Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2018
thank u for ur effort...it look nice...im like u trying to replica the look but the hair preset seem hard to find...definitely gonna use ur look and i will try to improve it if i can...thank u very much for ur share...that's a lot of effort u doing right there sir...kudos
Thank you for you kind words, i really do work hard when i first begin but i ask for no money just real thoughts about my work.
I hope i can do better but like i said before this is only my first post.
I do not want to say anything bad about other creators but i hope they put similar amount of effort or more into their work when asking for money.
I really hope i can help raise the overall quality of what is expected from everyone that makes stuff and things for vam (especially the ones asking for cash)
I hope you like it and i know i (myself) can improve a lot with what what i want to do with this.

I do not view you as a cashgrab opportunity but rather a way to improve on overall quality for something i like alot by sharing my ideas and maybe someday be a good influence on others trying to add to the editor.

Thank you very much for all the help and constructive criticism, that is what i like most with this thread.
You all make it worth making things for free more than any ammount of money ever can.
(but if you want to see alot more i really would love it if we could take it a step further)
I am not asking for any any money but i am saying it would not hurt with some help, i am at the moment uing a 10 year old cpu and i do not see any room for me to upgrade this in the near future.
but please do not pity me (i hate that shit) i only want to help taking this to the next step :)

I love you all no matter what you think or beleive!

I just ordered one more 1tb ssd so now i will have 2tb in total "yay" lol (and now i can not afford to eat for 3 weeks) i do this for all of you because you have helped me so much in vam and i want to help back by creating stuff and things like no one else does yet.
(Some people say they live for creating things, but i would die for it...)

This is what i run now and i struggle with just using vam, i hope it can be better one day.
Does anyone here run similar cpu and maybe know a way to make it work better?
I also use a 1070 rog but it is old now, i only hope Meshed will make better use of the hardware of the future but my hopes is low at the moment, i heard they do not want to support any new tech (because of bullshit reasons i guess) and that just makes me sad. Why not do the opposite and make everything available now usable? (i am really starting to think they just do not have the "know-how" yet but are abusing poor excuses to get by to be free from any judgement) i really do love vam but they also really need to use modern day pc power, i can not see why not. it can only be a good thing...

I used to run an i7-7000Series and sli 1070 until my computer died, now i can only afford a shitty one but it runs only 20% worse (that is insane!!!) Wth is going on with the devs of the software here? please tell me if you can.

Cpu....jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dramythys
Apr 22, 2018
Do you have this..Liquid dripping"czgt959000。Thank you
I do beleive i included something like that in my upload, but i really have no idea of names. (there was a dripping asset tough)
maybe it works.
Also what is the file you linked 2? i am scared to dl something this weird :)

birdonawire

Aug 25, 2021
Thank you for you kind words, i really do work hard when i first begin but i ask for no money just real thoughts about my work.
I hope i can do better but like i said before this is only my first post.
I do not want to say anything bad about other creators but i hope they put similar amount of effort or more into their work when asking for money.
I really hope i can help raise the overall quality of what is expected from everyone that makes stuff and things for vam (especially the ones asking for cash)
I hope you like it and i know i (myself) can improve a lot with what what i want to do with this.

I do not view you as a cashgrab opportunity but rather a way to improve on overall quality for something i like alot by sharing my ideas and maybe someday be a good influence on others trying to add to the editor.

Thank you very much for all the help and constructive criticism, that is what i like most with this thread.
You all make it worth making things for free more than any ammount of money ever can.
(but if you want to see alot more i really would love it if we could take it a step further)
I am not asking for any any money but i am saying it would not hurt with some help, i am at the moment uing a 10 year old cpu and i do not see any room for me to upgrade this in the near future.
but please do not pity me (i hate that shit) i only want to help taking this to the next step :)

I love you all no matter what you think or beleive!

I just ordered one more 1tb ssd so now i will have 2tb in total "yay" lol (and now i can not afford to eat for 3 weeks) i do this for all of you because you have helped me so much in vam and i want to help back by creating stuff and things like no one else does yet.
(Some people say they live for creating things, but i would die for it...)

This is what i run now and i struggle with just using vam, i hope it can be better one day.
Does anyone here run similar cpu and maybe know a way to make it work better?

View attachment 1375529
Hi,

Others and myself have mentioned this before but the performance problems you see really only have one solution. A newer version of vam that actually uses more than 1 cpu core AND actually takes advantage of the GPU/FPU for math processing. The engine the current version of vam uses does not take advantage of multiple cpu's or the gpu both because of how meshed coded it but more the limitations of the game engine he used. This 'SHOULD' be resolved in release 2.0 when that drops maybe this year but more likely early next. There are tiny tweaks you can do to give you MAYBE 1 or 2 frames boost but nothing to improve it to the level you see other vr stuff running at.
The good thing is Meshed is aware of these issues and is serious about getting rid of them.
Some stuff to give you a slight improvement:
-Install VAM on a solid state drive. NVme would be the best.
-Set the user display settings to middle of the road vs Ultra (yea it kills alot of the better creators works but it does allow you to view them.)
-Make sure if you use an oculus (yuk facebook) headset that the facebook software isn't handling the display or set to auto. Just shut it off in the display settings. Also i strongly recommend you set your computer firewall to BLOCK any and all Facebook/oculus traffic in and out. We did a seperate review of this on reddit years ago about all the data facebook gets from your pc whenever you boot up and logon. You don't even have to have oculus running!
-Try and get rid of duplicate custom files. Far to many creators had reused textures and other creators stuff and it just makes a huge mess in VAM. Having 20 copies of the same hair is just asking for a lag fest.

This will all help improve the performance some. Your not going to get blazing performance even if you shell out tons of cash for a killer rig. I know i have one and performance going from my i5 to an i9 with a 3090 was minimal and really not worth it if all you do is play vam. (I game professionally so i had an excuse to go blow a wad of cash vs just blowing my wad!) ;)

Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

Others and myself have mentioned this before but the performance problems you see really only have one solution. A newer version of vam that actually uses more than 1 cpu core AND actually takes advantage of the GPU/FPU for math processing. The engine the current version of vam uses does not take advantage of multiple cpu's or the gpu both because of how meshed coded it but more the limitations of the game engine he used. This 'SHOULD' be resolved in release 2.0 when that drops maybe this year but more likely early next. There are tiny tweaks you can do to give you MAYBE 1 or 2 frames boost but nothing to improve it to the level you see other vr stuff running at.
The good thing is Meshed is aware of these issues and is serious about getting rid of them.
-Set the user display settings to middle of the road vs Ultra (yea it kills alot of the better creators works but it does allow you to view them.)
-Make sure if you use an oculus (yuk facebook) headset that the facebook software isn't handling the display or set to auto. Just shut it off in the display settings. Also i strongly recommend you set your computer firewall to BLOCK any and all Facebook/oculus traffic in and out. We did a seperate review of this on reddit years ago about all the data facebook gets from your pc whenever you boot up and logon. You don't even have to have oculus running!
-Try and get rid of duplicate custom files. Far to many creators had reused textures and other creators stuff and it just makes a huge mess in VAM. Having 20 copies of the same hair is just asking for a lag fest.

This will all help improve the performance some. Your not going to get blazing performance even if you shell out tons of cash for a killer rig. I know i have one and performance going from my i5 to an i9 with a 3090 was minimal and really not worth it if all you do is play vam. (I game professionally so i had an excuse to go blow a wad of cash vs just blowing my wad!) ;)
Thanks for the effort but i have already done all this and i use vive (so uculus tips will not help alot i guess)
But i really hope they start thinking about making this usable on newer rigs so it is worth running one.
I also used to game pro style but after my high end msi computer died i can not afford a new one with the same or even remotely similar stuff inside (+ my network connection really sucks now so i find it hard to get a top notch pc atm)
It will probably be a few years before i can afford a useful upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: birdonawire

rickyabp

Aug 1, 2017
Hi,

Don't want to dash hopes, but 2.0 will only help spread body cpu calculations between multiple threads. Maybe glute & breasts per person all on it's each thread. Cloth and hair physics already run on the gpu and are crippling. There is no magic sauce that will improve that (yet), and it's good insight as to why games aren't doing the kind of physics VAM is. It's too resource intensive, even on the smallest of scales.

splatterboy117

Dec 31, 2018
My first upload, at least I can contribute before it closes. Wonderland var and the dependencies list, cause I'm too stupid to repack them into one, and I imagine most of y'all already have these. Also iirc they're all free so google is your friend.

qqqqq1234

Nov 24, 2020
Hi,

If your goal is frames, that's easily obtainable by sacrificing a lot of wasteful physics crap. If you disable: advanced colliders, soft body physics (trust me, your dick wont notice) and remove or at least severely limit the complexity of hair sim and cloth sim (using ripped video game assets works wonders for sim clothing because they have a low polycount), and reduce physics iterations to lowest, you can have innumerable actors in a giant orgy with no issues even while in VR. Also I have a potato GTX980.

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020
Am bored, if anyone of you need a python script to do a particular task let me know, I can work on it (for free ) if the task is feasible.
I was working on an script that reads the vars, to identify if they have scenes, if so, it extracts the JPG, and puts it in a specific folder, so I can later visualize. if you are willing to improve and fix the script I can forward you in DM.

Apr 22, 2018
I was working on an script that reads the vars, to identify if they have scenes, if so, it extracts the JPG, and puts it in a specific folder, so I can later visualize. if you are willing to improve and fix the script I can forward you in DM.
I would love it if you can make toggle triggers have an effect you could use to make toggle negative/positive when triggered so you actually can toggle stuff in both directions instead of just one like it is now. I have no idea why meshed vr made it only one way toggle but i hate it. there is no way to make a trigger to toggle one effect off and another on at the same time and it is really stupid.
Please try to fix this, i would be very grateful if this worked well :)
If this can be done it will really make my day.
Now you can only toggle off or on but if you can make a mix with off/on as an options between toggles that is really great!
And maybe make an option to make sub triggers (where you decide if it is an active option) turn on/off when using other triggers.
For example, there is no way to toggle text or text colour with one trigger to do two different things, if i want to toggle text green in one push and red on another with the same toggle button there is no way to do this with the same button (atleast none i know about)
I think you know what i am trying to say but i can do another example, if i want to toggle (let`s say) a button to turn something on using ui buttons i can not use the same button for it if it is turn off on (without alot of extra understanding of the issue and how it works) if i want the same button to turn a green text to red with the same button, there is no toggle option for this, there really should be an option to toggle things both ways, not just on.
I would really like to see more options in the triggers and buttons so we can make more things happen when using them.
I hope i did not try to explain in a stupid way... i did not well sleep tonight lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pigtamer69
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes