What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

StonefaceAmcw

Jul 15, 2018
The game seems to have problems if you have to few hireable girls available. Try downloading more girlpacks. It might fix the issue.

Acmx

Aug 20, 2021
The game seems to have problems if you have to few hireable girls available. Try downloading more girlpacks. It might fix the issue.
I got 68 in total and currently hired about half so far. I had gotten around the crash on a previous savefile by experimenting with firing/rehiring some girls. But it's not consinstent at all

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Dont despair Disgruntler, this is a very good game and I play this just as much as my bought games! Love it to pieces!

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Dont despair Disgruntler, this is a very good game and I play this just as much as my bought games! Love it to pieces!
An interesting fact is that the game that has the support of mods from the players lives much longer than other games, Skyrim is the most striking example. :giggle:

Reactions: Dripping

xxxtent

Feb 26, 2018
hey disgruntler, which is the latest build ? the one in your signature called Venus Club: Happy Hour is v9.4.J (The Jobs and Jewels Patch) or the one on the main page called Venuss_Club_v9.4.1 .7z. ?

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
The investor trait "Buying Our Diplomas" says that classes no longer use energy. It seems classes also no longer cost money?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The investor trait "Buying Our Diplomas" says that classes no longer use energy. It seems classes also no longer cost money?
Yes, I made that change in 9.4. People had noted that classes did not feel good. So I reduced the costs involved because they were too much for how little it felt you got.

On top of this, I determined I was not enjoying testing Normal Mode nearly as much as Scramble Mode. In fact, I was beginning to just hate doing so. And I realized the reason was initial testing of new girls just to see if they had traits.

So, I removed the cost for training so it can be a true catchup mechanic for girls (don't need to have them work first) while also allowing normal mode girls to get traits just by working once.

I kept the 'block' for Brokers in place, however. The ulty still does what it always has done, it's never affected the money cost, it's always just removed the energy cost and the Broker block. So once you get that, training is just 100% free.

xxxtent I've updated my signature now, it gives the latest version. Thought I did that already.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I got 68 in total and currently hired about half so far. I had gotten around the crash on a previous savefile by experimenting with firing/rehiring some girls. But it's not consinstent at all
So far the only identifiable reason I can see is number of girls hired and owned. The environment I play and test in has 200+ packs (and this issue NEVER happens to me in testing with that many packs) and the only way I've been able to replicate the issue (and I have, by the way, replicated it) is to use a smaller set of packs. So I can confirm one workaround is to have more packs than you need.

But I also recognize that this isn't a solution, and it isn't a fair ask for new players. I'll be looking at the issue closer, because I know what causes it, but I'd thought I'd swatted all incidents of it in the code. Expect a hotfix sooner rather than later.

It is 100% my fault, with code I put in. Figuring out which code did this is the problem.

UPDATE: I'm trying out a different algorithm for Scramble Mode's initial reveal/recruitment that no longer involves the club level improvement on the back end. Should not change how the game plays in peoples' hands, but it should remove the only thing in recruitment (and buying club improvements) that could cause an infinite loop.

UPDATE 2: I'm doing slight changes to the club hub menu logic so that the common complaint of a 'soft lock' (when the truth is you just need to get the dance policy rights and set your first girl to work) is better addressed through notifications in game. The first dance policy no longer requires a girl in your roster to buy, and the recruit button won't appear until you've bought that policy. As well, the game should better communicate what you're supposed to do from the start.

Last edited:
Reactions: xoxo1001

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Just a suggestion from my end, in Normal Mode I know you have given a Trait to the girls after working once....but....in Normal mode (as in Scramble) I know I have to "give up" six girls to work the backstage area. In Normal I normally like to "groom" certain girls for dancers and certain girls for backstage roles. Previously, I was able to do this by them not having traits in Normal Mode and me training them....if I did not like the trait given then, using the load feature, reload the game and retrain. Now I am kinda stuck with what the game gives me in Normal, and yes I know it is kinda cheating on my part, but it sorta ruins the "grooming" part where I can keep certain girls as dancers and certain girls as backstage workers. Now I may end up having like 5 Overachievers or maybe 5 Life Coaches, etc (or worse case scenario 5 On-Stage Managers). Now I have to wait to maybe get an Investor who would offer retraining. Just a note from my end.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Also, I cannot get the girls to appear with appropriate power setting and trait setting using the JSON. Tried with sailor's app and did not appear and tried renaming using your last instructions given in the text file and then the girls would not even load into the game. What is the appropriate setting to use (i.e. how should it be worded in the JSON) to utilize this. Case in point, in Scramble with Crown Jewels none of my designated Crown Jewels showed up, I got a random girl who was the Crown Jewel. Havent gotten that far in Normal Mode with Crown Jewels yet to see if a designated Crown Jewel shows up or a random girl though.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Just a suggestion from my end, in Normal Mode I know you have given a Trait to the girls after working once....but....in Normal mode (as in Scramble) I know I have to "give up" six girls to work the backstage area. In Normal I normally like to "groom" certain girls for dancers and certain girls for backstage roles. Previously, I was able to do this by them not having traits in Normal Mode and me training them....if I did not like the trait given then, using the load feature, reload the game and retrain. Now I am kinda stuck with what the game gives me in Normal, and yes I know it is kinda cheating on my part, but it sorta ruins the "grooming" part where I can keep certain girls as dancers and certain girls as backstage workers. Now I may end up having like 5 Overachievers or maybe 5 Life Coaches, etc (or worse case scenario 5 On-Stage Managers). Now I have to wait to maybe get an Investor who would offer retraining. Just a note from my end.
There is already a fix for this problem in the game.

If you go into the Description.JSON of the girl you have planned for certain roles, you can set a field:

"Power": <number>,

and that number will reflect which trait you want the girl to start with by default.

The current list is:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1655051784190.png

This is exactly how I have it set up, and I can confirm it works.

Beyond that, traits being randomized for girls you don't deliberately set in Normal Mode is fully intentional. If retraining traits is something you want to do, the investment ultimate that retains girls is the intended path to go.

Last edited:

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
There is already a fix for this problem in the game.

If you go into the Description.JSON of the girl you have planned for certain roles, you can set a field:

"Power": <number>,

and that number will reflect which trait you want the girl to start with by default.

The current list is:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 1866755

This is exactly how I have it set up, and I can confirm it works.

Beyond that, traits being randomized for girls you don't deliberately set in Normal Mode is fully intentional. If retraining traits is something you want to do, the investment ultimate that retains girls is the intended path to go.
Ok, also feel like a dumbass because I reread your comments from a few back and realized that initial training was set to a cost of zero now, so my "grooming dilemma" was not an issue. It just took me a while to go back into the game and check it out real quick, sorry about that lol.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Ok, the utility app had put the power line into the JSON but it had not capitalized the "P" in the word power, simple change and it worked. Now, to bug you further, the specialty setting. The app put this line in ("specialSkill":4,) and no designated specialty appeared for the girl. What is the correct wording for this in the JSON? (to include the number and/or word used to designate the specialty). Sorry for all the questions, just trying to "power game", haha. I think this is the line I had try to change but the girls would not load into the game.

Last edited:

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
9.4.1 bug (played normal mode)

1) Gamebreaking bug
When you rest you Girls you don`t lose the money you normal must. For example the girls cost 500$ you pay 100$ and can play further without to pay a debt back or have a game over.

I think this breaks the possibility to solve step 2 from Nicole. I bought all improvements nothing.

2) The girls lose very fast there energy for the beginning this is not so good. The problem is the resting takes to long and you lose money at the moment you have no game over and I said above it looks that it is game breaking.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
9.4.1 bug (played normal mode)

1) Gamebreaking bug
When you rest you Girls you don`t lose the money you normal must. For example the girls cost 500$ you pay 100$ and can play further without to pay a debt back or have a game over.

I think this breaks the possibility to solve step 2 from Nicole. I bought all improvements nothing.

2) The girls lose very fast there energy for the beginning this is not so good. The problem is the resting takes to long and you lose money at the moment you have no game over and I said above it looks that it is game breaking.
The method I use is take the number of booths you have and then have 3 times the number of girls for it, i.e. if you start with 2 booths then you need 6 girls to effectively use them. This method always allows the girls to get the rest need, especially early in the game, to use an effective rotation. It is a little draggy in the beginning to get the number of girls needed for this method but I have found it be an effective solution to the work/rest cycle. This also works for Nicole's mission for getting the basic services. What I do is buy the Barmaid, do some dances and then buy a girl, do some dances and buy another service, do some dances and buy a girl, etc. until I have at least 6 or 7 girls to provide a good rest/work rotation without having a bunch girls with little to no energy to work throughout the night.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The app put this line in ("specialSkill":4,) and no designated specialty appeared for the girl.
That should give them the highlighted specialty for the sex skill. As in, that's the exact variable and number used in the game itself.

nahitsnotimportant : There are no plans for an android port at this time. I do not have an android device with storage space capable of accomodating this game to the degree I have it balanced for. Further, android apps in unity (or linux or mac for that matter) have different video permissions than on windows and so girlpacks designed for windows might not even be compatible with an android version. Android is just not a platform that's builtfor this kind of game with this kind of customizable girl-pack system.

1) Gamebreaking bug

Girl costs for your first girls should be set around the 300 or less mark. Let's assume you only have 300+ cost girls, and nothing more. Let me walk you through my opening, which works for both modes.

You start, get your club, stage, dance policy, and if you're in normal mode, hire your first girl with the 300 dollars. In Scramble Mode you get a free girl, so start with no money at all.

You then send her to the club to work. She'll come back with 200-300 ish dollars. This first day of working the club will cost her around 50 energy.

If you have enough to hire a second girl, you do so. If not, that's fine, you work your first girl again.

Once you have another 300 dollars, you hire your second girl. Either your first girl was worked once or twice, but it does not matter. You rest her and now work your second girl.

Your second girl earns you 300 dollars. You use this to hire your third girl. This completes Nicole's first mission, and then you can use the 500 you get to hire a fourth girl.

Now you have four girls, two who are fresh.

You use the two fresh girls to work the booths, and hire your fifth girl. By now, your first girl is fully rested. So you send girl 1 and girl 5, and earn enough to buy girl 6.

Once you have 6 girls, you can work two girls at a time, cycle through them, and have them rest to full by the time they're up again.

From here, you have a few options. If you want to buy the Third Booth, though, your next priority is to get girls 7-9 so you can have a cycle of girls going. You can choose to buy improvements first for happiness gain and reputation, or you can buy booth first for additional income. Up to you.

As well, after around day 12-13 you'll be able to date Nicole and use her points to get her up to speed as a performing girl herself. This is highly recommended for newer players as Nicole's capabilities in the booths and her trait is very powerful and she costs you nothing other than time to invest in. Advanced players will often just date her once to occupy a backstage position because they don't need her to fill a work slot, and don't want to grind the date game, or ignore her completely. But for you, definately get Nicole working the booths. Her trait is VERY powerful in the booths.

If you're losing too much money, you're not hiring enough girls to cover shifts, or you're overworking girls. You only need one girl, one club, one policy to start the gameplay loop. Start small, build tall. The opening sequence of this game is one of the most rigorously tested parts of the game. If it were actually broken, the vets who have played this for over a year would say so.

mgunner2010 basically has the meta down and that's how I play (and therefore test) the game too.

The biggest mistake new players seem to make is they try to bumrush Nicole's first missions and think the game is locked or broken when the missions are not something you're supposed to do in the first day or two. They're tutorializations of what you want to be doing over time, and the next build will make that more clear.

That said, Starter Pack I doesn't give you enough girls to work with, so don't forget to get Starter Pack II as well, which will give you enough to get the ball rolling. Then download whichever girls from the girlpack thread that you like.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes