VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm afraid the sheer originality of such a plot would make the universe implode! D:
Still any setup when the characters are written well can work, just what many people forget it is even harder to write a real good game about such a mundane overused situation and not easier. Most fall just in the trap of overusing same memes, while especially in such a setup the characters and how they interact and develop are super important and just a twist is not enough if want to standout.

Reactions: TheDevian

F1forhalp

SOTD: Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (live)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
looks like the game wants to use the openGL, may just change settings to use somethign else.
not too keen on that setting location, should be in one of the .ini files. possible other choices like DirectX or WinAPI not sure which available with this game.

DBLover

Jan 29, 2019
Well, sucks to be you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joking. It's the first time I've seen this error, do you have more context? From what I could find quickly:

This seems like it would trigger only when the window is bigger than the player's screen.
It is most likely, because it is the first time that error has happened to me in a renpy :(

I actually have the same problem, fixed it by changing the resolution on gui.rpy, i still can't play it but apparently it's because my PC is so bad that it can't run the software renderer, sucks to be me i guess
Oh ... And what do I have to configure? To see if I can solve it.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Reached the point, caught up with the Dev on this game. You may wonder, which path? Both actually, two sets of saves, one for each, and though I personally like the Freyda path better so far, the Gudrid path is kinda sweet too. Both of which, very curious to see where this game goes. Thank you so much for this, and looking forward for more.

Reactions: Huitieme

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Oh boy, it's even better/worse than that. I think I might have to do a Freydis-Warrior run, Gudrid-Scholar run, and then a Scholarrior run for each. God forbid, maybe the game is similar enough after the ships that I can get away with a single Scholarrior run.

... Oh, who am I kidding, I'll want a full run for both anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Huitieme

Guina

Dec 19, 2018
Oh ... And what do I have to configure? To see if I can solve it.
What i did was open gui.rpy with the notepad, typed ctrl+f and searched for the current resolution values, by default it's 1080 and 1920, i then put smaller ones and saved, and that's pretty much it, i hope it works out for you

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes