What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
I certainly want to make things more interesting and engaging and adding ways to trip up one's gameplay is definately a design intent. Hidden information, however, is a little harder to impliment and it's not necessarily in keeping with my goals. Right now, the negotiator can eat a huge amount of influence, which coupled with the fact you need it for things other than the lottery, means that mismanaging openness involves some very difficult choices.

That said, there's some things I want to do to make recruiting a little harder, especially with regards to having cheap girls with high openness/popularity. First things first though, I need to remake the backend.

It's just because they don't show in the recruitment window itself if you tab through normally, so I had to do -something-, as to signal that slot couldn't be selected.

It's a temporary bodge to temporary problem.
I did forget that it cost a lot of influence to use the negotiator after the first few times you use it. I'm pretty content with the game as it is honestly, but I'm not going to say no to new things. Keep up the great work. :)

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
First of all, thank you for your continued work on this game! Second is a question of compatibility, I am currently downloading your latest build but before I do any transfering of girlpacks, will TUSC recognize this game for finding the girlpacks because I just dont have the space to have two copies of all of them sitting on my hard drive?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Scramble.png

Here's my current prototype for ScrambleMode. Because girls who cost influence don't show, and the algorithm automatically gives Foreplay+ girls an influence cost, you actually won't know what you'll get and who is, and is not, in the lottery until the crime family is unlocked.

Reactions: phlore101

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
First of all, thank you for your continued work on this game! Second is a question of compatibility, I am currently downloading your latest build but before I do any transfering of girlpacks, will TUSC recognize this game for finding the girlpacks because I just dont have the space to have two copies of all of them sitting on my hard drive?
TUSC has a setting for changing the GirlPack directory, so you can direct it to the latest version of VC's directory. I am aware that having it locked to a specific place in VC is a pain in the tookus, and fixing that is on my to-do list.

Mostly because it's convenient for me not to keep moving the packs every new build.

Reactions: Larslars

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
View attachment 1737302

Here's my current prototype for ScrambleMode. Because girls who cost influence don't show, and the algorithm automatically gives Foreplay+ girls an influence cost, you actually won't know what you'll get and who is, and is not, in the lottery until the crime family is unlocked.
I'm a little confused as to what the screen is showing. Scrambled mode is just the game with the girls' stats randomised isn't it? Girls that require advanced stats etc won't show until later and lottery girls won't show either which is what we want. Why is Kylie not showing on the left there? In any case the screen looks nice. I'm using CaptC's randomiser which is awesome but I can't help but notice that ScrambleMode rounds to the 100's which satisfies my slight OCD.

Also, my mind is a bit scrambled right now. What does popularity do again? I tried looking in the girlpack and the changelogs but can't spot anything.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Just thought of another QOL improvement that I've actually been wanting for a while. Are we able have a toggle in the planning screen (or elsewhere) that limits the girls shown/available in the planning screen to those that are above a certain threshold? I mean you could do in for any stat but I would mainly want it for energy. That way when you pick random girls or your sluttiest (or whatever) girls it doesn't just pick girls that are tired. It always ends up I have some girls that won't last the day so I have to pull them out and look for another manually which kinda defeats the purpose of randomly choosing them.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Also, my mind is a bit scrambled right now. What does popularity do again? I tried looking in the girlpack and the changelogs but can't spot anything.
It boosts income for any act, as well as other benefits.

I'm a little confused as to what the screen is showing. Scrambled mode is just the game with the girls' stats randomised isn't it? Girls that require advanced stats etc won't show until later and lottery girls won't show either which is what we want. Why is Kylie not showing on the left there?
It's also out of order, which means that the means to scramble is in the code now. It seems like a minor thing but, it's not. The reason Kylie is still showing has to do with how the recruitment page works. Something I need to fix--amongst other things on the list of things I need to fix about it. But it's just to show that it's totally possible in engine.

Last edited:

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
It boosts income for any act, as well as other benefits.

It's also out of order, which means that the means to scramble is in the code now. It seems like a minor thing but, it's not. The reason Kylie is still showing has to do with how the recruitment page works. Something I need to fix--amongst other things on the list of things I need to fix about it. But it's just to show that it's totally possible in engine.
That's great. Honestly the randomisation of stats has made a bigger difference than I thought it would. I am enjoying the build up of my (different) girls from the beginning of the game.

Also, don't take my deluge of messages as a virtual cracking of the whip. From my point of view, take as much time as you need. Don't feel any time pressure from me. There's a tonne of other things I really should be doing. Somehow though, I always end up coming back to this game every now and then. It'll be even more now that you're actively working on it and there are more girlpacks being made due to TUSC as well.

Again, really appreciate all your hard work.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That's great. Honestly the randomisation of stats has made a bigger difference than I thought it would. I am enjoying the build up of my (different) girls from the beginning of the game.

Also, don't take my deluge of messages as a virtual cracking of the whip. From my point of view, take as much time as you need. Don't feel any time pressure from me. There's a tonne of other things I really should be doing. Somehow though, I always end up coming back to this game every now and then. It'll be even more now that you're actively working on it and there are more girlpacks being made due to TUSC as well.

Again, really appreciate all your hard work.
I don't feel pressured at all. Quite a few great ideas have come out in the past couple days, and I have quite a few interesting things I'd like to try (even if I haven't solved how to get them done yet).

Reactions: CaptC

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
I'm using CaptC's randomiser which is awesome but I can't help but notice that ScrambleMode rounds to the 100's which satisfies my slight OCD.
It was pretty easy to add a round up function to the moneyCost. It will round up to the nearest 100, now. In the VCRandomizer.py in my Mega.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
It was pretty easy to add a round up function to the moneyCost. It will round up to the nearest 100, now. In the VCRandomizer.py in my Mega.
Thanks for doing that. :)

I did quickly look up how to do it but I got lazy/sidetracked and didn't get back to looking at it.

All this excitement surrounding the game as made me want to maybe, just maybe make a girlpack. I think the biggest hurdle for me would be to upload it somewhere.

Reactions: CaptC

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
All this excitement surrounding the game as made me want to maybe, just maybe make a girlpack. I think the biggest hurdle for me would be to upload it somewhere.
Most people get started with a free Mega.nz account. I know I did.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Holy AmazeBalls, Batman! I generally ignore that 'See Staff' button, but it is now a 'must check daily'!
Yeeeep.

Take the listed cost with a grain of salt. In that build it'll charge double what it should, and you might see some underflow errors as a result. The current dev build has that fixed.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
The game has hung on me twice while going through the script to turn on criminal activity. Here's the screenshot of where the hang occurs. Let me know if I can get you more information -- but I was bad and haven't saved the game recently.

Image 1.jpg

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
The game has hung on me twice while going through the script to turn on criminal activity. Here's the screenshot of where the hang occurs. Let me know if I can get you more information -- but I was bad and haven't saved the game recently.

View attachment 1737716
That did happen to me as well but I loaded my latest save (I pretty much save after everything always :)) and made it past the second time. I think it may have been I was clicking too fast?? The second time I didn't spam my clicks and it didn't hang.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Can I ask what does your randomizer do exactly? I have an assumption and am excited to use it and also I guess I havent checked your mega in a while because you have many more girlpacks in there, thank you! I already enjoy most of your girlpacks already!

Jan 10, 2022
That did happen to me as well but I loaded my latest save (I pretty much save after everything always :)) and made it past the second time. I think it may have been I was clicking too fast?? The second time I didn't spam my clicks and it didn't hang.
Had the exact same thing, I guess the game doesn't like spammy clickers. :D

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Can I ask what does your randomizer do exactly? I have an assumption and am excited to use it and also I guess I havent checked your mega in a while because you have many more girlpacks in there, thank you! I already enjoy most of your girlpacks already!
TLDR version: The randomizer goes through all your installed girlpacks, checks for a variety of things, randomizes each girl's cost (in money, influence, reputation and connections), and then modifies her skills and popularity to somewhat match her new price.

Reactions: mgunner2010

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
I see you added Carrie Fisher in there, havent downloaded her yet but please tell me that you have the "slave girl" costume in there, lol! (I am such a perv, lol)

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes