What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
If you could upload the source code, it would be great, I can use unity to create the mac version.Thanks
I don't mind doing that for ya, I'll let you know when I got it ready.

Just so you know, you need to use the latest 2019 edition for it, it will not work (out of the box) with the 2021 edition of Unity.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Ok, it is really getting disheartening to watch that ticker chiming down and not having any clients hardly at all showing up. I feel like half the time I am watching nothing but idle dancers and money going down the tube. Could you look at your code and consider changing something to make the client's show up just a tad faster? I appreciate that it makes you buy the improvements to have clients show up faster but even with the improvements it still seems like I am staring at empty booths too often and waiting....and waiting.....and waiting.....
EDIT: Just as an example, was just in game, on Tier 1, with all improvements bought except Modular Booth 1 and Upgraded Club, with all positions filled but Hostess, with a Rep of over 50, with three girls dancing and three booths just watched 19 seconds just tick away....a little long for my tastes really. The main problem I face with this is not really money but the mission to get a girl over 20 openness on Scramble. It takes a very long time but when I get there the last couple of missions then snowball because of the time to get the girls to over 20 openness. By then I have way over the Rep and of course the Gestapo mission is a given at that point. In Normal mode it is not a problem because I can make a work around with the JSON's but I normally play Scramble where this become an issue within the game. Sorry for the bitching on this, it is late in the evening and I do love what you have accomplished with the game!

Last edited:

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
I have watched 30 seconds click off with no customers and three booths open. Bad income that night.

I think deference to the fact that this is a game, and a player sitting around bored is a bad thing, so I propose a 10 second pity timer. If a customer hasn't shown up naturally for 10 seconds when all booths are open, make one show up.

Reactions: mgunner2010

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
I have watched 30 seconds click off with no customers and three booths open. Bad income that night.

I think deference to the fact that this is a game, and a player sitting around bored is a bad thing, so I propose a 10 second pity timer. If a customer hasn't shown up naturally for 10 seconds when all booths are open, make one show up.
CaptC, you did what I was supposed to do....when you state a problem then also have a solution, not just complain like I did. Sorry Disgruntler, I should have proposed a solution with my problem like CaptC did.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
CaptC, you did what I was supposed to do....when you state a problem then also have a solution, not just complain like I did. Sorry Disgruntler, I should have proposed a solution with my problem like CaptC did.
No, it's fine.

No need to apologize, you both have repeatedly given valuable feedback in the past which I respect and that is the spirit in which I have taken it.

I have been doing a playthrough recently and I have come to agree with both of your concerns, for the exact same reasons. So I'm going to be adjusting the probability calculation for how they come in juuuuust a tad, and then including streak mitigation so that you can still get streaks (it works both ways) but also that you won't get long dry spells like that.

In fact, I'll be working on getting that ready shortly. 10.0 is not close to ready, there's a LOT of math I have to sort out for it, but I can get a minor patch up sooner rather than later.

Regarding costs, I'm changing the auto-fills in crime services to 10 per. I just want to stretch out getting them for a bit. And this helps tutorialize getting Patronage better.

As well, I've increased the costs of the bar/pharmacy/condoms/ciggies by 25 each to prevent buying them with starting money in normal mode, but in exchange, the extra booth is available for cheaper, so the total cost comes out even.

Last edited:

ttipsigam

Jan 23, 2018
No, it's fine.

No need to apologize, you both have repeatedly given valuable feedback in the past which I respect and that is the spirit in which I have taken it.

I have been doing a playthrough recently and I have come to agree with both of your concerns, for the exact same reasons. So I'm going to be adjusting the probability calculation for how they come in juuuuust a tad, and then including streak mitigation so that you can still get streaks (it works both ways) but also that you won't get long dry spells like that.

In fact, I'll be working on getting that ready shortly. 10.0 is not close to ready, there's a LOT of math I have to sort out for it, but I can get a minor patch up sooner rather than later.

Regarding costs, I'm changing the auto-fills in crime services to 10 per. I just want to stretch out getting them for a bit. And this helps tutorialize getting Patronage better.

As well, I've increased the costs of the bar/pharmacy/condoms/ciggies by 25 each to prevent buying them with starting money in normal mode, but in exchange, the extra booth is available for cheaper, so the total cost comes out even.
" 10.0 is not close to ready, there's a LOT of math I have to sort out for it "

What kind of maths? -- my curiosity is piqued

jsmith555

Aug 7, 2017
Need to know if I've failed to unlock something or if I have a bug. I'm late game but no finishers display in the gallery section for any of the girls. Is this a bug, or am I missing some unlock stat I'm not aware of?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
" 10.0 is not close to ready, there's a LOT of math I have to sort out for it "

What kind of maths? -- my curiosity is piqued
Well, to give an example, I have currently developed a logistical curve based on the difference between your club's current reputation and a value based on the number of days your club has been around, with the inflection point at 0 difference and 50% probability, and horizontal asymptotes at 25% and 75% probability respectively; this is changing in the next build a bit.

Now, this works with a singular variable, but it'll be based on a different score in--oh I'm speaking a bit too much.

I also need to sort out a new stat for girls which will act as a way of making your lives more of a pain in the ass based on her specific needs and--

1657178804449.png

Need to know if I've failed to unlock something or if I have a bug. I'm late game but no finishers display in the gallery section for any of the girls. Is this a bug, or am I missing some unlock stat I'm not aware of?
It's not a bug, it's incomplete and I've not gone in there to finish the finishers. It's on my 'to do list'.

------

A little bit of ergonomic change:

1657179638807.png

I've moved the intake panel beside the girl panel where your eyes are looking to see who can do what booths, so this information is easier to see. As well, I've added a portrait to the girl panel.

Last edited:

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
Curiouser and Curiouser.....been doing any further work on any other projects you may or may not be doing? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more...) (I put a clause in there for any plausible denialbility)

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Curiouser and Curiouser.....been doing any further work on any other projects you may or may not be doing? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more...) (I put a clause in there for any plausible denialbility)
There is a technical snag in implementation regarding SoV's core ui in the main gameplay section which is vexing me. However, some of the techniques and strategies of implementation I've learned in SoV are being brought into VC, and some of the stuff I have recently worked on in VC (Zoom 2.0, new girl plates, for example) are possible other solutions to those technical limitations. I have SoV backburnered while I hammer out VC stuff.

So while I have nothing to report about Streets at this time, I can actually say that what I am doing in VC is going to make SoV-work easier for me down the pipe.

• Love
Reactions: GrooveDaddy

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Is there a list somewhere that shows what all of the power affects are?
I'd really like to custom tailor my rather large girlpacks folder but I don't know what these 'powers' actually do...

Perhaps this information should be in the OP? (maybe the OP of the girlpacks dedicated thread)

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
The text for each power publicly exists in the game. Not really polite to volunteer other people's time, when you can do it yourself.

Reactions: scutterhutdev

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
This may be a dumb question and answered before, but I've started to notice sometimes getting a generic video for some performances and girls. I assume it happens when a pack does not have any vids for that action since it's usually group finisher or group sex things. Is it caused by incorrect pack Description.json or something else?

Kind of annoying when these vids happen and would rather just not have that action button available in the first place if the girl doesn't do it. For example, if girl X does not have a group scene, I'd rather do a regular scene than a generic one with the actress I don't even know. I wondered if the available finisher display at the bottom of the screen would help with this but I've seen a finisher highlighted there and still get the generic scene, so I don't know.. Also in that case, wouldn't it be better to just not show the action button in the first place than have that display at the bottom?

I see the JSON data files have some flags like doThreesome=true or false .. Are these strictly necessary and shouldn't the game be able to figure this out from the directory contents? I got a Breanne Benson pack from somewhere and it had all the flags set to false so she wouldn't do anything even though there was files in the pack..

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
This may be a dumb question and answered before, but I've started to notice sometimes getting a generic video for some performances and girls. I assume it happens when a pack does not have any vids for that action since it's usually group finisher or group sex things. Is it caused by incorrect pack Description.json or something else?

Kind of annoying when these vids happen and would rather just not have that action button available in the first place if the girl doesn't do it. For example, if girl X does not have a group scene, I'd rather do a regular scene than a generic one with the actress I don't even know. I wondered if the available finisher display at the bottom of the screen would help with this but I've seen a finisher highlighted there and still get the generic scene, so I don't know.. Also in that case, wouldn't it be better to just not show the action button in the first place than have that display at the bottom?

I see the JSON data files have some flags like doThreesome=true or false .. Are these strictly necessary and shouldn't the game be able to figure this out from the directory contents? I got a Breanne Benson pack from somewhere and it had all the flags set to false so she wouldn't do anything even though there was files in the pack..
If you're getting a random/wrong video, its very likely that the JSON file isn't set up right, and she's tagged as having vids in that category when she doesn't. I highly recommend using the JSON tool linked in this thread, labeled as Lst_Venusclub.exe to check through each one to fix those occasional issues. It also makes it far easier to adjust their pictures if you choose to.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Not 'incorrect' but rather an option. Having a girl lacking videos in a given category can reflect a balance issue for that girl, so it's not always preferable to just have videos missing and no way to access a given tier of performance. Imagine, for example, a girl who literally has no videos that can fit into dance. If I automaticly have the game exclude her videos, she becomes automatically disqualified from the early game. This can cause potential problems in Scramble Mode.

Similarly, if a girl is missing body finishers, it makes her exceedingly weak for the switchover from Pose to Foreplay.

So, no, it's not that the JSON is 'incorrect' but rather, there's a backstop for girls who are missing core performances needed for game balance.

No, it actually would not be easier. The preferable option is to leave it up to the individual to sort out for themselves. But that said, if you check the utility in my signature it will let you customize the packs so that if they're missing a video it won't show. I won't dictate this for everyone (again, aforementioned balance concerns) but nothing stops you from changing your settings how you like.

I see the JSON data files have some flags like doThreesome=true or false .. Are these strictly necessary and shouldn't the game be able to figure this out from the directory contents?
Whether I can set the game up to do so, or not, it is preferable to leave the option to the individual. If you want videos to not play, set up the flags so it won't try.

I got a Breanne Benson pack from somewhere and it had all the flags set to false so she wouldn't do anything even though there was files in the pack..
Then set them to true (or delete the flags, they default to true.)

Last edited:
Reactions: saucepan35
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes