4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Putachien

Sep 2, 2021
Anyone have the latest ZRSX's Meet the Mitchell's full scene ? He's the last one doing non-boring stuff with real kinkyness ?

ZukoIroh

Oct 12, 2019
I am wondering if redknight00 is at least aware that the sharing is dead compare to before . 10-30 times less and its only getting worst .
.... and ofcourse im not talking for this thread but all the threads that supposed to replace the old one.
I'm pretty sure that was the goal here. In my opinion, and this is probably overstating the obvious, the Patreon creators forced Redknight to do this. This is exactly what they wanted and they got it.

Amalltree

Nov 10, 2018
I looked all over for a solution but i found none
I keep keeping so many red errors when I try to use player created assets or scenes. Most of the scene will loadfine but so many things will just be missing like hair some clothing.
I thought maybe this is only for some players assets just not working right, but I have yet to install a single scene that worked fully without a bunch of "Missing add on package _______" in red.

nopulse

Mar 5, 2020
What is better to use to make a custom character, Foto2Vam or FaceGen?
And could someone please post some links to tutorials, thank you :)

redman7771red17

Jan 13, 2018
I keep keeping so many red errors when I try to use player created assets or scenes. Most of the scene will loadfine but so many things will just be missing like hair some clothing.
I thought maybe this is only for some players assets just not working right, but I have yet to install a single scene that worked fully without a bunch of "Missing add on package _______" in red.
Same here. I just started using the software and I'm having problems with player made content. I checked the text files from the hub site and downloaded all the dependencies but I can only get 1 animation scene out of 13 to work (still got a red window with a huge log of missing assets).

AroD12

Jan 31, 2021
Same here. I just started using the software and I'm having problems with player made content. I checked the text files from the hub site and downloaded all the dependencies but I can only get 1 animation scene out of 13 to work (still got a red window with a huge log of missing assets).
For the newcomers with all the error messages (red) this is because people create VARs in different ways and you only need a few to really create a shit show of dependencies with their own dependencies. I'm not even including those that have dependencies to non-hub material.
Ideally a VAR would be created in a vanilla VAM and adding only the required extra bits. Some people do this (bless them), others don't but they take the time to fix any errors that would show and unneeded dependencies (bless them too), and then there's the rest.

Here's some methods to avoid a million error notices:
  • Don't just drop a million things at once into AddonsPackages. If you do you'll have tons of dependencies likely and if one's a poorly-made VAR it will just be a nightmare.
  • Have a fresh VAM install available to compare the base Addonpackages items with yours. Yes, you can have more than 1 VAM folder.
  • Using the Hub within VAM is helpful to see what a scene needs and that you don't have.
  • If a scene needs dozens of dependencies, be sure that you want it or use a copy of a fresh VAM copy to try it out before deciding it's worth it.
I manage the AddonsPackages folder with subfolders, but this is something I do and not necessarily a good practice. I do that to have a empty AddonsPackages folder, everything that I keep is in subfolders, this way when I have something new to try out and need to get new dependencies they get downloaded to the root AddonsPackages and I can easily see and get rid of them if I decide to not keep the VAR.

You can also place scenes that have a lot of dependencies or errors in a folder outside of VAM, When you want to use those just copy them back into AdddonsPackages, ignore the errors and enjoy them. Once you're done, move them back outside of VAM. For example Ruthven has amazing scenes but also a lot of dependencies, so I have them all in a folder outside of VAM and just copy them in when I want to use those scenes.

And one very important thing, backup your VAM often!

Last edited:

Amalltree

Nov 10, 2018
For the newcomers with all the error messages (red) this is because people create VARs in different ways and you only need a few to really create a shit show of dependencies with their own dependencies. I'm not even including those that have dependencies to non-hub material.
Ideally a VAR would be created in a vanilla VAM and adding only the required extra bits. Some people do this (bless them), others don't but they take the time to fix any errors that would show and unneeded dependencies (bless them too), and then there's the rest.

• Don't just drop a million things at once into AddonsPackages. If you do you'll have tons of dependencies likely and if one's a poorly-made VAR it will just be a nightmare.
  • Have a fresh VAM install available to compare the base Addonpackages items with yours. Yes, you can have more than 1 VAM folder.
  • Using the Hub within VAM is helpful to see what a scene needs and that you don't have.
  • If a scene needs dozens of dependencies, be sure that you want it or use a copy of a fresh VAM copy to try it out before deciding it's worth it.
I manage the AddonsPackages folder with subfolders, but this is something I do and not necessarily a good practice. I do that to have a empty AddonsPackages folder, everything that I keep is in subfolders, this way when I have something new to try out and need to get new dependencies they get downloaded to the root AddonsPackages and I can easily see and get rid of them if I decide to not keep the VAR.

You can also place scenes that have a lot of dependencies or errors in a folder outside of VAM, When you want to use those just copy them back into AdddonsPackages, ignore the errors and enjoy them. Once you're done, move them back outside of VAM. For example Ruthven has amazing scenes but also a lot of dependencies, so I have them all in a folder outside of VAM and just copy them in when I want to use those scenes.

Is there any way to know that a scene or asset im downloading will properly work and has all the required assets? Or is it just a gamble every time.
Also there was one I downloaded that said "Includes all assets required" and still loaded with missing parts and errors.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Is there any way to know that a scene or asset im downloading will properly work and has all the required assets? Or is it just a gamble every time.
Also there was one I downloaded that said "Includes all assets required" and still loaded with missing parts and errors.

The Hub System has a very bad corrupted download check and the download queue stability is also not always perfect, so better make sure data was correctly downloaded and don't queue to much.

check for strange .var filesizes first to small are most probably failed downloads and just server messages sometimes also the content could have been deleted just before you queued it.

Essential tool you shouldn't be without to have a very fast overview

reigan
https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-mate-art-show-us-your-vamskill.90273/

Last edited:

AroD12

Jan 31, 2021
There's no garantee that a scene will work properly because the creator may have shared it broken, untested, or could just be a crappy scene from the start.
If you use the Hub within VAM for that scene it shows what you have and "need" to download, but it won't track dependencies for those dependencies. Quality control is done by the creator, and some are not good or don't care. Luckily when it's reviewed people point out when something is deeply broken.

redman7771red17

Jan 13, 2018

Thanks.
Fortanatly I downloaded the individual scenes I already placed them in their own folders and zipped them so All I had to do was just copy the specific scene files into my ad-ons directory.

So far it has been running smooth now that I understand how to use the UI and the file formats.

13h12

Nov 19, 2017
Hope someone can help me out here,

Ive looked around but may have missed it. Ive gotten some mod assets but not sure where to install or put the files.
Can someone either tell me or direct me to it? Like ive said i looked around but couldnt find it, not sure if its written or not.

Thanks.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes