LegendKing23

Feb 15, 2019
Great game! As a huge fan of the Witcher and fantasy genre, this game has huge potential. I agree with previous posts, free roam is an incredibly ambitious gamble that usually does not pay off in the games that I have played. That aside, love the models and story. Any plans for cheating/NTR? Might add a nice dimension, especially with how jealous the sister got of Aya.
Pls NO ntr/cheating just please i love this game so much that i will get disappointed that this is fucked up for me. This game will get deleted for me immediately if that happens. :confused:

adidas420

Sep 18, 2017
free roam is fine if done right but most people have a attention span of a squirrel and just want to skip to the scenes which they can not do with free roam

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Pls NO ntr/cheating just please i love this game so much that i will get disappointed that this is fucked up for me. This game will get deleted for me immediately if that happens. :confused:
To be honest it wouldn't make much sense. Morrigan doesn't seem to be sexually interested in anything but her brother; and it's not even sexual, it's way more than that, she sees him as part of herself, so I very much doubt she would do anything that could harm him in any way.

We've seen the mother doing stuff with her husband (which I guess is fine, even if she hates him) and the guy that she later kills. But all of that is born from the frustation of not being able to take the man she actually wants, Aeden. So again, even if it could happen, it would be something purely carnal and wouldn't mean much.

About the little sister, I don't even know if she's even a LI. I'm sure we will eventually "save her" from her future husband. But at this point she's a little bit irrelevant.

So no. I don't think NTR would make sense in this game, but I'm not the dev and I've seen others try to shoehorn it even if it didn't make any sense, so who knows. I hope there won't be any, Aeden seems like the kind of guy that would burn the whole country if someone threatened his loved ones.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017
To be honest it wouldn't make much sense. Morrigan doesn't seem to be sexually interested in anything but her brother; and it's not even sexual, it's way more than that, he sees him as part of herself, so I very much doubt she would do anything that could harm him in any way.

We've seen the mother doing stuff with her husband (which I guess is fine, even if she hates him) and the guy that she later kills. But all of that is born from the frustation of not being able to take the man she actually wants, Aeden. So again, even if it could happen, it would be something purely carnal and wouldn't mean much.

About the little sister, I don't even know if she's even a LI. I'm sure we will eventually "save her" from her future husband. But at this point she's a little bit irrelevant.

So no. I don't think NTR would make sense in this game, but I'm not the dev and I've seen others try to shoehorn it even if it didn't make any sense, so who knows. I hope there won't be any, Aeden seems like the kind of guy that would burn the whole country if someone threatened his loved ones.
Good point, I was just thinking out loud.

May 23, 2019
Some auto forward system would be nice, so i could enjoy game without constant clicking ........
So... More like a movie and less like a game? You can always... I don't know... watch a movie?

I don't get people complaining about games that look like games instead of a slideshow of images... There are like billions of movies/images/comics on the internet, I know it's hard to believe but it's true

MataHariX

Nov 12, 2018
Next month
I am a new member, so maybe you can help me.
We use only Mac computers here and this game "cannot be opened" irrespective of which utility I use to extract the compressed archive. Is there a tutorial somewhere and how can I find a solution?
Thank you.

Reactions: Taboo Lord

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi mates,

After this update, I was like Poland in world war II but still, I have some things to clarify.

1) I've heard some opinions that the game updates are somehow short:

A )For an update, there are around 110 images (this update had more than 120 images.). An image has around 1h and a half to render.
B) The script - which is created then sent for proofreading and after it is corrected it is implemented. A script can be more complex as there are choices and points involved.
C) Testing - Smoke test for the entire game and testing all the user paths for the release that is in development. There are some bugs that are getting through but are few and are not blockers.
All of these are done in my free time because I have a job. I am not backed by Blizzard or EA so I am doing it alone (except for the proofreading).

2) There are some scenes that don't make sense - for now:
As I mentioned in the point from above, there are limited hours I can develop the game. For now, at least. With every update, a piece of the puzzle will be revealed.

3) The free-roaming feature:
As I said, I wanted to implement this from the beginning. And when I say from the beginning I mean when there was an opening, after I acquired the necessary knowledge to do that.
From my gamer experience, there were some games that didn't start with free roaming and after some levels, it opened this feature to the gamers.
Games like:
GTA V
Mass Effect 2 & 3 & Andromeda.
Dragon Age
Saint Row
and so on
All of these had some levels after which if you passed them, you would get into the open world map.

What I had in mind when I implemented this?! It is simple.
I want for the players to return to the game, even if an update is not released. To get unique interactions with his/her favorite characters, to explore the county and the empire and to get familiar with traditions, the history and the people from Vis.
There are games that ruined this with their free-roaming?! I know and I understand your concern but there are games that ruined the fantasy genre. That doesn't mean that I have to avoid that genre and I am confident that I have the creativity to do something unique.

All I've done and will do is to improve the quality of the gameplay and the experience itself. I could have easily gone with the initial model that it was but it would only limit the world that I have in mind when I imagined Vis.

In the end, I want to say that I always read your opinions and I hope we can both merge into this world called Vis.

Yours,
Mad King

LegendKing23

Feb 15, 2019
Hi mates,

After this update, I was like Poland in world war II but still, I have some things to clarify.

1) I've heard some opinions that the game updates are somehow short:

A )For an update, there are around 110 images (this update had more than 120 images.). An image has around 1h and a half to render.
B) The script - which is created then sent for proofreading and after it is corrected it is implemented. A script can be more complex as there are choices and points involved.
C) Testing - Smoke test for the entire game and testing all the user paths for the release that is in development. There are some bugs that are getting through but are few and are not blockers.
All of these are done in my free time because I have a job. I am not backed by Blizzard or EA so I am doing it alone (except for the proofreading).

2) There are some scenes that don't make sense - for now:
As I mentioned in the point from above, there are limited hours I can develop the game. For now, at least. With every update, a piece of the puzzle will be revealed.

3) The free-roaming feature:
As I said, I wanted to implement this from the beginning. And when I say from the beginning I mean when there was an opening, after I acquired the necessary knowledge to do that.
From my gamer experience, there were some games that didn't start with free roaming and after some levels, it opened this feature to the gamers.
Games like:
GTA V
Mass Effect 2 & 3 & Andromeda.
Dragon Age
Saint Row
and so on
All of these had some levels after which if you passed them, you would get into the open world map.

What I had in mind when I implemented this?! It is simple.
I want for the players to return to the game, even if an update is not released. To get unique interactions with his/her favorite characters, to explore the county and the empire and to get familiar with traditions, the history and the people from Vis.
There are games that ruined this with their free-roaming?! I know and I understand your concern but there are games that ruined the fantasy genre. That doesn't mean that I have to avoid that genre and I am confident that I have the creativity to do something unique.

All I've done and will do is to improve the quality of the gameplay and the experience itself. I could have easily gone with the initial model that it was but it would only limit the world that I have in mind when I imagined Vis.

In the end, I want to say that I always read your opinions and I hope we can both merge into this world called Vis.

Yours,
Mad King
Brother keep doing whatchu doing aight? Either free roam or vn it's cool with me(just no ntr all that cuckold cheating shiitt). It's just that i wish you good luck cuz whatchu planning is big thing and a lot work to be done. I hope a art will come out of this. And if a lot of people hate after whatchu done maybe you will change it i dunno. But if people love it after all that comments don't jump on a bandwagon aight guys? I'm just joking. :devilish: :geek: Either way i wish you a bright future for this game good luck.

Jun 10, 2019
So... More like a movie and less like a game? You can always... I don't know... watch a movie?

I don't get people complaining about games that look like games instead of a slideshow of images... There are like billions of movies/images/comics on the internet, I know it's hard to believe but it's true
It's virtual novel....... option of that would be fine, you can click if you want. There is no point in constant clicking on text, your main interactions are choices.I don't want to sit in chair, like i sit most of day, i want to sit on sofa with feet on table. It's not complaining it's good suggestion and easy to make.
Your comment is really idiotic, yes there is lot of everything on internet and what is your point ?

Reactions: generic_username98

LegendKing23

Feb 15, 2019
It's virtual novel....... option of that would be fine, you can click if you want. There is no point in constant clicking on text, your main interactions are choices.I don't want to sit in chair, like i sit most of day, i want to sit on sofa with feet on table. It's not complaining it's good suggestion and easy to make.
Your comment is really idiotic, yes there is lot of everything on internet and what is your point ?
My man your main interactions are choices you kinda right but you don't wanna read the story? You don't wanna see maybe something happens when you skip and you missed it think about it but that's non of my business :whistle:
Maybe you already seen everything just start from beginning and wanna skip what you already seen then here you go.

Jun 10, 2019
My man your main interactions are choices you kinda right but you don't wanna read the story? You don't wanna see maybe something happens when you skip and you missed it think about it but that's non of my business :whistle:
Maybe you already seen everything just start from beginning and wanna skip what you already seen then here you go.
I didn't mean skip option, but auto forwarding so text automaticly move to another text after few seconds. Yes i do want to read story, but just from sofa instead of chair, with beer in my hand instead of mouse :)

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Some auto forward system would be nice, so i could enjoy game without constant clicking ........
Just change the settings to unseen text and in the game press tab it will skip to next choice.
I didn't have to change any setting and am managing fine with ctrl... mind you I actually do read this one, so maybe there's something to that...

free roam is fine if done right but most people have a attention span of a squirrel and just want to skip to the scenes which they can not do with free roam
Also us old fucks are blind as a bat and can't see some of the freeroam options that aren't glaringly obvious.

Taboo Lord

Oct 12, 2017
I am a new member, so maybe you can help me.
We use only Mac computers here and this game "cannot be opened" irrespective of which utility I use to extract the compressed archive. Is there a tutorial somewhere and how can I find a solution?
Thank you.
I'm having the same issue as well. I'm a mac user and can't get the game to open after unzipping it. Is it me or is it the developer who's at fault here?

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
I'm having the same issue as well. I'm a mac user and can't get the game to open after unzipping it. Is it me or is it the developer who's at fault here?
There is a fix spotted by one user:

1. Open the Terminal app, then enter the following in the terminal (don't enter the quotation marks):
2. "cd ". For example, if you put the game in /Applications/RenPy, "cd /Applications/RenPy"
3. "cd Vis.app/Contents/MacOS". This takes you to a directory inside the game application.
4. "chmod +x Vis". There's a file here called "Vis" that doesn't have permission to execute. This makes the file executable.
4.a. "ls -al Vis" will show you the permissions on the file if you are interested.
5. "cd lib/darwin-x86_64". This navigates to the second file with bad permissions.
6. "chmod +x Vis". This fixes the permissions on the second file (which is also called Vis).
7. Exit Terminal. All fixed!

Reactions: Taboo Lord
3.70 star(s) 86 Votes