4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

TellyV

Jun 11, 2020
1- if 2.0 will not be compatible with previous versions.
Unfortunately that is a limitation of Unity. They have the same problem with Blade And Sorcery mods, nothing Meshed can really do there. Pretty much everything will be portable to the new version, if and when creators get round to it though. As for creators that are retired, well, there used to be a community with the skills and flexibility with licencing to be able to do that.

Honestly for me that is the biggest loss here. The pirate content will eventually find its way out, even if it takes a bit longer now and is distributed in many locations. But we had a great, active, engaged community with a varied skill set that was expanding every day, that is irreplaceable.

Engagement drives activity, and that engagement wasn't just the main driver for people sharing Patreon content, it was also encouraging more people to start creating and porting assets. 7 days before they killed the thread, we had 5 completely unique pieces, assets, looks, scripts, or scenes created by the community in a 24 hour period. Just going off word of mouth here, but I believe when we got shut down, we were already producing content at a higher rate than FreeDLC. And just as 2.0 is nearing release, with its performance improvements, removal of the CPU bottlenecking and Genesis8 support, they killed the community, sitting on a vast trove of licenced Unity content with the skills and inclination, best placed to put it to use.

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
Would someone good at photo editing please change the color of these nipples and areolas to look more like on the VAM Fame Custom base? Love the look but the nips look weird.

And maybe a less red butt.
Just a quick edit of the nipples. I think someone with more photo editing skills than I should adjust the redness on the butt. I didn't want to mess up the texture.

Edit: I will be away for a couple hours. When I get back, I can finish messing with it to make it lighter or darker. I have been experimenting with decals, textures and tattoos the past couple days anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: sogetthis

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
Unfortunately that is a limitation of Unity. They have the same problem with Blade And Sorcery mods, nothing Meshed can really do there. Pretty much everything will be portable to the new version, if and when creators get round to it though. As for creators that are retired, well, there used to be a community with the skills and flexibility with licencing to be able to do that.

Honestly for me that is the biggest loss here. The pirate content will eventually find its way out, even if it takes a bit longer now and is distributed in many locations. But we had a great, active, engaged community with a varied skill set that was expanding every day, that is irreplaceable.

Engagement drives activity, and that engagement wasn't just the main driver for people sharing Patreon content, it was also encouraging more people to start creating and porting assets. 7 days before they killed the thread, we had 5 completely unique pieces, assets, looks, scripts, or scenes created by the community in a 24 hour period. Just going off word of mouth here, but I believe when we got shut down, we were already producing content at a higher rate than FreeDLC. And just as 2.0 is nearing release, with its performance improvements, removal of the CPU bottlenecking and Genesis8 support, they killed the community, sitting on a vast trove of licenced Unity content with the skills and inclination, best placed to put it to use.
I just hope 2.0 will still be open for modding like 1.x is. If so, then we can just port everything from Unity 2018.1.9f2 to whatever version 2.0 will be on. Same with importing/exporting looks. There are already multiple tools for DAZ to convert g2f to g8f. There will always be a way. If not, then people will just create one. That is one of the reasons why I love the modding community.

Last edited:

aphids

Oct 14, 2019
Would someone good at photo editing please change the color of these nipples and areolas to look more like on the VAM Fame Custom base? Love the look but the nips look weird.

Two versions one mild and one stronger, blending the base female nipples. JPEG format but can upload png if you like the edit
torsoD1.jpg torsoD2.jpg

AmélieLard

May 14, 2020

Here is another so you can choose the one that best suits your model. It's subtle but I think it looks more realistic on the nipples and butt than the original. Haven't tried in game so let me know if something looks weird or is missing and I'll check if that's on my end

Edit: sorry just saw aphids's posts, nevermind mine if you don't need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sogetthis

Hunterdv

Dec 27, 2017
Hello! Anyone recognize this model? Trying to find a name or something to search for. From a korean VAM MMD maker in this video

Luky_luke

Sep 10, 2021
I don't have a headset yet, so I use desktop mode. I am waiting for the right one to be released before I go spending a crap ton of money on one.
Well, i'm having some troubles with the game.
I'm also don't have a VR so i run it in Desktop mode
I don't know how to do any thing
Kinda complex for me
Do you know any YouTube playlist or some videos from anywhere
Even a Thread or article
Any thing that help me understand the game controls and how to modify and create.
In the end
Thank you really for answering
Appreciated

Apr 22, 2018
Kinda complex for me
Even a Thread or article
Any thing that help me understand the game controls and how to modify and create.
In the end
Appreciated
Maybe this will help -

bellypunch3d

May 23, 2019
with certainty...!
Take a look at VAM-Hub practically only paid content is seen now.

in fact they are a bit dumb at marketing.

1- if 2.0 will not be compatible with previous versions.
2- "F95 moderator genius " decides to close the community that sustains the dynamics of the current version.
3- and the PATRONS wanting us to pay for content that besides being obsolete soon with 2.0v and, only offers "more of the same" apart from very few creators.

they still don't realize that it was a shot in the foot.

The fact is, that if 2.0 will not be backwards compatible, continuing to pay for any content for any PATREON is at a minimum, let's say "put money in the trash"
You can continue to use 1.0 after 2.0 comes out.

Reactions: Anon2469

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
Kinda complex for me
Even a Thread or article
In the end
Appreciated
Apologies in advance for the incoming wall of text, but I think this is necessary, especially for new VaM users.

Well, to start off, here are the basic desktop game controls.
Left Mouse button to select things, also used to move a body part of a model or an item.
Right mouse button for rotating camera angle.
Middle mouse "button" for panning camera.
Mouse scroll to zoom in/out.
W A S D for horizontal movement.
X and Z for vertical movement.
TAB to make your head follow the crosshair, similar to POV.
T toggles targets in edit mode.
E to select edit mode.
P to select play mode.
U to toggle the UI on and off.
N brings up the person control UI. (I can't think of what that is called atm.)
M mutes the screen, makes the screen black, incase someone walks in on you while you are editing.
F1 hides all UI, but keeps the scene/look open. Good for taking screenshots.
That is all I can think of.
Oh yeah, like most other games, Alt+Enter is full screen. But, if you Alt+Enter to exit full screen, then Alt+Enter again to re-enter full screen, you will notice a black bar on top and bottom of the screen like widescreen. It's really a pain when you are about to take a screenshot of your look/scene. If it bothers you, like it bothers me, you have two options that I know of.
1. You do nothing and wait for it to refit the screen automatically, which can be instant or it could take minutes. I don't know why it does this.
Or
2. You will have to save what you're doing, exit the game and open the VaM (Config).bat inside vaM folder. Select your screen resolution and make sure "windowed" is unchecked. Just make sure you save before exiting VaM.
Here are some links to youtube tutorial channels that helped me when I first started. Some of the older videos may be outdated, but you will get the idea. Hope this info helps.

JustLooking For Nothing channel:

Master Roshi VR youtube channel:

Wiki:

Last edited:

poiuzxcklj

Mar 31, 2020
At the same time he is working on making VAM 2.X better Paywalled lol. Sounds more like a stategy in the hopes not too many stop using VAM 1x and at least enough people are around to use VAM 2X he knows free content is the best way to assure enough people will want to stay and use VAM 2x.
I'd like to see the ability to purchase a resource for $2-$3 right there in the hub, instead of having to subscribe to someone's Patreon account to d/l one thing you might want.

I think that'd be a huge win for the everyone. I would impulse purchase something if I liked it in the hub. As it is now, it's too much hassle to d/l something on a Patreon page unless I'm really motivated.

Reactions: eponge

Luky_luke

Sep 10, 2021
Apologies in advance for the incoming wall of text, but I think this is necessary, especially for new VaM users.

Left Mouse button to select things, also used to move a body part of a model or an item.
E to select edit mode.
P to select play mode.
M mutes the screen, makes the screen black, incase someone walks in on you while you are editing.
Oh yeah, like most other games, Alt+Enter is full screen. But, if you Alt+Enter to exit full screen, then Alt+Enter again to re-enter full screen, you will notice a black bar on top and bottom of the screen like widescreen. It's really a pain when you are about to take a screenshot of your look/scene. If it bothers you, like it bothers me, you have two options that I know of.
1. You do nothing and wait for it to refit the screen automatically, which can be instant or it could take minutes. I don't know why it does this.
Or
2. You will have to save what you're doing, exit the game and open the VaM (Config).bat inside vaM folder. Select your screen resolution and make sure "windowed" is unchecked. Just make sure you save before exiting VaM.
Here are some links to youtube tutorial channels that helped me when I first started. Some of the older videos may be outdated, but you will get the idea. Hope this info helps.

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER
That is exactly what I'm looking for
All what you wrote is extremely helpful
Thank you!!

bobking1

Feb 5, 2018
Didn't follow much of the drame with the mod thread. I think I saw that a discord server might be replacing the asset threads, is that still working? If so, could I get an invite? Thanks guys!

• Angry
Reactions: ShadowLad

ShadowLad

May 28, 2021
Anyone know how to convert a G8 Morph to G2? New Widowmaker Morph

1631737540188.png

Luky_luke

Sep 10, 2021

E to select edit mode.
P to select play mode.
Or

Wiki:
Hey!!
I found a way to play VaM With a controller
The game become hella easy-to-use
I'm not sure if i can post the link
I found it in Vamhub
In free plugins
So
Open Vanhub
Serach for "Basic gamepad support 3.0"