What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

DOaccolon

Oct 26, 2020
Thanks for all the work continuing the game with QoL-features!

But I dont know how to raise points of the connection mechanic in the game. It stays at 0 points.
And some improvements require 1 to 4 connection points. Am I missing something?

Thx for help.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thanks for all the work continuing the game with QoL-features!

But I dont know how to raise points of the connection mechanic in the game. It stays at 0 points.
And some improvements require 1 to 4 connection points. Am I missing something?

Thx for help.

You need to make sure you do your office missions. First you need 3 girls, then 4 dispensery services, then a minimum amount of openness, a minimum amount of rep, and once you've done those four you'll have 5 influence and have unlocked the Gespote Crime Family. Go into the Gespote menu towards the top of the screen, and buy Patronage. If you're at the point where you're getting connection upgrades, you should be able to do this easily.

You'll have a mission to buy something from them at this point, so might as well turn that in for your first Connection, but you'll see politicians coming to your club all the time after this. As well, the crime options are essentials for getting a good resource flow for money and influence as well.

good work withhappy hour mod but

There is still a lack of a mechanic for training/interacting with the girls like in TISC, I don't mean opening the gallery and seeing the scenes, but rather the context of making, for example, the girl dance for you or have sex with her or if I'm explaining myself
There is, but you need someone to make a girlpack with a training montage that includes that. Nor is it a direction I'm planning to take it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DOaccolon

Arfido

Sep 29, 2019
i cant seem to get the different portraits going. i only have the original even tho some of the models have more than 25 openness. does anyone know why?

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
i cant seem to get the different portraits going. i only have the original even tho some of the models have more than 25 openness. does anyone know why?
Disgruntler addressed this earlier. It's a WIP, I think.

That said, game's haunted. You're encountering a very similar behavior that I find when I try to get Scramble Mode working. The only thing keeping Scramble Mode from going live is the fact that saves and loads--specifically portraits--just fall apart---and if you have a booth game based around dragging portraits, this is very bad. I've tried a couple different implementations and neither have worked, just because of the portrait system not quiiiiiiiite playing well with the saving and loading.

I have a good guess as to what's going on but... I haven't found/noticed the code that proves it yet. And time spent fighting with it is time not spent working on other things.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Arfido

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I'm assuming this is after a reload of a save?

The changing portrait works better after I changed the logic but the game doesn't save portrait data so when it reloads, it has to rebuild it again and I think the code to rebuild a loaded file's girls is missing things that the original code to build for a girl's portrait data has. I'm not sure though because technically that's what the loading girlpacks thing is supposed to do. But there's reasons why it doesn't.

Game's haunted.

Less WIP, and more 'holy crap every time I mess with this bad things happen'

Arfido

Sep 29, 2019
I'm assuming this is after a reload of a save?
First of all, thanks for the response! And yes it was after reloading a game. Secondly you're doing some awesome work with the game so don't worry about it. I'm looking forward to more updates!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
First of all, thanks for the response! And yes it was after reloading a game. Secondly you're doing some awesome work with the game so don't worry about it. I'm looking forward to more updates!
Yeah, things are slowing down a bit because of irl stuff but I'll be wrasslin with it soon enough.

pronzcowboy

Aug 9, 2017
If I can make a suggestion for a feature for your mod, the ability to make 'groups' of performers that one could choose from randomly or just filter to would be great. Teens, asian, milf... etc.

Mar 22, 2021
If I can make a suggestion for a feature for your mod, the ability to make 'groups' of performers that one could choose from randomly or just filter to would be great. Teens, asian, milf... etc.
Expanding on this idea a bit... No idea how hard this would be to implement, but being able to do theme nights might be fun. Maybe with an up-front cost, but also a payoff in the form of higher revenue, assuming you have enough well-rested girls. It would be one way to make use of the attributes in the packs.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
This would require me to ask girlpack creatures to go back, and edit every single one of their packs so that they'd be compatible with this system. Any change I make has to be set with backwards compatibility in mind, so if I add a piece of information to a girl, the system has to have a backup plan if that information is absent.

I do not see a way to do that for this specific request.

That said, I am currently working on a new system that does respond to the attributes on the packs. It appears there were some plans to tie in client preferences in the booth game to income. I'd thought about the challenges needed to impliment this but at the end of the day, I didn't feel it was a positive idea to add to the booth game.

I've found another place to use it, and once things get settled down, I'll be back hard at work on it.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
This would require me to ask girlpack creatures to go back, and edit every single one of their packs so that they'd be compatible with this system. Any change I make has to be set with backwards compatibility in mind, so if I add a piece of information to a girl, the system has to have a backup plan if that information is absent.

I do not see a way to do that for this specific request.

That said, I am currently working on a new system that does respond to the attributes on the packs. It appears there were some plans to tie in client preferences in the booth game to income. I'd thought about the challenges needed to impliment this but at the end of the day, I didn't feel it was a positive idea to add to the booth game.

I've found another place to use it, and once things get settled down, I'll be back hard at work on it.
I can't say for certainty, but I wonder if the Lst_Venusclub JSON editor could be adapted so that people could do that themselves if they were so inclined. It lets you easily change what's listed as the girls' height, bust size, eye color, hair color, skin color, body type and age. If the player uses it to fill those categories in, then the game could sort them perhaps?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I can't say for certainty, but I wonder if the Lst_Venusclub JSON editor could be adapted so that people could do that themselves if they were so inclined. It lets you easily change what's listed as the girls' height, bust size, eye color, hair color, skin color, body type and age. If the player uses it to fill those categories in, then the game could sort them perhaps?
I can tell you for a fact it can use those as fields for a sort, as a filter, as eligibility, etc. The issue comes down with how I would assign categories based on what's there, and the effects it would have on the booth game.

As it stands, you're already planning your day based on energy levels, openness, what specialized booths you have access to, and now, traits. I'm not entirely sure there's cognitive space for adding another layer on top of that, and I'm not entirely sure that adding in something like 'Oh, great, now I need to grab a bunch of teens' or whatever is really adding in a sort of depth that is rewarding.

In the booth game, I'm also convinced that adding another decision to where to send girls beyond what's there might be adding cognitive load without cognitive reward.

A third concern is that I don't want to punish players for having preferences. If a player happens to just want to fuck about with MILFs in booths, cause that's their jam, then it'd feel like a mechanic that punished them for having a preference. I feel that's against the spirit of customizability the game is built around.

However, I also don't like traits to go unused. Right now, those traits are fluff, as is the 'specialty' trait, and I have ideas in mind to change that. But I think the answer here is not to add onto the booth or planning layers. There's other avenues to explore and I'm confident that exploring them will pay off in the long term.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I can tell you for a fact it can use those as fields for a sort, as a filter, as eligibility, etc. The issue comes down with how I would assign categories based on what's there, and the effects it would have on the booth game.

As it stands, you're already planning your day based on energy levels, openness, what specialized booths you have access to, and now, traits. I'm not entirely sure there's cognitive space for adding another layer on top of that, and I'm not entirely sure that adding in something like 'Oh, great, now I need to grab a bunch of teens' or whatever is really adding in a sort of depth that is rewarding.

In the booth game, I'm also convinced that adding another decision to where to send girls beyond what's there might be adding cognitive load without cognitive reward.

A third concern is that I don't want to punish players for having preferences. If a player happens to just want to fuck about with MILFs in booths, cause that's their jam, then it'd feel like a mechanic that punished them for having a preference. I feel that's against the spirit of customizability the game is built around.

However, I also don't like traits to go unused. Right now, those traits are fluff, as is the 'specialty' trait, and I have ideas in mind to change that. But I think the answer here is not to add onto the booth or planning layers. There's other avenues to explore and I'm confident that exploring them will pay off in the long term.
Makes sense to me. I only hire a fairly small number of girls at any given time anyways, so its not something that I'd use.

Larslars

Oct 18, 2017
I had an idea for some probably-super-annoying-to-implement traits: traits that give a mild benefits to everyone working with them in a night. So for example, there could be some that reduce energy loss for everyone, improve skill/popularity gain, or some could draw in more mafia or connections. I especially like the idea of stacking bonuses which could make getting specific traits for everyone a more rewarding late game resource sink.

But for some more reasonable suggestions, I think Reputation needs some love. I think there's some design space for it being the de facto resource for brief, but powerful benefits. Like being able to spend 20+ reputation for 1-night bonuses like forcing every customer the next night to be a mafia or connection, giving girls a temporary "all stats up" (reduced energy use, better skill, money, and influence gains, etc.), and reducing the cost and scaling of the negotiator. And with those you could justify adding some max reputation upgrades, but being over 100 rep wouldn't necessarily have to improve the quality of customers.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I have resolved the save issue that has been bothering me trying to get v9.0.h to function, and so I am pleased to say that I am ironing out the kinks on this new feature and I will soon have more information on what it does and its intended purpose.

It's a Rep dump.

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
Who are the Brokers? And what will they do to help the Venus's Club?
It's where you send the girls to be broken? Just kidding. But I did ask Tobe once about adding some sort of BDSM option to send a girl to if they "act up" with a smart mouth... ala Bada Bing club from the Sapranos. Something Silvio would have taken care of in the back room. Maybe a JSON flag set to true for BDSM, and videos exist in the folder. A button pops up in the booth for some "corrective action" cause the girl is bad mouthing the client. Maybe a perk you buy in the Mafia store.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
It's where you send the girls to be broken? Just kidding. But I did ask Tobe once about adding some sort of BDSM option to send a girl to if they "act up" with a smart mouth... ala Bada Bing club from the Sapranos. Something Silvio would have taken care of in the back room. Maybe a JSON flag set to true for BDSM, and videos exist in the folder. A button pops up in the booth for some "corrective action" cause the girl is bad mouthing the client. Maybe a perk you buy in the Mafia store.
:unsure:

Excellent news on v9.

I've finally got the underlying systems all working and humming nicely. Just going to do a playthrough soon of the new stuff, and check game balance and functionality over time.

I tried to find a work around for the issue where girl portraits would get trapped under the booths when specific girls with specific videos are played. Unfortunately this work around breaks the functionality of the booth game and therefore I cannot action it. All I can advise at this time is that girlpacks that have this issue get reported to their creator because cause is the codec used to encode the video not playing well with Unity's codecs. I do not have a solution for this.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes