4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I got VaM running and also put the newer models in different folders. However they are not showing up in creator - only in the middle tab - and also they appear to have no hair or clothing :( What I am doing wrong?
Probably multiple things.

1) About missing hair/clothes: this might be because of missing dependency files.
See this post on how to download missing referenced packages.

EDIT: You might still end up with missing packages after following these instructions, because those packages are "Not on Hub", meaning they're not shared on the official VAM Hub. This can be because those are either paid assets, or they are still available for free, but maybe only on the creator's Patreon page or some other place the creator decided to publish them. Then you'll need to start searching for them.

2) About models not showing up in "Creator" mode: this might be because the creator of the model shared just a scene, not a "Look".
See this post on how to save the look from the scene to use it in Creator mode.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Okami83

Okami83

May 23, 2019
Christ you should get paid for this haha. Maybe somebody could make a specific download with certain things pre-installed or something. Where dumb azz idiots like myself could just start and go. (Don't get me wrong I know SOME stuff but def. not all).
Thanks again. Mickey

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Christ you should get paid for this haha. [...] Thanks again. Mickey
You're very welcome -- I'm just happy to help :)

About the "pre-installed" stuff: there are some packages which already have a lot of stuff installed, but personally I would NOT recommend to use them. Things like VamX have a lot of looks, animations, clothes and much more pre-installed, but using those packages you'll never learn how to use VaM to its full potential.

I suggest starting slow: scroll through the latest released VAM assets for example and download one or two looks you like, copy them into your AddonPackages directory (you can also use subdirectories in AddonPackages to "sort" stuff there), start VaM, download the missing dependencies, and start playing with the new look -- learn how to change the expression, the pose, the clothes, save the look as preset so you can load it again into any scene.

Next download some clothes and do the same: copy them to your VaM folder, and once inside VaM, download dependencies, then load a scene and play with those clothes -- learn how to customize them, maybe they come with different presets and so on, just use them to their full extend.

Last but not least learn how to use some of the essential plugins, like "Life" from MacGruber to change your characters from dead mannequins to actual lifelike characters. And some other plugins which seem to be popular. Just make yourself familiar with how some stuff works inside VaM.

Now you already know something about VaM and can start creating your own scene maybe: add some furniture, a character, pose your character, add some lights (learn how you should position your lights to make a decent scene, lookup "three light setup" for example), and maybe start experimenting with animations. Step by step you'll be able to create your own "dream scene" within VaM, and it'll be amazing -- especially when using VR ;)

bobik1983

Dec 19, 2020
Folks, there is such an automatic plugin similar to Morphs Breast_up? breast shape , bra that gathers the chest to the center

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Folks, there is such an automatic plugin similar to Morphs Breast_up? breast shape , bra that gathers the chest to the center
Depends on the clothes you're using. Most bras have a "Adjust Breasts" in their "Adjustment" tab, which in most cases just lifts them up a little bit. But some bras also will create a bit more cleavage (like a push-up bra) -- again, it all depends on the bra you're using.

You can of course always try to adjust "Breast Centered" and/or "Breasts Cleavage" in "Female Morphs" of the character to adjust it to your liking, but in many cases this doesn't really look good on the bra itself.

Reactions: bobik1983

tracerhater

May 29, 2017
I've recently improved performance on Vam using Project Lasso. Besides the usual setup to prioritize Vam in the cpu hiearchy etc, two recent things I did which made a big difference for me were-

-Limiting VAM's core usage- Instead of VAM using all 0-31 cores, I set it to use all even cores from 0-14 e.g.(0,2,4,6,8...). This boosted fps by about 20fps.

-also to solve VAM's notorious memory leak, you can use 'Trim Memory' from VAM via Project Lasso, and it resets it's memory usage for that session. Solves the crashing issue from running out of RAM.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there a game similar to this one with more fluid gameplay? (except h2d)
None that I'm aware of. And to be fair: I'd still say VAM is the best VR experience you can get, but it's not a game, it's a sandbox to create your own scenes. So there is not much of a "gameplay", unless you consider downloading and playing scenes as "gameplay".

The one that comes closest to this might probably be VR Paradise, but the "gameplay" is limited to being in a strip club and getting some private dances at most. Also I think the version linked here in the forum is kinda outdated, missing some DLCs and other features.

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
I've recently improved performance on Vam using Project Lasso. Besides the usual setup to prioritize Vam in the cpu hiearchy etc, two recent things I did which made a big difference for me were-

-Limiting VAM's core usage- Instead of VAM using all 0-31 cores, I set it to use all even cores from 0-14 e.g.(0,2,4,6,8...). This boosted fps by about 20fps.
I have tried this and haven't noticed a real difference in VR, could be placebo 2-3 frames if at all. I've checked multiple times, only the even cores were active for VAM. W11/Ryzen 9 5900X/RTX 3080 here.

Edit: I got good results with and the Nvidia Image Scaling setting and foveated rendering though. Changing render resolution/fiddling with image scaling shenanigans made the biggest difference for me so far in VAM.

Last edited:

tracerhater

May 29, 2017
I have tried this and haven't noticed a real difference in VR, could be placebo 2-3 frames if at all. I've checked multiple times, only the even cores were active for VAM. W11/Ryzen 9 5900X/RTX 3080 here.

Edit: I got good results with and the Nvidia Image Scaling setting and foveated rendering though. Changing render resolution/fiddling with image scaling shenanigans made the biggest difference for me so far in VAM.
I made the changes to the cores via Project Lasso in real time, while running an animated scene in VAM with the performance monitor (fps) on display. Changing the cores as stated, produced an immediate higher result to fps (permanently, not just for a few seconds). Changing it back, lowered fps again. So it isn't placebo. Also tried different amounts of cores e.g. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 and all even up to 30, plus various others, and the fps sweet spot (for me) with the cores was 0,2,4,6...14. Might be different for others but definitely works for me.

btw, I have a very similar setup to you W10/Ryzen 9 5950X/RTX 3080Ti, so interesting that we have different results. Maybe I've set up Lasso different in other ways.

Oh and also I'm testing on desktop, not VR. I have VR but haven't tested the fps virtually yet with this core setup.

Last edited:

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
Also tried different amounts of cores e.g. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 and all even up to 30, plus various others, and the fps sweet spot (for me) with the cores was 0,2,4,6...14. Might be different for others but definitely works for me.
I will give it another go this evening, trying out different stuff both in VR and desktop. Maybe I'm just dumb, never used Lasso before. Maybe W11 just does performance optimizing on the CPU different.

Edit: If Meshed VR only could get his ass off the ground for once and update the game to Unity 2021+, then we'd have native DLSS and other nice performance boosts/way better multithreading. I don't get why he doesn't contract someone to push an update on this. VAM 2.0 will probably take another two years until it's halfway usable for creators, so this would be a good investment to the community.

Last edited:

tracerhater

May 29, 2017
I will give it another go this evening, trying out different stuff both in VR and desktop. Maybe I'm just dumb, never used Lasso before. Maybe W11 just does performance optimizing on the CPU different.

Edit: If Meshed VR only could get his ass off the ground for once and update the game to Unity 2021+, then we'd have native DLSS and other nice performance boosts/way better multithreading. I don't get why he doesn't contract someone to push an update on this. VAM 2.0 will probably take another two years until it's halfway usable for creators, so this would be a good investment to the community.
I'll outline everything I do with Vam (desktop mode) in Process Lasso so you can set it up the exact same way-

- Start Vam so it appears as a running app in Process Lasso.
- Right click on Vam in the list on PL, and a menu with a bunch of options will pop up-
- In the menu for Vam, set CPU Priority to 'High'. (don't choose 'Real Time- Highest' as it will cause problems with Windows)
- Set the cores in CPU Affinity to '0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14' (this combo works best for me, but it might be different for other)
- Set Application Power Profile to 'Bitsum Highest Performance'
- Tick 'Induce Performance Mode'
- In PL's main menu, tick 'Pro Balance Enabled'
- and while playing Vam, if you're running out of memory, right click VAM in the PL list, go down to 'More' and select 'Trim Memory'. It will free up memory again for VAM so it doesn't eventually crash. You can keep doing this over an over, when needed.

That's everything I do within Process Lasso to get VAM running quickly and smoothly. Let me know if anyone else has similar results.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes