brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Mocaps are just the shittiest and useless thing i have seen in this software.
Not just this game but in everything else too. From what I heard it's all just worthless garbage data but the executives will freak out if there isn't someone in the pingpong ball suit.
What? I thought it was an easy way to make animations. It's much easier to attach some trackers and move around than animating every limb individually. I kind of use it when playing in VR. It detects the controllers (or my hands if using ALVR hand tracking) it's much easier to move the male's hands with this 'mocap'.

I just don't get it why those mocap scenes are so laggy and buggy.

Reactions: jerticignu

belmontzar

Oct 5, 2017
What? I thought it was an easy way to make animations. It's much easier to attach some trackers and move around than animating every limb individually. I kind of use it when playing in VR. It detects the controllers (or my hands if using ALVR hand tracking) it's much easier to move the male's hands with this 'mocap'.

Id guess its because the info saved and used for MOCAP probably takes alot of space and isn't as flexable or customized as animated poses. Mocap is acting after all.. a set pattern someone performed for the work. So it probably takes up alot more memory and isn't as manipulatable as the rest of the animation.

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
I don't know how mocaps are created and imported into VAM. But I guess the laggy part is because of much more data needed to store the animations and creators don't care to adjust basic physics and hair settings to make it performant. You don't need high quality physics enabled to create realistic animations. The buggy part is, because the creators don't really understand the physics system in this software and don't care to use plugins to combat the problems the jankyness of the physics system brings with it.

I am the creator of . I created all animations by hand in VR and can tell you smooth and working animation interactions are a work of endless tweaking, carefully adjusting angles, enabling/disabling different plugins at the right time, working around the countless glitches VAM and some of those plugins have, adding loading delays etc. It's hours upon hours of experimenting. Most creators probably just don't care enough.

There are very few creators who go the extra mile like ispinox or PetaZwega, they are the GOATS when it comes to quality scenes.

Last edited:

AmélieLard

May 14, 2020
You can export from Vam but you'll get a naked model without hair. Maybe there's a new way that I don't know of, it's been a while since my last print

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
Does anyone have an idea why I can't start the Vam 2 Alpha in VR with my Vive Pro?
I tried it with the quest and I can start in VR. With Steam, however, the demo does not go into VR mode...

SpicyHotBeef

Mar 13, 2020
Any way we can add shadows inside the mouth? It seems to be unaffected by light. I saw a plugin for nose shadows but no luck with mouth ones.

KissHug

May 6, 2021
I'm missing ExplosionLimiter-ns.cs script file.
The is dead and I couldn't find any mirror.
Can someone share it me please?

telobarsik

Aug 12, 2017
I'm missing ExplosionLimiter-ns.cs script file.
The is dead and I couldn't find any mirror.
Can someone share it me please?
in version VAM 1.20 this plugin is built into the program code and works automatically.

telobarsik

Aug 12, 2017
Any way we can add shadows inside the mouth? It seems to be unaffected by light. I saw a plugin for nose shadows but no luck with mouth ones.
there is no plug-in for nose shadows, there is a texture of darkened nostrils. in order for the shadow to appear in the mouth, you need to adjust the light source, there in the right corner there are all the settings for the quality of the shadow.. and in the skin texture itself, you need to turn off the action of ambient light by unscrewing the slider to the right!

• Red Heart
Reactions: SpicyHotBeef
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes