FroKe88

May 15, 2017
Hi mates,

After this update, I was like Poland in world war II but still, I have some things to clarify.

1) I've heard some opinions that the game updates are somehow short:

A )For an update, there are around 110 images (this update had more than 120 images.). An image has around 1h and a half to render.
B) The script - which is created then sent for proofreading and after it is corrected it is implemented. A script can be more complex as there are choices and points involved.
C) Testing - Smoke test for the entire game and testing all the user paths for the release that is in development. There are some bugs that are getting through but are few and are not blockers.
All of these are done in my free time because I have a job. I am not backed by Blizzard or EA so I am doing it alone (except for the proofreading).

2) There are some scenes that don't make sense - for now:
As I mentioned in the point from above, there are limited hours I can develop the game. For now, at least. With every update, a piece of the puzzle will be revealed.

3) The free-roaming feature:
As I said, I wanted to implement this from the beginning. And when I say from the beginning I mean when there was an opening, after I acquired the necessary knowledge to do that.
From my gamer experience, there were some games that didn't start with free roaming and after some levels, it opened this feature to the gamers.
Games like:
GTA V
Mass Effect 2 & 3 & Andromeda.
Dragon Age
Saint Row
and so on
All of these had some levels after which if you passed them, you would get into the open world map.

What I had in mind when I implemented this?! It is simple.
I want for the players to return to the game, even if an update is not released. To get unique interactions with his/her favorite characters, to explore the county and the empire and to get familiar with traditions, the history and the people from Vis.
There are games that ruined this with their free-roaming?! I know and I understand your concern but there are games that ruined the fantasy genre. That doesn't mean that I have to avoid that genre and I am confident that I have the creativity to do something unique.

All I've done and will do is to improve the quality of the gameplay and the experience itself. I could have easily gone with the initial model that it was but it would only limit the world that I have in mind when I imagined Vis.

In the end, I want to say that I always read your opinions and I hope we can both merge into this world called Vis.

Yours,
Mad King
Everything is fine.
Just keep up your exciting story :cool: (y)

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I want for the players to return to the game, even if an update is not released. To get unique interactions with his/her favorite characters, to explore the county and the empire and to get familiar with traditions, the history and the people from Vis.
There are games that ruined this with their free-roaming?!
I'll amend my previous notions. If you want freeroaming to be worthwhile, don't hinge plot points on it or if you do, make the markers very obvious, perhaps to the point of being gaudy, and if you can, impossible to mistake for a bit of similarly colored scenery.

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Watch out dev, this free roam thing could be your 'stab in the back'. I'm not against it, free roam could be great too as long as you know how best to implement that in your game, and there are already many examples of that. I really want to keep playing this game. I don't want to leave it as I did with 'Indecent Desires'. So good luck in the future.

Reactions: LegendKing23

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I don't want to leave it as I did with 'Indecent Desires'.
They recently went through a revamp. I pretty much started after the revamp, and don't have a problem. Of course, the navigation system was cited as pretty much the whole reason for the revamp.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hi mates,

After this update, I was like Poland in world war II but still, I have some things to clarify.

1) I've heard some opinions that the game updates are somehow short:

A )For an update, there are around 110 images (this update had more than 120 images.). An image has around 1h and a half to render.
B) The script - which is created then sent for proofreading and after it is corrected it is implemented. A script can be more complex as there are choices and points involved.
C) Testing - Smoke test for the entire game and testing all the user paths for the release that is in development. There are some bugs that are getting through but are few and are not blockers.
All of these are done in my free time because I have a job. I am not backed by Blizzard or EA so I am doing it alone (except for the proofreading).

2) There are some scenes that don't make sense - for now:
As I mentioned in the point from above, there are limited hours I can develop the game. For now, at least. With every update, a piece of the puzzle will be revealed.

3) The free-roaming feature:
As I said, I wanted to implement this from the beginning. And when I say from the beginning I mean when there was an opening, after I acquired the necessary knowledge to do that.
From my gamer experience, there were some games that didn't start with free roaming and after some levels, it opened this feature to the gamers.
Games like:
GTA V
Mass Effect 2 & 3 & Andromeda.
Dragon Age
Saint Row
and so on
All of these had some levels after which if you passed them, you would get into the open world map.

There are games that ruined this with their free-roaming?! I know and I understand your concern but there are games that ruined the fantasy genre. That doesn't mean that I have to avoid that genre and I am confident that I have the creativity to do something unique.

All I've done and will do is to improve the quality of the gameplay and the experience itself. I could have easily gone with the initial model that it was but it would only limit the world that I have in mind when I imagined Vis.

In the end, I want to say that I always read your opinions and I hope we can both merge into this world called Vis.

Yours,
Mad King
The problems with free-roam in this type of game are manifold.
1. There's not enough content to make it in any way interesting and not a chore.
Just consider this, the pace in which you are making this game is rather slow, perfectly understandable given that you do it in your free-time. In this pace how many years will it take to make a free-roam game with enough content not to be boring and tedious?
It's your game, your thing, but if I could give you one advice, tell the story, finish it, then go back, introduce the free-roam and add as much as you want.

2. You never know where to go. In normal open world games you have a map and you have markers for your quests, so you always have an idea where to go. In many of the failed free-roam games here you click around and around and you find nothing and you waste time and get frustrated.

Case in point, some have found the bath just fine, others like me are clicking every available option (all I can see at least) and find nothing, only to then find out you have to go in the entirely opposite direction than the arrowhead you actually marked when writing about finding older sis.

Frustrating stuff like this will quickly kill any interest in a game I have whatsoever. So little time, so many games.

You have a lot of good things going here, some of the women are outright gorgeous, the writing is fine (if a bit verbose at times), the story is interesting enough, so I just hope you have very good plans for the free-roam part not to become boring and frustrating.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Hi mate,
All the hidden scenes are available, for this update, if you have the minimum number of lust points.
Ok then how do you access them? Because I keep seeing things like "Scene Unlocked" but there's no place to see them. I checked the Gallery and even things I had unlocked earlier were gone and replaced with a big Red button with a Yellow Lock on it.

The only lust points for Morgana was when the MC was floating above the bed, and I clicked on it. "Scene Unlocked", but no sex scene happened, so what the hell are you talking about? Is this just a special scene that should be in the Gallery, something I have to click on during a scene or should the scene just start up because this shit is getting tiring you just saying "It's there", the game saying the scene was unlocked and the scene not being present in any context.

SHOW WHERE AND HOW

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Ok then how do you access them? Because I keep seeing things like "Scene Unlocked" but there's no place to see them. I checked the Gallery and even things I had unlocked earlier were gone and replaced with a big Red button with a Yellow Lock on it.

The only lust points for Morgana was when the MC was floating above the bed, and I clicked on it. "Scene Unlocked", but no sex scene happened, so what the hell are you talking about? Is this just a special scene that should be in the Gallery, something I have to click on during a scene or should the scene just start up because this shit is getting tiring you just saying "It's there", the game saying the scene was unlocked and the scene not being present in any context.

SHOW WHERE AND HOW
Hi mate,

Those are the scenes unlocked, and the notification is there to inform the player that he/she has the necessary point and the scene was unlocked.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi mate

"The problems with free-roam in this type of game are manifold.
1. There's not enough content to make it in any way interesting and not a chore.
Just consider this, the pace in which you are making this game is rather slow, perfectly understandable given that you do it in your free-time. In this pace how many years will it take to make a free-roam game with enough content not to be boring and tedious?
It's your game, your thing, but if I could give you one advice, tell the story, finish it, then go back, introduce the free-roam and add as much as you want."
I understand your point of view. And yes, probably at this pace the game will have an extended roadmap but the whole idea with Patreon and the patrons Is for them to help at the game improvement. As I mentioned on my page, at a milestone I will be able to invest in a new rig. That means more content and therefore more features. Also, it will mean that I can go to Mexico and become EL Chupacabra. The most feared drug lord ever. Every time I will do a drive-by or a gang takeover, you will know that you helped me to make this a better world.

"2. You never know where to go. In normal open world games, you have a map and you have markers for your quests, so you always have an idea where to go. In many of the failed free-roam games here you click around and around and you find nothing and you waste time and get frustrated.

Case in point, some have found the bath just fine, others like me are clicking every available option (all I can see at least) and find nothing, only to then find out you have to go in the entirely opposite direction than the arrowhead you actually marked when writing about finding older sis.

Frustrating stuff like this will quickly kill any interest in a game I have whatsoever. So little time, so many games."
As I mentioned on this forum and in this game, it's in beta version. There will be a map and an objective list among other things. At this point, I implemented so that the user can get used with the castle and the concept whatsoever but it's not completed by far. I know it's confusing but with future releases, things will change.

Thank you mate

Cheers,
El Chu.... Mad king

Last edited:

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Hi mate,

Those are the scenes unlocked, and the notification is there to inform the player that he/she has the necessary point and the scene was unlocked.
And yet the Morganna sex scene doesn't play, so..

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
There is no morgana sex scene i don't know why dev tell us that you can unlock that scene. I actually even look at the pictures of the game there is no such a thing so
The whole discussion started regarding tags. I said that even at this stage there is sex. One example was Morgana scene. The scene you get if you choose the option where Morgana will have sex with the king while thinking of the MC. Regarding the hidden scenes there are scenes in this update that you will be unlocked if you have the points . In this update there are no sex scenes

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Is the mother name Morgana? I missed that or i don't know but she is describe as just mother her name title says mother that's why. I already know that queen and the king scene. I thought or we thought you're talking about the sexy badass sister.
In the official version, her name is Morgana

Jellal

Jun 14, 2017
i'm so confused GO TO THE BATHHOUSE where the fuck is it?? i have clicked on all points and not found it?? nvm game was bugged

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes