What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I've bought all the auto stuff (We Bring ...) but it's still manual.
You still need to activate it in the subscribe list. I haven't touched those or the code for them at all.
(EDIT: I'm having these subscribed by default in the new build)

As a heads up, I'm tearing out and rebuilding the duo-event code from scratch so duo events are NOT active in the upcoming build, which is mostly a bit of QoL and bug fix.

Last edited:

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
I think I know how this is possible.

Basically, by default, the recruitment system 'sees' all the girls that are registered in the system regardless of whether or not they're actually recruitable. It then has to use some logic whenever you hit any sort of button in it to determine if you should or should not see the next girl on the list. The paging system does not exactly play nicely with that, given that it's trying to deal with groups of 16 at a time.

Under rare circumstances, it would allow the hire button to look over a girl you shouldn't be able to hire, and the logic for showing you girls isn't present in the hire button.

With this said, in my current dev build I've changed how this works so that the recruitment system sets up its own list, only girls that can be recruited can be on the list, and once a girl is recruited, they're off that list. I've not encounted this bug again since then.
It could just have been me accidentally buying the same girl twice as I may have just loaded a save and bought the girl again forgetting I did earlier. I just tried it and the game does let me hire the same girl more than once.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021

Not a big change.

Bug fixes for the page menu in the recruitment page.
A catch for underflow errors with girls' personal cash.
Overachivers should be working correctly
Duo-girl-events are purposefully broken but you won't notice because who only uses Madison Ivy amirite?
There are now sort options in the recruitment page, including sort by cost.

YaBoiDeath

Sep 20, 2021
v8.1.h.4 is live.

Not a big change.

Duo-girl-events are purposefully broken but you won't notice because who only uses Madison Ivy amirite?
Hey, do you know how to fix the audio bug I'm having? For some reason I can't hear anything (including videos) whenever I'm anywhere that's away from the main menu. Any tips?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hey, do you know how to fix the audio bug I'm having? For some reason I can't hear anything (including videos) whenever I'm anywhere that's away from the main menu. Any tips?
I'm assuming you haven't moved over any custom music. Create a folder in called 'Musics' in the same folder that VC is in. Then go in there, make a folder called Work and another called Club.

Don't need to put anything it there, just do that and it should fix it. It's a carry over issue from the original I haven't had a chance to get around fixing yet, and I forgot to include those dummy folders in the build.

Jan 10, 2022
Disgruntler

Thank you for fixing the framerate issues! It's fine now.

A bit more feedback, things that I found.

Girls won from the Lottery start their 1st workday at 100 Energy instead of the value with bonus from Cook Upgrades.
Girls can reach negative Energy values. I'm guessing it might be because going to school and working full time is a bit much for them.

A suggestion 1: Is there a posibility to add girls bonus skill (Overarchiever etc.) to the Booth Minigame screen? Or is the absence of that stat intended. I know it's nice to have to memorize things so the game doesn't get too unchallenging but with more and more girls it becomes up to impossible. Either way i can live without it but it would be nice.

Suggestion 2: I don't know if the way the Bios of the girls are handled is WIP or not, but the longer ones get ridiculously small. Is there a way to have the font size stay always the same but to make the textbox scrollable? That would be cool

And: your signature links to version 3.7 but 4.7 seems to be the newest according to your post above.

So all in all minor things and nothing gamebreaking. Thanks for all your work. :)

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Suggestion 2: I don't know if the way the Bios of the girls are handled is WIP or not, but the longer ones get ridiculously small. Is there a way to have the font size stay always the same but to make the textbox scrollable? That would be cool
I kind of like it the way it is now. But then again, I always modify the bio.txt file to keep them short and snappy.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler

Thank you for fixing the framerate issues! It's fine now.
Yusss! Thank you for pointing it out!

A bit more feedback, things that I found.

Girls won from the Lottery start their 1st workday at 100 Energy instead of the value with bonus from Cook Upgrades.
I can fix that, this is definately something I overlooked.

Girls can reach negative Energy values. I'm guessing it might be because going to school and working full time is a bit much for them.
This is intentional, as to avoid getting 'free school days' if you send them the day they work. It's the only way in the game to hit negative energy.

A suggestion 1: Is there a posibility to add girls bonus skill (Overarchiever etc.) to the Booth Minigame screen? Or is the absence of that stat intended. I know it's nice to have to memorize things so the game doesn't get too unchallenging but with more and more girls it becomes up to impossible. Either way i can live without it but it would be nice.
It would be nice. I wanted to get the system up and running first, then QoL things like this. It's on my to-do-list.

The bio is something that's taking up real estate and mindspace that I'd like to devote to other systems, unfortunately. I'm not promising I won't--the sort in the buy menu was something I backburnered until I figured out a solution which is now enabling some new content I'm working on

And: your signature links to version 3.7 but 4.7 seems to be the newest according to your post above.
Fixed it. The .7z is the file format, I'm using .7z to compress it.

So all in all minor things and nothing gamebreaking. Thanks for all your work. :)
Thanks for being the test guineapig!

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
Thanks for all the work continuing the game!

I'm noticing the background music stops as soon as I leave the title screen with the recent patch. Starting a new game or going to the "load game" screen kills the music entirely. Sound from the girls' videos is intact. Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thanks for all the work continuing the game!

I'm noticing the background music stops as soon as I leave the title screen with the recent patch. Starting a new game or going to the "load game" screen kills the music entirely. Sound from the girls' videos is intact. Am I just missing a setting somewhere?
Issue that was from the original. The fix: Create a Musics folder in the same directory, and in that, create a Work folder and a club Folder. That was just me forgetting to toss the blank folders in there.

Also, if you convert some mp3s into .ogg, you can toss them into those folders and have your own music. I happen to do so, so this was just a result of me moving my oggs from the test build to the real build on my end.

EDIT: I have solved the problem on the code end. The way it works on your end is that it first puts the name of the music directory in the musicfilelist as a temporary placeholder and then it uses that, takes any files in the music directory, and sticks them in there. Then later, it checks to see if this is blank. If it is (meaning the directory is there but no files) it goes on with the default music, otherwise, it uses that as a music list.

However, what happens if you don't have the directory at all is it still sets the directory name as the list, and goes 'I can't find a directory to find files in uhhh uhhh i don't know what to do' and panics and just moves on. Which means that the music list isn't blank, but still has no music.

The fix to this is to put in a thing where if it doesn't work, the game just goes 'well, something didn't work, let's just make this blank' and now we should never see this issue again if I neglect the blank folders.

Last edited:

4bjvc

Feb 22, 2019
Hi just like to say that I really enjoy the QoL change in the HH version.

Just a question, seems the change of portrait picture feature (portrait25, 50 etc) is not working after save then load again, is that to be expected?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hi just like to say that I really enjoy the QoL change in the HH version.

Just a question, seems the change of portrait picture feature (portrait25, 50 etc) is not working after save then load again, is that to be expected?
Just to clarify, this isn't a new feature. It was there before I came along. I'm just the poor guy who found it in the source code.

That said, game's haunted. You're encountering a very similar behavior that I find when I try to get Scramble Mode working. The only thing keeping Scramble Mode from going live is the fact that saves and loads--specifically portraits--just fall apart---and if you have a booth game based around dragging portraits, this is very bad. I've tried a couple different implementations and neither have worked, just because of the portrait system not quiiiiiiiite playing well with the saving and loading.

I have a good guess as to what's going on but... I haven't found/noticed the code that proves it yet. And time spent fighting with it is time not spent working on other things.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
I have noticed that lessons are very temperamental. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If they don't work it just means I get the default one with the 4 dummy answers. Anyone else experiencing this?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I have noticed that lessons are very temperamental. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If they don't work it just means I get the default one with the 4 dummy answers. Anyone else experiencing this?

It means that that girlpack has, in its lessons folder, the 'example lessons' and that the girlpack creator hasn't taken them out.

To fix that, go into that girl's girlpack, and remove the lessons.

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
It means that that girlpack has, in its lessons folder, the 'example lessons' and that the girlpack creator hasn't taken them out.

To fix that, go into that girl's girlpack, and remove the lessons.
It's not going to be a problem if a girl doesn't have anything in the lesson directory at all right? Seems like a pain to go through each directory to find them. I just want to search for example.json and delete them all in one go.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
It's not going to be a problem if a girl doesn't have anything in the lesson directory at all right? Seems like a pain to go through each directory to find them. I just want to search for example.json and delete them all in one go.
Naw, if there's no directory, it goes to the default safely. It's not like the music alg.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
So I was doing a run through last night on the new build and during the the use of Foreplay I ran into the problem a few times with Annissa Kate
I'm running into this with Tasha Reign right now, and I'm testing something. Will get back to ya'll.

scutterhutdev

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2020
Im running into a weird issue. Girlpacks loading fine, videos playback is flawless. Portrait images not loading at all. On VC HH V3 and V4, windows 10. anyone seeing the same issue? or know a fix?

EDIT: Fixed with a computer restart!

Last edited:

jessiLESBIAN

Oct 8, 2018
v8.1.h.4 is live.

Not a big change.

thanks

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
good work withhappy hour mod but

There is still a lack of a mechanic for training/interacting with the girls like in UTSC, I don't mean opening the gallery and seeing the scenes, but rather the context of making, for example, the girl dance for you or have sex with her or if I'm explaining myself

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes