in making a similar game under the (almost) same name.

Justjorge

Apr 27, 2017
It's not so much that someone might think about remaking Astrid. In the end the difficult task is to come up with a storyline that are able to give credit to what have been made in the past and at the same time be able to continue down the same path as what the original author planned. Even I played with the thought about maybe picking up VW Astrid, but then it would also mean that the story would change significantly from the original story, and the majority would probably hate the changes that I made to it. So doing something in RenPy is not the actual challenge in making a similar game under the (almost) same name.
I think at this point we'd settle for anything so I say go ahead with your idea :)

MarcCollins89

Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Update, managed to get in contact with the guy that did the music & without knowing the exact music that's in the game he can't provide me with more details as he does a lot of custom stuff.

Reactions: Big Mountain

ninjajay2417

Jul 30, 2018
Update, managed to get in contact with the guy that did the music & without knowing the exact music that's in the game he can't provide me with more details as he does a lot of custom stuff.
Well there are plenty of audio files in the games folders. Some have names, especially the "bgm" folder

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes