Eliza12

May 2, 2017
I played through chapter 1, and in case the dev is still reading this, I will say this. While the game is good, there doesn't seem to be that much content yet. That would be the main reason why you failed to make money, you expected to make good money too fast. And while doing that, instead of making more content for the main game, you got distracted with the sandbox and the origin story, which in the end let people lose interest.

All the big Patreon money makers didn't get like that overnight, it took the devs months/years of work and slow growth to get there. So my advice to you would be, whatever you do next, stay focused on it, don't get distracted, and if it's good the money will come when there is enough content and regular updates to make people feel like it is wroth it. You will need to provide decently sized content updates monthly, if you are unable to make that kind of commitment, you will never be able to do this for a living.

I hope this analyses is helpful and good luck with your next project.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I played through chapter 1, and in case the dev is still reading this, I will say this. While the game is good, there doesn't seem to be that much content yet. That would be the main reason why you failed to make money, you expected to make good money too fast. And while doing that, instead of making more content for the main game, you got distracted with the sandbox and the origin story, which in the end let people lose interest.

All the big Patreon money makers didn't get like that overnight, it took the devs months/years of work and slow growth to get there. So my advice to you would be, whatever you do next, stay focused on it, don't get distracted, and if it's good the money will come when there is enough content and regular updates to make people feel like it is wroth it. You will need to provide decently sized content updates monthly, if you are unable to make that kind of commitment, you will never be able to do this for a living.

I hope this analyses is helpful and good luck with your next project.
A very honest and true analysis, IMO. Which is why I feel switching gears, yet again, to hire a team and do something totally different is a mistake.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Thank you all for providing feedback regarding the project and the latest news. I wished there was a happy path where I could foresee these issues and the fact that I would eventually find my limit regarding overworking. Mistakes were made, and as this was my first project, there was a pretty good possibility that I could face issues I never thought about, before.
I see Patreon, F95 and other sites like these, as an 'incubator' for rising devs. That would imply mistakes, problems and anything that comes with a lack of experience. I still think that the community is an open-minded one, where we enjoy good moments and also where we get through the bad ones, together.
I've heard other people saying that people will tag you as a dev that doesn't finish projects and people will never support someone like that. I would like to say that this is a harmful way of thinking, less for me as a developer and more for the community. Why? Well, first of all, this type of thinking, paves the way for rebranding. This means that developers will start changing names/brands when quitting developing games. And the irony will be that enraged people, who once vowed not to support/play/pledge anything from those devs again, they can end up supporting that developer, without realizing it.
Second, it can discourage people to start walking on this path, as a developer, seeing the outcome of failure.
I will not choose the path of rebranding, because I want people to know my failures as well as my achievements.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
I've heard other people saying that people will tag you as a dev that doesn't finish projects and people will never support someone like that. I would like to say that this is a harmful way of thinking, less for me as a developer and more for the community. Why? Well, first of all, this type of thinking, paves the way for rebranding. This means that developers will start changing names/brands when quitting developing games. And the irony will be that enraged people, who once vowed not to support/play/pledge anything from those devs again, they can end up supporting that developer, without realizing it.
Second, it can discourage people to start walking on this path, as a developer, seeing the outcome of failure.
I will not choose the path of rebranding, because I want people to know my failures as well as my achievements.
This happened with Mr. Unique from the game Esteria I'm unsure as to what his previous Dev name was, but someone once told me he had changed his name for the same reason you describe. He has history of making games he abandons starts a new game and abandons again. Screenshot 2022-12-19 2.37.40 AM.png

Myrroddin

Jun 15, 2022
I understand this game is now "on hold", possibly never continuing. I am playing through 1.61, and looking for some clarity about Morgana in the dungeons. Of the two path choices, I'm guessing "whore" keeps her to yourself, not even shared between Morigan or Lilliana or Lilith. And "plaything" is the NTR path, which is where I have questions. Is "plaything" supposed to or was supposed to lead to Morgana being shared with random soldiers and courtiers? Or was "plaything" the intended path for sharing Morgana with the MC's sisters and Lilith?

I think both of those paths are avoidable in the throne room; instead of "This is the last time you..." choose "Desperate times..." and Morgana will become neither your whore or plaything.

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
It's on hold not abandoned I mean mad King Loved His characters so we did Why Would he Leave it uncomplete and I also see his working on other Game if this mean something it means His passion Still Lighting and I would Say his Probably didn't want To lose this Passion With getting bored Over same Secene so he put the game on hold to think over great Follow up and ending it's not easy I got story I still write it and I am No dev just Some story Jump it in my head and I did the start And I am Stuck For Sometime Now so good Luck for you mad King and merry christmas :coffee:

AKSHAN

May 6, 2022
Its sad that this is on hold i was really getting into it, has huge potential but i understand the circumstances.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Dang just seen this bad news

It sucks that this got AVN got stopped ... Loved the mother and older sister characters and looks

And the game itself was not bad either

But i can understand the dev his reasons specially if u worked 3 years on it and hardly have anything to show for it money wise

But still its sad to see this not being continued :cry:

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Sad to find this game is now abandoned.
I really enjoyed the world that was created.
Perhaps Dev stretched himself too far. If I remember, there was once 3 or 4 different off shoots of the game.
Thanks for sharing your dream. Best of luck for the next project.

PS. My suggestion keep it simple and get experience before going big. A few smaller scale stand alone games that tie into each other before a magnum opus

COOLMASTER

Nov 12, 2019
Thank you all for providing feedback regarding the project and the latest news. I wished there was a happy path where I could foresee these issues and the fact that I would eventually find my limit regarding overworking. Mistakes were made, and as this was my first project, there was a pretty good possibility that I could face issues I never thought about, before.
I see Patreon, F95 and other sites like these, as an 'incubator' for rising devs. That would imply mistakes, problems and anything that comes with a lack of experience. I still think that the community is an open-minded one, where we enjoy good moments and also where we get through the bad ones, together.

DON T STOP THIS GAME please, its one of the best ;) and you are too

3.80 star(s) 87 Votes