vortexton

Dec 23, 2017
Strange. Does anyone have the same problem?
I've solved by using the terminal
Here is how you fix it.

You need 2 files inside the app. So right click the app and click show package contents

File 1: Contents -> MacOS -> Game_Name (will look like a text file)

File 2: Contents -> MacOS -> lib -> darwin-x86_64 -> Game_Name

- Open terminal.
- Type: chmod +x path_to_file1 and press enter
- Type: chmod +x path_to_file1 and press enter
- The game should run.

You can get the path by directly dragging and dropping the files to terminal.
This Helped!

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
the story progresses nicely and i'm glad the mom and dad scene got redone with a choice to turn him down but was it me or was there no real h-scenes..? a few nude girls here and there but i expected more since the mc is supose to be a manwhore lol..kinda disappointed by the lack of sex scenes..guess i gotta wait for a few good more updates before i try this game again

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Vis [v0.5] [Mad King Games] - Original Size: 882.09

Download Win (103.89MB):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is it just me, or is the story very hard to follow? Part of it is due to the wait between updates, but not all games have this problem. There is just something about the way the story is getting revealed that makes it hard to know what is going on. Actually, I don't think there is really a plot to even follow yet. It usually feels like we don't have a goal. We just do random things and sometimes we see random scenes with random characters without any clue as to how these might be relevant.

I will try to write down my limited understanding on the game so far (never replayed previous chapters, so memory is kinda fuzzy).

I admit that I might not have paid the closest attention to some details, but I legit read every line without skipping. I think there is some serious issues with the story telling.

ps. Can anyone explain to me whats going on lol.

Reactions: morpheusahrms

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Is it just me, or is the story very hard to follow? Part of it is due to the wait between updates, but not all games have this problem. There is just something about the way the story is getting revealed that makes it hard to know what is going on. Actually, I don't think there is really a plot to even follow yet. It usually feels like we don't have a goal. We just do random things and sometimes we see random scenes with random characters without any clue as to how these might be relevant.

I will try to write down my limited understanding on the game so far (never replayed previous chapters, so memory is kinda fuzzy).

We meet MC. He is a sarcastic, flippant, non serious type. You meet mom, sis, and sis. You get some mission from dad..? I forgot what. You go with the 2 chicks, one of them is your GF or childhood friend or something. You tell them some story about some... witch or ...? Sexy time with those girls. Wake up at camp and they are gone. You find the assassin or something who killed your gf? You kill assassin and you get poisoned. But assassin's body wasn't found I think. Undertaker brings you to mom. Mom has dream of Lilith and makes a pact or something. She kills a mook for sacrifice. She jacks you off to bring you back to life. You then go on some random adventure...? Meet some elf girl. What is her significance..? Some dudes try to kill you and your sis comes to help you? Then.... you go on some adventure... and swim and find some ring... and that ring is some kinda magic. That elf girl gets kidnapped... and some nostafaru looking witch has her. Why? Morrigan has vision of some lady...? Ring affects witch and you kill her. That was the last episode right.. Now we see a random ass character Wilfred and Ida. Lilith is there about to be executed for some reason. I assume this is in the past. She corrupts Ida and makes a deal with Wilfred. Then it says "the same day in your castle." Ok so that wans't in the past. We now see MC training with some new girl. Younger sis gets jealous. Lilith going by the name Cosette interacts with little sis. I can't remember who Cosette is and if she was in the story before. Always you drink with the trainer and get femdomed or just go to sleep. End.

I admit that I might not have paid the closest attention to some details, but I legit read every line without skipping. I think there is some serious issues with the story telling.

ps. Can anyone explain to me whats going on lol.
Hi mate,

First of all, please use the spoiler tag.

Second. The adventure is about to be shaped due to some random events that their outcome will generate other events in the future. From five updates I can't reveal the whole concept and the whole world that I wanted to create.
In the future, the Vis world will hold bigger events but for that to happen, we need to do "random things" that are for us are random but for the outcome of the story are not be like that.

Regarding the updates, as I said, I am limited by my assets so I don't know of what games are you making a reference but most of the games here start with a basic system and with a developer that has another job. In due time, when there is support for more, then we can speak of improving the release content as for date and content.

Thank you for playing, mate

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
I dont see why this game geting this much praise.
The story seems just a bunch of random even string togather in a vague plot about how gods are control freaks and a lust demoness will set you free.
Atleast that is my interpetation of it.
Also i spend way to much time asking myself:
What is the story with the father.
He seems moronic evil.
Add to this i encounted meaby 3 or 4 choices.
The game is very much on rails.

It isnt bad but i dont get the praise it is recieving.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hi mate,

First of all, please use the spoiler tag.

Second. The adventure is about to be shaped due to some random events that their outcome will generate other events in the future. From five updates I can't reveal the whole concept and the whole world that I wanted to create.
In the future, the Vis world will hold bigger events but for that to happen, we need to do "random things" that are for us are random but for the outcome of the story are not be like that.

Regarding the updates, as I said, I am limited by my assets so I don't know of what games are you making a reference but most of the games here start with a basic system and with a developer that has another job. In due time, when there is support for more, then we can speak of improving the release content as for date and content.

Thank you for playing, mate
Oh I do enjoy the game. I'm not just bashing on it or something. I wanted to leave some constructive criticism and get some help in understanding the plot.

I really see that there is a intricate plot and you guys have a grand story in mind. However, there is a very real problem (in my opinion) with the story telling part. Like how you reveal the plot to the audience. I am not a writer or anything, but as a consumer, it can be quite frustrating if every chapter of a book only adds more questions. Another flaw that I see is that the MC doesn't seem to have a driving goal or any kind of motivation yet. Even if the MC is not the proactive type and prefers to drink and fuck some chicks, events should be laid out to engage him in some major plot lines. We havn't seem that yet. These two problems together makes it feel like the story isn't going anywhere.

I guess the nature of segmented releases of updates makes it much worse in this respect, but I would say even a fully completed book needs to really try to grip the reader in the first few chapters.

Good luck!

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
Is it just me, or is the story very hard to follow?
Nope, it's not just you. The story jumps all over the place and (seems) to be full of jumps back and forth in time, without a good way to tell what happens when in the timeline. I like the game a lot, but this needs some more work. Dealing with flashbacks, reveals and different plot paths is not trivial, so while ideally a plot could be structured that it is clear what happens when and why, I would already be happy with small splash screens like "Six months ago", "Present Day" or "Meanwhile in Kansas".

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
the story progresses nicely and i'm glad the mom and dad scene got redone with a choice to turn him down but was it me or was there no real h-scenes..? a few nude girls here and there but i expected more since the mc is supose to be a manwhore lol..kinda disappointed by the lack of sex scenes..guess i gotta wait for a few good more updates before i try this game again

Hi mate,

Thank you for playing. When I started to develop the game and the story, first I wanted to build up the precondition for this world. At first, I want to highlight the relationships that the MC is having with the other characters ( what is their history, what are their role in the world, how they can influence the MC). At some point, I will expand the MC's life to the public when we have a steady picture of the characters that I merged into the story.

Thank you mate

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
I dont see why this game geting this much praise.
The story seems just a bunch of random even string togather in a vague plot about how gods are control freaks and a lust demoness will set you free.
Atleast that is my interpetation of it.
Also i spend way to much time asking myself:
What is the story with the father.
He seems moronic evil.
Add to this i encounted meaby 3 or 4 choices.
The game is very much on rails.

It isnt bad but i dont get the praise it is recieving.
Hi mate,

First, thank you for playing. As I said, in the previous posting, I can reveal everything from the start.
Second, imagine the first star wars movie when it was released. In that episode did anyone explained who was Darth Vader and what were his origins, or the sith, or the galactic empire or where the force came from? I don't think so. The fact that the information is not delivered from the start, it shouldn't be a
backlash, but a 'feature' that will only raise questions.

In the end, I want to say that, it is praised because compared with other games, it does have a unique plot, world, characters and so on.

Cheers,

Reactions: Canto Forte

ChuckyF16

Nov 4, 2018
Anyone else getting an error message that the file is missing or damaged when trying to unzip the file?

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
Hi mate,

First, thank you for playing. As I said, in the previous posting, I can reveal everything from the start.
Second, imagine the first star wars movie when it was released. In that episode did anyone explained who was Darth Vader and what were his origins, or the sith, or the galactic empire or where the force came from? I don't think so. The fact that the information is not delivered from the start, it shouldn't be a
backlash, but a 'feature' that will only raise questions.

In the end, I want to say that, it is praised because compared with other games, it does have a unique plot, world, characters and so on.

Cheers,
First: I think you mean cant reveal everything from the start.
I noticed that typo several times in the story aswhile.
Second: Darth vader scared the crap out of the protaganist(and looked like a badass to the fans)
Where everyone just seem to threat the father like something to step on.

Yeah i agree it is above average but i have seen way beter story.
Lab rats 1 and 2, hentai highschool, superpowered, take over, long live the princess, corruption, etc.
Granted it is above average by simply virtue that most other story are just plain bad.

I wish you luck with this game.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
First: I think you mean cant reveal everything from the start.
I noticed that typo several times in the story aswhile.
Second: Darth vader scared the crap out of the protaganist(and looked like a badass to the fans)
Where everyone just seem to threat the father like something to step on.

Yeah i agree it is above average but i have seen way beter story.
Lab rats 1 and 2, hentai highschool, superpowered, take over, long lived the princess, corruption, etc.
Granted it is above average by simply virtue that most other story are just plain bad.

I wish you luck with this game.

For the typos, there is a person that is taking care of it. Thank you for your kind remark.
I gave that example (star wars) because no one knew what was that about. It was just an event that would not betray the outcome of the game. I won't sacrifice the story and the build-up, just to deliver the whole plot at once.
I am sure that at some point in the future, players will understand that every release has its purpose and it is not just a random deploy of events.

Cheers

bamachris55

Donor
Feb 15, 2018
I love this game and almost everything the developer is done with it so far but this update to be a small as it is seems to be hurried and Confusing more than anything else. I eagerly look forward to the next chapter and hope it's more explanatory.

Reactions: Anthony2
3.80 star(s) 87 Votes