VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Would I have to replay the prologue to be an asshole ? I've only played the update loading the saves from the end of the prologue so I don't remember the decisions there :p
Yeah, how you react in the prologue will shape in good part the kind of guy you are. Benevolent? Stupid? Asshole? That's up to you buddy ;)

I think keeping "I would love to cum on your tongue" in french "J'adorerais jouir dans votre bouche" would have been funnier, having players as clueless as MC and needing to look it up :p
Could have been funny, yes, but it would also mean non-french speaking players would have to leave the game at this moment to look at what it means, and the scene would lose its momentum :/

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Could have been funny, yes, but it would also mean non-french speaking players would have to leave the game at this moment to look at what it means, and the scene would lose its momentum :/
How about some fancy coding that would pop up the translation? ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, how you react in the prologue will shape in good part the kind of guy you are. Benevolent? Stupid? Asshole? That's up to you buddy ;)

That is sort of what happens when the MC needs to either say a line in Latin or a line in Greek to Gudrid, though . . . unless you don't mind telling her she probably likes sodomy. :unsure:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Can't get it to even start on my machine!
View attachment 492358
Ok, this is weird and shouldn't happen. The bug is fixed in the new version, but I'm still waiting for more feedback before launching it :/
The label has indeed been defined twice (my bad), but I'm really curious as to why it works on most machines and doesn't work for two players so far :x

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Ok, this is weird and shouldn't happen. The bug is fixed in the new version, but I'm still waiting for more feedback before launching it :/
The label has indeed been defined twice (my bad), but I'm really curious as to why it works on most machines and doesn't work for two players so far :x
It could be caused by a faulty zip extraction

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
I had this error with renpy developer mode enabled. When I disabled devmode I could launch game without problem.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
there's an easy fix for that error:
1. unren the game
2. open the chapter1sg.rpy file and search for 'chapter2intro'
3. change all the occurrence of that to 'chapter2introa'
4. trash the 'archive.rpa' file
game will run just fine after that.
That's right.
Next updates will have the .rpy files available so I can run quick fixes on them.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
They are far too modern for Viking women. Once again imposing our norms on history. Make it a fantasy and dont try to be accurate. There is so much wrong here. They are probably wearing knickers.
Just eliminating historical fiction altogether seems a bit drastic... guess we can throw out Ivanhoe, Morte d'Arthur, most of Shakespeare and Wolf Hall in one fell swoop :LOL: Anyway, this is a comedy - different rules.

I do hope that they're not wearing knickers, tho.

Great game, Huitieme - I think this establishes you as one of the best artists on the site, and it is extremely amusing. Can I just check that I'm not an idiot and managed to miss any sex scenes?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Great game, Huitieme - I think this establishes you as one of the best artists on the site, and it is extremely amusing.
Can I just check that I'm not an idiot and managed to miss any sex scenes?
I confirm. This chapter is still pretty much exposition, getting you to know the girls a little bit and maybe, maybe, get smooched as well. A bit of sexiness here and there.
At the end of Freydis' path, whichever the choices you've made in the run, you're going to see some bonus render tho ;)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I do hope that they're not wearing knickers, tho.
Ow .. THEY COULDN'T AFFORD THEM THOSE TIMES ... also hard cloth+cold=rash!
DAMES DID NOT NEED NOR WANT STUPID STRINGS UP IN THEIR C...
Well, just so you know, women in those times used to wear underwear anyway (just nothing modern, of course), and I do intend to play with that expectation.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
stupid gudrid husband cockblocker... wanna ntr him now.

edit: thanks for the game, btw
Good luck with that!

I confirm. This chapter is still pretty much exposition, getting you to know the girls a little bit and maybe, maybe, get smooched as well. A bit of sexiness here and there.
At the end of Freydis' path, whichever the choices you've made in the run, you're going to see some bonus render tho ;)
Those renders are lacking in numbers.... And there should've been an animation

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018

Yeah - big fan of the bonus renders :p I really can't fault this update - although the end of the prologue bit almost gave me a heart attack when it said 'Thanks for playing' - you might need to take that out now :LOL:

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes