What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
abandoned?
The project has been scuttled by its dev, yes. However:

1) People are still making girlpacks for the game, which is where the real value is

2) The dev has been awesome and given us the source code for the game, and I'm about to start working on a QoL/Balance tweak version for now.

3) Any girlpacks you get for this game is also useable in The Ultimate Strip Club which is actively being dev'd and everglow has been very good about communicating and working on improving his vision of his game.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
informationsidebar.png
I don't think anyone really minds some extra information on this screen eh?

Negotiators are probably going to get nerfed a bit, to be in line with the new boosted Inf.

Reactions: Larslars

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
for Win64

is now live and ready for download! New users will have to download girlpacks seperately, unfortunately.

Changelog is in post above.

No, I won't be doing other platforms, but I might get the source code available for those on other platforms who want the update and don't mind building it in Unity themselves.

I have an idea for how to incorporate other DuoEvents (like the ones with the basic original 8) and make them work in Girlpacks but this requires a bit of sorting out because as it is, the DuoEvent code does not support anything like that.

Last edited:

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
Can you explain connectionCost a bit further. All the other json lines look like ...

"popularity": 0,

and you want us to use

"connectionCost = <x>;" as a line to any girlpack.

Could I make it the same such as ...

"connectionCost": 0,

And what is a good value for connectionCost since I don't know the purpose of it yet?

Reactions: Disgruntler

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Can you explain connectionCost a bit further. All the other json lines look like ...

"popularity": 0,

and you want us to use

"connectionCost = <x>;" as a line to any girlpack.

Could I make it the same such as ...

"connectionCost": 0,

And what is a good value for connectionCost since I don't know the purpose of it yet?
My bad, it should be "connectionCost": 0,

Okay, so "Connections" is a resource that's already in the game. You'll know it in Vanilla by the cop icons. If you make a pack for vanilla, and you assign a Connections cost, it'll eat the cop icon that's otherwise done nothing.

I have no idea what Tobe had planned to do with it--there's nothing in the source code that indicated his plans there. What I did with it was I gave higher tier upgrades a Connection cost, as to give 'cop points' a use. But it's always been there, and I've tested it with vanilla, so if you have some end-game high stat girl or something, giving it a small connection cost can keep it out of early and mid game.

This is something you'd want to keep low. The highest connection cost thing I have in Happy Hour is 4-6 points, and that's considering you have to upgrade multiple things. For a girl, you'll have to feel it out, but 10 is in my belief a LOT of Connections, in vanilla you're lucky to even get that much on a normal run. In Happy Hour it flows a bit more (once you have secretary upgrades, because you need it for your last tier of upgrades as well as modular booths and some tier 3 costumes) but it's not going to be anything like Influence was in Vanilla.

Also, you don't start to earn Connection until your first Crime upgrade.

Current project is testing a full series of unlocks for Nicole in the assistant store (misewell complete it) and then who knows, maybe start on adding modular DuoEvents.

Last edited:

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
I would not mind getting started coding in Unity, but I don't know C#. I learned PHP/Python/SQL on my own and through some resources where I work.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I would not mind getting started coding in Unity, but I don't know C#. I learned PHP/Python/SQL on my own and through some resources where I work.
Me either! Learning as I bodge my way through it! I'm a complete noob!

Anyways, let me know if you like the work done, if there's anything you feel is too easy, too hard, just right.

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
How do you advance to the mid tier upgrade? My girls are 33 openness but I don't have any influence. They are wearing the swimsuit to gain influence but I'm still at zero.

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
It took me till my girls were around 41 openness and I had 113800 till I got the 10 influence to buy the foreplay booth. Doesn't seem like it's balanced.

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
My bad. I meant to buy the next upgrade to the club. After that it cost me another 10 influence to buy the booth. By then my girls are approaching 48 openness, and I still haven't gotten a handjob yet. I am rich as hell though.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
My bad. I meant to buy the next upgrade to the club. After that it cost me another 10 influence to buy the booth. By then my girls are approaching 48 openness, and I still haven't gotten a handjob yet. I am rich as hell though.
Have you unlocked the Crime bonus of Patronage? This is kinda key to making it all work, it's massive. Doing so also unlocks the Connections currency, which you'll need a bit later. The way Patronage works is, when a customer comes in there's a very small set chance that customer could be a criminal, and it rolls to check if it gets below that number. Patronage than takes that roll and divides it down to a small number, which has the effect of quadrupling to quintupling or more the number of criminal customers you get, as well as unlocking Connections as a currency.

I haven't changed that from Vanilla, it's still the same chances.

I may need to buff the rep/inf costumes. I did much playtesting with the gift bonus costumes--rep and influence scale with final happiness. Regardless, gifts and girl skill are your big gains for inf. gain (in vanilla you're capped on happiness with a light fart so this matters less)

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Known Issues:

For some reason the swimsuit set of costumes doesn't load right. I blame Nicole.

I already have a fix for the right arrow not working in the staff list in my 'get Nicole's ass working' version.

The money you see in the top right corner during the booth minigame is not the money you'll get at the end. This is not a bug; the way the game works is the girl collects money (those +s) and then at the end of it, she takes a cut and keeps some of it for herself. The girl has her own money the game doesn't do anything with. This is something I have my eye on. In the meantime, I've changed how the money ticks are reported in the booth in my current version. It will be more accurate in the next version, while still letting the girl take her cut at the end.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
It took me till my girls were around 41 openness and I had 113800 till I got the 10 influence to buy the foreplay booth. Doesn't seem like it's balanced.
Taking some time to think about this, I think the problem may be that influence doesn't come online fast enough. I'm going to consider lowering the openness and reputation threshholds for the 3rd and 4th mission so that influence can flow sooner, giving a nice little bit of it when you start heading into the handjob+ midgame.

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
The two issues you mentioned were the only ones I noticed, except for the 'see improvements' button not doing anything. By the way, how does the streaming work? If it's passive I never saw any increases from non-working girls (at least over a couple of days) and if it's active I don't know how to activate it. Do they have to be rested or something?

Oh and while I'm here is there any chance you could please please add a drop down menu to the recruit page? Ideally something with the small portraits but I'll take pure text too. I have hundreds of girlpacks and the clicking through each is my biggest quality-of-life gripe.

Overall I have to say it's well done. The improvements are well thought out and nothing feels out of place or bad. It might be because I've played it a lot but all went pretty smoothly for me. I'm glad someone's picked up the baton on this. The game really deserves some love.

I have plenty of suggestions but I'll save them for later. Great job so far.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The two issues you mentioned were the only ones I noticed, except for the 'see improvements' button not doing anything. By the way, how does the streaming work? If it's passive I never saw any increases from non-working girls (at least over a couple of days) and if it's active I don't know how to activate it. Do they have to be rested or something?
Streaming works using similar mechanics to the DuoGirl events you get with the Original 8. Every day, for every girl, it rolls a number, and checks to see if that girl rolled lower than that target number. The girl then checks which stat she could practice. If you have the upgrade for that stat's streaming, she'll get a couple points in that and some money (which doesn't matter.... yet.)

It doesn't happen often... at first. But if you have the streaming/event costume on and you have all the upgrades, it comes out to a 50/50 chance for every resting girl to get a little bit of a skill up.

Oh and while I'm here is there any chance you could please please add a drop down menu to the recruit page? Ideally something with the small portraits but I'll take pure text too. I have hundreds of girlpacks and the clicking through each is my biggest quality-of-life gripe.
Working on making that page a bit more user-friendly is a goal of mine. First things first though, gotta clear out some real estate.

1648699473708.png

Jan 10, 2022
Disgruntler
I appreciate the effort you're putting into the modded version with all the new features, nerfs and qol changes!

But you might want to add some sort of frame-limiter. I get excessive coil whine (I've never heard my GPU like this before!) when starting the Happy Hour version due to the GPU rendering 1800-2400 frames per second. When I start tobes version it only renders 100-140 frames per second.
I messured the values with Geforce Experience so the values should be trustworthy.
Sadly this makes Happy Hour unplayable for me right now. I don't know if theres a way for me to set a FPS cap myself.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes