What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
I don't think the slave girl outfit features prominently. There are some soft bdsm scenes where Darth Vader is having his way with her in the Death Star, though.

Reactions: mgunner2010

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Ok, two things then I will quit for a while. First for CaptC: will the randomizer script work for the VCHH? And second is for the Happy Hour dev, will the development of Happy Hour remain on this thread or are you considering making a new thread for this?

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The game has hung on me twice while going through the script to turn on criminal activity. Here's the screenshot of where the hang occurs. Let me know if I can get you more information -- but I was bad and haven't saved the game recently.

View attachment 1737716
For some reason, Venus Club--rarely--refuses to load in the dialog options for that specific line. I've encountered it twice in the old Venus Club and once in Happy Hour. I'm not sure what causes it or even where to start troubleshooting it, but I'm aware that it happens. At least you have your autosave.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Ok, two things then I will quit for a while. First for CaptC: will the randomizer script work for the VCHH? And second is for the Happy Hour dev, will the development of Happy Hour remain on this thread or are you considering making a new thread for this?
I haven't changed anything about the file format or how stats are loaded so it will work with VCHH. Further, CaptC is one of this community's more helpful and prolific creators and he's the last person I'd want to shit in the cornflakes of in terms of file formatting.

I might create a new thread but for now, with the small incremental changes I'm doing, I'm not yet convinced it's 'ready for prime time.'

Reactions: mgunner2010

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Unless and until one of the games diverges from the base Venus Club directory structure, my scripts should work across all games. The developers of Venus Club, Venus Happy Hour, and TUSC all seem to think the same way I do - I am a big believer in backwards compatibility. But I am not a slave to it. If a game DOES do something different for good reasons, I am quite likely to modify my scripts accordingly.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Unless and until one of the games diverges from the base Venus Club directory structure, my scripts should work across all games. The developers of Venus Club, Venus Happy Hour, and TUSC all seem to think the same way I do - I am a big believer in backwards compatibility. But I am not a slave to it. If a game DOES do something different for good reasons, I am quite likely to modify my scripts accordingly.
Any modifications I plan will be backwards compatible.

Is there a process via which you can just take over this thread?
I don't know!

litarrati

Aug 4, 2020
Disgruntler

I've been working on learning Unity so that I could come back to this game and improve it. I don't have a ton of time to spare but I would be willing to take care of builds for Linux, work on bug fixes and help out with new features.

I had some ideas for expanding the game but I am happy to take a support role and follow your creative lead. Let me know if you're interested. We could get a repo setup somewhere for collaboration.

I'm not judgy about code quality or anything.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler

I've been working on learning Unity so that I could come back to this game and improve it. I don't have a ton of time to spare but I would be willing to take care of builds for Linux, work on bug fixes and help out with new features.

I had some ideas for expanding the game but I am happy to take a support role and follow your creative lead. Let me know if you're interested. We could get a repo setup somewhere for collaboration.

I'm not judgy about code quality or anything.
Nice. Once I get settled on the final v8.h series of builds I can get you the source code.
----

I'm almost done the Scramble Mode mechanics, just need to do a test-playthough with them when I get some time and ship it.

energetic.png

It seems some girls get tired less easily than others now? Hrrrrmmm...

Reactions: phlore101

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
So a bit of transparency, Scramble Mode is causing some save file issue problems I haven't sorted out a solution for yet. This will take me a lot of time and patience to sort out--possibly starting from scratch and figuring out a different solution.

That said, the school system needs to be fixed, and I want to get the other mechanic that came with the Scramble Mode patch online for you to play with. So I'll get a quick build going and on the cloud ASAP and backburner Scramble Mode for v9.H.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
For this incoming build:

Fixed issues with tuition deducting improperly.

Added stopgaps to prevent further underflows on girl's cash.

Added a Trait system that can give a girl a randomized trait whenever she goes to classes. The intent with Scramble Mode is that girls start with one, but seeing as Scramble Mode is requiring more time in the oven before it's in a testable state, I moved Traits to Normal Mode.

There is not yet currently an entry in the JSON enabled to permit a girl to start with one.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Always liked the trait system in Brothel King amongst other games. Are you looking to add some negative traits at all?
If I do, it won't be using this current 'stat placeholder'. Ultimately everything is going to come down to how it interacts with the booths, either directly (you get more resources) or indirectly (her skills increase a bit faster) and I'm not sure a disadvantage plays too well into that loop.

I'm all for things the player has to play around, but I think it's better if a player's challenges come from the environment (the clients) rather than the roster. Openness, for example, and ability to do a job, is a pressure from the client so it doesn't 'feelsbad' if a girl isn't levelled to do a certain act. You have a problem, but you have a solution--either level her more or toss the negotiator at her.

But if a girl had the trait 'Will never Oral' just randomly, well, that's just not something you can easily just 'fix' in the same way. About the worst I think I'd be willing to let that go is already with the current 'Won't Do' system, which with key 'won't do's is already enough to make a girl difficult to use or underpowered.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Having fun playing this but have a question on how to trigger the camshows? I have bought the initial camshow and the second camshow upgrades but they dont seem to trigger. I also bought the most expensive costume to be worn, dont know if there is something there to help out camshows as the description says that it includes all the benefits of the other costumes but the ingame description once bought does not mention a bonus to camshow triggering. Any suggestions?

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes