RPGM Abandoned Vis Major [v0.48] [Doki Ninja]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
"BETA was titled - Vis Major (RE). It was a temporary name and now I think I have a better one...

Vis Major: Awakening

But... now that I wrote it here... this name probably makes more sense after you actually play it. So please hold off your judgment until then!"

Should've been "Re:Vis Major"

Reactions: Doki Ninja

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Long time no see everyone!

First of all, thank you @ for posting updates here and keeping this thread alive.

Also, I just saw the new OP picture, and I love it! Whoever made it - you are awesome! :eazyHype:

I feel like I should explain my long absence, at least to myself... :ForeverAlone: So the reason I didn't come here for quite a while is because I didn't want to distract myself from finishing this first version of the game, sorry about that. I would say it worked out in the end though!
I will once again be a bit more active here.

Now then, onto the game!
If you find any bugs, I would really appreciate it if you posted them on Discord as well -
This will ensure fastest reaction possible.

Also, general feedback and suggestions are welcome.

P.S. I advise you to check the "pictures" folder after you complete the game to see if you missed anything!
I named all images in a convenient fashion for you to know what goes where.

Wow this game ... was so much better when the mom was dead, i wanna kill her already, shes a total bitch.
Do not worry, if you decide to go against her - I will make you feel bad for her as well. :RarePepe:

Should've been "Re:Vis Major"
me.jpg

Reactions: Ekzar and UncleVT

BobYu94

Jul 8, 2017
Is neutral the only choice available at the very first choice at the beginning of the game? I couldnt choose anything else i tried using the left and right buttons and clicking on the other 2 images.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I'd like to ask same question because that "neutral" part leads to a disgusting part where MC asks old fart to ride him, and it seems that it can't be avoided, so that's where I finished my gameplay.

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Is neutral the only choice available at the very first choice at the beginning of the game?
Yes, Intro is linear.
I'd like to ask same question because that "neutral" part leads to a disgusting part where MC asks old fart to ride him, and it seems that it can't be avoided, so that's where I finished my gameplay.
1. You never see anyone ride anyone nor do you hear or read about it, that's where it ends
2. Intro can be skipped
If that is not enough, I guess this game is not for you. :pokerFace:

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yes, Intro is linear.

1. You never see anyone ride anyone
2. Intro can be skipped
If that is not enough, I guess this game is not for you. :pokerFace:

:
  • Text could only be skipped with mouse during Intro (2 text boxes were affected)
It is not enough because no matter if player didn't saw it or if skip intro - it had happened(and player knows that). I, personally don't want to control and play with MC which wants to ride some old disgusting farts.
So, yeah, game remained same as it was before. Pure crap It just blindly follows your(dev's) desires and and leave no space for player to change things. And I guess it is not for me.

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
So, yeah, game remained same as it was before. Pure crap It just blindly follows your(dev's) desires and and leave no space for player to change things. And I guess it is not for me.
I find it a bit odd how it is so completely black and white for you. A backstory is there to show you what happened in the past, what gave birth to a story you are about to play. It is set in stone, yes, that is how most, if not all, games/stories/myths/legends/books function.

Later during the Intro you will see a car crash. Well, then you could make an argument that you didn't want that to happen. So should the game end right there? You could think of a dozen situations like that.
It seems that even if I gave you 100 different paths on how things progress after the Intro, the game is still "pure crap" because there is that one thing that happened and somehow it means I forced my desires on you.
Well, technically, all characters - their personalities and their physical looks, are based on creators desires. What if someone says that all games are pure crap if they don't allow player to choose everything themselves - from characters looks to map sizes?

All in all, I know that we all have our unique tastes, and that is fine. All I'm saying is that maybe, just maybe, a game can be something more than just a 1 or a 10.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I find it a bit odd how it is so completely black and white for you. A backstory is there to show you what happened in the past, what gave birth to a story you are about to play. It is set in stone, yes, that is how most, if not all, games function.

Later during the Intro you will see a car crash. Well, then you could make an argument that you didn't want that to happen. So should game end right there? You could think of a dozen situations like that.
It seems that even if I gave you 100 different paths on how things progress after the Intro, the game is still "pure crap" because there is that one thing that happened and somehow it means I forced my desires on you.
All character personalities and their physical looks are based on creators desires. What if someone says that all games are pure crap if they don't allow player to choose everything themselves - from characters looks to map sizes?

All in all, I know that we all have our unique tastes, and that is fine. All I'm saying is that maybe, just maybe, a game can be something more than just a 1 or a 10.
Of course there are stuff between 1 or 10. But there are stuff which are 1 or 10.(in this case 1) It's called "dealbreaker". Stuff as character looks and map sizes are those which makes game worse or better(all in terms of personal preferences), (for example- it is bad, player wish it is different but he can get over it and game is still playable for him). But "dealbreaker" makes game unplayable no matter what. All other stuff are not important comparing to it. For example there are people which finds futa or NTR or rape or whatever as "dealbreaker" and they will not play game which contains their "Dealbreaker" no matter if everything else in that game is perfect. For me - it is any kind of interaction with elderly or (for my taste) ugly male characters which can't be avoided.
And yes, you forced your desires in this game, because not all people wants MC which ride elders, but yet, if they want to continue with your game they must do that part. That is forced content. It is not something like, "o gosh my MC drives yellow car i wish collor was red"... It's worse. Far worse.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
so far i'm loving the re-write. wouldn't mind a slightly fast dash speed, but can't wait to see it after you have more of your content put back in. still manages to keep the feel and flow of the first game, but with far less confusion. also save options at choices is nice.

only bug i'm encountering if after you make a choice off the 3 panel, game likes to just go into skip text and fly through til you can interrupt it. not sure whats causing it, the mouseclick maybe. either way. keep up the great work.

on a funny note. unavoidable futa is one of those dealbreakers for me. and i don't see any yet, so full speed ahead xD

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
And yes, you forced your desires in this game, because not all people wants MC which ride elders, but yet, if they want to continue with your game they must do that part. That is forced content. It is not something like, "o gosh my MC drives yellow car i wish collor was red"... It's worse. Far worse.
I do see your point regarding dealbreakers. From my understanding, however, they usually apply when there is sexuality involved, at least a hint of it.
The riding part you reference does not have that. One is a child, another is a babysitter that hates his job and just wants to leave. He happens to be fat, yes.
I guess it once again comes down to individual level. If, as you said, ugly, fat or old people are inherently repulsive to you, then sure, there is no way this game will ever appeal to you. From what I gathered, it sounds like if I made an ugly character touch heroines shoulder and then gave you a chance to kill him right after, that would still be too much for you, because he already touched her. :oops:

wouldn't mind a slightly fast dash speed
I'll see if I can speed it up a bit. By default speed increases in increments of 2, so when I tried double speed it was just way too fast.
only bug i'm encountering if after you make a choice off the 3 panel, game likes to just go into skip text and fly through til you can interrupt it.
Did this happen only once or after every personality based choice? If once, maybe your Ctrl key was stuck?

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
I'll see if I can speed it up a bit. By default speed increases in increments of 2, so when I tried double speed it was just way too fast.

Did this happen only once or after every personality based choice? Maybe your Ctrl key got stuck?
it seems to only happen when i mouseclick the innocent option. after that it blitzes throught lines. mashing the x seems to make it stop. not ctrl stuck. was first thing i checked. XD hope that helps

played my first run full innocent/naive route. about to run the opposite option now

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
it seems to only happen when i mouseclick the innocent option. after that it blitzes throught lines. mashing the x seems to make it stop. not ctrl stuck. was first thing i checked. XD hope that helps
Hmm, no idea, all three paths function exact same way. Does this happen right after you click or after you see "+1 Innocence." message?
I guess I will wait for your report on other paths as well.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Looked so promising then i read RPGM.... Those RPGM games need to die out. Its like playing some bad NES games with awesome renders in between. ..

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I do see your point regarding dealbreakers. From my understanding, however, they usually apply when there is sexuality involved, at least a hint of it.
The riding part you reference does not have that. One is a child, another is a babysitter that hates his job and just wants to leave. He happens to be fat, yes.
I guess it once again comes down to individual level. If, as you said, ugly, fat or old people are inherently repulsive to you, then sure, there is no way this game will ever appeal to you. From what I gathered, it sounds like if I made an ugly character touch heroines shoulder and then gave you a chance to kill him right after, that would still be too much for you, because he already touched her. :oops:
There are also children which don't feel urges to ride their babysitters. But I guess that in this game only children which exists are those which fits dev's preference about that matter.
About last part, killing would be nice, but no need for such a drastic measure. Broken nose with MC's fist or knee in balls and kick with foot in head after he falls down would be appropriate response. :angel:

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Looked so promising then i read RPGM.... Those RPGM games need to die out. Its like playing some bad NES games with awesome renders in between. ..
  • Small map
  • Quick travel
  • Very little walking
  • Save during choices
  • Journal with character info
  • No blinking animations/images from what I can tell
  • Can play in browser

Why do people hate RPG MV so much? :FeelsBadMan:

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
could anyone give me the link of 0.48 ver
It's public ->

Direct links:

- use Firefox

Updated the OP.
@crust Could you change the name as well so that there is no confusion? This is a separate game. If you copy/paste it over VM 0.48, it will not work.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes