What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
I think that does happen in the newer version.
Just a greyed out button would not solve the frequent questions about the game modes. It is simply good UI design to inform a user properly about why something is not available and vice versa. Any functionality that requires out-of-game sources for an explanation is simply not considered good design - plus it 'steals' valuable time of the developer for unnecessary tasks like answering the same question just here over and over again instead of allowing him/her to actually further the code or fine-tune the design. :)

jond2760

Oct 23, 2018
So how far can you actually progress with Nicole? I don't see anything past the tennis date and the Nicole Aniston girlpack I downloaded didn't change anything.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Would you mind adding this info (scramble mode/crown-jewels) plus some very basic description ingame for those 2 game modes - i noticed that this is one of the most asked question coming up again and again. Would probably save you a lot of unnecessary answering here as well ;)
As for your recommendation: The perfect solution would probably be some extra code that quickly checks the number of subdirectories in the girlpack folder and reports back with some kind of recommendation based on that - just as an idea. Or grey out button when there are not enough packs and change text with that info. Since the game checks the girlpacks at startup anyways this should probably be the easiest time to implement that extra check.
Noted. This is good advice, and something I overlooked. The check is in there, but it can be conveyed a bit better.

Reactions: tooldev

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
So how far can you actually progress with Nicole? I don't see anything past the tennis date and the Nicole Aniston girlpack I downloaded didn't change anything.
The girlpack would just function like a separate girl. You probably need to go back to the first date and collect the sex icons that occasionally appear. If you're still getting the dress icons, then you need to collect those until she's all naked, after which the sex icons will replace them.

Reactions: jond2760

sibiloo

Jul 7, 2021
You just need to keep working through the initial tutorial part of the game, and then the opportunity to earn connection will open up. You can also modify the girl's JSON file to not require connection if you want to have her right at the beginning.
where is that tutorial?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Maybe it doesn't work with Win 11
It's dev'd on a Win 11 system.

The issue is, telling me how much memory someone has doesn't tell me if there's a memory leak, if the garbage collection isn't working, if there's an infinite loop of object creation happening, where the crash is occuring or what script is running that could be causing the crash, if it's the unity-crashes-into-crash-report situation or if it's just shutting down, or if someone is just running too much stuff at once, or if it's just Unity doing Unity things.

It doesn't tell me the bare minimum I need to actually solve the problem (or determine if the problem is fixable on my end.)

I suggest updating your video drivers, running it on a fresh restart, see if those help. See if it's consistant. And test with other Unity games as well. There have been times when the Unity build-of-the-day just lead to a bunch of Unity games crashing randomly.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
why you are not so smart
Well - how about the smart move and calling up your event viewer in windows and checking for any messages related to the application that fails?
Apply minimum smarts to achieve maximum knowledge.

Idk_SFM

Mar 21, 2020
my connection is stuck at 4.3 and it won't go any higher did I break the game and is there a way to fix this?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
my connection is stuck at 4.3 and it won't go any higher did I break the game and is there a way to fix this?
You'll get a trickle of connection rarely until you buy the upgrade from the mafia that increases the rate you get influence and connection. From there, make sure you're upgrading secretaries and using someone suited to the backend job.

If you have a snob and a bunch of modular rooms you can set everything to dance, you can then quickly work and churn out people with quick dances to maximize the number of connection-giving people you encounter. Alternatively, buy the costume that shortens booth time. Connection, unlike other resources, doesn't scale with happiness so less time = more customers = more chances a politician shows up.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
you can then quickly work and churn out people with quick dances
Are dances quicker than the other work types? This is something that's really concerned me when I'm making new clips for girlpacks; what is the runtime at which you'll just never see any further footage from that clip, and is that number different for different types of clips?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Are dances quicker than the other work types? This is something that's really concerned me when I'm making new clips for girlpacks; what is the runtime at which you'll just never see any further footage from that clip, and is that number different for different types of clips?
Dances and Poses are generally quicker because they do not normally get extended--so you don't need to plan for that in case of clips.

The reason I made that suggestion is specifically for churning connection/investors and it uses the Snob traits, which cuts dances and poses short prematurely, or failing that, the costume which lowers booth time. This means you get more customer pops which means more chances to see the politician/investor. Both of those only require the girl show up to the booth, and do not scale with time or happiness.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The reason I made that suggestion is specifically for churning connection/investors and it uses the Snob traits, which cuts dances and poses short prematurely
Oh yeah, I missed the part about using Snob. My bad.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes