AlternateDreams

I'm tired, boss.
Game Developer
Apr 6, 2021
Yes, I know there is no virus!
I downloaded it before, but after reinstalling the system it was lost.
Now I can't download.
I tried to download through my phone but nothing worked :(
This is just the updater right?
If that's the case, then this is the official link:

• Love
Reactions: Monton
Jul 19, 2017
Yes but the process is a bit involved. First use something like uTinyRipper to extract the mesh from assetbundle, then load it in unity and export it as obj or fbx. Idk if unity has a builtin option to do that, i know there are third party tools available like FBX exporter, idk you have to look into it yourself but i know its definitely doable.

Anyways when you get hold of the mesh, import it into Daz and do the regular clothing creation process. Save as>scene subset etc. import into Vam with Clothing creator. Now you sort of have CUA as a clothing but it'll look janky. Vam will try to wrap it on the body like a regular clothing, and most solids objects will look fucked up. You have two options now and .

Clothing rewrapper will rewrap the clothing to vertices of your choosing. This makes it so the morphs that can affect the clothing are the ones that also affect the vertices you chose before (does that make sense?). So if you chose like one or two vertices, there wont be morphs fucking up the mesh, and will fix the above issue. This one is more complicated than static clothing but cloth physics will only work with this method.

If you dont need cloth physics use Static Clothing. It will turn the entire clothing into solid object which you can parent to a bone. Also you can adjust its position, rotation etc. This is the best option if the object is something like a hat or glasses (something solid that doesnt need physics). if you enable physics old clothing will come back.

Both these options need you to setup .

Follow up question, how do I extract from a VAR file?

EDIT: Figured it out.

gkiller056

Jul 15, 2020
Hi guys, this is the first time I'm trying the game and I wanted to know how to install the mods, could someone explain it to me?

DenbaJba

Dec 3, 2018
I really try to like this game but I can't because of the poor performance. Ok, my GPU is not the best, it's only a 2080 rtx but playing this game in VR has been a pain in the ass lately.

Oct 25, 2019
Hello guys. I haven't used VAM for a long time. Please advise.
I'm on version 1.20.77.9 (from 2022) and i'm afraid to update to 2.6.0.0
I read about some license check. Is it true? My old plugins and clothes won't stop working if I update?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I really try to like this game but I can't because of the poor performance. Ok, my GPU is not the best, it's only a 2080 rtx but playing this game in VR has been a pain in the ass lately.
1. Use givemefps plugin: tweak hair multiplier and hair curve to about 16, and increase hair width until it looks good
2. Use the CPU performance patch:
3. Use Virtual Desktop instead of Airlink or SteamLink (set it to use ASW, Snapdragon Super Resolution)
4. Tweak the scene: delete whatever is causing lag, sometimes it's a plugin, other times it's a CUA; always make the guy bald (no need to spend precious resources rendering the guy)

I play VR with a 6700XT and the performance isn't poor. Maybe the problem is your CPU? (I use a Ryzen 5600)

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
1. Use givemefps plugin: tweak hair multiplier and hair curve to about 16, and increase hair width until it looks good
3. Use Virtual Desktop instead of Airlink or SteamLink (set it to use ASW, Snapdragon Super Resolution)
4. Tweak the scene: delete whatever is causing lag, sometimes it's a plugin, other times it's a CUA; always make the guy bald (no need to spend precious resources rendering the guy)

I play VR with a 6700XT and the performance isn't poor. Maybe the problem is your CPU? (I use a Ryzen 5600)
Are you use soft-body & advanced physics - 5600 handle it?
PS. You can tweak hair multiplier and hair curve without givemefps - just use hair settings.

Aug 4, 2021

Also make sure to use "Var Browser".
Vam boots up within 15 seconds on my heavy 400GB installation and any scene takes 10-30 seconds to load.
Virtual Sweetheart takes 1-2 minutes but that scene is cluttered with hundreds of settings and plugins.
Overall fps are also better and no more lags or freezes.
When downloading from the hub for example or adding something ingame from addonpackages,
it doesnt freeze for 10-20 seconds like it always has for me before using var packer.
Best plugin for VaM IMO.

Last edited:

DenbaJba

Dec 3, 2018

Not really my CPU too, I have a 5800 X3D. Thanks for the tips.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes