Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
I think there is something that im not getting about the game,i played through chapter 1 and first map of chapter 2(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
)and it was honestly pretty straight forward to get S++ on the maps without a need to alter the divisions the game starts you with,all the while hoarding all the resources.And then the next map,the difficulty spikes,and i cant even beat it ,let alone get an S rating.I tried creating some custom divisions with a decoy and guard forward to protect it as i read online,but im still getting destroyed...
If your talking about the lvl i think you are i was in the same boat. I got backed into a corner with my 3 divisions on my loose condition and just kept getting attacked all 3 of them ended up under 25% health unable to heal them since i spent all my currency on healing them as much as i could. Eventually all the defending got me enough lvls to brut force my way to the capital and win, took ages but managed to win.

It seems that early on it's easy to grab bad units not understanding how they work together so if thats the case i would restart and be more picky about who you pick up.

Side note Anora with a poison boost team is nasty and has a decent front line to work with and better come pretty quick to swap out weak ones with. If I understand previous statements correctly poison is effectively true damage and Anora can trigger it repeatedly.

Reactions: Tarwion

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Ahahahahahahahahahaha. Holy f*ck, this Alioth scenario. Fool's Lie 3 and Max-Power Attack 999? This is new, right?

EDIT: Recovery 100. F*ck. Self-Destruct 250. Double f*ck. Nothing like watching your units kill themselves over and over again. It's like trying to speed through Necrograd all over again. Also I like how they're positioned to get around Pierce Attack and Cross Attack even though TWO OF THEM HAVE SURROUND NULL. What does this even look like on Thanatos?

At least I get to listen to cool music.
Honestly it wasn't really *that* hard, though I'm just playing on normal. You just need to make sure you have Slay Wraith (Alioth has a 5 gauge skill that gives triple slay wraith to your entire force.)

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Is there some hidden mechanic for Godly Physique? The description seems like it is the same as hardy physique except it also protects from self destruct dmg. Why is it that it is so expensive to get like 1 or 2 points of this skill from medals?
Afaik, no. Hardy Physique and Godly Physique stack, but the latter is much rarer.
Honestly it wasn't really *that* hard, though I'm just playing on normal. You just need to make sure you have Slay Wraith (Alioth has a 5 gauge skill that gives triple slay wraith to your entire force.)
Turned out much less annoying than I thought it was going to be. Still a nasty skill combo I'd only expect from higher difficulties or late-game, which I guess Alioth qualifies for.

The name of Tetra's title event made me chuckle. The title revamps caught me so off guard that I had to double check to make sure I wasn't remembering the original wrong. Noel's Beast-centric title (Command Beast 40 and Beast Boost 62 total, my lord) in particular was buffed even more, and her useless titles in the original received notable upgrades (I always wondered why the original didn't give her Terrain Null). I'm not sure if any of them will trump Deadly Resist 60 and Parry 60 in the end, but that's much more personal preference talking now than it was before.

EDIT: I spoke WAY too soon. All these title revamps are hella interesting. Tetra's Foolish Robot is waaay better now (seriously, f*ck the original with that Self-Destruct noise). Ditto with Liese's Priceless Self-Sacrifice (again, Self-Destruct? really? on LIESE?). Tsubaki's Creation and Destruction is even more funny now that it gives Max-Power Attack 100 and Helmet Split 55. In general, the all-out offense titles are even more over the top now and I love them. ...Really scares me thinking about Thanatos though. Like, did the devs/translators think we would need all this because they made it even harder?

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Can someone explain how vanguard's honor works? As usual, the description doesn't really tell you much. Will it block all attacks on the 2nd and third division? I somehow doubt that.

Kiyokun90

Jun 2, 2017
In order to unlock the harem ending i need to sacrifice the people from each nation and don't make luseli allen or sacrifce her just that right no other things to do? so i just skip the event where she become fallen right?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Can someone explain how vanguard's honor works? As usual, the description doesn't really tell you much. Will it block all attacks on the 2nd and third division? I somehow doubt that.
Vanguard's Honor works like Defense Formation for a battalion. Any non-Flank/Range Attack targeting a division behind a division with Vanguard's Honor will first be redirected to the unit with Vanguard's Honor, then subject to Target Miss, then Forward Guard, then Defense Formation in said division, in that order of priority.
See this post for how Vanguard's Honor actually works.
In order to unlock the harem ending i need to sacrifice the people from each nation and don't make luseli allen or sacrifce her just that right no other things to do? so i just skip the event where she become fallen right?
You also need all Dark Lords awakened, but none berserk. I haven't done Chaos yet so I don't know the exact terminology.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Vanguard's Honor works like Defense Formation for a battalion. Any non-Flank/Range Attack targeting a division behind a division with Vanguard's Honor will first be redirected to the unit with Vanguard's Honor, then subject to Target Miss, then Forward Guard, then Defense Formation in said division, in that order of priority.

You also need all Dark Lords awakened, but none berserk. I haven't done Chaos yet so I don't know the exact terminology.
It's still a bit confusing to me. So how would we make a full proof vanguard tank? Do we need flank/ranged null and all/cross null on the vanguard division or the division that is actually targeted? And if the targeted division has their own eligible tank, which one takes precedence?

Last edited:

test011

Jan 10, 2018
After numerous attempts of finishing the Chapter 2/ The Necro Lord I give up. How im supposed to win this event battle against the battleship if my army looks like that one turn into the battle? here comes the pain train.png

I'd appreciate some protips or in worst case scenario way to cheat my way out of this fight. Difficulty is hard btw

Perveckt

Jun 18, 2020
Is any one else not getting all the tactica listed in rewards when they win fights? All i seem to be getting is the blank ones and it makes filling out my divisions a pain since i have to use all the blanks on what i want and am just not getting enough blanks.

nvm

Last edited:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
After numerous attempts of finishing the Chapter 2/ The Necro Lord I give up. How im supposed to win this event battle against the battleship if my army looks like that one turn into the battle? View attachment 1525565

I'd appreciate some protips or in worst case scenario way to cheat my way out of this fight. Difficulty is hard btw
Is this first time you see this on the field or 2nd mandatory battle? On the field it was a grind fest. just throw money on the problem till it goes away. On the mandatory i barley squeezed by with this formation.
It took me a while to work out any kind of strategy though. (also some causalities are inflicted by my other armies whomst i filled with self destruct stuff to the best of my ability)

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Its my second battle, during the first battle i just cheesed the strategic AI and baited the ship away from the capital. That way i avoided the fight and hoped i wouldn't have to face this accursed ship again.

Self destruct seem to be a good idea, might try that. Thanks.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Its my second battle, during the first battle i just cheesed the strategic AI and baited the ship away from the capital. That way i avoided the fight and hoped i wouldn't have to face this accursed ship again.

Self destruct seem to be a good idea, might try that. Thanks.
Awakened Sylvia was on of my main trump cards - she gets good 1 power skills that she cant use every turn so that was immense help there.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
It's still a bit confusing to me. So how would we make a full proof vanguard tank? Do we need flank/ranged null and all/cross null on the vanguard division or the division that is actually targeted? And if the targeted division has their own eligible tank, which one takes precedence?
Just did some testing with a Vanguard's Honor division, a Range Null unit, and a random decoy against a bunch of Range Attack units. Couldn't find an enemy with Vanguard's Honor, so I'm assuming the rules function the same both ways.

Short answer: Vanguard's Honor takes priority over everything else and redirects all attacks, regardless of Flank/Range Attack, to the unit in the same spot as the original target. You want your Vanguard division to have the Nulls, because those skills are activated when an attack is about to execute and useless on divisions being covered.

test011

Jan 10, 2018
BTW does anybody know if enemies are level scaling?
Google translated japanise wiki doesn't give a clear answer.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
After numerous attempts of finishing the Chapter 2/ The Necro Lord I give up. How im supposed to win this event battle against the battleship if my army looks like that one turn into the battle? View attachment 1525565

Well, your team looks kinda shitty. I mean you are still using kobold hunter. Your top division has a defense only guy guarding another defender, which means he pretty much does nothing. Your defenders are positioned poorly so they are not really defending anything. You use really weak units that serve no purpose. All teams seem like they have poor synergy like relevant boosting for each other. You seem to lack DPS across the board.

Those are just the basic issues. The ship has huge shelling/field damage and all attack that you need to deal with. For necro chapter 2, I think there is only 1 unit that can do All null, which is that one Yamato unit on leader position. And even then, the damn golems hit really hard, have piercing, and the dreaded self destruct. I'm glad I went to the dragon land first. The mid chapter recruitment is 2 slime sisters who are infinitely better than Meiko. And you get to have Liese who has All null and amazing support skills before fighting the boss.

That said, I am playing on normal on my first run. Hard will certainly make things harder, but your divisions are clearly very lacking and probably would have problems even on normal.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just did some testing with a Vanguard's Honor division, a Range Null unit, and a random decoy against a bunch of Range Attack units. Couldn't find an enemy with Vanguard's Honor, so I'm assuming the rules function the same both ways.

Short answer: Vanguard's Honor takes priority over everything else and redirects all attacks, regardless of Flank/Range Attack, to the unit in the same spot as the original target. You want your Vanguard division to have the Nulls, because those skills are activated when an attack is about to execute and useless on divisions being covered.

So technically, We could have a super defensive division with Vanguard honor, all the nulls, lots of healing and such, and then 2 divisions behind it with all DPS?

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes