4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

2B NieR

Mar 22, 2018
I'm having an issue extracting the multipart files to my computer. Every time I try to extract them using winrar, it just gives me an error that reads: "VaM_199_Cleanzippart1.rar: Packed data checksum error in VaM_119_Clean.zip. The volume is corrupt." Does anyone know what I should do??
Use 7-zip
7-zip.org

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jestir

abikka12

Nov 4, 2018
my game crashed and now I cant load any scenes. Anyone have any ideas? It seems to get stuck when loading a character atom

exter

May 29, 2017
my game crashed and now I cant load any scenes. Anyone have any ideas? It seems to get stuck when loading a character atom
When i load stuff, the character atom also take a while to load. Depending on your system and how demanding the scene is you want to load, it might just take a while. If it's really stuck or crashes, then try reducing the overall quality to very low, load the scene and then up the quality again when the scene finished loading everything. Also, closing all background stuff which uses a lot of RAM or restarting the computer helps too. But those are just things in case your computer is as shitty as mine :LOL:.

If that stuff doesn't help, then maybe something went wrong while it crashed and a reinstallation might be the best way of fixing things. Or maybe using the autoupdater first.

Reactions: abikka12

abikka12

Nov 4, 2018
When i load stuff, the character atom also take a while to load. Depending on your system and how demanding the scene is you want to load, it might just take a while. If it's really stuck or crashes, then try reducing the overall quality to very low, load the scene and then up the quality again when the scene finished loading everything. Also, closing all background stuff which uses a lot of RAM or restarting the computer helps too. But those are just things in case your computer is as shitty as mine :LOL:.

If that stuff doesn't help, then maybe something went wrong while it crashed and a reinstallation might be the best way of fixing things. Or maybe using the autoupdater first.
thanks for the feedback. I think a reinstall might be needed in that case. The game was running ok before the crash.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
VAM should be very resilient by now Crashes or even Morph Distortions should be almost 0 except still Physic crashes but to get them in the current state you have to be really heavily pressure the collision forces.
Explosions at least doesn't mean automatically a crash anymore and they can be recovered as well in most cases without restarting. :)

Last edited:

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
is there any reason you wouldnt want to switch to 1.20+ instead of staying on 1.19? Did new content get added? Are plugins supposed to breaks I am using a v1.19 plugin in 1.20 and it is throwing an error

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
is there any reason you wouldnt want to switch to 1.20+ instead of staying on 1.19? Did new content get added? Are plugins supposed to breaks I am using a v1.19 plugin in 1.20 and it is throwing an error
Depends on the plugin but yes they can always brake as the API gets changed constantly and isn't in a real frozen state .

My thoughts about the recent VAM 2.0 announcement:

Work on High Definition (HD) mesh, morph, and skin engine. Resolution on 2.X models will be at least 4X higher than 1.X models, allowing amazing details and smooth edges! We weren't sure this would even be possible, but we found a way and it looks and performs amazingly well!
We plan to offer users the same import and model creation capabilities that we use internally, paving the way for a lot more variation and capabilities for users making custom content.
Oh boy boy the era of extreme Normal map Faking is coming to it's end and everyone looking as young as 16 :D
And the End of being restricted to DAZ only :)

And if that wasn't enough

2.X will support custom user HDRP shaders so that creators can have nearly infinite possibilities in how things look inside VaM. Some sample screenshots from our experiments:
Example 1: With 2 characters at 4X mesh resolution running on the CPU skinning engine and 10 high-quality lights with full shadows, 2.X runs at roughly 250FPS on our high-end test system. For comparison on this same system, 1.X with physics turned off and with 2 characters at 1X mesh resolution and 8 forced pixel lights gets roughly 230FPS. In addition, this 2.X test was running post processing effects like exposure control, color correction, and tone mapping while 1.X was not as this was only possible using the popular plugin from @MacGruber. 2.X will essentially have PostMagic with a lot more post processing effects built in. While the baseline cost of HDRP is higher than the old rendering system used in 1.X, HDRP is more efficient at running more lights so can result in higher performance on scenes with higher quality lighting.

Example 2: With 1 character and 3 lights, 2.X runs at roughly 360FPS and 1.X runs at roughly 380FPS. Same notes as above where 2.X is running 4X resolution mesh and post process effects on top while 1.X is not.

These 2.X performance numbers are early. HDRP is still being developed and optimized. We still have a lot more to add to 2.X which will slow things down. Physics was not considered here which is the primary bottleneck in 1.X and will definitely be a large performance factor in 2.X as well as we are aiming to make skin physics more accurate and enable full body soft physics. So please don't put much stock in these early numbers. The point of this section is to show that we are optimizing for performance from the start and will ensure 2.X can run on a wide range of systems with a wide range of performance oriented user preferences.
Performance Data looks also like a really solid evolution only that the skinning physics isn't running yet on the GPU is a boomer and CPU update unavoidable now though also in the current GPU cost situation we are in it might be even a choice that pays out extremely in the right direction.

I hope he releases the data of this "High End System" the compare with VAM 1.x looks promising but i really would like to see the test specs this is based on.

I guess something in the Range of

8 Cores 3700x / 6 Cores 5600x
Radeon 6700 XT

But he doesn't lose one word of Hair in the equation yet, that makes me freaking out a bit.

More complex light more complex Hair and more complex Cloth i have a bad feeling.

PS: Seems though he got arround of some of Unitys main Problems we have yet to see how efficient :)

Last edited:

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
How long do you think it will take until vam 2 reaches 1.20 in terms of functionality? Hopefully not another 3 years, imma have to move in with my gf eventually and I'd like to try it before then.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Nope surely not the foundation work was the hardest (and that was 3 years before release even) and you see moving to the new Unity was relative fast compared to that.
As i expected he will overrun Morgana in no time ;)
Though DQS is slowly outdating but for VR it is a good catch now and compared to others the difference is not that high as to LBS, other currently known methods are impossible without big amounts of GPU power concentrated to it, but with machine learning it could change very rapid as well now watch Nvidia, the Future is awesome ;)
What a very known youtuber would say: "What a time to be alive" in the terms of Technical Evolution in good and in bad ways.

PS: I don't want to see Morgana vanish btw i would love if he/she would join VAM but i understand his/her reasoning as a dev partly not to still sad, i really hope he/she is gonna rethink it and mesh opens up that possibility for him/her :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgrodolo

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
Will there ever be proper futanari morph, or we gonna continue with just trans larping as futa? I can't find any plugin or mod for vagina+penis morph

Vanteal

Mar 7, 2017
If only the UI wasn't the absolute worst UI in the history of UI's ever!.... Been tinkering for days and still can't make sense of anything.

Reactions: reigan

Suppa33260

Mar 23, 2020
Ok, je crois que j'abandonne. Quelqu'un peut m expliquer d'une façon simple de faire les 3 verge nœuds agir comme une seule rigide?
J ai foiré autour avec tout le Respect et la Physique, les options de Liaison et les curseurs et les choses ressemblent encore des nouilles lorsque la taille hne grande.
Ok, je crois que j'abandonne. Quelqu'un peut m'expliquer d'une façon simple de faire les 3 pénis nœuds agir comme une seule rigide?
J'ai foiré autour avec tout le Respect et la Physique, les options de Liaison et les curseurs et les choses ressemblent encore des nouilles lorsque la taille est grande.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
If only the UI wasn't the absolute worst UI in the history of UI's ever!.... Been tinkering for days and still can't make sense of anything.
If you used to complex UIs it is one of the easiest understandable complexity's in a logic sense.
And it requires a very short time to understand, but true for someone not used to complexity it seems very overwhelming.
Though overall it is much less complex than for example the Unreal or Unity Editor UI themselves and you gonna learn it much faster taking you some time.
It is one of the most easiest follow able logic UI you can expect from a Coder believe me ;)
That was a major surprise i also thought it will be a nightmare to understand but it was easy but ok at the beginning it wasn't that crowded many options followed and you have to learn much more now as when you followed it's development and continuously progression from the beginning that's true as well.

Still you should at least watch this to get a bit into it and understanding the Core Logic how Unity complexity transfers and is abstracted down into the VAM UI

Don't give up yet :)

PS: For me VAM is not very far away from DREAMS and i think we can get their as a community i strongly believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: atur and TellyV

Zalasandre

Dec 23, 2017
Hi, sorry if it's a dumb question but i'm pretty new here (and sorry for my broken english) :
I downloaded all the parts, extracted them. Am i supposed to do something else before launching the game ?

The installation instructions talks about a patch wich i'm supposed to place inside the game folder, but unless i'm blind, there's no patch in the files i extracted...
Same about "keys" , can't figure where i'm supposed to enter it since the game doesn't ask for any key, it just launch an empty room with a girl with some black undies.

If someone could point me in the right direction, i would be really happy, because i think i'm missing something.

lonelyloser

Jan 21, 2019
Vam is really cool, thanks for your creation developer! Seems so robust that you can do/build many things. I was wondering, how do you all play this? Do you just create scenes/ models for fun? Or do you possess in VR during scenes for immersion? In my experience so far possessing in VR, any small interactions I make come with the chance of screwing up the position of the scene. limbs everywhere lol

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes