RPGM Abandoned Vis Major [v0.48] [Doki Ninja]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bug
Player Menu-Status-Variables
right side is missing - so Minx with points is missing

The walkthrough is not up to date, some chooses you dont have anymore and so one

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Bug
Player Menu-Status-Variables
right side is missing - so Minx with points is missing

The walkthrough is not up to date, some chooses you dont have anymore and so one
Minx should be on the left side, and from what I can tell, it is. 1.JPG

About the walkthrough - it is available for 15$+ Patrons, I didn't see it posted here. Are you referring to walkthrough for VM 0.48? If so, that is a different game.

Hmm ...can you write something more about it?
Main post here does not refer to Awakening. Awakening does not require any editing at the moment.

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
can someone explain what the biggest difference from shameless to naive is ? played a good portion of the game once with shameless and kinda like the whole eh whatever if people see me do stuff i do it anyway how is naive different like how far does she go with the whole guess there is no harm in doing this and that

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
can someone explain what the biggest difference from shameless to naive is ? played a good portion of the game once with shameless and kinda like the whole eh whatever if people see me do stuff i do it anyway how is naive different like how far does she go with the whole guess there is no harm in doing this and that
Before I answer, just a reminder - these things only exist in VM 0.48, which is abandoned.
Awakening uses a different morality system.

With that out the way...
Shameless was meant to be a "I don't give a fuck what others think, so I can walk around naked" approach.
Naive was "well, they said it's okay, so I guess I should undress" type of thing.
But it was confusing even for me, some situations could use both stats just as successfully. It was pretty random in some cases. That is why I changed it completely in the new game.

Reactions: cusa

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
The new game is a major improvement in quality; it just feels more slick. I didn't mind the old story, but the new one is more intriguing and psychological than sci-fi video gamey "top secret military elixir gives daughter special powers."

No bugs that I found, though the key to hide the text and see the image didn't seem to function.

So.... many.... ellipses... in this.... game.... :). But the transitions and text crawl does kind of make it a timesink to replay with the other route. That was a lot of spamming the CTRL key to get that Sheva kiss after choosing minx the first time through.

Why do people hate RPG MV so much? :FeelsBadMan:
I like a good RPGM when it's done well, but with Renpy you get used to depending on the mouse-wheel rollback and skipping previously read text so that replaying the game with different choices is snappy and efficient. The quicktravel option and being able to save as needed is a huge improvement!

I'm eager for the next update! I voted for more Kitty because that intro scene was just cruel haha...

Reactions: Doki Ninja

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
Veeeeery small font on they thoughts... Bad... -5/10... (I'm on laptop) Make italic type or something

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Minx should be on the left side, and from what I can tell, it is. View attachment 72989

About the walkthrough - it is available for 15$+ Patrons, I didn't see it posted here. Are you referring to walkthrough for VM 0.48? If so, that is a different game.

Main post here does not refer to Awakening. Awakening does not require any editing at the moment.
Minx should be on the left side

Sorry I mean left Minx is missing !!!

I played with Intro.

With New Game+ (skip Intro) I have Minx on the left side.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Why do people hate RPG MV so much?
Lingering bad impressions over the sheer amount of wasted back-and-forth travel in a totally uneccessarily ghost town with several maps that has no other reason just to travel across them. After the bad impressions were made it kicks in even without giving a new one a try. It became an instinct, a bad reflex.
Its quite unfortunate but understandable. There is nothing wrong with RPGmaker, its the way how it was used by the devs.. And there are those who hate the oldschool, oldfashioned look. You just stick to it if you are good at it. You know the cliché, you can't appease everyone.

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
No bugs that I found, though the key to hide the text and see the image didn't seem to function.
Hmm, no idea why would that be. Both Shift keys should work. :oops:
So.... many.... ellipses... in this.... game.... :).
I have played around with other ways on how to make an impression that the character is thinking what to say next and this was the one I stayed with. I don't know, maybe I'll figure something out before the next update.
I voted for more Kitty because that intro scene was just cruel haha...
:evilsmile:

Veeeeery small font on they thoughts... Bad... -5/10... (I'm on laptop) Make italic type or something
Sure, I have no problem with increasing size a little bit, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll add it to Fix_2.

With New Game+ (skip Intro) I have Minx on the left side.
Yup, it's a bug, thank you!

Is Lesbianism central here or just a side thing with a scene or two?
It's a side thing, you can choose if you want to pursue it.

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
Have a question: in clothes shop subtitles are skipping themeselves, keys are not pressed, not sticking... only ESC helped stop that..

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
It's a side thing, you can choose if you want to pursue it.
I'll have to make a confession here. I had my eyes on this game for quite some time now but never actually touched it myself because i was always wondering if this is a lesbian game then or not. Instead of just asking about though i just moved on every time to try something else. But now that i was given an answer there is very little excuse left for me not to give this a try :D

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
So far the re-start looks pretty good, though it is always a bit scary and disappointing to go backwards in content(just because of experience with other games where they never seem to get back to where they were, can only play the intro and first act so many times). Hopefully the previous content gets worked back in soon and then we can continue on, since I really have enjoyed Vis Major over the past several months.

I only ran into 2 bugs:

Minx doesn't show up in the menu->status->variables window, though neutral and innocence do All 3 do show up in the save game summary in the save/load screen.

After running into Jax or whatever the big dumb guy's name is, outside his gym. You can actually enter it. If you go to the workout room, you see home girl on all 3 of the exercise machines just chilling. Unless the gym is actually a secret clone lab you're supposed to see, might need to keep that locked up :)

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Knowing you can go against mom is a good :p
Also, might want to mention a epilepsy warning, so many pink/purple flashes during the intro

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes