Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
rolperez Our systems are very similar apart from my card being the 2080Ti; My VaM folder is just under 300gb and load times are not bad; have you tried clearing your VaM cache occasionally? If you use a lot of different scenes it can grow to an enormous size. In Windows (assume Win10) I have set my page file to a different drive to W10 and a fixed size 16384mb. That makes a positive difference generally. Try these things and let me know if you see an improvement.
How much RAM that you need a pagefile?
I've 40GB but VaM here never uses more than 15GB. So I removed the pagefile (before anyone explains me, I know the risk)

Apr 15, 2020
Would you share first please Linda and Caroline?
you must have missed it here: https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...s-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/post-5268909

i'm going to be revising Celia fore SURE to a 1.5 version, also making tweaks to Linda & Caroline so i might do a 1.5 for all 3 of those looks but you can download those 3 at that link.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
Anyone have a

elizabeth cuthbert

or

elizabeth olsen ?

and anyone have

and the clothing : AmineKunai.Chinese_Red_Dress_Set.latest

and these

Zman.Z_Basic_Lingerie_Set.latest

Zman.Z_CRUX_Sweet_Rebel.latest

and these girls lol

thanks

Last edited:

Jeriho3

Aug 13, 2019
I don't think having the same amount of resources in seperate vars or a single var will make a difference. But I'd be happy to hear about a real test.
It's not the same amount of resources because you don't have duplicate files after you make the pack.

All of my scenes and looks are now in mega packs of creators (and a big pack for creators that have few scenes/looks).
From my experience everything is just faster, from fps to loading. I can't prove it but the overall feeling is so much better.
Everything is organized and easy to find, I eliminated all of the unnecessary dependencies/duplicates, saved more space and probably more things that I can't think of.
A creator released something new? just drag and drop the the files to your mega pack and you good to go.

I really think that every creator should start making mega packs and when he releasing something new just tell the people to do the same - drag and drop the new files.

Just delete the stuff you don't want if you don't want the whole mega pack and just want certain things...

Last edited:

Androinz

Jun 17, 2019
Is it ?
Lets wait and see ;)
If a creator I am supporting who asks for money on Patreon proceeds to share his paid work on somewhere else for free, I would be mad. So yeah, it's obvious and I am not going to share my paid scenes for free. Sorry.

My stuff is already leaked tho, so I don't know what's with the attitude :D I am just saying that you'll not get it from me.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
If a creator I am supporting who asks for money on Patreon proceeds to share his paid work on somewhere else for free, I would be mad.
You aren't everyone, it is your fear driving your decisions the fear of the unknown the fear of the what can't be ;)

Last edited:

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
How much RAM that you need a pagefile?
I've 40GB but VaM here never uses more than 15GB. So I removed the pagefile (before anyone explains me, I know the risk)
Disabling your paging file can make Windows unstable and crash more frequently. If you don't care for increasing the range, just leave it at the default values, paging file is actually required by some programs to function. The only real purpose for increasing the paging file is to resolve "out of memory" errors.

Mystyx

Mar 19, 2019
It's not the same amount of resources because you don't have duplicate files after you make the pack.

All of my scenes and looks are now in mega packs of creators (and a big pack for creators that have few scenes/looks).
From my experience everything is just faster, from fps to loading. I can't prove it but the overall feeling is so much better.
Everything is organized and easy to find, I eliminated all of the unnecessary dependencies/duplicates, saved more space and probably more things that I can't think of.
A creator released something new? just drag and drop the the files to your mega pack and you good to go.

I really think that every creator should start making mega packs and when he releasing something new just tell the people to do the same - drag and drop the new files.

Just delete the stuff you don't want if you don't want the whole mega pack and just want certain things...
The biggest issue is that some 'creators' just dump in whatever files they need in their vars. So in some cases theres 5-10 times the same piece of cloting or morphs.

This really is a collective effort and people should stop doing that. They should reference the original cloting.var or morph.var instead.

I dont think dumping everything in one big var is the solution, yes short term it will fix it but you still cant find anything and its absolutely atrocious if you want to change a specific thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: keycode and eponge

eponge

Oct 21, 2017

So everyone would have his own mega pack. This would become the end of var system as you can reliably depend on someone else pack.
By packing all of a single creator, you might remove duplicates within the same creator (as long as he puts it in the same place), but you won't spot dups among 2 different creators. Not convinced about that single advantage of mega pack.
You could have a megamegapack, that is, a single var in addonspackages.
Anyway, you still need to reref the shit.
I don't think it's the solution for speed, at best a placebo. It is a solution for quick packing as I said, which makes sense.

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Disabling your paging file can make Windows unstable and crash more frequently. If you don't care for increasing the range, just leave it at the default values, paging file is actually required by some programs to function. The only real purpose for increasing the paging file is to resolve "out of memory" errors.
Disabling swap will make an OS crash if it runs out of RAM. I have plenty. So by design, it doesn't need it. I don't want the OS to use a single paged byte, so to make sure, I disable it.
And I only use windows for 2 games. For the rest, I use something reliable :)

Last edited:

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
The biggest issue is that some 'creators' just dump in whatever files they need in their vars. So in some cases theres references to 5-10 times the same piece of cloting or morphs.

This really is a collective effort and people should stop doing that. They should reference the original cloting.var or morph.var instead.

I dont think dumping everything in one big var is the solution, yes short term it will fix it but you still cant find anything and its absolutely atrocious if you want to change a specific thing.
Collaborative effort. Yeah. So not going to happen :) You still see people sharing content as old format (maybe to avoid dups and zip overhead?).
I'm also annoyed by how the versionning is presented in vam. If SexyShoes.1 is integrated in SuperScene.2 it will show as SexyShoes.2 .. which is correct.. unless people pack unchanged content in their own var.

• Haha
Reactions: WetZoner

Jeriho3

Aug 13, 2019
The biggest issue is that some 'creators' just dump in whatever files they need in their vars. So in some cases theres references to 5-10 times the same piece of cloting or morphs.

I totally agree with that but with the big packs method you can "fix" all of those duplicates morphs/hair/clothes in 5 minutes using VACUUM and redirect them to the original var.

The creator can make a separate var for each release for people who want specific stuff.

Reactions: eponge

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
here's
Aasiya
Felia
someone has already uploaded all the others
https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...ments-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/page-205
can you repsot pls ?

here's
Aasiya
Felia
someone has already uploaded all the others
https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...ments-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/page-205

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020

• Love
Reactions: SpAqMy

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
I totally agree with that but with the big packs method you can "fix" all of those duplicates morphs/hair/clothes in 5 minutes using VACUUM and redirect them to the original var.
Oh I see you run vacuum in between. Mmmh ok. Have to try that tool again.

Jeriho3

Aug 13, 2019
So everyone would have his own mega pack. This would become the end of var system as you can reliably depend on someone else pack.
By packing all of a single creator, you might remove duplicates within the same creator (as long as he puts it in the same place), but you won't spot dups among 2 different creators. Not convinced about that single advantage of mega pack.
You could have a megamegapack, that is, a single var in addonspackages.
Anyway, you still need to reref the shit.
I don't think it's the solution for speed, at best a placebo. It is a solution for quick packing as I said, which makes sense.
I'm not talking about clothes, hairs and stuff like that, they are pain in the ass to organize in a megapack. I'm talking about scenes and looks.
Most stuff that are depended are clothes/hairs/textures - they are an easy fix for creators.

I've made like 60 packs and from experience I can tell you that most of the references are for bullshit stuff like morphs and hairs.

"Not convinced about that single advantage of mega pack" - remove all your vars and morphs from your main VAM folder and see for yourself...

Oh I see you run vacuum in between. Mmmh ok. Have to try that tool again.
I only use Vacuum, I've never touched the var packaging system in VAM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes