urhenmon

Oct 5, 2020
When I try to load a male pose, sometimes the penis will just flap around. Is there some kind of workaround for this?

moc587

Jun 6, 2022
Thank you so much again for this, I kind of figured out how to use it (still not perfect). But this changes everything :love:

View attachment 3866777 View attachment 3866778

It took about 15-20 minutes to bake the lights with Bakery at 100 texels, it's 1000x better than with the default CPU lightmapper :D
wow that looks really good. good job. i have tons of stuff i wanted to port, but have been procrastinating. seeing that gave me motivation to try my hand at some baking.

Mar 22, 2024
I have a problem with VaM and VR. It worked via Virtual desktop, but now -I most likely changed something- in VR it's crap. Since the time I tried it in desktop mode. Moving your head means the 3D worlds moves around that viewpoint and gets distorted. It's like a 3D mode in 2D view. On desktop it looks as is supported to be, but on VR it does't work as it did. I guess it's a setting in some mode, but I cannot find how/what. The weird thing is that when I use a new install of VaM it's the same. Stranger is that only VaM seems to 'affected' by this. Also it's only in combination with Virtual Desktop and not with Meta link (which for me works less well wireless).

Does anyone recognize this situation and more importantly, knows a solution?

kettava

Dec 25, 2020
1. this is the true vam experience, clunky, slow, bloated, buggy af and so fucking frustrating sometimes you'd want to pull your hair out. theres no way out of it lol. vam doesnt have a good way to manage packages. so u will end up downloading all sorts of useless garbage packages as dependencies. my only advice here is to simply not download those dependencies. check each of them to see if its worth it and if not skip. and ignore the "missing dependency" warnings, the are inconsequential anyway.
my old vam install was more than 600 gigs filled with useless shit. now its around half that 320 gb. i also have used this tool in the past, highly recommended. another advice is when you see a clothing or hair that u dont like within vam, click on that cube icon, which opens up addon package manager where you can delete them. again ignore those "missing dependency" warnings.

2. if it says not on hub, then its means the page of that specific item is not setup properly to download within vam. this could be cos the author might be linking directly to their patreon or some other site. or it just doesnt exist on vamhub. theres no good answer for this, you have to ask around.

3. check how animataion is applied. if its with plugin, open its ui > More > import/export > export. now u can import it anywhere. if its made with vams built in animation thing, use to import/export it.
And for appearance issue, yea thats how most people do it, really fucking annoying. they dont ship appreance presets, they just include the scene only. you have manually open up scene and save it as a appearance preset.
Thanks for reply.

Thought that was just me with stupidly big archive of useless things. Thanks goddness that you mentioned about folders in archive. I was thinking to try it but forgot while it was easy to do and few hours later i alrdy was with huge collection and i being lazy to sort it manualy give up on this idea then.

So now i made backup, redownload "looks" that i wanted to use as base for my looks and put em in archive which was empty before, then i used scan thing again and with that i know which files needed for looks that im going to use and i put em in other folder, lets say "Author name sub files" Took me few hours to figure out these things.
Its way easier to sort out things now. I have few folders for each author, main and sub.

Can you tell me which was is best or right to save looks/apperance?

I noticed that some of creators is using "looks" in some kind of scenes and when you trying to apply any "look" that u just downloaded u simply can't, cause it is in scene and you can't use it like that.

Few days i been saving it like that:

- Load scene with that look i needed

- Select that little green figure "person"

- Go to - Appearance preset

- Type some preset name and click on "create preset"

with that manipulations i have file type "VAP" and JPG with portrait. But today i learned how to do same or not same diferent way.

- Go to - Control & Physics 1 and click on "save look"

with that i have "JSON" and JPG with portrait.

I tried to load it on base look but it seems that both work same.

Which way should i use via appereance preset or control & physics 1 ?

arenem

Dec 9, 2022
Thanks for reply.

Thought that was just me with stupidly big archive of useless things. Thanks goddness that you mentioned about folders in archive. I was thinking to try it but forgot while it was easy to do and few hours later i alrdy was with huge collection and i being lazy to sort it manualy give up on this idea then.

So now i made backup, redownload "looks" that i wanted to use as base for my looks and put em in archive which was empty before, then i used scan thing again and with that i know which files needed for looks that im going to use and i put em in other folder, lets say "Author name sub files" Took me few hours to figure out these things.
Its way easier to sort out things now. I have few folders for each author, main and sub.

Can you tell me which was is best or right to save looks/apperance?

I noticed that some of creators is using "looks" in some kind of scenes and when you trying to apply any "look" that u just downloaded u simply can't, cause it is in scene and you can't use it like that.

Few days i been saving it like that:

- Go to - Appearance preset

- Type some preset name and click on "create preset"

with that manipulations i have file type "VAP" and JPG with portrait. But today i learned how to do same or not same diferent way.

- Go to - Control & Physics 1 and click on "save look"

with that i have "JSON" and JPG with portrait.

I tried to load it on base look but it seems that both work same.

Which way should i use via appereance preset or control & physics 1 ?

There's a plugin...by Chokaphi, if I remember...that will automate that process for you. It will scan VARs for any person in the scene.json and generate apearance, hair, clothing and skin presets. The presets are sorted into the appropriate directory within their own subfolder, named by author.

You get options to set camera positions for the thumbnails, and can filter by author if you only want specific looks...I'd recommend doing that as if it scans the entire addonpackages folder at once it'll take a _very_ long time and leave you with a load of junk presets you'll never use.

Might be worth a try.

As far as the two types of appearance presets go, the custom/appearances one is generally used nowadays, saves/person is a legacy format.

Reactions: kettava

kettava

Dec 25, 2020
There's a plugin...by Chokaphi, if I remember...that will automate that process for you. It will scan VARs for any person in the scene.json and generate apearance, hair, clothing and skin presets. The presets are sorted into the appropriate directory within their own subfolder, named by author.

You get options to set camera positions for the thumbnails, and can filter by author if you only want specific looks...I'd recommend doing that as if it scans the entire addonpackages folder at once it'll take a _very_ long time and leave you with a load of junk presets you'll never use.

Might be worth a try.

As far as the two types of appearance presets go, the custom/appearances one is generally used nowadays, saves/person is a legacy format.
Thx for reply

I found that plugin. Will give it a try NOW cause im really tired to get all the preset from scenes. I do like her works as for base, bcuz its alrdy good enought. But i'm absolutely hate her for doing her looks in scenes.
I do realize that she did if on purpose for advertise reason, scenes with good lighting and all. But still hate -.-

UPD: It works! But not as perfect as i thought.
This script made 800 presets just from one scene that is probably broken or smth else. But it s ok as long as it does work for actual presets that i need and well.. its not :(
Somehow some scenes is hidden to that script.
I can save presets manualy but that script can't do the work.

Last edited:

oklol111

Mar 7, 2021
In my scenes, even though I have allowed the Plugins to operate, the system still asks me if I want to use that Plugin. Is there a way to fix it (I have pressed allow always many times).
1722052716998.png

D3d

Nov 20, 2018
Cant wait for the Ember's heirloom skin from Warframe to get ported over to vam, its so hot!

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys, I am new to VAM and am trying to run a scene I downloaded.

I cant seem to get anything to work. This is the error log if it helps. Screenshot 2024-07-28 001711.png

Thanks.

ergo36

Oct 24, 2021
Hi guys, I am new to VAM and am trying to run a scene I downloaded.

I cant seem to get anything to work. This is the error log if it helps. View attachment 3873416

Thanks.
The plugin Timeline is trying to change some morphs that are not loaded. You are missing a dependency(but then that's not the entire error log) or it's a wrong preparation by the author. If it's the author's fault, they should either have included the morphs in the VAR or added another VAR that includes the morphs as dependency.

Fixes are find the morphs and add them yourself inside the VAR or as a dependency. A shitty quick fix is find the morphs and drop them inside the appropriate subfolder inside "VAM FOLDER\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\" but remove them after you get bored with the VAR in question. Too many things loaded in VAM makes it slow.

You can also ignore it. Chances are the changes Timeline makes to the missing morphs are subtle(Glute Size, Glute Angle, Hip size). If the missing morphs were something that would fundamentally transform the character then you would want to fix it.

Reactions: What'sNew
Mar 22, 2024
I have a problem with VaM and VR. It worked via Virtual desktop, but now -I most likely changed something- in VR it's crap. Since the time I tried it in desktop mode. Moving your head means the 3D worlds moves around that viewpoint and gets distorted. It's like a 3D mode in 2D view. On desktop it looks as is supported to be, but on VR it does't work as it did. I guess it's a setting in some mode, but I cannot find how/what. The weird thing is that when I use a new install of VaM it's the same. Stranger is that only VaM seems to 'affected' by this. Also it's only in combination with Virtual Desktop and not with Meta link (which for me works less well wireless).

Does anyone recognize this situation and more importantly, knows a solution?
Anyone? The game works normally with Air Link, but not with Viurtual Desktop. I'm confident now it's 2D view in VR. Whatever I do (reinstall SteamVR, a new VaM install, default settings, changing monitor with M on desktop, create the new .bat files Quest or Virtual Desktop without SteamVR) nothing changes and I can't get it to work like it did before.

Anyone with a new insight to have VaM in VR on a Quest 3 from Desktop?

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
The plugin Timeline is trying to change some morphs that are not loaded. You are missing a dependency(but then that's not the entire error log) or it's a wrong preparation by the author. If it's the author's fault, they should either have included the morphs in the VAR or added another VAR that includes the morphs as dependency.

Fixes are find the morphs and add them yourself inside the VAR or as a dependency. A shitty quick fix is find the morphs and drop them inside the appropriate subfolder inside "VAM FOLDER\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\" but remove them after you get bored with the VAR in question. Too many things loaded in VAM makes it slow.

You can also ignore it. Chances are the changes Timeline makes to the missing morphs are subtle(Glute Size, Glute Angle, Hip size). If the missing morphs were something that would fundamentally transform the character then you would want to fix it.
Thanks for your reply. I have to admit most of what you said flew over my head. All I know is that I have added the dependencies to the AddonPackages folder so the scene should work properly.

Would it help if I specified the exact "scene" or "game" (I dont even know the right terms) I am trying to run?

Also, I have been told in another thread that the reason I am getting this error is because I am using an older version of VAM, in this case v1.20.77.9. Does this matter?

ergo36

Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I have to admit most of what you said flew over my head. All I know is that I have added the dependencies to the AddonPackages folder so the scene should work properly.

Would it help if I specified the exact "scene" or "game" (I dont even know the right terms) I am trying to run?

Also, I have been told in another thread that the reason I am getting this error is because I am using an older version of VAM, in this case v1.20.77.9. Does this matter?
Post the scene or point me to where it's in the forum and I will give it a look. The thing with morphs is that they won't be auto loaded in VAM even if they are added as a dependency or added in the VAR if they are not called from the scene. You have to also change the VAR or the dependency VAR to autoload its morphs. So the author might have added the required VAR as dependency but the VAR is not set to auto load morphs and the error happens.

As for the VAM version you almost always want to use the latest version. Plugins work in low level with VAM and most recent plugins might work correctly only with the latest version of VAM. The plugin might call a function that has been added or changed in the latest VAM and might not work with the older version.

ergo36

Oct 24, 2021
Anyone? The game works normally with Air Link, but not with Viurtual Desktop. I'm confident now it's 2D view in VR. Whatever I do (reinstall SteamVR, a new VaM install, default settings, changing monitor with M on desktop, create the new .bat files Quest or Virtual Desktop without SteamVR) nothing changes and I can't get it to work like it did before.

Anyone with a new insight to have VaM in VR on a Quest 3 from Desktop?
I had something like this when I installed the beta version of Virtual Desktop. My view was like I was lower and farther that where I was supposed to be, even the controllers in my view didn't correspond to where my hands were.

I had to uninstall Virtual Desktop from PC and Quest and install the stable version.

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
Post the scene or point me to where it's in the forum and I will give it a look. The thing with morphs is that they won't be auto loaded in VAM even if they are added as a dependency or added in the VAR if they are not called from the scene. You have to also change the VAR or the dependency VAR to autoload its morphs. So the author might have added the required VAR as dependency but the VAR is not set to auto load morphs and the error happens.

As for the VAM version you almost always want to use the latest version. Plugins work in low level with VAM and most recent plugins might work correctly only with the latest version of VAM. The plugin might call a function that has been added or changed in the latest VAM and might not work with the older version.
Aight. This is the forum I was talking about.

Ok I am completely lost here. I started QClub but cant get past the first screen I see. I tried clicking Start, Tutorial, used my phone and clicked on the map icon. Nothing is working.

Needless to say I'm a newbie to VAM. Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

edit: This is the error log if it helps. View attachment 3873381
The scene is QClub found in the OP of that thread. Thanks for helping out.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes