4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
it's getting more and more likely that something bad has happened.
...I hadn't even thought of this. I had just been kinda figuring he was busy with classes (IIRC he had a fairly heavy courseload) but now that you mention this... shit. Really hope you're wrong :/

Reactions: FookU2

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I hope nothing bad to their persons, but maybe something else to some close. A new job taking up time, maybe he or she had to move as well. I've seen devs just up and disappear only to reappear months later.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I hope nothing bad to their persons, but maybe something else to some close. A new job taking up time, maybe he or she had to move as well. I've seen devs just up and disappear only to reappear months later.
One can only hope that something's happened that DRG hasn't felt to announce publicly, and that it gets resolved and DRG will be all right in the end. I legit start worrying about some developers when you don't hear from them for a long time. :(

Wet & Wild Production

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2019
One can only hope that something's happened that DRG hasn't felt to announce publicly, and that it gets resolved and DRG will be all right in the end. I legit start worrying about some developers when you don't hear from them for a long time. :(
Right! Too many weeks were going by without any message from the dev. Not a good sign...

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

NeoVlahos

Jun 17, 2017
that's why you need to keep a next of kin in the loop or a partner and a good health care plan you are precious to some of us here :)

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
that's why you need to keep a next of kin in the loop or a partner and a good health care plan you are precious to some of us here :)
Most do game making as a hooby so there's no backup plan if something happens in their lives. I do know devs that have partners but most are just part of a development team. And you never hear from them 95% of the time, they just go about their business and dont have direct knowledge of the dev personal lives. Bit it does become a concern when no one is saying anything, and the dev isn't even on discord, or any chat channel.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This happened with the Coceter Chronicles, the dev just disappeared.
There appeared to be plans for an update and then poof nothing.
I know people have issues but unless you are prevented from contacting your fans at least drop a to note to say "Hey it was fun but..."
I do hope the dev is OK.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Perhaps he'll return with another project, like last time.
Not sure whether to "Like" your post or not, man. On the one hand, it means DRG is at least able to move forward, and that's always a good thing. On the other hand, it would mean Astrid won't get anymore love, and that would be sad. So I guess I have to go with a thinking face.

Roderick2

May 6, 2019
Guys, I've checked his Patreon page and the last post is dated 23 november. But the projetc still acept patrons...

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
so what's new?.... it's normal to still accept if he has not updated it, but don't worry, patreons get charged per update so he's not scamming them... technically

Reactions: RustyV

Justjorge

Apr 27, 2017
so what's new?.... it's normal to still accept if he has not updated it, but don't worry, patreons get charged per update so he's not scamming them... technically
We've been waiting in hopes that he will make his glorious return. Honestly pretty amazing how many pages this thread has for an abandoned work so maybe he'll realize how much he's been missed

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
We've been waiting in hopes that he will make his glorious return. Honestly pretty amazing how many pages this thread has for an abandoned work so maybe he'll realize how much he's been missed
There's been an handful of games I played that were labeled abandoned on F95 those threads remained pretty active and the same issues brought up in this thread were on-going in those and at some point the Dev's did start getting back in touch with supporters, even continuing with new updates, revamping the game, or just putting it on hold and moving onto another project.

SOme of those games became targets of Patrons bullshit, however Valiant Warrior Astrid was not of the them!

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Honestly sometimes I think devs just bite off more than the can chew. The game concept sounds good but implementation becomes a nightmare. After the fun of creating is gone the whole thing may just become too much.
But at least tell the fans or cobble together an ending.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Not sure whether to "Like" your post or not, man. On the one hand, it means DRG is at least able to move forward, and that's always a good thing. On the other hand, it would mean Astrid won't get anymore love, and that would be sad. So I guess I have to go with a thinking face.
That would also mean the dev would lose more patrons due to just disappearing on an awesome project only to resurface with something totally different. How could the patrons trust the dev, at that point?

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes