What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler
I appreciate the effort you're putting into the modded version with all the new features, nerfs and qol changes!

But you might want to add some sort of frame-limiter. I get excessive coil whine (I've never heard my GPU like this before!) when starting the Happy Hour version due to the GPU rendering 1800-2400 frames per second. When I start tobes version it only renders 100-140 frames per second.
I messured the values with Geforce Experience so the values should be trustworthy.
Sadly this makes Happy Hour unplayable for me right now. I don't know if theres a way for me to set a FPS cap myself.
Wow. Yeah, I'll look into doing that. That's.... wow.

Yeah. Thanks for the heads up.

This is the sort of thing I don't really notice so having others find this is very useful. Appreciated!

I'll make this a priority as soon as I have the free time to crack it open.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021
I agree with the others who say great job so far. I like how you've given some ways to spend the influence, connection, and reputation points. I had to change my formula for playing and maybe the mid game was a bit harder but it's also possible every game is a little different and thats not necessarily a bad thing. There probably should be a degree of randomness to it. Looking forward to what else you have planned. I have some ideas but you seem to have a lot of your own.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler
I appreciate the effort you're putting into the modded version with all the new features, nerfs and qol changes!

But you might want to add some sort of frame-limiter. I get excessive coil whine (I've never heard my GPU like this before!) when starting the Happy Hour version due to the GPU rendering 1800-2400 frames per second. When I start tobes version it only renders 100-140 frames per second.
I messured the values with Geforce Experience so the values should be trustworthy.
Sadly this makes Happy Hour unplayable for me right now. I don't know if theres a way for me to set a FPS cap myself.
Figured out what the problem is. Unity apps by default, if no VSync is set and no target frame rate is set, will automatically aim for the absolute highest possible frame rate your equipment says it can handle. I've put in something to hopefully fix that. I'm not content with the state I currently have Nicole in and certain other things but frankly, getting you (and others) a fix is top priority. I'll get you a fix shortly.

There probably should be a degree of randomness to it. Looking forward to what else you have planned. I have some ideas but you seem to have a lot of your own.
I'm literally learning C# and unity as I go here, so it's a bit touch and go with what I am capable of doing. I don't want to get too ambitious with major additions before I've locked down the things that can be fixed within the framework of what already exists.

Currently, I'm reworking some of the UI elements and doing a rework of Nicole. The costs in date points as is get too out of hand for little gain, I have a different philosophy for where she fits in the game for new players but I also want her to be safely ignored for us vets as well. Dates and such are staying in, not touching the costumes, but she really needed to go past foreplay and she REALLY needed finishers, and because she can't be trained, she lags a bit in Openness. The new plan is to have the start of a tier of act be more expensive than the subacts, but buying the first tier gives her Openness and skill in that, with subtiers giving her more skill, as well as popularity. This basically makes her a good crutch character for players who are new and don't have a lot of packs instead. As she is in Vanilla, she's kinda not worth taking, and there have been complaints about that. No, I won't be continuing story like that.

I'm currently running through my head a system that works with an existing, hidden mechanic. I'm also not happy with Popularity as a stat--it's too good for how wide it reaches, and I might want to pare it down one way or another. Not a raw nerf, but by adding a gameplay layer to it. I'll go into this more once I actually start coding work on it.

I'm not happy with how duo-events are implemented and I'd like for some way for this to work with ALL girls, not just the main six. The core issue with this isn't with girlpack structure, it's easy to make a new girl pack that has an additional folder that continues new video types for duo-events, in the same way TUSC has added hierarchy for gloryhole, massages, etc. The issue is that you pack creators put a FUCK ton of work in and I don't want to shit in your cheerios by implimenting a solution that would require back-updating hundreds of packs. I have some ideas here though, but this is a long-term problem to solve.

Mar 22, 2021
I'm literally learning C# and unity as I go here, so it's a bit touch and go with what I am capable of doing. I don't want to get too ambitious with major additions before I've locked down the things that can be fixed within the framework of what already exists.
Nothing like learning a new language on public display. I'm impressed with what you've been able to add so far. The cam feature, for example.

Currently, I'm reworking some of the UI elements and doing a rework of Nicole. The costs in date points as is get too out of hand for little gain, I have a different philosophy for where she fits in the game for new players but I also want her to be safely ignored for us vets as well.
I like your thought process on that.

I'm not happy with how duo-events are implemented and I'd like for some way for this to work with ALL girls, not just the main six. The core issue with this isn't with girlpack structure, it's easy to make a new girl pack that has an additional folder that continues new video types for duo-events, in the same way TUSC has added hierarchy for gloryhole, massages, etc. The issue is that you pack creators put a FUCK ton of work in and I don't want to shit in your cheerios by implimenting a solution that would require back-updating hundreds of packs. I have some ideas here though, but this is a long-term problem to solve.
Interesting challenge. I agree there is room for improvement here, this seems like an unfinished idea. Agree it's a long-term thing.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
Maybe sailer is able to help in that regard? His tool already changes the old folder names (missionary/doggy) to the v8 (sexBV/sexFV) folders. Maybe able to come up with something the tool could be used for? It sure as hell saved me a crap ton of time with the older packs. lol
For who don't know what "tool" I'm referring to: https://f95zone.to/threads/venuss-club-software-for-edit-and-listing-girlpack-v1-0-95.66512/

Reactions: jggold

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Maybe sailer is able to help in that regard? His tool already changes the old folder names (missionary/doggy) to the v8 (sexBV/sexFV) folders. Maybe able to come up with something the tool could be used for? It sure as hell saved me a crap ton of time with the older packs. lol
For who don't know what "tool" I'm referring to: https://f95zone.to/threads/venuss-club-software-for-edit-and-listing-girlpack-v1-0-95.66512/
So, to explain. Currently, each Duo-event is hard-coded into the game and all the duos are thrown into one folder. They have a chance to trigger, and each specific duo will only do the same skill every time.

This is not scalable.

Duo-packs present a unique challenge though in that they require two girls, so how do you include them in a girlpack? (I think I have a solution to this though) And retrograding, redownloading, etc, is a hassle for all concerned.

Reactions: atmosphere1980

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
New release is incoming.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once I have it on the cloud I'll probably spend some time to just play Happy Hour and geta real feel forthe new environment.

Then I'll be making a decision on what my next project will be towards v9.0.h.

Last edited:

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
So, to explain. Currently, each Duo-event is hard-coded into the game and all the duos are thrown into one folder. They have a chance to trigger, and each specific duo will only do the same skill every time.
I haven't come across a duo event yet. Is this a lesbian scene? I would not mind a random reward scene for one of the girls based on some value. Put her on her back and dine at the "Y" if you know what I mean. Raise her "happiness" ;) attribute.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I haven't come across a duo event yet.
SyntaxEditor Code Snippet public static string[] DUO_GIRL_EVENTS_DIRECTORIES_NAMES = new string[5]
{
"Asa Akira_Madison Ivy/", //foreplay
"Aletta Ocean_Madison Ivy/", //foreplay
"Madison Ivy_Rachel Starr/", //foreplay+group
"Bonnie Rotten_Kira Noir/", //group
"Abigail Mac_Kimmy Granger/ //group

You have to be using these pairs, and they have to both have enough openness to do the act depicted in the event.

It's too hard coded to use the existing system, I'll probably have to trash it and start anew with it.

Jan 10, 2022
Disgruntler

Thanks for the quick response and update. :)
The frames are still uncapped in the ''made with unity'' and ''WARNING'' screens.
But after that, when the girlpacks are loaded, it's fixed.
Not to be picky but I just wanted to let you know.

The UI changes are nice, especially the new recruiting screen makes it way more convenient when having a few dozen girlpacks.
I'm thrilled to see where you'll take this game, your ideas seem promising. (y)

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler

Thanks for the quick response and update. :)
The frames are still uncapped in the ''made with unity'' and ''WARNING'' screens.
But after that, when the girlpacks are loaded, it's fixed.
Not to be picky but I just wanted to let you know.

The UI changes are nice, especially the new recruiting screen makes it way more convenient when having a few dozen girlpacks.
I'm thrilled to see where you'll take this game, your ideas seem promising. (y)
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Unfortunately, messing with the 'made with unity' code might be outside my paygrade, seeing as I don't think there's a script for that in the source, and that's something unity tacks on itself. The Warning screen... I think I can do that. I'll do my best to try to figure a more permanent solution for you.

But it does seem that the fix itself was the right thing to do. Excellent. This makes it a lot easier.

EDIT: I've identified what seems to be the very first bit of code that runs, and according to Unity, this is called while the splash screen is ran. I cannot do or change anything to the splash screen, but I can to the very first bit of code, and this SHOULD mostly fix the issue for you for the next release.

Currently: Working on more player-facing transparency on when girls get skill-ups from the internet:

internetreport.png

EDIT2: Worked out why the see improvements button wasn't working. Turns out I forgot to include the behavior in the actual build compile. I thought the selection was for something else Tobe had been working on and had scrapped/was incomplete/dummied out but turns out... it was actually that. I have already fixed it on my end, so next build will have it.

EDIT3: I have now added the page menu onto the staff page as well, and have shuffled things around on both recruitment and on the staff pages. The recruitment page won't have energy as a listed stat, because it's always the same for non-recruited girls. The bio is still on the staff page, so it's not deprecated, it's just not in recruitment, where I needed the room for other, more important things. Also, you can see how much money the girl's got in her pocket now. If only she had some way to spend it....

Last edited:

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
If you are changing the daily report, I just gotta say, that report bugs the hell out of me. Buying club improvements and adding new girls are one time costs, not overhead.

I want to see what my run rate is, as well as my one time expenditures. I also wanna see how much each girl makes.

Code:
Starting cash: $xxx

Today's profits: $aaa - $bbb
    Sales: $aaa
        Girl1: $nnn
        Girl2: $nnn
        up to Girl8: $nnn
        (totals of girl sales should add up to $aaa)
    Overhead cost: $bbb

Permanent improvements: $ccc + $ddd
    New girls: $ccc
    Club improvements: $ddd

Current cash on hand: $xxx + $aaa - $bbb - $ccc - $ddd
Not really a biggie, but the accountants at my old job would cry if they saw this game... maybe for more than one reason. :)

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
If you are changing the daily report, I just gotta say, that report bugs the hell out of me. Buying club improvements and adding new girls are one time costs, not overhead.
Noted. Let me stick a pin on this because I do like the cut of your jib here, I just need to let you know that there's stuff under the hood that makes this a bit more work than it'd seem. So if I do this it'll be for a v9 release, not in these small v8 releases.

But I do agree with you.

I want to see what my run rate is, as well as my one time expenditures. I also wanna see how much each girl makes.
The amount you make in a given night you mean? If so, that's an easy one.

Per girl? A bit harder, but not impossible. Consider this in consideration.

Code:
Starting cash: $xxx

Today's profits: $aaa - $bbb
    Sales: $aaa
        Girl1: $nnn
        Girl2: $nnn
        up to Girl8: $nnn
        (totals of girl sales should add up to $aaa)
    Overhead cost: $bbb

Permanent improvements: $ccc + $ddd
    New girls: $ccc
    Club improvements: $ddd

Current cash on hand: $xxx + $aaa - $bbb - $ccc - $ddd
Not really a biggie, but the accountants at my old job would cry if they saw this game... maybe for more than one reason. :)
I like it, but this will require a lot of overhaul. So I cannot set any expectation that it'll be soon.

Reactions: CaptC

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
I like the new release a lot. Just some random thoughts as I am starting a new game:

1) I like the new hire screen. But I am dying for sort functions and/or a search.

2) When initially starting the game, you need to buy your first few free upgrades. Can I suggest that the first upgrade, currently called "Stage", be put as the first thing in the upgrade list? Newbies will be less confused, I think, if they can immediately see they should click on something, rather than having to scroll to find it.

3) If you roll through the in-game tutorial, it references some old VC stuff. There are a few misspellings as well.

4) On the performance screen, when you select a girl, there is a line: "She won't do:" followed by a list of verboten actions. What are the chances it could say "Girl Name won't do:" instead? (In the example below, that would be "Alexia Anders won't do:") That shouldn't take up any screen real estate, while letting us textual learners remember which girl is which. I wish the small portraits were enough for me to figure that out, but... they sometimes aren't.
4a) There is another piece of text that comes up when the girl will do everything. It should read "There is nothing Girl Name won't do."

Image 1.jpg

5) On the hire screen, the Hire button and the cost (in the upper right) are misaligned:

1648874370012.png

6) It is way to easy to unlock Nicole. Given the text displayed when you turn on one of her actions, I think you should only be able to turn on a max of one action per day. The costs seem to be too low, as well. Buying one action reduces the cost of the next action. I think they should be set prices instead of variable. I am fully onboard with her 'going all the way', but there's gotta be some resistance, or she isn't interesting enough.

Welp, time for bed. If this is the kind of feedback you want, I will give more as I get further into the game.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
1) I like the new hire screen. But I am dying for sort functions and/or a search.
Future Me Problems *aka this is kinda difficult* but I hear you.

The hire screen information is actually based not on a database of hireables but on the list of all the girls loaded into the system, and then it just 'skips over' girls that are in the lottery, are Nicole, or are already hired. This is why hired girls are not taken away from the list on the side. Because I can't. Lottery girls are probably showing there too, come to think of it--forgot to handle that. Will do so now.

2) When initially starting the game, you need to buy your first few free upgrades. Can I suggest that the first upgrade, currently called "Stage", be put as the first thing in the upgrade list? Newbies will be less confused, I think, if they can immediately see they should click on something, rather than having to scroll to find it.
It's always bugged me too, just never got around to thinking to fixing it. Here you go. (before they were sorted in alphabetical order according to the internal designation which doesn't actually match what they're called in game. Now it's sorted for more utility.)

newrecruitscreen.png

EDIT: As an aside, now my muscle memory's messing with me, hah.

3) If you roll through the in-game tutorial, it references some old VC stuff. There are a few misspellings as well.
I won't be touching that for a while, unfortunately.

4) On the performance screen, when you select a girl, there is a line: "She won't do:" followed by a list of verboten actions. What are the chances it could say "Girl Name won't do:" instead? (In the example below, that would be "Alexia Anders won't do:") That shouldn't take up any screen real estate, while letting us textual learners remember which girl is which. I wish the small portraits were enough for me to figure that out, but... they sometimes aren't.
4a) There is another piece of text that comes up when the girl will do everything. It should read "There is nothing Girl Name won't do."
I'll look into this, I have to take a look at what's there first, best not to say how much work it is before I get in there eh? It shouldn't be hard, but....

5) On the hire screen, the Hire button and the cost (in the upper right) are misaligned:
newrecruitscreen.png

I'm kinda ahead of you on this. Looking at a single cost girl I can see where you're coming from, but when you see all four costs in there it makes more sense how the layout should work. That said I was unhappy with the alignment myself and have already gone ahead and fixed it to something I think is a bit more visually goodgood. The costs themselves are (as of right now) set in those locations because of how they act as 4 different text objects in the code. Creating a singular text object with all the information, centered, can work, but I'd have to go in and tear some things down and build it up again. Not that I won't be doing things like that, but... well... 'if it ain't broke...'

6) It is way to easy to unlock Nicole. Given the text displayed when you turn on one of her actions, I think you should only be able to turn on a max of one action per day.
Not entirely sure if I agree, but this is negotiable. I have intentionally made it so it's a LOT easier to catch Nicole up, to prevent her from being that slug that she is in Vanilla, and to make the effort put into her actually come with a reward (a girl with good base stats) rather than something just gumming up your works that you can't even Negotiate.

EDIT: Doing my new playthru (now that I'm not compelled to monkey with it) and I'm inclined to agree with you. I disn't want the rediculous scaling it was before, but I see your point. This will be changing. I'm keeping the half-scaling for intermediate tiers but she should be costing more for tiers past dancing (i'm okay with being able to buy that outright in a day.) Thank you for your input here.

The costs seem to be too low, as well. Buying one action reduces the cost of the next action.
This is fully intentional.

So, the thing with the first of each set of three actions is that they unlock a new tier of performances and permit her to do things she didn't do before, which adds to her flexibility in the booth game. Because they do more, they should be the brunt of the cost. The other tiers however, don't actually add more capability or options in the booths, so in a way they're less valuable. This is why I've costed them less. Currently as well, she can gain skill from taking them, to reflect her growth.

I think they should be set prices instead of variable. I am fully onboard with her 'going all the way', but there's gotta be some resistance, or she isn't interesting enough.
You aren't wrong--bear in mind Nicole is very much work in progress. I don't disagree, necessarily, with your points but I feel I should explain my design goals here. The problem with the old progression is that her costs would become too much (the juice isn't worth the squeeze) and her openness is hard to really train well.

They are set prices though, I just set them that way. They will be set differently next build.

Welp, time for bed. If this is the kind of feedback you want, I will give more as I get further into the game.
Very much appreciated! Thank you fo reminding me of my own painpoints and yours as well.

Minor change: Girls now start at maximum energy when recruited, not 100.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CaptC and vscv4bn?
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes