What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I noticed in the section of the TUSC main post that says how it's different from VC, it says "it doesn't use Unity, but is web-based (and thus support several video codecs like vp9 and x265)." What's the best/quickest way to find out what codec a video uses (if I'm getting clips from somewhere else, or that I made for something else)?
Use a video player which shows the codec information, like VLC.

For VC there's some quirks here--Unity uses the OS's video player so it makes codec-eligibility platform specific. Webm is the only format that works on all platforms, and only vp9 in VC. vp8 does not work.

Couldn't tell you which is required in TUSC.

Reactions: rb813

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
Haven't played this game in a long while and I see many progresses has been made, which is really nice!

I've started playing Scramble with Crown Jewels and looks interesting. Surely increases the game's durability and sets some goals.

If I may name some things I'd improve:

1 - Some policies start when shouldn't. Way too often happens to see Foreplay scenes starting when just Pose is selected.
2 - Allow to resign investor contracts and start new ones. Maybe with some penalties/losses?
3 - Probably Brokers' tasks should last longer. 3 days is usually what you spend resting the girls, it's too easy to achieve.
4 - A filter to find the Crown Jewels once the girls pool is wide enough to forget who's who. Maybe there could be different "jewels levels"? Like bronze, silver, gold, where they provide different benefits and have different costs as well. Or require different tasks to unlock them... just thinking loud.
5 - It is possible to retire a girl from performing. What's the purpose of that? Also there is no coming back from this except firing and hiring her again.

Also if you may ever need icons, editings or anything concerning gfx and ui design I'd be pleased to help!

Can't wait to see further improvements, keep it up!

Last edited:

Generico Zayn

Jul 23, 2017
Is it a bug when a girl won't go above 0 openness from Dancing, or Lounge lessons?
Will using the Negotiator increase this girls Openness? (Not even sure if the Negotiator will work on this girl, too early in the playthrough to afford it.)

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
Is it a bug when a girl won't go above 0 openness from Dancing, or Lounge lessons?
Will using the Negotiator increase this girls Openness? (Not even sure if the Negotiator will work on this girl, too early in the playthrough to afford it.)
If the girl has "Brat" as her ability, she'll only gain openness from the Negotiator. Negotiator costs when using them on her are discounted to compensate, and she gains large chunks of openness at a time.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Haven't played this game in a long while and I see many progresses has been made, which is really nice!

I've started playing Scramble with Crown Jewels and looks interesting. Surely increases the game's durability and sets some goals.

If I may name some things I'd improve:

1 - Some policies start when shouldn't. Way too often happens to see Foreplay scenes starting when just Pose is selected.
Intended behavior for Booth Bunnies.

2 - Allow to resign investor contracts and start new ones. Maybe with some penalties/losses?
Been considering what to do about investor contracts to make them friendlier.

3 - Probably Brokers' tasks should last longer. 3 days is usually what you spend resting the girls, it's too easy to achieve.
3 days is because you have 3 slots. Longer than that and you end up messing up with the hiring rhythm. It was originally 4, and that wasn't working out.

4 - A filter to find the Crown Jewels once the girls pool is wide enough to forget who's who. Maybe there could be different "jewels levels"? Like bronze, silver, gold, where they provide different benefits and have different costs as well. Or require different tasks to unlock them... just thinking loud.
Backburner.

5 - It is possible to retire a girl from performing. What's the purpose of that? Also there is no coming back from this except firing and hiring her again.
Retirement is specifically for when you have too many girls to work and you want certain girls to stay out of the way of the workflow. It's a quality of life thing--all it does is remove them from work.

Also if you may ever need icons, editings or anything concerning gfx and ui design I'd be pleased to help!

Can't wait to see further improvements, keep it up!

Reactions: Vicissitudo

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
Also, in some cases it might just be that people put a foreplay clip in a pose folder, possibly?
Certainly possible, but Vicissitudo said it happens a lot. Video mistyping does happen, but I suspect Disgruntler has the right diagnosis.

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
Something I've been thinking ... possibly have Nicole or the Crown Jewels have the same affect on Investors as the Hustle Queens. That would give them a bit more ... oomph ... early in the game.

Getting to 100 popularity and landing a Crown Jewel when you're only at the late dancing or pose stage makes using the CJ a bit of overkill.

Just a thought that hit my pea-brain while I was struggling with no Hustle Queens to be found.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Is there any way to limit which girlpacks the game can select as a Crown Jewel? Does "inLottery:false" affect that at all? As it is, I'm not very interested in Crown Jewels because I'm afraid the game will pick some girls who aren't really my favorite (and if I only included my favorites in the game, there wouldn't be enough to do Crown Jewels in the first place).

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
jggold CaptC

I've done some portraits too, unfortunately in the early times so it only have portrait and portrait_small, but they are high quality andproper size. I personally like the progression it has been implemented which makes them less and less dressed.

Perhaps we could do a shared folder where to put all of them? Google drive could work too since are just small pictures and won't take much space.

I have full Adobe license and some experience, to me removing the backgrounds, cut, resize and/or add effects doesn't take much time at all. It's much more time consuming to find proper images (right lights, composition, size).

We could arrange few folders like "to-do", "partially done" and "done", or something like that.

Also I'm not really updated with all the changes that have been made after 8.1 since I dropped the game for a long while.
I'm considering to make a pack or two too in the future.

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
jggold CaptC

I've done some portraits too, unfortunately in the early times so it only have portrait and portrait_small, but they are high quality andproper size. I personally like the progression it has been implemented which makes them less and less dressed.

Perhaps we could do a shared folder where to put all of them? Google drive could work too since are just small pictures and won't take much space.

I have full Adobe license and some experience, to me removing the backgrounds, cut, resize and/or add effects doesn't take much time at all. It's much more time consuming to find proper images (right lights, composition, size).

We could arrange few folders like "to-do", "partially done" and "done", or something like that.

Also I'm not really updated with all the changes that have been made after 8.1 since I dropped the game for a long while.
I'm considering to make a pack or two too in the future.
I'm interested, and would offer my existing portraits directory for publishing. We will have to resolve any differences between our conceptions of what a finished set looks like, and create a way of file sharing unfinished packs.

Good news that you are interested in packs, too! The additional file structures added by TUSC are the only real differences added since v8.1, I think, and those are entirely optional. Still, I recommend figuring out where TUSC takes it's additional content files from. It's pretty intuitive, they just have subdirectories off the /videos directory for spa (massages, both getting and giving), gloryhole, and gym. Finishes specifically for those activities can be included in a separate finisher subdirectory.

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
I'm interested, and would offer my existing portraits directory for publishing. We will have to resolve any differences between our conceptions of what a finished set looks like, and create a way of file sharing unfinished packs.

Good news that you are interested in packs, too! The additional file structures added by TUSC are the only real differences added since v8.1, I think, and those are entirely optional. Still, I recommend figuring out where TUSC takes it's additional content files from. It's pretty intuitive, they just have subdirectories off the /videos directory for spa (massages, both getting and giving), gloryhole, and gym. Finishes specifically for those activities can be included in a separate finisher subdirectory.
I've checked your girlpack list and I think is the most complete and updated. Also great job with the portrait updates link, that must have taken a lot of effort...

I'm fine with whatever a set should look like, I'll use my conception and tastes on my own packs only.

I've only made 3 packs so far but eventually I'll have to update them for TUSC.
Talking about that, is there a directory for TUSC packs too? Or a way to check/filter packs?

Thanks!

CaptC

Nov 20, 2019
I've checked your girlpack list and I think is the most complete and updated. Also great job with the portrait updates link, that must have taken a lot of effort...

I'm fine with whatever a set should look like, I'll use my conception and tastes on my own packs only.

I've only made 3 packs so far but eventually I'll have to update them for TUSC.
Talking about that, is there a directory for TUSC packs too? Or a way to check/filter packs?

Thanks!
A properly constructed TUSC pack is completely usable by VC games. For that matter, a properly constructed VC pack is completely usable by TUSC, it just won't activate certain optional performances.

So separate databases for each game make little sense to me.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Is there any way to limit which girlpacks the game can select as a Crown Jewel? Does "inLottery:false" affect that at all? As it is, I'm not very interested in Crown Jewels because I'm afraid the game will pick some girls who aren't really my favorite (and if I only included my favorites in the game, there wouldn't be enough to do Crown Jewels in the first place).
I haven't included a functionality to reject a girl from being a Crown Jewel (which is an oversight on my side) but you can force a girl to be generated as a Crown Jewel by setting her as one with the following line in her Description.JSON file:

JSON:
"Power": 25,
and if you start a CJ game, she'll be on your CJ list.

Reactions: JennaJJ

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
and if you start a CJ game, she'll be on your CJ list.
Is that true for Scramble Mode with Crown Jewels?

Perhaps we could do a shared folder where to put all of them?
I'm all for it. I have a Dropbox account that I can share once I remove some personal files from it.

I'm in the process of renovating the 700+ packs I've grabbed (about 100 I made and 600+ from others) to remove the rearward portrait and add a portrait100 with full nudity. I'm more about continuity in the look of the portraits in the game so I tend to avoid photos with a male performer or with a girl sitting or crouching (weird quirk, I know). All my portraits are standing, solo (and with shoes -- another quirk, I guess ... didn't know I had so many :) )

I also have Photoshop and I've done some portraits for others who had packs that I didn't want to use. I have no problem chipping in.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Is that true for Scramble Mode with Crown Jewels?
Great question. Also, what happens if you add that line to more than five girls? Will it just select randomly between those, or will the game get confused and fall apart?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Great question. Also, what happens if you add that line to more than five girls? Will it just select randomly between those, or will the game get confused and fall apart?
Excellent questions.

The logic for Scramble and Nonscramble modes are identical: Before it does anything else it checks all the girls marked with the CJ trait in their girlpack and picks 5 from that shortlist. Any extras have their trait removed and replaced with no trait.

Scramble mode's trait assignment isn't until later, when a girl shows up in the hiring list, so the two work with each other properly.

Reactions: rb813 and jggold

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
That sounds like just the solution I was looking for. Out of curiosity, what happens if you do "Power": 12, or something like that? Will any number other than 25 just have no effect on CJ, or will it be like a weighted random, where the girls at 25 are twice at likely (but not guaranteed) to be picked as the girls at 12?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That sounds like just the solution I was looking for. Out of curiosity, what happens if you do "Power": 12, or something like that? Will any number other than 25 just have no effect on CJ, or will it be like a weighted random, where the girls at 25 are twice at likely (but not guaranteed) to be picked as the girls at 12?
None of the above. Each value corresponds to a different specific trait. (Each new trait gets a new higher number in order for backwards compat)

Check out the first post of this thread, under developer notes. You'll see I have the specific values laid out.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes