Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
I, too, have an ASOIAF-shaped premonition about the final release date for this one.

On the other hand, Martin is an vieux riche hack who got lucky with decent Tolkien subversion plot no 543033 and his east coast journo school old boys, then milked it for 30 years and going.

APD13 by contrast is a chap/gal who is clearly young, dumb and driven to want to follow a good idea where it leads them. I realise I'm posting this in the neko VN repository but executing Morgan's acceptance of her feelings for the PC through a ballet with the death mass as soundtrack was objectively pretty fucking neat. I found myself actually enjoying a piece of "content" in the year of our Lord 2020. This thing may well sputter out but something of the creator has been allowed to bleed into this production (albeit inconsistently) and that is always nice to see for its own sake.
I don't know if I should be offended by this or flattered :D

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Related to the castle management features:
The first thing is that there will be a plot and a story to follow, and of course, it will take us to unknown paths where we are going to influence the outcome. The management part will not be implemented because I lack any vision of what is about to happen, but it will be implemented there to reflect what type of ruler you want to become. Having the power to influence the state and the outcome of the kingdom, and later of other kingdoms is only a possibility for you to actively feel like a king.
One best example will be of how will you keep the power when there is an internal threat. Will you try to settle it peacefully or make an example out of those who dare to confront your reign.
Also as a note, if in the beginning, I wanted somehow to highlight the good and the bad in every decision, after some time I've decided that I shall not define what is good or bad in terms of actions in this game, but there will be moral consequences to it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, the management system is there for you to shape the kingdom as you want it. The story will be influenced by some things in the management system, like for example the army when you will win battles if you are going to have a certain military power, or when you create special and so on, but it will not be grinding as for example world of warcraft.

Related to the plot length, when I started this game, I had in mind to create a world, from scratch. I can't fit into the normal pattern of people where I deliver a game where you get to bang the women of the house after, for example, after you safely deliver the groceries and they realize that you are now 'za man'. I mean, somehow the premises of a trap are starting to shape up into the gaming world, due to patterns for "successful" games. So if we follow those patterns, how can we still have something unique?! How can we enjoy a fresh idea?!

For me, it would have been really easy to have a VN with two choices, with a plot that wouldn't be as much of a work, that would have ended in ~6 months/1 year.

It really depends on what do you want from a game, comparing it with your experience. You want more or less.
As always I must say that I respect everyone's opinion and this is only me, stating my point of view.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 1310400

Related to the castle management features:
The first thing is that there will be a plot and a story to follow, and of course, it will take us to unknown paths where we are going to influence the outcome. The management part will not be implemented because I lack any vision of what is about to happen, but it will be implemented there to reflect what type of ruler you want to become. Having the power to influence the state and the outcome of the kingdom, and later of other kingdoms is only a possibility for you to actively feel like a king.
One best example will be of how will you keep the power when there is an internal threat. Will you try to settle it peacefully or make an example out of those who dare to confront your reign.
Also as a note, if in the beginning, I wanted somehow to highlight the good and the bad in every decision, after some time I've decided that I shall not define what is good or bad in terms of actions in this game, but there will be moral consequences to it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, the management system is there for you to shape the kingdom as you want it. The story will be influenced by some things in the management system, like for example the army when you will win battles if you are going to have a certain military power, or when you create special and so on, but it will not be grinding as for example world of warcraft.

Related to the plot length, when I started this game, I had in mind to create a world, from scratch. I can't fit into the normal pattern of people where I deliver a game where you get to bang the women of the house after, for example, after you safely deliver the groceries and they realize that you are now 'za man'. I mean, somehow the premises of a trap are starting to shape up into the gaming world, due to patterns for "successful" games. So if we follow those patterns, how can we still have something unique?! How can we enjoy a fresh idea?!

For me, it would have been really easy to have a VN with two choices, with a plot that wouldn't be as much of a work, that would have ended in ~6 months/1 year.

It really depends on what do you want from a game, comparing it with your experience. You want more or less.
As always I must say that I respect everyone's opinion and this is only me, stating my point of view.

Cheers
Sounds good, i love the story of the game so as long as it continues being great im happy.

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
The last version I played was the 0.8 and I don't know how the story is progressed and what are the new scenes with the "sisters" and "mom" but from what I see the patch has not updated since version 0.7. I guess that there is no interest for the taboo theme anymore ?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The last version I played was the 0.8 and I don't know how the story is progressed and what are the new scenes with the "sisters" and "mom" but from what I see the patch has not updated since version 0.7. I guess that there is no interest for the taboo theme anymore ?
The incest patch in the OP works for version 1.1.

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
The incest patch in the OP works for version 1.1.
Ok, technically it works. But there aren't any new dialogue lines added to the patch since version 0.7. So the guy who added these lines to the patch probably loose interest to continue or there aren't new scenes / dialogues which require such corrections. Also I think that the dialogues have become more generic now with very limited reference to their relationship (brother, sister, etc.). Anyway thanks for the reply.

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
Very good game so far. There are times when the game does feel like it's a bit over the top with the epic fantasy vibe of most of the events, but it does also execute it well enough to feel very different from 99,9% of the other VNs. I'm a little afraid of the sandbox, but the kingdom management part does sound like a potentially nice addition. Very ambitious project by the dev as he seems to himself agree in not that many messages before this. Hopefully it turns out great :)

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
Very good game so far. There are times when the game does feel like it's a bit over the top with the epic fantasy vibe of most of the events, but it does also execute it well enough to feel very different from 99,9% of the other VNs. I'm a little afraid of the sandbox, but the kingdom management part does sound like a potentially nice addition. Very ambitious project by the dev as he seems to himself agree in not that many messages before this. Hopefully it turns out great :)
I'm a bit concerned about the sandbox elements as well. It's a great story, why complicate it unless it can add to the story?

What was shocking to me is how small the support is for this game on Patreon.

Mrblack

Feb 28, 2018
This one of the best story i have come across in a long time. Thank you for this amazing prologue .
I will donate a large amount on your patreon soon as i have money by the end of this year ,and i hope people will support this beautiful game.

Last edited:

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
It's rather sad to me that someone comes up with such a great story and is castigated in a few reviews for giving them blueballs. There should be more stories like this...where sex happens organically in service to the story, rather than the reason the story exists. This is a game my wife would enjoy. The slow erotic burn rather than the banging away.

I normally don't subscribe on Patreon for an unproven dev...especially for a game with a long development time. But I figured I'd sign up for a year and see what happens. The time I spent with 1.1 was worth $60 to me. The story was that good.

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
Good game. Though I strongly dislike the sandbox, management style direction it's heading. I'm here for the story and although a lot of times, it was... how should I say it because english is not my native language, it was overwritten. Too much internal thoughts that get repetitive. But in a way this is something that draws me in more, so I don't know, maybe it's okay the way it is. The writer is probably a younger person and he/she'll get the hang of this as he/she continues writing. I do have one strong objection to the way story unfolded in the end of this prologue: Gunther. It made no sense to me to use his death as a good/bad character trait branching moment and I would very much dislike if he ever returned in any way, shape or form in the future (surviving the fall or coming back with a band of pirates), his story is done for me. If MC truly wants to be a great leader, than no matter what his moral alignment is, he should have sentenced him to death for crimes he committed and the threat he represents if left alive. The whole mother signals the pirates felt contrived as all hell to save this character for some future confrontation. Better choice would have been if you do the slitting of the throat yourself, or you let Morrigan do it for you.

Anyway, I wish the author good luck in the future with this game.

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes