Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanG02

Apr 24, 2020
Hey ssuukk, I'm busy testing this and it seems that file names with a hash in them e.g. xstatic.Xstatic_particle_pack_#8_Fog.1.var are causing an exception to occur.
Here's a really dumb question. If I just took the latest version of whichever VARs I have, extract them all to the same place and overwrite them, would that solve the space issue? I mean sure I'd still probably get multiple versions of files which I may need to manually remove, but would this approach be a quick way of clearing a good chunk of gigabytes?

ch2onic

Dec 13, 2019
Here's a really dumb question. If I just took the latest version of whichever VARs I have, extract them all to the same place and overwrite them, would that solve the space issue? I mean sure I'd still probably get multiple versions of files which I may need to manually remove, but would this approach be a quick way of clearing a good chunk of gigabytes?
Some vars use dependencies from other vars, so it would end up breaking alot of stuff and you would probably have to manually fix everyscene or dependencies path.

• Sad
Reactions: RyanG02

Pesadilla

Are you sure this isn't a nightmare?
Donor
Sep 28, 2018
Some vars use dependencies from other vars, so it would end up breaking alot of stuff and you would probably have to manually fix everyscene or dependencies path.
Morphs, Hair and clothes should be alright (due to UID), but textures and scripts will be damaged...

• Sad
Reactions: RyanG02

FIreballcz

May 27, 2021
Can someone upload these somewhere else? Google will NOT let me download them. I get an error that I need to enable third party cookies. I enabled all cookies, temporarily disabled all adblockers, restarted the browser and I still get that message.
For the future: do you use Google Translate? Maybe this is the reason. You must use the link from original Korean post. Google "translates" also the link, which makes it partially unusable.

Boriz67

May 15, 2020
Is there a tutorial on how to create a morph or texture with FaceGen and DAZ ?
I am completely new to this and would like to try it out
Google bring me to a reddit post, i follow these instructions:
  • After you have FaceGen AND DAZ 3D Studio installed (which is needed for FaceGen to be able to export the proper files), you export things as "Genesis 2F" from FaceGen.
    This creates the morph as well as the textures.
FaceGen will then show you the folders where things were exported. Find those folders and then:
  • Copy the morph (*.dxf) to /import/morphs/female in your VAM install (You can add new sub folders in here)
  • Copy the 4 texture files (*.jpg) where ever you choose within the VAM directory (I am keeping all of mine in the textures folder for now)
  • Load VAM and change the person's skin to either "female1" or the CustomFemale.
  • Under the moprhs tab, select "Head" (not face) and you should see a slider named the same as the morph you put in the import folder.
  • Then, go to the texture tab. From there you can select the images you copied into the texture folder for each of the locations. (use torso image again for genitals)
- - -
note 1: i used the facegen found in some post here in this thread (advanced or pro version, whathever)
note 2: are not dxf files, another extension, similar
- - -
However, in my opinion, you can get only bad results.
Maybe, it could work if you have a model that pose for you, so you can take the 3 pictures in the right position with the right light, but i guess that we are all in the same boat, trying to grab pictures from the web and crossing fingers.
Because it seems to me too picky about side pictures (left & right profile) i used only the front. -> bad
I had better results with photo2vam, where you can use a frontal photo and another of about 35° rotated. More easy to find.

About the OT... please, forgive us... if we figure out a good way, it could lead to good stuff :D

ssuukk

Jan 13, 2021
Its been running for three days now on about 200GB of VARS, took a day to analyze the VARS and after 2 days I'm only through 6 .dsf files :/

I don't think that its viable for me to continue running it as the current completion estimate is at 288 days :(
Heh, sorry for that. I'm running it on i9, 64GB, VAM on M.2 SSD. I can usually do the whole run in <3 days :D

fgriff

Jul 3, 2018
Is there a way to force a scene to retain the "Keep Preset Parameter Locks Between Scene Loads" and "Preset Lock Overview' (with skin, morph, and hair selected)?
Currently, when I close the program and reopen it, that setting is disabled on loading a scene that was saved with it enabled...
Am I missing something? Is there a plugin for this? Please and thanks!

chunk300zxtt

Jan 16, 2020
Google bring me to a reddit post, i follow these instructions:
  • After you have FaceGen AND DAZ 3D Studio installed (which is needed for FaceGen to be able to export the proper files), you export things as "Genesis 2F" from FaceGen.
    This creates the morph as well as the textures.
FaceGen will then show you the folders where things were exported. Find those folders and then:
  • Copy the morph (*.dxf) to /import/morphs/female in your VAM install (You can add new sub folders in here)
  • Copy the 4 texture files (*.jpg) where ever you choose within the VAM directory (I am keeping all of mine in the textures folder for now)
  • Load VAM and change the person's skin to either "female1" or the CustomFemale.
  • Under the moprhs tab, select "Head" (not face) and you should see a slider named the same as the morph you put in the import folder.
  • Then, go to the texture tab. From there you can select the images you copied into the texture folder for each of the locations. (use torso image again for genitals)
- - -
note 1: i used the facegen found in some post here in this thread (advanced or pro version, whathever)
note 2: are not dxf files, another extension, similar
- - -
Maybe, it could work if you have a model that pose for you, so you can take the 3 pictures in the right position with the right light, but i guess that we are all in the same boat, trying to grab pictures from the web and crossing fingers.
Because it seems to me too picky about side pictures (left & right profile) i used only the front. -> bad
I had better results with photo2vam, where you can use a frontal photo and another of about 35° rotated. More easy to find.

About the OT... please, forgive us... if we figure out a good way, it could lead to good stuff :D
i tried both foto2vam and facegen and in my honest opinion , with the right pictures to go off , facegen is my go to for making models.
All my creations recently have been made using facegen and then tweaked in VAM and have the best results IF you get the right pic to go off.
when using foto2vam in the past i also have had good results but they lack the textures the facegen creates which make or break the look .
i could be wrong but i believe sirap seems to use foto2vam with his looks due to the generic textures on the models and whilst they look good , they just seem like something is missing from them to finish them....the textures .
textures and decals can dramaticly change the look for the better.

here are some of my models made using facegen

https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...s-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/post-6252604

https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...s-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/post-6238946

https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...s-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/post-6225700

https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...s-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/post-6185709

https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...s-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/post-6219148

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
For the future: do you use Google Translate? Maybe this is the reason. You must use the link from original Korean post. Google "translates" also the link, which makes it partially unusable.
I got the link from the original non translated site. I tried it on all of my browsers and got the same message.

lol internet

Donor
Sep 8, 2019

FaceGen always give me terrible results, but Foto2Vam always give me the same face that has nothing to do with the photos, i don't understand what i'm doing wrong, and i'm following the tutorial from the hub.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xsnowx
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes