What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I think the eye contact upgrade for the Nicole minigame doesn't work? Before and after buying it you gain 30 points from one date.
The message popping up and saying you've hit 30 points is a known issue from 8.1 I still keep forgetting to fix. I'll test if the number actually doesn't work, but last I'd checked it was working fine.

Reactions: Kane2607
Apr 19, 2019
That big boost of money came because in the version you played, buying the last level of club set an internal variable to 100. When I set certain mechanics to scale with club level, they scaled way out of line with the 1-5 it's supposed to be. I now have, instead, it set to 7 which is still higher than anything that club level would unlock but not so high that it breaks the maths.
I spent some time with v9.4.1 and the income is much better balanced now. Nice job, there. Level 5 still feels like it goes by quicker than the others, but if you already have a full shift of eight girls and all six booths, that makes sense. It could just be how I'm playing--I tend to complete all upgrades each level before moving on. I think you'd have to further increase the cost of upgrades to stretch it out, but I think I read you saying before the game isn't really intended to be hard or grindy. The balance doesn't seem too bad at this pont.

The game really has a lot of potential, it just needs more gameplay, I think. The core mechanic of girls working booths is pretty solid--if a bit hectic once you have all six booths and are having to manage finishers--but things outside of that still feel a little peripheral. A key thing that's missing for me is a sense of challenge for the player. The main challenge seems to be resources limiting what you can buy. Adding adverse events like getting robbed, police raids, having to pay bribes, girls getting sick or quitting or other things like that might help round things out. A story mode where the player has to work through other specific objectives (something similar to the broker mechanic, but integrated into a story, and perhaps gating club upgrades behind those events) could help to give more of a game feeling, too.

On the other hand, if that was never the intent, and it was always supposed to be more of a simple simulation, then I suppose just ignore me. I still think it's cool either way. It's just that right now, you kind of breeze through the levels pretty quickly. Having additional girls does add some replayability, but it doesn't remove the "sameness" of the game, mechanically speaking.

Whatever the case, good job so far, and thanks for being willing to pickup where Tobe left off. It'd be a shame for the game to just die out. That happens too often, sadly.

Reactions: zaqwsxcde1

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I spent some time with v9.4.1 and the income is much better balanced now. Nice job, there. Level 5 still feels like it goes by quicker than the others, but if you already have a full shift of eight girls and all six booths, that makes sense. It could just be how I'm playing--I tend to complete all upgrades each level before moving on. I think you'd have to further increase the cost of upgrades to stretch it out, but I think I read you saying before the game isn't really intended to be hard or grindy. The balance doesn't seem too bad at this pont.

The game really has a lot of potential, it just needs more gameplay, I think. The core mechanic of girls working booths is pretty solid--if a bit hectic once you have all six booths and are having to manage finishers--but things outside of that still feel a little peripheral. A key thing that's missing for me is a sense of challenge for the player. The main challenge seems to be resources limiting what you can buy. Adding adverse events like getting robbed, police raids, having to pay bribes, girls getting sick or quitting or other things like that might help round things out. A story mode where the player has to work through other specific objectives (something similar to the broker mechanic, but integrated into a story, and perhaps gating club upgrades behind those events) could help to give more of a game feeling, too.

On the other hand, if that was never the intent, and it was always supposed to be more of a simple simulation, then I suppose just ignore me. I still think it's cool either way. It's just that right now, you kind of breeze through the levels pretty quickly. Having additional girls does add some replayability, but it doesn't remove the "sameness" of the game, mechanically speaking.

Whatever the case, good job so far, and thanks for being willing to pickup where Tobe left off. It'd be a shame for the game to just die out. That happens too often, sadly.
Thank you for a very in-depth and well thought out opinion. This is very much 'good stuff' in terms of feedback.

Adversarial mechanics are very much a 'hit or miss' thing. I know some players have asked for them, including yourself, but I know of others that don't want the game to stray too far from the builder-snowball gameplay.

I do not disagree with either side! Both sides of the argument have merit.

If I start work on an adversarial series of mechanics, I would want it to be something a bit more than just random events. Everything so far is revolving around the core gameloop of 'do booths, invest in booths, repeat' and I don't want to stray too far from that. Nicole's date minigame, for example, for veterans becomes an obstruction, not a benefit.

There also needs to be some measure of interactivity. Some RNG is fine but I want the idea of the player having agency over what could happen to be center stage.

IF I go down that route, my most likely path is to introduce it as a seperate gameplay option, similar to Scramble Mode. Anything more than that would be saying too much and doing too little. I don't want to promise it and then put no work into it, or worse, put work into it and then discover it's unworkable, unfun, or that I just can't execute.

So my answer is--this is not a bad idea, but it is challenging, and I cannot commit to it at this time. But if I do so, it's going to become a new direction of development. Before I can do that, I need to tweak the costs of everything else just right. I think I'm almost there, I just need a good pass on costs for upgrades and the like, and then it'll be in a state I can start to layer on obstacles to.

-------

I'm happy with the resource curve itself, but the costs for things early-mid might be a bit too high given that curve. So expect things to get a bit cheaper in terms of money in the next patch.

Apr 19, 2019
So my answer is--this is not a bad idea, but it is challenging, and I cannot commit to it at this time. But if I do so, it's going to become a new direction of development. Before I can do that, I need to tweak the costs of everything else just right. I think I'm almost there, I just need a good pass on costs for upgrades and the like, and then it'll be in a state I can start to layer on obstacles to.
Perfectly understandable. Adding in new features or gameplay elements like I'm suggesting is definitely taking on a sizable chunk of work. I don't fault you at all for wanting to start small. Good luck with with the game. I'll keep an eye on the thread for new releases.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Why cannot i hire more than 9 girls. I have more than 15 girls girlpack
In Normal Mode?

Lottery. Some girls are earmarked to be acquired through the lottery system attached to the Gespote Crime Syndicate. You can go into their Description.JSON files and take them off the lottery by removing the line '"inLottery": true' and saving it in any text editor, or by running the girlpack editor utility that is linked in my signature and page 1 of this thread.

----

Current QOL Progress:

Added a tutorial box reminding players to go visit Nicole when they get their first 3 girls.

Added a notice that the game is Initializing when you start.

Altered the costs of scramble mode girls to reflect the new money curve.

Buff to Camgirl. She should be procing more often and when she procs her energy will boost to max+5 to put her at the front of your work list. Trainer job will also buff internet proc rates to a minor degree. Fixed a minor bug that also was reducing proc rates unintentionally.

New Trait that responds to Negotiators: Brat. Another upside/downside trait.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021
has anyone else had their virus software flag the exe file and put it in the virus vault?!?! it has happened to me twice on this update.
wtf?!!

it says theres something called IDP.Generic

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
has anyone else had their virus software flag the exe file and put it in the virus vault?!?! it has happened to me twice on this update.
wtf?!!
WTF indeed. Try running the .exe through virustotal and see what comes up. I ran a scan of my own build to be sure just now and I see nothing, but you shouldn't take my word for it.

May 7, 2021
WTF indeed. Try running the .exe through virustotal and see what comes up. I ran a scan of my own build to be sure just now and I see nothing, but you shouldn't take my word for it.
i did some looking and it sounds like avast is kinda sketchy maybe and gives false positives. gonna run another antivirus software and see what i see

Imrick

Jun 3, 2017
Thank you, I will investigate this shortly. If 2 is true, that explains 1. I've plans to improve the 'robustness' of those settings in the near future anyways.

I'll try to see if a different keybind for this works.
Hello! Can the main character fuck Nicole?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hello! Can the main character fuck Nicole?
Yes, through the dating dodge minigame. It unlocks around day 12, sometimes later. (There is some mild RNG involved in this that I have no need to change)

You can also use the points you earn in that minigame to promote her to a working girl, which means she can work the booths, or work backstage. Your choice.

It's not a core part of the gameplay loop though, just to be forwarned.

-----------------

Did a run last night with some new costs--connection costs being meaningful. With respect to Money and Rep costs in early/mid, I think it feels nice where I've set it. (YMMV) However, connection costs were bottlenecking things too much in late game for my liking. As well, the final step of CJ is grindy (intentionally so) for Connection but TOO grindy.

So I altered the formula for connection gain, fixed a bug, and am testing if this feels better of if I need to adjust connection costs again.

I'm also going to do a slight change to Rep caps, in CJ mode only. Frankly, not being able to broker the same turn I CJ'd is getting on my nerves.

There is also an opportunity for customizability for players who want a faster or slower gain. I haven't coded it in yet, but I think I might do so shortly.

------------------

Also I'm not seeing any reports of buying new club levels causing the game to hang for players with lower girlpack counts any more. Is this a case of 'no news is good news'?

Last edited:
Reactions: Imrick

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Gallery bug-> some videos cant be saved, no matter how much you saw in working ui.
I haven't actually even so much as cracked open the Gallery code since I inherited this. I know finisher videos aren't recorded there, and it's on the back of my mind as a low priority thing to do when I can get around to it.

Acmx

Aug 20, 2021
I don't know if this QoL improvement has been requested already but might there be an automated finisher upgrade at some point?

Maybe a 2 step upgrade.

1.Step : Randomized finisher
2. Step : Preferred Finisher if available

The reason for this might be familiar to some fellow "rod strokers" in here. You can pretty much play the Booth game completely with your left hand.
TAB for switching girls; QWEASD for booths etc.
But when you want to use finishers you must use the mouse or am i mistaken? I tried some keys but none worked.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I don't know if this QoL improvement has been requested already but might there be an automated finisher upgrade at some point?

Maybe a 2 step upgrade.

1.Step : Randomized finisher
2. Step : Preferred Finisher if available

The reason for this might be familiar to some fellow "rod strokers" in here. You can pretty much play the Booth game completely with your left hand.
TAB for switching girls; QWEASD for booths etc.
But when you want to use finishers you must use the mouse or am i mistaken? I tried some keys but none worked.
The issue with finishers is that I haven't sorted out which is the best option for a control scheme yet for keyboard. I am thinking about it but this takes time to sort out.

Plus, there are times when you want to extend and when you don't, so I don't want to take that control away from the player.

abcomfg

Nov 2, 2018
With regards to keyboard controls, I suggest maybe having a left-side control scheme and a right-side control scheme, or maybe allowing the player to set their own keys.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes