Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
I have the bad habit of comparing myself to others, so.. I often end up being kinda negative. Also seeing that others does worse stuff and somehow they get attention, patrons, moneys and whatnot, it's kinda another reason why I consider my skills not that good.
Money has nothing todo with Skills *LOL*
But if you just stuck with Daz work alone it is hard to ever acquire skills to be able to improve it and give it your own Signature.

I see a lot of Generic Results in your work that you will see 1000000x times from others as you use and share the same base.

Giving Daz Results your own Signiture that needs a lot of Time and you evolving as a whole.
You running behind Daz PAs mostly.

And you are just at the Part of Still Results enter the Realm of Animation and your Skills will need another boostup

Generic Results are easy (you gather and collect the knowledge from others) Unique Results arent (you research and collect your own knowledge, also based on analyzing others results "failures" and improve them)

VAM is a Research Hub and we improve "advance, as hackadolls would say it" each other with bringing our knowledge together.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021
Sorry for the obvious, but for those who have never used ARCHIVE:
- in the page of the model or asset, look for and click "SHOW ALL" in the Download Option box at right,
- Look for the .var file and download it.

PS: if you click the link with the number of files you will download everything in a zip file.

Reactions: ForTheSpam

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Money has nothing todo with Skills *LOL*
But if you just stuck with Daz work alone it is hard to ever acquire skills to be able to improve it and give it your own Signature.

I see a lot of Generic Results in your work that you will see 1000000x times from others as you use and share the same base.

Giving Daz Results your own Signiture that needs a lot of Time and you evolving as a whole.
You running behind Daz PAs mostly.

And you are just at the Part of Still Results enter the Realm of Animation and your Skills will need another boostup

Generic Results are easy (you gather and collect the knowledge from others) Unique Results arent (you research and collect your own knowledge, also based on analyzing others results "failures" and improve them)

VAM is a Research Hub and we improve "advance, as hackadolls would say it" each other with bringing our knowledge together.
So long story short, you're boasting in this whole post because you know how to do something in VaM, while you're pratically saying that my stuff is boring because it's the same stuff as others, so even others are boring as well.

Wish you didn't replied to me, honestly. You seems such a prick. Also I never said that money has to do with skill, is that skill has to do with money because others are, again like I said, good in what they do. Better than me. I'm stuck here because I don't have time nor the patience (but most time) to learn everything else (and it's not just one program. There are many, many more) that might be giving me something more. I'm not happy where I am, but I have no choice.

Also, I don't run behind daz pa's because if I did, I would've used their same model just as it is, with no changes whatsoever. Instead you know what? I try to create original characters by mixing stuff but most of the time I just end up using videogame characters because it's trending. Because it gives me views. Because it gives me commissions. So I'm also stuck in the "boring" loop because of it, because it's more affordable to do rather than spend time and time try to learn something, while at the same time you loose what you gained over time. But even so, I create OC's by mixing so many morphs you can't even imagine.

Sarakash

Jun 5, 2019
Does anyone have a problem with the physics just breaking when loading a scene?
From a personal experience this has a 80% chance of happening.
I will spend a hour + posing atoms and animating them, everything works flawlessly. BUT when I exit the program or load another scene to copy a look and return to the scene I was working on, a penis will just pop out and jitter uncontrollably. No amount of toggling collision and readjusting parts will fix it, it just stays permanently broken.
Soft body physics has a 100% chance of breaking and causing permanent jitter on scene load and has to be disabled, it only works the first time it is set up..

Basically once a scene is made and done I might as well delete it becuse it only works the first time because unloading seems to kill them the majority of the time.
I installed VaM a couple of days ago and ran into similar issues. The only idea I have is that I am loading scenes in desktop mode.

I have the same problem, even some animations I downloaded from VaM Hub seem to break after a while. The penis poping out jittering or beeing missaligned on load is the most common issue.

Have you found a solution to this ? I ve yet to start making my own scenes but this happening even if you made the scene yourself is somewhat discouraging. Some creators warn it might happen when loading in other appearences for an allready existing scene, however I found some where you could swap appearence without issue.

If someone knows what might cause this (and/or how to prevent it when creating own scenes) I would greatly appreciate it if someone is able to share their experience.

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
Does anyone know why I can't play scenes downloaded from hub.virtamate.com? I downloaded everything needed in the respective dependencies section of a specific scene (Like this one, for example: ). The scene loads, and I can see that the model is breathing, and I can listen to the breathing sound, but I just can't press play. When I click on play scene, nothing happens, but I can interact with the lighting options in the UI, and I can toggle "Hide UI" in the scene UI, however nothing happens when I click on Play..
I just noticed that the scene is just loading as a template, however it seems that there is an error that stays for a fraction of a second, then it just turns into "Template added" in the Log, so I can't really read what I'm missing...
I hope you're not saying this only happens with hub-obtained scenes? I've never had an issue that specific, but I did notice for the better part of a year, any scene I load with interactive menu UI, I have to first hide my VR hands before I can click on most menu buttons. Before I discovered that solution, I had to click them from intense sharp angles to find my pointer showing up momentarily on the buttons instead of through them. If I hide my hands, it always works. No one has ever said they had this same issue, though. I tested your example scene in my setup. Buttons worked fine when I hid away my hands to click them. Again, I couldn't interact with the hide or light buttons either before that, so it doesn't seem to be the same problem or same easy fix. If you have all known needed dependencies and no scenes will actually play, I believe the updater has an option to reinstall the base system files over any corrupt files; I’ve never used it though, so I cannot say what type of results to expect from that. Last thought would be if you previously setup any plugins to load as system presets every time you load any scene, perhaps one of them is interfering with the functioning of the plugins in the selected scene. I remember I did that to reassert easymate UI into the newest VAM version along with a couple others, and it would sometimes do some unexpected, wonky things.

drasmine

Jun 11, 2020
i try the vam web browser but have very limitations, for example i can´t allow acces to the webcam, there are any way to make this?

Lesther

Dec 4, 2019
1642797280243.png

Help, I got this error and I don't know how to fix it :( Try to delete the game and install it again and it keeps coming up, even tried external and internal solutions.

Ayuda, obtuve este error y no se como arreglarlo :( Intente eliminar el juego e instalarlo de nuevo y sigue saliendo, incluso probe soluciones externas e internas.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Question if she is 18 or not will never be asked anymore ;)

It's really time now to reorganize VAM and improve it's stability further ahead of anyone

Last edited:

Sarakash

Jun 5, 2019
I have a question regarding physics and collision or how to avoid jittering when setting up a pose. I think I am overlooking something simple. And before I go insane with my trial & error approach, I d rather ask here for advice.

I was trying to set up a simple HJ animation, however her fingers kept jittering while posing. The only solution I found online was to reduce the values of "hold position spring/hold rotation spring", but it didn´t work.

In the end, I had to turn of collision entirly in order to be able to position her hand and fingers.

Here is a screenshot for reference:

I noticed when I turn collision back on after posing that the jittering is still gone.

My original plan was to use acidbubbles timeline plug-in to animate the pose. The reason is that I have at least a basic understanding how keyframes work. Now I hesitate to start because when the jittering returns when I start keyframming I really don´t know how to solve this.

Is there a more elegant solution for this ?

Edit: I am using macgrubber´s breathing plugin and the gaze plugin for the idle animation. It was turned on while posing. Should I aplly it only after I finished posing for the startup frame ?

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The Jittering will of course not be recorded in anyways there are several ways for now to tackle these problems you already mentioned one of them another is fine adapting the collision colliders and also using high quality physics.
The Problem with the current Physics though is they are pretty non deterministic you never really know what will happen on the end users system in a certain point in time.
A little timing deviation in the users system could let him see another result as what you would expect for now.
Even if you get it stable on your System and even if the user on the other side uses the exact same setup it still is partly system timing dependent what will happen.

Even calling the GUI can influence the Physic Stability and it's final result currently.

Best Example here is always the non deterministic Penis force slip out, call the GUI and the Penis can lose track the next cycle ;)

For Hardcore Animators that's mostly Painful yeah if you can't really predict things that will happen and currently that's a big issue, which should be much better under control with VAM 2.0 and a different more deterministic physic path.

But this also exactly what can lead to some very nice chaotic results as well.
For example even if the Penis Slips out it doesn't mean it will not go back in at a certain force point ;)

There are plugins actually already who try to force things into a certain direction by Realtime adapting and correcting physic timing deviations to avoid things like the mentioned Penis Slip out.

Fingers are pretty complex you have limited space for contact and most probably for another look you need to adapt the physic colliders manually to get more stable results.

Im not really a fan of Collider base Collision Physic myself i would rather love to see per pixel mesh collision but that's a entire different hurdle to take and for VR still not to talk about.

Last edited:

Sarakash

Jun 5, 2019
The Jittering will of course not be recorded in anyways there are several ways for now to tackle these problems you already mentioned one of them another is fine adapting the collision colliders and also using high quality physics.
The Problem with the current Physics though is they are pretty non deterministic you never really know what will happen on the end users system in a certain point in time.
A little timing deviation in the users system could let him see another result as what you would expect for now.
Even if you get it stable on your System and even if the user on the other side uses the exact same setup it still is partly system timing dependent what will happen.

Even calling the GUI can influence the Physic Stability and it's final result currently.

Best Example here is always the non deterministic Penis force slip out, call the GUI and the Penis can lose track the next cycle ;)

For Hardcore Animators that's mostly Painful yeah if you can't really predict things that will happen and currently that's a big issue.

But this also exactly what can lead to some very nice chaotic results.
For example even if the Penis Slips out it doesn't mean it will not go back in at a certain force point ;)

There are plugins actually allready who try to force things into a certain direction by Realtime adapting.
Thanks for the reply. One fallow up question though, when you say recording do you mean that in a literal sense ? It´s just my third day on VaM and I know that it is possible to mocap, however I don´t have access to a VR controller yet.

Is the same true regarding keyframing ?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yes however you move things in some way you can record them as soon as you move a node you can record that movement.

you could write a plugin some procedural animations and record them you can take premade mocaps and record them you can use your mouse keyboard/pupetering and record that.
Or Vr Controlers and trackers and record those.

In theory you could make fucking animations like a piano play if you wanted to, maybe some day someone will actually write a midi plugin and make that reality ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarakash

Sarakash

Jun 5, 2019
I didn´t know that, thanks for the info. To this point I assumed I had to use the timeline plug-in because video tutorials I found either used the plug in or they did the recording with a VR controller.

That might change things. Now I have to experiment a bit to see which results I like better.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The power is in combining results ;)

When you put everything together and unite it only than you get the big picture.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018

Big Coherency test before reorganizing, everything not up to a certain quality/stability standard gets evaporated now, only the most important creators will survive this important (also stability) purge.

Mostly those that contribute to the Lower Base System expansion and the once who have created worthy and really unique amazingly good and stable tech artist results within all the Limitations so far :)

Special look (Spotlight) will fall on those who create amazing results for Free and not just for Self Promotion :)

Last edited:

Joestar1236

Jan 22, 2021
Does anyone knows what happened with the easy mate IV pack ? cant find that
All Mega links were taken down on reddit, site wide to my knowledge. So technically it still exists, but unless someone backed it up, the link to the mega is gone.

Unless you are missing some specific file included in that pack, I would look into vamX as a more updated alternative, since Easy Mate IV is more than a year out of date now.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes