What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Having fun playing this but have a question on how to trigger the camshows? I have bought the initial camshow and the second camshow upgrades but they dont seem to trigger. I also bought the most expensive costume to be worn, dont know if there is something there to help out camshows as the description says that it includes all the benefits of the other costumes but the ingame description once bought does not mention a bonus to camshow triggering. Any suggestions?
The All costume does affect camshows. The biggest key is buying all the show option improvements, because it checks for each individual skill. If a chance to trigger per girl was 1:30 with only one option, it's 6:30 with all 6. There's also an element of 'snowball' to it, where you start seeing it rarely, but then it's a list every single day. And there's just the fact that more girls = more chances to trigger.

I might increase the size of the notification on future builds, because it's small and some successes might not be going noticed.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
The All costume does affect camshows. The biggest key is buying all the show option improvements, because it checks for each individual skill. If a chance to trigger per girl was 1:30 with only one option, it's 6:30 with all 6. There's also an element of 'snowball' to it, where you start seeing it rarely, but then it's a list every single day. And there's just the fact that more girls = more chances to trigger.

I might increase the size of the notification on future builds, because it's small and some successes might not be going noticed.
Ok, thanks! Its just a new option that I am not used to from the prior game and wondered how it worked and some of the mechanics involved with it. Keep up the great work and cannot wait to try out your newest build! BTW, is the notice for this triggering on the day's end list (forget the actual name, lol) where you get the financial status update? I noticed a internet box on the bottom of it. I also like the idea of a trait possibly gotten when sent to classes, it gives even more of an incentive to send a girl to a class and is a good mechanic to have in the game, thanks!

Last edited:

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
If I do, it won't be using this current 'stat placeholder'. Ultimately everything is going to come down to how it interacts with the booths, either directly (you get more resources) or indirectly (her skills increase a bit faster) and I'm not sure a disadvantage plays too well into that loop.

I'm all for things the player has to play around, but I think it's better if a player's challenges come from the environment (the clients) rather than the roster. Openness, for example, and ability to do a job, is a pressure from the client so it doesn't 'feelsbad' if a girl isn't levelled to do a certain act. You have a problem, but you have a solution--either level her more or toss the negotiator at her.

But if a girl had the trait 'Will never Oral' just randomly, well, that's just not something you can easily just 'fix' in the same way. About the worst I think I'd be willing to let that go is already with the current 'Won't Do' system, which with key 'won't do's is already enough to make a girl difficult to use or underpowered.
I agree with Disgruntler in the fact that if I have certain girls who I use with desirable traits then randomly "cockblocking" (excuse my pun) that trait and making that girl irrevocably unusable in the game would not be beneficial as there is no mechanic within the game setup right now to compensate for a negative trait.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
If I do, it won't be using this current 'stat placeholder'. Ultimately everything is going to come down to how it interacts with the booths, either directly (you get more resources) or indirectly (her skills increase a bit faster) and I'm not sure a disadvantage plays too well into that loop.

I'm all for things the player has to play around, but I think it's better if a player's challenges come from the environment (the clients) rather than the roster. Openness, for example, and ability to do a job, is a pressure from the client so it doesn't 'feelsbad' if a girl isn't levelled to do a certain act. You have a problem, but you have a solution--either level her more or toss the negotiator at her.

But if a girl had the trait 'Will never Oral' just randomly, well, that's just not something you can easily just 'fix' in the same way. About the worst I think I'd be willing to let that go is already with the current 'Won't Do' system, which with key 'won't do's is already enough to make a girl difficult to use or underpowered.
I was thinking more along the lines of how she learns or how she uses resources etc rather than she'll never do X, as you said that's kinda covered by the won't do system and I don't think players would want to be blocked from watching certain videos during a playthrough.

You could have mixed traits like SOCIALITE where she earns more in front of special guests and less from regular joes. A girl who is a BOOKWORM would learn more in class or online than during a performance. Purely negative ones would just be like a LAZY girl who just uses more energy than other girls.

Reactions: mgunner2010

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
I was thinking more along the lines of how she learns or how she uses resources etc rather than she'll never do X, as you said that's kinda covered by the won't do system and I don't think players would want to be blocked from watching certain videos during a playthrough.

You could have mixed traits like SOCIALITE where she earns more in front of special guests and less from regular joes. A girl who is a BOOKWORM would learn more in class or online than during a performance. Purely negative ones would just be like a LAZY girl who just uses more energy than other girls.
Ok, I could see something like that. It would be somewhat negative but really not a game ender. That I could play with and around and could pose a challenge without becoming too frustrating to deal with.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Added a Trait system that can give a girl a randomized trait whenever she goes to classes. The intent with Scramble Mode is that girls start with one, but seeing as Scramble Mode is requiring more time in the oven before it's in a testable state, I moved Traits to Normal Mode.

There is not yet currently an entry in the JSON enabled to permit a girl to start with one.
I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to not have the girls start with one. In real life you aren't really going to know what someone is like until they actually work or go to class.

Edit: Of course down the track if packmakers want to say a certain girl is energetic or whatever based on their real life performances then that's different.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021

Mixed traits (an advantage with a disadvantage) is more in keeping with the sorts of mechanics i like--where you want to use them but there's a cost.

The school, for example, is a 'mixed' mechanic, in that there's a benefit, but it costs you a bit of that girl's performance in how it takes 20 energy per day.

And that said, those are great ideas for traits and not at all hard to impliment.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to not have the girls start with one. In real life you aren't really going to know what someone is like until they actually work or go to class.
I'm torn on my feelings on this. For myself I do agree with you, completely, for how I play and my intended design for Scramble Mode would have these traits hidden from the player until you hire. However, for Normal Mode, I actually think the ability to have a girl customized to your liking is a valuable tool for some players and something I eventually think they would like to have, or ignore setting up, as they see fit. (I for one can see the benefits of having a low-cost girl with Energetic or Dance Enthusiast just carrying your initial game)

The current implimentation, having it be learned, is a backbone for comprimise between the two needs. If it's set up that a girl can get it randomly, no one needs to go back and alter 100s of JSONs in order to be compliant or use the new mechanics (which is always a concern when adding new mechanics to girls in the game) but the flip side is I do, eventually, want to figure out how to get the option out there to those who want it.

One possible option is to have a favored trait that can be set in JSON that the girl will favor when schooling, but not have her start with it outright.

Edit: Of course down the track if packmakers want to say a certain girl is energetic or whatever based on their real life performances then that's different.
Pffff, like I'm going to let packmakers dictate the stats for anyone in my playthroughs!

Also, an unintended observation of this system: Girls with really high stats are really really expensive to train in school and thus won't benefit from a trait at all. So that's a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: phlore101

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Yeah, I think Normal mode does have to cater more to what the player wants. In Scramble mode players should expect a few surprises/difficulties along the way.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Mixed traits (an advantage with a disadvantage) is more in keeping with the sorts of mechanics i like--where you want to use them but there's a cost.

The school, for example, is a 'mixed' mechanic, in that there's a benefit, but it costs you a bit of that girl's performance in how it takes 20 energy per day.

And that said, those are great ideas for traits and not at all hard to impliment.

I'm torn on my feelings on this. For myself I do agree with you, completely, for how I play and my intended design for Scramble Mode would have these traits hidden from the player until you hire. However, for Normal Mode, I actually think the ability to have a girl customized to your liking is a valuable tool for some players and something I eventually think they would like to have, or ignore setting up, as they see fit.

The current implimentation, having it be learned, is a backbone for comprimise between the two needs. If it's set up that a girl can get it randomly, no one needs to go back and alter 100s of JSONs in order to be compliant or use the new mechanics (which is always a concern when adding new mechanics to girls in the game) but the flip side is I do, eventually, want to figure out how to get the option out there to those who want it.

One possible option is to have a favored trait that can be set in JSON that the girl will favor when schooling, but not have her start with it outright.

Pffff, like I'm going to let packmakers dictate the stats for anyone in my playthroughs!

Also, an unintended observation of this system: Girls with really high stats are really really expensive to train in school and thus won't benefit from a trait at all. So that's a thing.
You really seem to handle on your vision on where you want to this to go and I, for one, am excited to see where you are taking this and will enjoy the ride toward the end goal you may have mind, thank you for your work!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You really seem to handle on your vision on where you want to this to go and I, for one, am excited to see where you are taking this and will enjoy the ride toward the end goal you may have mind, thank you for your work!
Your feedback is invaluable in that end because many of these changes are as a result of things the community has mentioned the game wants. In the end it's your game, I'm just a fellow enjoyer, hoping you like what I add to it, and some things will work and others won't.

Larslars

Oct 18, 2017
I'm not sure what you're wanting it to look like yet, but what do you think about Scramble mode having a bunch of checkboxes at the start of the run that enables/disables all the different possible effects? Like someone could choose to have random starting traits on girls and random stats, but potentially disable random costs, stuff like that. And you could specify which ones you view as the designer intended choices.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I'm not sure what you're wanting it to look like yet, but what do you think about Scramble mode having a bunch of checkboxes at the start of the run that enables/disables all the different possible effects? Like someone could choose to have random starting traits on girls and random stats, but potentially disable random costs, stuff like that. And you could specify which ones you view as the designer intended choices.

I'm not saying no on this, but I am saying that I need to iron out the bugs with having any sort of Scramble Mode at all, before I can layer options within it. Without going into too much detail, the problem lies with how girls are stored in the system and setting up parallel lists, but also in how this gets stored in save files.

Kane2607

Sep 18, 2018
i might be missing something but i feel like the over achiever trait is not working right,they aren't doing what they should with their openness let alone 10 more

Reactions: Disgruntler

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
i might be missing something but i feel like the over achiever trait is not working right,they aren't doing what they should with their openness let alone 10 more
I'll have to look into that.

EDIT: Oof, yeah, found the problem. Put a + where I should have put a -. Fixed in next build.

Reactions: Kane2607

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
So I was doing a run through last night on the new build and during the the use of Foreplay I ran into the problem a few times with Annissa Kate where I would assign a girl to a booth and Kate would pop into it also, doubling up. Now there was no doubled up video of course but both girls would be occupying the same booth and A. Kate would then be "trapped" in the booth until the night either ended on its own or I ended the night manually. BTW, I could use that booth with other girls while she was trapped there but I could not use her anymore until the night ended. Also ran into a problem with a few girls not being able to perform acts that they had the openness for without paying the negotiator something, usually at least twice and then she would perform normally afterward.

Edit: I will have to look to see if the above post did not cause my problem with the girls and the negotiator problem, dont remember if they had the overachiever trait attached off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021
So I was doing a run through last night on the new build and during the the use of Foreplay I ran into the problem a few times with Annissa Kate where I would assign a girl to a booth and Kate would pop into it also, doubling up. Now there was no doubled up video of course but both girls would be occupying the same booth and A. Kate would then be "trapped" in the booth until the night either ended on its own or I ended the night manually. BTW, I could use that booth with other girls while she was trapped there but I could not use her anymore until the night ended. Also ran into a problem with a few girls not being able to perform acts that they had the openness for without paying the negotiator something, usually at least twice and then she would perform normally afterward.
I've seen that in my current game. She's behind the booth; if you click around enough you can select her. But then the next girl who frees up will go back there. Clicking a booth with a customer but no girl to highlight the skill makes it a bit easier to select and "rescue" her. Saving the game, exiting, then reloadding seems to help.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021

Edit: I will have to look to see if the above post did not cause my problem with the girls and the negotiator problem, dont remember if they had the overachiever trait attached off the top of my head.

Don't bother testing trait interaction. I've encountered it before traits were added. The booth game is one I've messed the least with, especially the behavior involving dragging. I honestly don't know what's going on there, but I'll keep an eye open if itkeeps going. And yeah, overachiever wasn't playing nice, already got fix in for that.

Last edited:

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
I've also run into the doubling up issue. Definitely nothing to do with traits as I ran into the problem before any of that was introduced. I have only encountered it once and I've been playing Happy Hour for a while. I did get some weird thing about having the same girl twice but I think that was because I accidentally hired the same girl twice. Other than those two things everything has been pretty smooth sailing. I'm at the end game so I've seen almost everything there is to see except some of the Nicole stuff.

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
I've hit a snag with the Influence purchases. I've bought all the auto stuff (We Bring ...) but it's still manual. The clicking on that stuff is my least favorite part of the game so those are always my first Influence buys. Do I need to upgrade to high-level dispensers to get it to work?

Other than that ... I love what you're doing with this. It's an entirely new dynamic to the game. Thanks for putting in the time!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I accidentally hired the same girl twice.
I think I know how this is possible.

Basically, by default, the recruitment system 'sees' all the girls that are registered in the system regardless of whether or not they're actually recruitable. It then has to use some logic whenever you hit any sort of button in it to determine if you should or should not see the next girl on the list. The paging system does not exactly play nicely with that, given that it's trying to deal with groups of 16 at a time.

Under rare circumstances, it would allow the hire button to look over a girl you shouldn't be able to hire, and the logic for showing you girls isn't present in the hire button.

With this said, in my current dev build I've changed how this works so that the recruitment system sets up its own list, only girls that can be recruited can be on the list, and once a girl is recruited, they're off that list. I've not encounted this bug again since then.

Reactions: ChubberLang
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes