yandrei

Jan 26, 2018
does skill stack?

eg: you got two units with boost male like fenrir and tentacle monster in one team. does their skill stack, or should i move fenrir into another team to boost. same with team heal skill.

another question, does boosting skill also affect the user, or it only works on others?

thormented

Sep 14, 2016

Helpful wiki for most of the details though since it's based on the Japanese release, navigating some of it (such as medallion title effects) can still require a bit of effort.

Boost skills specifically as under "Strenghtening skills" and do not effect the user. (Tactics on the other hand do affect the unit itself, as long as they can be activated(i.e > 4 of your units still alive.))

fruity

Mar 2, 2018
this is the storey and a gameplay unit and ending from the japanese version and Medal you can edit...

Last edited:

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
This game's tutorial is not that great, and I've kinda just been throwing units at people and seeing if it sticks. Still have no idea what the medallions do.

yandrei

Jan 26, 2018
is fena death avoidable?

also why i cant turn goddess into devil? i have 99 mingle 99 train 6 affection with - divinity.

Lyounus

Jul 4, 2017
Why the hell did I choose hard mode LMAO, Now I'm stuck at the final chapter which the enemy totally obliterate my 9 squads lmao!

Anyway, Can we recruit more than one-same unit?

• Haha
Reactions: AsterK

DraikSpectre

Jul 19, 2018
-that gaggle of free officers you get at the start of the game are actually surprisingly good even if they don't seem like it straight away. The dulluhan kind of sucks apart from the fact that you lack tanks early on and the kobold is a solution to a problem you don't really have in Frontier (auxiliary tactics, morale formation), but the rest of them are very useful, so keep them around. The wolf in particular is about the only S-ranked lancer who doesn't suck. The kobold is at least useful as a generic healer.
Dullahan is literally the best unit you start with. Use her at night on a team with Phantom and her counters will easily kill almost anything. There isn't a single fight in chapter one that can't be solved with Dullahan.

henry25555

Feb 14, 2019
is fena death avoidable?

also why i cant turn goddess into devil? i have 99 mingle 99 train 6 affection with - divinity.
Bruh that's heavy spoilers. To corrupt a goddess you need to drop her divinity to 0% and call out her corrupting event.

thormented

Sep 14, 2016
This game's tutorial is not that great, and I've kinda just been throwing units at people and seeing if it sticks. Still have no idea what the medallions do.
I agree with this assessment, the game is relatively simple, but after going through the tutorial, I ended up more confused than aware of what to do.

Medallions are used as recruitment tools and title fodder. The yellow ones in the corner can be turned into more medallions by taking up resources (the hammer things on the main screen). From my experience, resources are quite plentiful so don't be afraid to burn a few for titles, the spear medallion gives dragonkiller title in the first position which gives off slay dragon, helmet split:5 and a huge 16 bonus to atk early on. It's quite worth it to even fire some of your current units and rehire them just for this. Skill/Sprite medallions in the first position can give out Treasure hunt to various levels, Demon/Magic/Fauxmon in the second position medallions can give out Bounty Hunter (Ores) to various levels.

The very first medallion of any new type that you get (i.e rank 2 onwards) also unlocks new hires although it doesn't guarantee that you can hire that unit with your current set of medallions, making a dragon medallion unlocks the rightmost lancer(Silver Dragon) under dragons for example, but that dragon also requires a rank 4 medallion to recruit. As added information, unlocking higher rank medallions relies on a mixture of Conquest and Reign points, Reign will allow you to unlock 2 medallions faster, but the rest requires a total that is very high.

In line with what I said earlier about remaking units, here's a few of the medallions you need for units you may want to remake:-
Worm Queen - Poison
Lupold Lancer - Knight
Kobold Engineer - Sprite
Dullahan - Hero (Note that you need a rank 4 medallion to remake her)
Hannya Samurai - Hero
Phantom - Blood

I'd also throw out a quick personal plug for Dracaenaria who has a very useful skill, Rainbow venom which inflicts a whole bunch of status effects onto anyone it hits and doesn't require rank 4 medallions. Make a Blood medallion to unlock her.

Unrelated to anything above, let me also add some information I wish I knew beforehand:-
Exp/turn is given to all units irrespective of whether they've in a squad or not, that said, exp from actually fighting significantly outweights the exp/turn you get, A single fight can easily earn you 20-30 turns of idling. You can take advantage of this to keep cost down by utilizing less squads (although admittedly, this is only helpful for the first few chapters....). On a similar note, units kept in a squad that don't fight still enjoy your healing/turn as well.
The status of your units and items is imported in full into new game plus, so there's no real reason to spend time raising loyalty on lower rank units or trying to level up lower tier units. (although there's level caps linked to growth type to consider but by the time you're hitting the cap, you're done with NG and can do practically whatever you want anyway). For this reason, it might be a smart move to keep some high rank ores around so you can immediately sell them and get some gold income on chapter 1.
If you're trying to corrupt goddesses, the "love" event supersedes the corruption event, so be wary of how much mingling you're doing if you want to keep all options open. You should also spend the tail end of chapter 7 doing all the corruption/mingling you want as the final chapter(at least on the law/reign route) seemed to block me out of most of the events.

Last edited:

kusobaba

May 23, 2018
Wait so corrupting the goddess has nothng to do with the ending? I corrupted all goddess but still get Law ending somehow. Maybe because the choice in event I always tried to be lawful.

thormented

Sep 14, 2016
Edit: Had to redo the whole post because the details I originally posted are flat out wrong.

So it looks like I ran into the new stuff for the international release.

Not sure what the triggers are but it triggered on two of my heroines who are on the "love" path (>3 affection, 99 Mingle, event to choose skill). I have another heroine that fulfills that condition but has no event(she has 6 affection as opposed to 7/8 who managed to get the event though). in chapter 6.

The event itself triggers a new h-scene as well as adding another version of that heroine to your roster. A whole new unit that can be in the same squad as the original heroine with modified skills.

Thor gets a defensive unit and Rigret gets a defensive mage. They also get new tactics, all of which seem like MUCH more powerful versions of the originals.

Edit 2: Looked on the game's website and checked the kickstarter page. Confirmed that only 3 heroines should have this treatment. Thor, Rigret and Odin. I have Odin with I think 4 affection so I guess I get to figure out when exactly this happens? Right now she's a few mingle sessions away from 99 though.

Edit 3:Got her event with her affection at 4 prior to picking her skill. I think it's safe to say that as long as you get to pick a skill and not reach the final chapter, you'll get the event.

Last edited:

yandrei

Jan 26, 2018
meanwhile i reach chapter 7 then i realize you have to click mingle button and train to actually progress it. also i only realize during chapter 5 that you can use key to summon powerful units.

thormented

Sep 14, 2016
I think you might need to wait till your new game+, I didn't manage to trigger any events no matter how long I waited after the spoiler happened. (Also, huge minus to the game for not mentioning this may be a problem with mingling/training.)

Alternatively, you could have already gotten that goddess to 99 mingle and with 3+ affection, but given that you said you just realized you could mingle/train that late in the game, I doubt it.

The key is extremely useful considering how long it takes for some of the units to unlock through medallions. If you didn't know, you can click on the X1 next to buy/sell to use up to 10 of them at once to get some really rare units (like NG+, understanding how to maximize Conquer/reign just to unlock the medallions rare.)

yandrei

Jan 26, 2018
The key is extremely useful considering how long it takes for some of the units to unlock through medallions. If you didn't know, you can click on the X1 next to buy/sell to use up to 10 of them at once to get some really rare units (like NG+, understanding how to maximize Conquer/reign just to unlock the medallions rare.)
how conquer/rein works does it have to do with relationship with demon/goddess?, so par the top bar is not even on half.

i find this game really interesting, but the amount of information about it is very little. played kamidori before, and that one is more simple than this game.

thormented

Sep 14, 2016
how conquer/rein works does it have to do with relationship with demon/goddess?, so par the top bar is not even on half.

i find this game really interesting, but the amount of information about it is very little. played kamidori before, and that one is more simple than this game.
You get the points through answering the events that occur sometimes (or through the mingle events.) I believe corrupting a goddess also opens up more events that leads to more Conquer points too, but I can't remember very well.

There's a lot of information out there, but it's very unorganized or based on the Japanese version. On top of that, NG+ is pretty heavily implied by the game itself (All the turn requirements seem to imply NG+ (or an absolutely ridiculous amount of min/maxing.)) so walkthroughs are harder to write, especially if you want to be "good" at the game, since most of the early parts are simply going to be "abuse your overlevelled and overpowered units you imported from your last game."

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes