What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
just a wild guess... any chance you have two directories with a girl named Zoey Monroe in the .json file?
Did a search and it doesn't seem like it. The game also warns if there's a mismatch between the JSON and the folder name on load, so it shouldn't be possible since I'm not getting any warnings.

The pack making it hang, is this in both Scramble and Normal mode?
Just tested normal mode, and seems it only happens in scramble. Could start a new game and use/hire the pack with no issues.

Scramble hangs both with and without crown jewels. But it stops hanging if I use firstgirl: false. But now, she also isn't recruitable. I reduced my pack count to the minimum allowed to start scramble (40 for crown jewels, 20 for regular - only tested in 10 increments though). Used the reroll button about 100+ times for each mode and Zoey didn't come up once. Did the same thing with Reject and cycling through everyone. Some kind of tug of war between firstgirl and crown jewel where she gets reserved but not, somehow? But then, strange it also happens in regular scramble..

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Scramble hangs both with and without crown jewels. But it stops hanging if I use firstgirl: false. But now, she also isn't recruitable. I reduced my pack count to the minimum allowed to start scramble (40 for crown jewels, 20 for regular - only tested in 10 increments though). Used the reroll button about 100+ times for each mode and Zoey didn't come up once. Did the same thing with Reject and cycling through everyone. Some kind of tug of war between firstgirl and crown jewel where she gets reserved but not, somehow? But then, strange it also happens in regular scramble..
Sounds like something going on in the firstgirl logic--that only ever applies to scramble and never to normal. I'll have to take a look at that and get back to you.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You could add the -filter:v fps=fps=30 argument to ffmpeg to convert to 30fps, which will solve some of the video glitch issues.
The issue has to do with how compression is done itself in the video. If you play one of those videos in any video player, there's always the first second or so while it does nothing (the timer still going) before doing something.

It's a moot point though, the problems it was causing are fixed in the latest version.

Once I've done a total conversion over to vp8/webm for my entire girlpack everything, I'll do a looksee to see if the stuttering continues on the few problem packs I've identified. This will probably take a day or so to complete though.

Reactions: atmosphere1980

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
Sounds like something going on in the firstgirl logic--that only ever applies to scramble and never to normal. I'll have to take a look at that and get back to you.
I started a game of regular scramble (for the lowest number of packs) and eventually got her through a broker job, not in the regular recruitment pool.

I'll just attach the full JSON here in case it lets you spot something obvious:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I started a game of regular scramble (for the lowest number of packs) and eventually got her through a broker job, not in the regular recruitment pool.
Probably the recruitment logic then. If you can do me a favor and find a way to get the pack to me to check out I can see if it's something I need to do.

That said, a bit of a tip: Don't need to include defaulted entries. Your JSON can be reduced down:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is all you need. Everything else will go to default settings.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Hey Disgruntler do you plan on adding the little comedy scenes that used to come along with buying Nicole's (assistant) new jobs? I kind of miss the little bit of banter that used to come each time you wanted her to do something a little pervier. lol

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hey Disgruntler do you plan on adding the little comedy scenes that used to come along with buying Nicole's (assistant) new jobs? I kind of miss the little bit of banter that used to come each time you wanted her to do something a little pervier. lol
Writing is hard.

Actually it's more that me going into the dialog tree engine system and trying to make sense of it is lowgain effort.

Which isn't a no. It's just a 'uggggggghhh'.

• Haha
Reactions: vasua and Shardoom

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Writing is hard.

Actually it's more that me going into the dialog tree engine system and trying to make sense of it is lowgain effort.

Which isn't a no. It's just a 'uggggggghhh'.
Well at least it isn't a no. I understand though, creative writing is wayyy harder than people think. lol

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Well at least it isn't a no. I understand though, creative writing is wayyy harder than people think. lol
That and adding new dialog anything is rough, it's why I've done the beginning game tutorialization in a completely different way.

---

So, not even a third of the way through the webmification of my girlpacks folder and I've already successfully reduced my girlpack folder size by a huge amount. So I'll be doing this to the videos in the source for VCHH which should help get the filesize down.

Last edited:
Reactions: wormdogs

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Struggling to get connection points, in turn this is making it impossible to upgrade the club as after a while they ALL require connection.

I have bought every 'mafia' upgrade and have filled all 6 backroom 'jobs' with 200% girls but I'm currently making about 1 or 2 connection per night. I'm not sure if that's the amount you had intended for us to earn per night but that's pretty friggin torturous if it is.

Edit: I was extending too much. If I use a finisher as soon as it comes up (giggitty) then I appear to get a better rate of connections/night.
(I kind of like hitting extend and watching more though) :(

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Struggling to get connection points, in turn this is making it impossible to upgrade the club as after a while they ALL require connection.

I have bought every 'mafia' upgrade and have filled all 6 backroom 'jobs' with 200% girls but I'm currently making about 1 or 2 connection per night. I'm not sure if that's the amount you had intended for us to earn per night but that's pretty friggin torturous if it is.

Edit: I was extending too much. If I use a finisher as soon as it comes up (giggitty) then I appear to get a better rate of connections/night.
(I kind of like hitting extend and watching more though) :(
I usually devote some investor space to connection if I'm in Crown Jewels mode (because 100 connection is a grind) and have had recent success with builds that go hard into one work-type (usually Penetration Work+) but if you're really struggling, remember that the costume that gives rep, inf, and connection is a pretty substantial bonus. As well, working the broker every night once you're making 25+ influence will supplement your connection income.

Another trick I've used (if desperate) (which also works if you're trying to get investment customers to show up) is to grab a couple Snobs, set your modular booths to dance, and do hard churn. Connection is only gained when you finish a customer (either the moment of using a finisher, or when they leave if a finisher isn't available), and happiness does not impact it. (as opposed to Influence which is happiness based but only gained when you finish)

Reactions: Shardoom

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
I usually devote some investor space to connection if I'm in Crown Jewels mode (because 100 connection is a grind) and have had recent success with builds that go hard into one work-type (usually Penetration Work+) but if you're really struggling, remember that the costume that gives rep, inf, and connection is a pretty substantial bonus. As well, working the broker every night once you're making 25+ influence will supplement your connection income.

Another trick I've used (if desperate) (which also works if you're trying to get investment customers to show up) is to grab a couple Snobs, set your modular booths to dance, and do hard churn. Connection is only gained when you finish a customer (either the moment of using a finisher, or when they leave if a finisher isn't available), and happiness does not impact it. (as opposed to Influence which is happiness based but only gained when you finish)
I don't think the investor bonus of 'All clients provide more connection' actually works. I made sure I took investors with that but I still only get connection when finishing a (rare) suit icon customer.

Seriously, the suit icon customer seems to be MEGA RARE in my game. The criminal one shows up wayyyyy more often than the other.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I don't think the investor bonus of 'All clients provide more connection' actually works. I made sure I took investors with that but I still only get connection when finishing a (rare) suit icon customer.
It's a multiplier. Client has to produce connection to multiply. This does multiply with other connection multipliers though, such as the secretary, and the Wet-T-shirt line of costumes.

I can't have Politicians appear more often though because this becomes an undesirable nerf to Girl Next Door.

Seriously, the suit icon customer seems to be MEGA RARE in my game. The criminal one shows up wayyyyy more often than the other.
Yes, it do be like that. Politicians are rarer than Mafiosos. But common enough to be relatively consistant.

In my testing, I've actually found connection to be more than what I need, even in Crown Jewels mode, with possibly a small grind towards the end.

--------

In other news:

Still running the script that converts all the mp4s to webms on my girlpacks folder. Mine is based on ffmpeg and works as a windows batch file rather than a powershell script, and I can report it's doing a smashing job. I've shaved anywhere between 40-60 GB off of a 200 GB folder so far and it's still not done, so I'm definately going to be running this on the Nicole Aniston videos in the resources of the build when this is done.

Last edited:

stonechitlin

May 28, 2017
Still running the script that converts all the mp4s to webms on my girlpacks folder. Mine is based on ffmpeg and works as a windows batch file rather than a powershell script, and I can report it's doing a smashing job. I've shaved anywhere between 40-60 GB off of a 200 GB folder so far and it's still not done, so I'm definately going to be running this on the Nicole Aniston videos in the resources of the build when this is done.
Is that using just the command you linked above while having ffmpeg installed?

Code:
@echo off

for /f "delims="  %%m in ('dir /s /b *.mp4') do (
        echo Processing "%%m ..."
        d:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg -n -i "%%m" -vcodec vp8 "%%m.webm"
        echo "Waiting to delete %%m"
        timeout /T 5
        del /q "%%m"
)
I assume that version deletes after converting? Also, can it work from the girlpacks folder? or do you need to dive down deeper into the directory before running the script?

Thanks!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Is that using just the command you linked above while having ffmpeg installed?

Code:
@echo off

for /f "delims="  %%m in ('dir /s /b *.mp4') do (
        echo Processing "%%m ..."
        d:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg -n -i "%%m" -vcodec vp8 "%%m.webm"
        echo "Waiting to delete %%m"
        timeout /T 5
        del /q "%%m"
)
I assume that version deletes after converting? Also, can it work from the girlpacks folder? or do you need to dive down deeper into the directory before running the script?

Thanks!
1: Make sure the line that says 'd:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg' points to where you have the command installed.

2: You can run it right in the main Venus's Club folder and it will scour every folder and subfolder in your girlpacks.

3: It deletes the mp4s after converting

4: You can stop it at any time and resume it again later and it takes over where it left off.

Reactions: stonechitlin

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
1: Make sure the line that says 'd:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg' points to where you have the command installed.

2: You can run it right in the main Venus's Club folder and it will scour every folder and subfolder in your girlpacks.

3: It deletes the mp4s after converting

4: You can stop it at any time and resume it again later and it takes over where it left off.
I just gave this ago, it works and definitely reduces file sizes but my video quality took a pretty big hit.

I think I'm going to just leave them as they are or maybe do them bit by bit using 'Any Video Converter'. That one seems to be able to change mp4's into webm's without hurting the video quality.

gymogle

Feb 2, 2017
Loving the game and recent updates. Still find the early game a bit slow and grindy and late game takes off fast and you can just buy everything out of nowhere. Wouldn't know how to go about balancing that. But I noticed you already reduced some costs early on so thank you it's a great start.

My biggest issue would be with the girlpacks. I find many to be low quality or with not enough video variety. Or sometimes the videos are so out of place for a strip club setting it's silly. Like many girls have zero dancing. I know it's entirely up to what people make but I think I'd like some more Girlpacks (like 1 & 2 on the front page) that are more up to par.

Either way 10/10 keep up the good work.

Reactions: triver10

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
My biggest issue would be with the girlpacks. I find many to be low quality or with not enough video variety. Or sometimes the videos are so out of place for a strip club setting it's silly. Like many girls have zero dancing. I know it's entirely up to what people make but I think I'd like some more Girlpacks (like 1 & 2 on the front page) that are more up to par.
The best way to get girlpacks that satisfy you, is to make your own, or improve existing packs. Packs aren't that difficult, although they can be time consuming. If you want help, those of us that make packs will be happy to pass along tips and tricks.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes