What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

DOaccolon

Oct 26, 2020
Is the feature "firstgirl": "True" working correctly?

I set up two girls out of 200 with the trait "firstgirl". After that I started a new fresh game (scramble mode with or without crown jewels)
I picked up first stage and basic dance. but cant hire another girl after the favourite girl in the two scramble modes.
If I wanna hire a girl, I get the 9times-Rachel-Starr-Screen and the game is over before it even starts:

NewGame_CantHireNewGirls_9FieldsOfRachelStarr.png

Then I rolled back and set the trait "firstgirl" to a false value.
And now both sramble modes are working.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Is the feature "firstgirl": "True" working correctly?
"firstgirl": true,

Make sure that the boolean value is uncapitalized, the system won't correct for it, and there's no need to put quotations around the boolean value true.

Looking at the error message at the bottom, that tells me that it's not adding a girl to the revealed list properly and encountering an error before any girls are rendered.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I did exactly what you said, but still the same result: The Rachel Starr-screen
That is weird. Let me check something---I think I know what the problem is. Might I ask--how many girls did you have firstgirl'd? (I bet it's 1 or 2)? Does the error happen if you have 3+ firstgirls?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I tried with two girls, also only with one out of 200.
And only if no girl has this trait, the scramble mode is working for me.
Try it with three girls, and I think that will work for you for now, but I believe I have solved the problem.

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
I've read through the previous pages and can't seem to find an answer to what plagues me.

I get the 100000 Nicole points when I start a new Scamble CJ. I exit out, come back in and the game goes to the normal "Boss, we gotta hire some girls" spiel.

Start Club, Buy Stage, Set Dance, etc. All good and normal. One girl already hired, looks good.

Until I start the day.

Untitled-1.png

The timer never starts. I already have 100000 Reputation. I have 4 investors already showing up. The Negotiator appears to have been hired and I have $1,000 I shouldn't have.

I tried in all 4 variations and get this every time.

I have done something very, very wrong and I don't know how to fix it (which also would be the title if I ever write my autobiography).

Edit: I also uninstalled and re-installed. Still get the same view.

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
The timer never starts. I already have 100000 Reputation. I have 4 investors already showing up. The Negotiator appears to have been hired and I have $1,000 I shouldn't have.

I have done something very, very wrong and I don't know how to fix it (which also would be the title if I ever write my autobiography).

I tried replicating this and everything worked fine for me after the initial Main Menu restart. That's very weird.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I've read through the previous pages and can't seem to find an answer to what plagues me.

I get the 100000 Nicole points when I start a new Scamble CJ. I exit out, come back in and the game goes to the normal "Boss, we gotta hire some girls" spiel.

Start Club, Buy Stage, Set Dance, etc. All good and normal. One girl already hired, looks good.

Until I start the day.

View attachment 1835347

Game is not intializing the club properly at the launch of the game, and I'm forcing an fresh reinstallation every time you start a game now (rather than only if you've already loaded a game) and that appears to have resolved the issue. I'm currently tweaking some things but the next build is almost ready. (Current goal is making sure the new fixed firstgirl code works as intended)

You didn't fuck up, I broke something on my end. However, having a full re-initialization is best practices anyways on a new game and so I'm content with forcing it to be so. It ultimately makes it easier for me to make changes in the long term.

Meanwhile, here's a sneak peak at the layout I threw together (the scripts are not yet written, so no actual gameplay elements are showing) for the main gameplay screen for SoV:

1653707265108.png
Hrm... maybe I can use one or two of these elements in VCHH....

time to break it again

Last edited:

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
You didn't fuck up, I broke something on my end. However, having a full re-initialization is best practices anyways on a new game and so I'm content with forcing it to be so. It ultimately makes it easier for me to make changes in the long term.
It's a shared fuck up.

I always delete my old saves out AppData when I reinstall and I forgot this time. As soon as I removed old save files from the Tobe_Disgruntler folder, it worked fine after the re-initialization.

A quick bounce back to the Main Screen for a few days is a cheap price to pay for all the work you've put in!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
It's a shared fuck up.

I always delete my old saves out AppData when I reinstall and I forgot this time. As soon as I removed old save files from the Tobe_Disgruntler folder, it worked fine after the re-initialization.
That's still on me. I try to ensure save files are compatible between versions and force a save reset otherwise.

You discovering this minor bug actually just helped me find a major timebomb bug that's been dormant and I just added some prevention for it, so thank you.

Last edited:

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Game is not intializing the club properly at the launch of the game, and I'm forcing an fresh reinstallation every time you start a game now (rather than only if you've already loaded a game) and that appears to have resolved the issue. I'm currently tweaking some things but the next build is almost ready. (Current goal is making sure the new fixed firstgirl code works as intended)

Meanwhile, here's a sneak peak at the layout I threw together (the scripts are not yet written, so no actual gameplay elements are showing) for the main gameplay screen for SoV:

View attachment 1835370
Hrm... maybe I can use one or two of these elements in VCHH....

time to break it again
Ok, cannot wait (wiping saliva from mouth and chin). Looks good so far and when it is released then we will have 3 (count them 3) games to then choose from with the girlpacks. You will put in some means to find the girlpacks somewhere else much like TUSC I hope, I have a large disc drive but not that large if you know what I mean?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You will put in some means to find the girlpacks somewhere else much like TUSC I hope, I have a large disc drive but not that large if you know what I mean?
Literally the first thing I coded, my dude.

1653718971400.png

It's made from the bottom up with that sort of capability in mind, unlike VC, where changing it over so this can be set has been.... challenging. I don't exactly have a massive amount of storage space either, and moving Girlpacks around is enough of a pain with deving VC. I definately want no part of having to do that with SoV.

The alternative controls for VCHH are coming along, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgunner2010

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Literally the first thing I coded, my dude. It's made from the bottom up with that sort of capability in mind, unlike VC, where changing it over so this can be set has been.... challenging. I don't exactly have a massive amount of storage space either, and moving Girlpacks around is enough of a pain with deving VC. I definately want no part of having to do that with SoV.

The alternative controls for VCHH are coming along, by the way.
You like literally need someone to buy you a beer or something, thanks!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You like literally need someone to buy you a beer or something, thanks!
So, you still need to use the mouse to click extend/finishers/helps and that. Honestly, I can't think of a way to do it without a mouse and remain unconvinced I should

Howeverrrrrr....

What you can do in the new version is:

1: You can select a girl with either the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard OR by hitting 1, 2, 3, etc based on if they're the 1st, 2nd, 3rd girl.

2: Each booth also has a hotkey, Q, W, E, A, S, or D (marked on the booths themselves) and clicking the booth if it is open will pop the currently selected girl in that booth as if you dragged and dropped her.

3: If a girl gets trapped behind the scenery by a bugged video causing a frame-rate hiccup they're still selectable by this method.

3a: This will also cause the client traits and girl traits to appear on the bottom of the screen as if you had clicked them, if applicable.

4: In Zoom Mode you can hit space to pause or unpause the timer.

5: The timer has a new snazzier presentation.

6: Drag-and-drop functionality is unaffected.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022
Bug report Normal Mode CJ:
Having the 6th CJ causes the game to freeze when the timer in the booth reaches 0:00 OR I click End Day.
Only fix I found was to fire her. :(

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Bug report Normal Mode CJ:
Having the 6th CJ causes the game to freeze when the timer in the booth reaches 0:00 OR I click End Day.
Only fix I found was to fire her. :(
Noted. Need to replicate this so I can troubleshoot the exact point the code is failing. Might be on the 6 CJ check. This may take some time to get around to doing.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Oh man, went to add a new girl just now into the game and she would not load, kept getting a JSON error. Took me FOREVER to find the one capital L in the word "false" in one of the entries......just as a side note BTW....It was like staring at a Logic Puzzle and trying to figure out what was wrong...

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes