4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
How do you extend the tags filter beyond the 400 first ones on the IG hub ?
Not that I'm aware of. 400 is just the max. You can of course check all the tags that are there, but it's kinda laborious:
  • for me the tag list ends (because of the max of 400) with "feet"
  • if I type "f" in the filter, and scroll down, I can see (among others) all the tags starting with "f"
    • I haven't found a way to search for tags "starting with f", like "^f" or something, so just "f" must suffiice
  • continue with typing "g", "h" and so on in the filter to browse through all the tags

LeniBoy

Aug 14, 2019
None that I'm aware of. And to be fair: I'd still say VAM is the best VR experience you can get, but it's not a game, it's a sandbox to create your own scenes. So there is not much of a "gameplay", unless you consider downloading and playing scenes as "gameplay".

The one that comes closest to this might probably be VR Paradise, but the "gameplay" is limited to being in a strip club and getting some private dances at most. Also I think the version linked here in the forum is kinda outdated, missing some DLCs and other features.
There is an incredible variety but I'm experiencing a lot of fps drops in scenes. This is getting annoying. I guess the only option is to update the graphics card. Thank you for your comment.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I guess the only option is to update the graphics card.
You'll also need a decent CPU (for the physics to work "fluidly"), and I'd say at least 32GB of memory. And even with some decent high end gear, you probably will still experience some "low" FPS in bigger/heavy scenes unfortunately.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
How to export/find VAM default female or male textures?
You should find the "base" textures in the Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\FemaleBase and Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\MaleBase subfolders of your VAM installation.

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
You should find the "base" textures in the Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\FemaleBase and Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\MaleBase subfolders of your VAM installation.

I mean every skin texture not just default one. I need all skin texture that vam has.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I mean every skin texture not just default one. I need all skin texture that vam has.
I don't know why you would "need" them, but then you have to extract several *.var files to get them. Many looks come with individual skin textures, and you'll find those inside the *.var files.

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
Please stop posting those music videos in this thread, those have nothing to do with VAM. Thanks!
flagging posts for off topic how about you start offering pirated content rather than your authistic commentary. You ran off Krosos who was on topic. All I see from you is skittish bs

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
I don't know why you would "need" them, but then you have to extract several *.var files to get them. Many looks come with individual skin textures, and you'll find those inside the *.var files.
You don't understand. I meant VAM default skin textures. These:

1661969575819.png

I need to mix it with custom face texture!

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
am enjoy the video dude lmao
ON TOPIC !!! C&G Released an update of Vampirsa not sure what it was about. Something about fogfix. Will be sure to post the update asap. And still ontopic of C&G Admiration @ love that video

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
ON TOPIC !!! C&G Released an update of Vampirsa not sure what it was about. Something about fogfix. Will be sure to post the update asap. And still ontopic of C&G Admiration @ love that video
did u know how to make animation walking proper with timeline? i saw mocap can make studio photo scene. and the model walking and pose really smooth.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
You don't understand. I meant VAM default skin textures.
I see. AFAIK those are part of the data packs in VaM_Data, and if I remember correctly MeshedVR once said he is not allowed to share them, because he bought licenses to include them in his software, but the licenses forbid sharing the "raw" texture files.

There might be tools out there with which you can extract those files (especially from those files in the StreamingAssets subfolder, where I would assume those skin textures), but I've never done that, and that's why I can't help you with that.

On the other hand: as the figures in Virt-a-Mate are based on DAZ' Genesis 2 female figure, I bet you can find those skins as well in various DAZ assets like ("Female 2" is called "Victoria 6" in your screenshot). You can also try to search this forum for those DAZ assets (here is the "Victoria 6 Pro" bundle).

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
did u know how to make animation walking proper with timeline? i saw mocap can make studio photo scene. and the model walking and pose really smooth.
A similar question has been asked just a couple of days agon on the VAM hub, and someone had a really good suggestion, quote:

"The easiest way for now if you don't have access to some VR trackers is the complete .
Set a target for her to follow, which could be a light, an object, or an empty atom. Animate the motion of the target in .
From there, tweak the parameters in the Complete Locomotion System to your liking. It will look really unnatural at first, but with some experimentation, you can come up with some pretty good results!"

Maybe give it a try and share a video of your results? ;)

Blessuall

May 15, 2022
hell yeah are u going to make a game too. why u want these skin
A similar question has been asked just a couple of days agon on the VAM hub, and someone had a really good suggestion, quote:

"The easiest way for now if you don't have access to some VR trackers is the complete .
Set a target for her to follow, which could be a light, an object, or an empty atom. Animate the motion of the target in .
From there, tweak the parameters in the Complete Locomotion System to your liking. It will look really unnatural at first, but with some experimentation, you can come up with some pretty good results!"

Maybe give it a try and share a video of your results? ;)
and can we record with timeline bro? if use that cls plugin?

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
I see. AFAIK those are part of the data packs in VaM_Data, and if I remember correctly MeshedVR once said he is not allowed to share them, because he bought licenses to include them in his software, but the licenses forbid sharing the "raw" texture files.

There might be tools out there with which you can extract those files (especially from those files in the StreamingAssets subfolder, where I would assume those skin textures), but I've never done that, and that's why I can't help you with that.

On the other hand: as the figures in Virt-a-Mate are based on DAZ' Genesis 2 female figure, I bet you can find those skins as well in various DAZ assets like ("Female 2" is called "Victoria 6" in your screenshot). You can also try to search this forum for those DAZ assets (here is the "Victoria 6 Pro" bundle).

It seems FemaleBase texture is different from base female texture.

1661972426041.jpeg

Any idea how to get Base female skin? FemaleBase skin located at texture doesn't match with left skin

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020

Also from StreamingAssets which file has textures?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes