4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Did you make certain you enabled and trained your speech recognition in Windows before starting?

Aijul

Nov 18, 2021
Oui j'ai oublié de préciser , j'ai le micro qui fonctionne et détecte bien les zone de texte dans vam en mode bureau.
j'utilise la touche win+ h du clavier et le micro de mon rifts est correctement détecté :)(par contre il me détecte pas les mots vulgaire :giggle:je n'ai pas trouvé encore comment contourner ce problème également)

Yes I forgot to specify, I have the microphone that works and detects text boxes well in vam in desktop mode.

I use the win+ h key on the keyboard and the microphone of my rifts is correctly detected :)(however, it does not detect vulgar words for me :giggle: I haven't found a way around this problem yet either)

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
So are you using desktop or VR mode?

I know VamX had a special tool to keep window active, otherwise voice commands will not work.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
I suggest you try to find the tool for vamX then, that keeps you VaM window active at all times...

DukeOfBourbon

Jan 17, 2018
Do you guys know if it's possible to mirror the hair without using the styling tools like brush, etc? I mean, when a bang is on the right side, I would like to have it mirrored to the left side for instance.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi everybody. Does anybody have a Black Widow / ScarJo model? Thanks in advance.
Have you tried searching the "Asset Releases" section?

Again, I highly recommend doing this:
  • Click on "Latest Updates" at the very top
  • Select "Category" --> "Assets" on the right
  • Select "Prefix: Assets" --> "VAM"
  • ...and you get a nice preview of all the most recently released assets.
You can then use the "Search" to search for specific assets. I've done a quick search and found at least 2 assets which might fit your request.

1661157533231.png

If you can't find the asset you're looking for, please use the "Asset Requests" section to make a request for it.

Reactions: Okami83

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
So since there's no actual way to pin down the crashing issues i guess I'm gonna need to scrap my game and folders and start again.

How would i create a file for my custom character so it knows its dependencies?

Okami83

May 23, 2019
Have you tried searching the "Asset Releases" section?

Again, I highly recommend doing this:
  • Click on "Latest Updates" at the very top
  • Select "Category" --> "Assets" on the right
  • Select "Prefix: Assets" --> "VAM"
  • ...and you get a nice preview of all the most recently released assets.
You can then use the "Search" to search for specific assets. I've done a quick search and found at least 2 assets which might fit your request.

View attachment 1998413

If you can't find the asset you're looking for, please use the "Asset Requests" section to make a request for it.
Thanks to you both.

I kinda am new to VaM... I tried it waaay back when but I never really got into it to use it properly etc. So I have to start from Scratch. Sorry for being a dumbdumb. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Isowiha

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
How would i create a file for my custom character so it knows its dependencies?
I've never created *.var files myself, so my experience with this is zero -- but maybe will help. Those dependency files are just pure text files, but I'm not 100% sure if you need to create them manually or if the integrated package manager of VAM will create them for you. Just watch the video, it hopefully covers all of these questions ;-)

Reactions: b00marrows

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
current through August release of 'club gentleman ep 1 - down to business final'

To start Dance of Nymphets be in Play Mode and deselect Freeze Motion / Sound
Big thanks to theMickey_ for pointing this out.
This release is super large due to him using many HQ assetbundle models like statues and skyscapes that one probably wouldn't want clogging up addon folders separatly anyway.
freeze.jpg

Reactions: Mirrora

dt90

May 23, 2020
....guys, what is that attachment in the first page? it's maybe the crack?
f95zone indicates it's a virus, i don't understand

by downloading the 4 parts and starting the whole, it looks like the demo version........

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I've never created *.var files myself, so my experience with this is zero -- but maybe will help. Those dependency files are just pure text files, but I'm not 100% sure if you need to create them manually or if the integrated package manager of VAM will create them for you. Just watch the video, it hopefully covers all of these questions ;-)
Nice i now have a Var with dependacy's list.

So whats the best method for a pure full reset of the game?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
So whats the best method for a pure full reset of the game?
Download the official VAM-Updater, and place it into a new empty directory. Run the updater to download the most recent VAM files. Then I suggest the following:
  • Create a subdirectory in "AddonPackages" called "MeshedVR" and move all "original" *.var files into it
  • Create more subdirectories in "AddonPackages" like
    • Hub (Free)
    • Patreon (Free)
    • Patreon (Paid)
    • F95
  • ...snd start moving your *.var files into those subdirectories. One by one, and then download the "depencies", and test the scene/look.
    • If the scene works as expected, keep it, and move on.
    • If the scene has issues, try to resolve it or remove the *.var file...

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Create a subdirectory in "AddonPackages"
YOU CAN DO THAT? OMFG!
I wanted to organize that folder for so fucking long... URGH.
Great to know, thank ya.

I think im gonna go "blank slate" as a suspect the reason i have so many crashes is due to incomplete downloads caused by the game crashing while downloading a file.

Thanks for the info.
This time its gonna be CLEAN.

EDIT:
Oh i asked before but never got an answer.
what the best rout to go about outdated packages, like the tons of versions of timeline i ended up with?

Reactions: Bob_Oblong
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes