4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Rookie numbers, mine is at 260gb, I think I only ever had a CTD once or twice.
Show off.

But this is good news as its cant be a "too big" issue than aye?
So its either the errors or the content itself.

One things that annoys me is i cant seem to figure out what add-ons are loading sound files, like downloading them. I tied to disable add-ons i don't want to see if it could help with the loading crashes but didn't seem to work out.

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
the crashes has to do with ram. past 2 years vam has bad memory leaks. cycle through 3 scene loads and watch windows process manager show ram tap out fast. that's from recollection having 16 gigs ram and since i hadn't seen anyone even mention what they have gotta assume there's some people running 8 gigs. Just googling "vam memory leaks" pulls up many threads on the topic, and this one i see a couple people report they run into the same issues with 32 gigs. Moderator DJ chimed in suggesting making a settings change to dump unused textures.

Reactions: MrZack

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
the crashes has to do with ram. past 2 years vam has bad memory leaks. cycle through 3 scene loads and watch windows process manager show ram tap out fast. that's from recollection having 16 gigs ram and since i hadn't seen anyone even mention what they have gotta assume there's some people running 8 gigs. Just googling "vam memory leaks" pulls up many threads on the topic, and this one i see a couple people report they run into the same issues with 32 gigs. Moderator DJ chimed in suggesting making a settings change to dump unused textures.
Hmm, that could be it but i do have 32GB's.
Additionally a recent crash was while creating a character (without a save)
The game just CTD while messing with sliders. Absolute nonsense imo.

With no log or crashdump i cant know whats doing it.

EDIT:
As a test i just sat there on a character loading skin textures, the game seems to refuse to go over ~8.2GB of memory usage while i had aroudn 10GB spare beyond VAM.
After about 20 full body skins it crashed midway of loading a skin.
Dunno if this meany anything but worth noting.

Last edited:

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
this make sense for me
but it tolerance for me.
i enjoy make animated with vam.
my vam folder almost 400gb too ... i think this cause the erorr too. maybe got some plugin or var conflict.

blizzme

Jan 2, 2022
VAM will eat as much ram as it can . loading textures by hand is a nightmare when you have a ton of vars with textures, also try to remove big vars such as vamx.someversion.var

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
VAM will eat as much ram as it can . loading textures by hand is a nightmare when you have a ton of vars with textures, also try to remove big vars such as vamx.someversion.var
my 24gb ram ddr4 3200mhz use almost 75% -90% lMAO.. in vrdoll with 2 people and full animated. and i only got 20-30 on my rtx3060-3070- 35-40fps on 3090.

doggbound

Dec 22, 2016
Does anyone know what would be causing these weird dark shadows on certain clothing presets? It's not a huge issue, but it does affect certain outfits I've noticed. Is it a setting in game that is making it appear this way? It seems most often to be affecting clothing that is sheer or see-through. shadow_bug.png

Last edited:

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
try to remove big vars
That could be something, i have 12 vars that are over 400MB each.

After last night im thinking of just doing a full spring cleaning removing everything i dont use and working with what little i do.

Is there any baseline mods like "everyone should have this" mod? like maybe a package of "must haves"

Also whats the best method for dealing with older versions of addons? I have been disabling them. I have 10 old versiosn of timeline disabled..

EDIT: Another thing to think about is how does the game handle incomplete downloads?
Im going to assume the game can not detect or remember incomplete downloads and i see a potential for crashes to have caused corrupted downloads which in turn causes more crashes.
I have a shit net connection rn so i see this as to why i might have so many crashes, its exponential...

Last edited:

Aijul

Nov 18, 2021
Hello everyone:) ,

beginner on the soft vam, I try without success to use my microphone in vam in order to directly dictate the text to be copied.

I tried the various plugins related to the microphone but nothing to do I can't do it.

A charitable soul have a solution?

A yes I forgot I'm French, sorry to use Google trad for this message :giggle:

bonjour tout le monde:) ,
débutante sur le soft vam , j'essaye sans succès d'utiliser mon micro dans vam afin de dictée directement les texte à copier .
j'ai essayée les différents plugins liés au micro mais rien à faire je n'y arrive pas.
Une âme charitable aurais une solution ?
A oui j'oubliais je suis française ,désolée d'utiliser Google trad pour ce message :giggle:

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes