Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Does anyone have anal beads asset?
There's one asset with different colours in here -->

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: actually not exactly anal beads. I'm sure I saw some.

Others here: . They are also available as vars.

Last edited:

mambo_no_1

Jan 12, 2020
guys can anyone help me how to create an animation to take the dildo in hand? in a simple way thanks
animations are quite hard to do in vam, you need to do key frame animation, the easiest way to do it is using something like acidbubbles animator. It has a steep learning curve to understand how to do key animations properly. check it out.

Deleted member 1647502

Sep 13, 2019
I don't like to load my VAM with unnecessary VARs, but I have a huge collection of VARs in a separate folder. What I've been doing when adding in a VAR to use, is I do symbolic links into my VAM folder of choice. Then I load VAM, open the package manager, and look at the list of missing VARs there, either for all VARs that VAM tried to load, or specific to the exact VAR that I just added.

Either way, I go down the list with the File Explorer window from Windows open on a separate screen and drag and drop the missing VARs from my collection folder into AddonPackages for the VAM folder I'm using -- except again, I add as symbolic links.

Then, reload packages and repeat the process for newly identified missing reference VARs.

It's very manual and demanding of time. If VAM can identify which reference VARs are needed by peeking into the meta.json of the VAR, why can't a third-party tool? Imagine a tool where you can assign a REPO folder, and a target VAM folder, and where you can pick the VARs you want to add (as symbolic links) to the target VAM folder, and it can do all the stuff I'm doing manually, except automatically. It will add the VAR, check for missing references, make symbolic links to the reference VARs that are in the REPO folder, too, and rinse and repeat until all references are resolved or there is a set of reference VARs that are missing and not in the REPO directory.

That would be so cool. I just don't have time to make this tool, but I'm wondering if someone else already has in some way, or wants to take a crack at it?

mambo_no_1

Jan 12, 2020
I don't like to load my VAM with unnecessary VARs, but I have a huge collection of VARs in a separate folder. What I've been doing when adding in a VAR to use, is I do symbolic links into my VAM folder of choice. Then I load VAM, open the package manager, and look at the list of missing VARs there, either for all VARs that VAM tried to load, or specific to the exact VAR that I just added.

Either way, I go down the list with the File Explorer window from Windows open on a separate screen and drag and drop the missing VARs from my collection folder into AddonPackages for the VAM folder I'm using -- except again, I add as symbolic links.

Then, reload packages and repeat the process for newly identified missing reference VARs.

It's very manual and demanding of time. If VAM can identify which reference VARs are needed by peeking into the meta.json of the VAR, why can't a third-party tool? Imagine a tool where you can assign a REPO folder, and a target VAM folder, and where you can pick the VARs you want to add (as symbolic links) to the target VAM folder, and it can do all the stuff I'm doing manually, except automatically. It will add the VAR, check for missing references, make symbolic links to the reference VARs that are in the REPO folder, too, and rinse and repeat until all references are resolved or there is a set of reference VARs that are missing and not in the REPO directory.

That would be so cool. I just don't have time to make this tool, but I'm wondering if someone else already has in some way, or wants to take a crack at it?
i can create something like this in C#, can the community come together and form a list of requirements on some kind of application like this?
the main problem i have is, i have 250gb of vars and there are some looks i dont like, there are even some clothes i dont like but i am too scared to delete anything, i had a bad experience when i had my previous installation of VAM and i deleted some looks cause i didnt like them and all hell broke lose with the looks i liked. let me see if i can get some thing done about this some kind of var manager.

Main things i would think of as features would be :
- scan for duplicates
- do a full scan of vars and extract all images so i can select what to delete and not by the image.
- show dependancies for a var and depenants, so i can see a var and see how many other vars this depends on and how many vars depend on this, so i can make smart choices.
- allow creator filters

anything else you guys can think of?

mrbuttman

Apr 20, 2020
Can anyone share these two? Thanks!

poiuzxcklj

Mar 31, 2020

might have been said, but you don't need to resolve missing dependencies. I have a ton cause I generally don't need something a scene comes with (I won't install postmagic for instance).

Deleted member 1647502

Sep 13, 2019
i can create something like this in C#, can the community come together and form a list of requirements on some kind of application like this?
the main problem i have is, i have 250gb of vars and there are some looks i dont like, there are even some clothes i dont like but i am too scared to delete anything, i had a bad experience when i had my previous installation of VAM and i deleted some looks cause i didnt like them and all hell broke lose with the looks i liked. let me see if i can get some thing done about this some kind of var manager.
How cool to hear! Thanks, mambo_no_1 ! Your scenario isn't exactly like the one I describe. You seem to have an established structure that you don't want to risk changing. My request is for a VAR management tool that manages which VAR symbolic links exist in your VAM installation.

Main things i would think of as features would be :
- scan for duplicates
- do a full scan of vars and extract all images so i can select what to delete and not by the image.
- show dependancies for a var and depenants, so i can see a var and see how many other vars this depends on and how many vars depend on this, so i can make smart choices.
- allow creator filters
1. Scanning for duplicates is cool and all, but there are already other tools for this.
2. Extracting the images from VARs sounds interesting. But could be very intensive on resources and not sure if it's always needed. Now if you were creating a VAR explorer, where you could step through the list of your VARs and it shows you what the first-depth images in that VAR, that might be very helpful for identifying what the VAR is (if it has images).
3. Dependency graph visualization seems pretty large in scope. Though a really cool feature is what you are suggesting that there is some understanding, based from all the VARs you have in your REPO, how many different VARs rely on the VAR, and which are they. That'd be cool for deciding if a VAR is worth keeping.
4. Creator filters are cool, but so would be like tag filters. If the program allowed for you to have meta-data associations that don't change the file itself, maybe those are things to filter on as well.

I'd like to see the following:
A. The ability to designate a REPO, where all my VARs exist.
B. The ability to peruse my REPO vars, and choose from them which I want to add to a specific VAM installation (TARGET).
C. The ability to resolve needed dependencies, that also exist in my REPO vars, or might exist on the Hub, and have them also added to the VAM installation --- without having to open VAM.
D. VARs would be installed by symbolic link in order to save hard drive space and not create redudant files.

might have been said, but you don't need to resolve missing dependencies. I have a ton cause I generally don't need something a scene comes with (I won't install postmagic for instance).
True, but most people won't know what is in each VAR expressed as a missing VAR reference. When I get the names, it doesn't tell me exactly what it is trying to use from that VAR.

mambo_no_1 , this would be another cool feature!
E. The ability to know what is being referenced from a dependency VAR by the VAR I am wanting to open.

anything else you guys can think of?
Thanks for engaging the community and being open to build something like this! I would love to hear what other users would like!

Reactions: RyanG02 and Teghee

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
- allow creator filters
I'm doing this. I have a list of creators (have to add a few btw) who
* know how to pack a var
* won't pull an amazing amount of dependencies.
* do not depend on non original content
For the others its a manual verification if I'm interested in the creation.
For some blacklisted, I don't even download their creations, they keep on doing the same problematic vars. I don't blame them, they probably have good creations but are bad at packing and their creations end up slowing down my machine.
From time to time I reevaluate the list of nominated lol or new creators.

Rewriting vars is a much more complex task. You need to build a dependency graph and work out this graph. And you need some manual intervention to ask the user in which place is the original content. For example you detect Creator1 bundled Creator2 work. So you rewrite Creator1 work to remove and depend on Creator2 work. Later you realize Creator3 depends on Creator1 bundled work so you broke Creator3.

Not impossible to do but... do you really want to correct this shit because some people just don't care? I extract interesting things from these creators and pack my own stuff. It's rarely the case, in general their content is average or low quality in fact.
Well in my case, I'm quite picky on girls erm looks which are the worse for the matter. Clothes are quite self contained and there's usually no dups.
But for scenes which I like to test, an overlaying system would be cool and relatively easy to do. Maybe even without much coding, just at the filesystem layer.
Download a scene which dowloads its dependency. And then you have a button delete scene and dependencies. Done.

Remember, in the end, VaM doesn't even have a real database for so much content. Even with rewriting to perfect vars, it will still be suboptimal. At the moment, I went from 700GB (or maybe a TB) to 100GB of really good(tm) content and its fast.
It's actually counter productive when you want to design a scene and have so much content. On my side I'd like to have a sorting with toplevel of Clothes, Assets, Scenes, Looks and inside vars. But then the flattening only works on the toplevel directory.
Contrary to some, I wouldn't go back to flat Custom/ etc.. dirs. Was such a mess. It could only be a mess.

I really hope next VaM will adress the problem of sorting and browsing. Also maybe a design that can scale for bigger collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes