What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

heeroryu

Dec 10, 2019
Hi Disgruntler, i'm new here. Just found out about the game last week and honestly i love it. So far that's my favorite game in this category ;)
I feel like i'm playing a erotic version of the Cabaret from the Yakuza games. And actually i was trying to remake one in Unreal for the fun of it with some sexy elements.

And your game is really great and giving me the same feeling of challenge and wanting to play more to unlock more. The only thing that i would think would make it more enjoyable (especially at the end) is to maybe hired like a manager or something and maybe up to 6 (one for each booth) to automatizing the process and make the game more enjoyable. Cause when you have 6 booth you spend more time clicking everywhere than enjoying the videos...

But honestly great job, keep going!!! I'm a fan!!!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hi Disgruntler, i'm new here. Just found out about the game last week and honestly i love it. So far that's my favorite game in this category ;)
I feel like i'm playing a erotic version of the Cabaret from the Yakuza games. And actually i was trying to remake one in Unreal for the fun of it with some sexy elements.

And your game is really great and giving me the same feeling of challenge and wanting to play more to unlock more. The only thing that i would think would make it more enjoyable (especially at the end) is to maybe hired like a manager or something and maybe up to 6 (one for each booth) to automatizing the process and make the game more enjoyable. Cause when you have 6 booth you spend more time clicking everywhere than enjoying the videos...

But honestly great job, keep going!!! I'm a fan!!!
Thanks for your feedback. Most of what you're playing is a game design by Tobe who deserves the bulk of the credit. I'm just the dumbass who took it over.

I apologize in advance but I have no plans to automate the booth game. If anything, I've been veering towards complicating it, and including mechanics that change up how one plays the booth game.

That said, over time I've worked on a keyboard control scheme for placing girls. Using tab, or the number keys to select a girl, and QWEASD to select a booth does free up some mental space. As well, I've worked on making it more visible when a client requires attention. I haven't worked out the details on how to keyboard command-assign drinks/cigarettes early game or finishers mid/late game yet, but that is next on my radar, as to enable a more relaxed keyboard-style play if one wants it.

One thing you can do if you want to play lazy, is set up specialized booths according to specific girls, and then it becomes very easy to just hit qweasd when that booth comes up, and plan which girl goes in which booth. It's not optimal for money gain, but fuck it. (In fact, it used to be how I'd always play until I made Random booths profitable, which has encouraged me out of dedicating booths and forcing me into having to work around the clients' needs) I pretty much do all my testing and play with the keyboard shortcuts now, they've really opened up my focus and let me 'enjoy the show' so to speak. Zoom 2.0 really helps with that as well.

Another thing I can offer, if the game is getting a bit hectic, hit Z or P, and this will pause the timer while you can still make moves. Then you can take your time, focus on a video, do whatever you like.

Reactions: heeroryu

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
When running a night, there's icons near the timer showing your stats and any investors that might visit. I have a briefcase icon with "Freebie" underneath. What's that mean?

Edit: Just realised that it's the negotiator.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptC

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
control scheme
R, T, F, G for the condoms, pills, drinks, and smokes, perhaps? It's right next to QWEASD (booth buttons), and it matches the button layout.

Also, a small bug: if you're listening to a non-zoomed video, the music volume remains low if the client finishes before you re-mute the video. You have to wait until that booth get another video to re-mute it.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Bug report: I am running a theme and the lottery gave me a girl who didn't fit. I immediately fired her. Upon returning to the club management screen, the girl I just fired is being advertised as the hot new girl.

And later, when I try the lottery again, I got the exact same girl I just fired. I was surprised, because I thought the lottery never gives you the same girl twice.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Bug report: I am running a theme and the lottery gave me a girl who didn't fit. I immediately fired her. Upon returning to the club management screen, the girl I just fired is being advertised as the hot new girl.
Roger.

And later, when I try the lottery again, I got the exact same girl I just fired. I was surprised, because I thought the lottery never gives you the same girl twice.
Nope. Let me think on this, though.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
R, T, F, G for the condoms, pills, drinks, and smokes, perhaps? It's right next to QWEASD (booth buttons), and it matches the button layout.

Also, a small bug: if you're listening to a non-zoomed video, the music volume remains low if the client finishes before you re-mute the video. You have to wait until that booth get another video to re-mute it.
1) Currently used for zoom cameras and to switch zooms.

2) Doesnt specify a booth and booths require different things.

3) If you're playing one handed, Finishers are the real concern.

4) Still have same problem as above.

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Perhaps QWEASD could focus a Booth, like how the number keys focuses a girl.
If a booth is empty, then send the selected girl to that booth, otherwise focus the booth for further actions.

Since happiness boosters never show up at the same time as finishers (on a single booth), you could use the same keys.

Essentially, rather than assigning a key to a specific button, you assign a key to a button position. For example, R could hit the top left button on the selected booth, whether its condoms or extend.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Perhaps QWEASD could focus a Booth, like how the number keys focuses a girl.
If a booth is empty, then send the selected girl to that booth, otherwise focus the booth for further actions.

Since happiness boosters never show up at the same time as finishers (on a single booth), you could use the same keys.

Essentially, rather than assigning a key to a specific button, you assign a key to a button position. For example, R could hit the top left button on the selected booth, whether its condoms or extend.
There is an issue with doing this in the code itself. Not insurmountable, but I'd be going into code that's very delicate--as in it was cloning girls on early iterations of the keybind dev builds delicate.

I can't use RTYFGH though, those are taken. And the finisher grid is four high, with extend on the top.

I want to do some UI tweaking here anyways, let's see what I cook up.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
How to get influence? not the connections, the one with the tuxedo emblem.
Connection is the one with the tuxedo emblem.

Influence is the one with the red crime syndicate icon.

Spend 5 influence on Patronage in the Mafia Services window, you'll start getting Politicians which get you Connection. As well, you'll get criminals more often for Influence.

If you have not unlocked Mafia Services, click on Missions and Dates or the Mission List, and finish that list.

-------

Currently, I'm working on buying some more screen space in the booth game and making it a bit cleaner.

I realized that with the addition of happiness bars on clients, and the greening of the favored finisher button, the client text info no longer contains useful information. Nor was it the best way to show that information. So I've removed it, and this has openned up some space.

Another concern is the 'won't do' text box, which is too much information to be useful as it is. To start, all that matters is if a girl will accept a performance, and can be expressed with more clarity.

1655310879017.png
That just leaves the question of what to do about finishers.

Last edited:

BlueLine

Mar 29, 2021
Thanks for your hard work on the game, Disgruntler.

I noticed something that seems to be a conflict between the regular recuiting and the lottery:

it appears only in scramble mode, both normal+CJ (classic works normal for me)

atm I have of 36 girl packs. (35+Nichole)

5 are for CJ of wich i got 2 till now. I've hired 24 girls by the recuit. When I try to hire another one (number 25), the game freezes.

But I can get these "missing" 7 girls through the lottery. I think the girls schouldn't pop up in the normal recruit system, if they are lottery girls. I mean, one schouldn't be able to see them there.

I'm not sure, if i understand correctly, how the system works. Does the game decide at the beginning, who are the lottery girls? If so, they should be excluded from the normal recuit. If it is decided later, it is confusing that you see them in normal recuit and are able to click the "hire" button which results in game freeze and crash.

And I just noticed: I can aquire the last girl through lottery endlessly: In staff she appears only once. But you can hit the lottery button as often as you wish. Every time you will get the "you just recuited...." message and pay 50 infl.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thanks for your hard work on the game, Disgruntler.

I noticed something that seems to be a conflict between the regular recuiting and the lottery:

it appears only in scramble mode, both normal+CJ (classic works normal for me)

atm I have of 36 girl packs. (35+Nichole)

5 are for CJ of wich i got 2 till now. I've hired 24 girls by the recuit. When I try to hire another one (number 25), the game freezes.

But I can get these "missing" 7 girls through the lottery. I think the girls schouldn't pop up in the normal recruit system, if they are lottery girls. I mean, one schouldn't be able to see them there.

I'm not sure, if i understand correctly, how the system works. Does the game decide at the beginning, who are the lottery girls? If so, they should be excluded from the normal recuit. If it is decided later, it is confusing that you see them in normal recuit and are able to click the "hire" button which results in game freeze and crash.
Thank you for this. I might have overlooked a couple checks in the code. It should be doing a comparison on girls left because lottery and scramble's reveals pull from the same pool. I'll go ahead and take another look under the hood and have it ready for next patch.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
the game crashes everytime i try to buy the final club upgrade, any help?
Still!?

I'll take another look. Get more girlpacks, so far that's the only way to avoid it.

Trying another fix.

1655328381023.png
Second iteration of the status info on the bottom, with increased iconization.

This actually opens mechanical design space for me I didn't have before, which is good. The goal for this is going to be a less text-rich booth game which should lead to better readability and make it feel less hectic.

1655328713207.png

The new layout for the finishers (and for drinks addons) gives me more room to play with, and in turn, opens design space. It also translates more intuitively to a keyboard input, so this is ground work for other changes. This will also map out to how my redesign of the 'won't do' space is going to work out.

1655331353926.png
And here is the redesign of the wontdo finishers. MUCH cleaner!

I'm loving this, there's a bit more change I want to do, but this is coming out nice.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Testing out some more keyboard shortcuts. 1-6 will select booths for zooming now instead of rtyfgh, and no longer select girls on the side.

Instead, rtyfghvb will be context sensitive for finishers/helping items, and there will be tooltips to reflect this.

1655340474580.png

Working with the icons a bit more, I've set it so that when waiting for work, they use the icons now. The specialty booth reminders will now also be set to icons.

Keybinds might take a while to sort out.

Meanwhile, time to flesh out the trait area. Which... will take time.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes