Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hey there,

Related to what some may fear, the game will not end with these features. I mean, I am implementing them now, so that after the implementation I can focus on the story and the girls, without having the major gap that I had in free-roaming until now. The free-roaming experience is not designed for 'farming' as in it is with major MMORPGs, just to put some hour of gameplay there. No. I want this experience to give you a sense of power, to shape your society as you see fit. There will be many scenes that you will be able to unlock as a leader, following a certain path. The idea is that it will not be dumb gameplay just to achieve x and y to win. No. It will be your world to shape.

Cheers,
Vote for Mad King in the upcoming presidential election.
Make Colonia great again!

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Hey there,

Related to what some may fear, the game will not end with these features. I mean, I am implementing them now, so that after the implementation I can focus on the story and the girls, without having the major gap that I had in free-roaming until now. The free-roaming experience is not designed for 'farming' as in it is with major MMORPGs, just to put some hour of gameplay there. No. I want this experience to give you a sense of power, to shape your society as you see fit. There will be many scenes that you will be able to unlock as a leader, following a certain path. The idea is that it will not be dumb gameplay just to achieve x and y to win. No. It will be your world to shape.

Cheers,
Sorry mate but only person I will ever vote for is Morrigan.

padder

May 5, 2018
Hey there,

Cheers,
That is a bloody brilliant idea, the game is already hot af, now it'll be enjoyable gameplay wise. Really looking forward to it.

SqueeZed

May 27, 2018
Been awhile since i played, I believe version 0.6.0.3 after the Ava? (Huntress looking warrior) & Morrigan fight. Shocked and excited by what seems like a fuck ton of love and effort has been put into the game's design since then. Story, realm's lore & characters alone was what i remember being really impressed by and were it was all going let alone it expanding into this. Looking forward to diving back into Colonia & hopefully...mo, ahem, i mean Morgana again, not just her dreams this time. Yeah, I'm one of those guys :sneaky:...absolutely fucking diabolical, i know.

Btw APD13 are you the creator of this masterpiece? If so, 'tis an honor and a privilege, Sir.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Been awhile since i played, I believe version 0.6.0.3 after the Ava? (Huntress looking warrior) & Morrigan fight. Shocked and excited by what seems like a fuck ton of love and effort has been put into the game's design since then. Story, realm's lore & characters alone was what i remember being really impressed by and were it was all going let alone it expanding into this. Looking forward to diving back into Colonia & hopefully...mo, ahem, i mean Morgana again, not just her dreams this time. Yeah, I'm one of those guys :sneaky:...absolutely fucking diabolical, i know.

Btw APD13 are you the creator of this masterpiece? If so, 'tis an honor and a privilege, Sir.
I think Madking is the ring leader of their group. You can visit discord group. Dude is a nice guy.

Sheppard3rd

Jul 2, 2017
So we are king now long live the king. good update you could see this a mile away but still good one.
Also i hope what you want from your game its gonna work out, i really have some CK2/3 vibes when i read it.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018

Unlocked
News: New character and update status
Hey there,
First of all, I will start with the character presentation. Her name is Penelope, she is a woman that has a history with Morgana. Her story will be presented in Origins after I will finish Morgana's path. On Vis, she will help our MC's in his struggle for power and she plays an important part as a trusty ally.

Related to the releases:
Vis Origins will be released next week, as I finished to render the animation and I am waiting for the script to arrive from proofreading. It will be our first incursion into Morgana's history.
Vis - the main build - it is planned to be released at the end of the next month. The second developer is working to create the last few features before implementing them, the rendering is working as planned and the script is in making. I wanted to deliver also a part of the story with the sandbox, instead just the sandbox, for this update.
Keep in touch,
Mad King

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Unlocked
Hey there,
First of all, I will start with the character presentation. Her name is Penelope, she is a woman that has a history with Morgana. Her story will be presented in Origins after I will finish Morgana's path. On Vis, she will help our MC's in his struggle for power and she plays an important part as a trusty ally.

Related to the releases:
Vis Origins will be released next week, as I finished to render the animation and I am waiting for the script to arrive from proofreading. It will be our first incursion into Morgana's history.
Vis - the main build - it is planned to be released at the end of the next month. The second developer is working to create the last few features before implementing them, the rendering is working as planned and the script is in making. I wanted to deliver also a part of the story with the sandbox, instead just the sandbox, for this update.
Keep in touch,
Mad King
Just to confirm, from the next update, the standalone is purely for the origin stories now and everything else will be in the main build?

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Just to confirm, from the next update, the standalone is purely for the origin stories now and everything else will be in the main build?
The next month there will two updates.
First, in the next week, will be Vis Origins which will contain side stories, and at the end of the month will be Vis the main game that will continue the main story. The main build will have the sandbox implement and also it starts the merge into the chapter I story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perfectlyyimperfect

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Alright, I've been following VIS for a few updates now (Don't remember on which version I started playing)
It was an enticing experience, the character interactions/dynamics are top notch! It was really captivating to play through the prologue. Outstanding work in my opinion how subtle/delicate the build up came for Morgana, Morrigan and Liliana.

Now with the release of VIS 1.1 curiosity got the better of me, despite reading here that ROTL would be stripped from main story and only contain the side character arcs in future updates I still went ahead and tried it out.

I found my way to the kitchen for the Khora story/arc and was again quite impressed.
However this really has me wondering why this wasn't included in VIS? Simply because to me it seemed like with a few tweaks it could be added in a way where you could build up points, maybe even get some extra corruption points for Morgana if she were to witness certain things. I saw a lot of possibilities there.. Especially since in VIS Khora kind of pledges to take care of Anete if she would come back from whatever realm she is in. Which seems to affect further content/updates that she would still play a role?

Now I wonder if it's because she can't be a love interest in the main game or maybe because you as developers feel the maid outfit wouldn't fit in the setting of the rest of the game? Just curious as to the reasoning behind it, because it seems to open some opportunities as well if it were included..

Khora was all the content there was in ROTL right?

Anyways, now this path seems to continue with making VIS Origins and I wonder wouldn't it be better to implement that as some sort of flashbacks? Or let Morgana tell the story in VIS ( over time ) in one on ones with the MC for example..

Please don't take this the wrong way, I just feel like this content be it the Khora side story or Morgana backstory ( what is to be Origins) really enriches VIS as a whole.

Although I wouldn't mind side-story VN's either I am just still a little baffled that there is this good content there which isn't included for some reason :p

End of prologue opened a lot of paths and open questions maybe content with a certain pirate :unsure: if you went that route
Will Anete get some research done to please MC and revive the dead?
What happened with Ava if Morrigan spared her?
How will Cristina come into play?
And about a dozen other things, so much good stuff here.

Looking forward to see how it all develops and how certain choices will affect future story. Also the free-roam and economy features since early on with the "map" it seems we will get more use out of that.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The next month there will two updates.
First, in the next week, will be Vis Origins which will contain side stories, and at the end of the month will be Vis the main game that will continue the main story. The main build will have the sandbox implement and also it starts the merge into the chapter I story.
Got it..thanks for the response, look forward to the new content.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Alright, I've been following VIS for a few updates now (Don't remember on which version I started playing)
It was an enticing experience, the character interactions/dynamics are top notch! It was really captivating to play through the prologue. Outstanding work in my opinion how subtle/delicate the build up came for Morgana, Morrigan and Liliana.

Now with the release of VIS 1.1 curiosity got the better of me, despite reading here that ROTL would be stripped from main story and only contain the side character arcs in future updates I still went ahead and tried it out.

I found my way to the kitchen for the Khora story/arc and was again quite impressed.
However this really has me wondering why this wasn't included in VIS? Simply because to me it seemed like with a few tweaks it could be added in a way where you could build up points, maybe even get some extra corruption points for Morgana if she were to witness certain things. I saw a lot of possibilities there.. Especially since in VIS Khora kind of pledges to take care of Anete if she would come back from whatever realm she is in. Which seems to affect further content/updates that she would still play a role?

Now I wonder if it's because she can't be a love interest in the main game or maybe because you as developers feel the maid outfit wouldn't fit in the setting of the rest of the game? Just curious as to the reasoning behind it, because it seems to open some opportunities as well if it were included..

Khora was all the content there was in ROTL right?

Anyways, now this path seems to continue with making VIS Origins and I wonder wouldn't it be better to implement that as some sort of flashbacks? Or let Morgana tell the story in VIS ( over time ) in one on ones with the MC for example.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I just feel like this content be it the Khora side story or Morgana backstory ( what is to be Origins) really enriches VIS as a whole.

Although I wouldn't mind side-story VN's either I am just still a little baffled that there is this good content there which isn't included for some reason :p

End of prologue opened a lot of paths and open questions maybe content with a certain pirate :unsure: if you went that route
Will Anete get some research done to please MC and revive the dead?
What happened with Ava if Morrigan spared her?
How will Cristina come into play?
And about a dozen other things, so much good stuff here.

Looking forward to see how it all develops and how certain choices will affect future stories. Also the free-roam and economy features since early on with the "map" it seems we will get more use out of that.
Hey there,

I hope I will answer your questions in this reply. The idea of a different build is because there are people that want to focus only on the MC, without more flashbacks or side stories that are not somehow related to the main plot. So adding this by default would have increased the game size even for players that wouldn't be interested in this type of gameplay.
Another reason is the script length. Now, ROTL gave me the opportunity to mold a better build with a better concept behind it. For example, Morgana's story will be quite big in terms of the script, and somehow dedicating updates for the main game for 'flashbacks' wouldn't fit very well in the main story. Plus, the gamer would be disconnected from the main plot.
Third thing, having a different build I can dedicate space for knowing characters, keeping the immersion in the pre-empire times when the case requires.
Khora updates will be integrated, into the Origins timeline, when Origins will pass the pre-empire times and enter the present one.
Related to what you asked, every character will be a piece in the puzzle that portraits the world of Vis.

Cheers,

mostlylurk

Nov 16, 2018
So, why is that you can't be firm but NOT chase morgana? Despite trying to keep my distance the moment I go "let me do my own choices, don't be overprotective" i end up in a sexual situation

Why?

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Hey there,

I hope I will answer your questions in this reply. The idea of a different build is because there are people that want to focus only on the MC, without more flashbacks or side stories that are not somehow related to the main plot. So adding this by default would have increased the game size even for players that wouldn't be interested in this type of gameplay.
Another reason is the script length. Now, ROTL gave me the opportunity to mold a better build with a better concept behind it. For example, Morgana's story will be quite big in terms of the script, and somehow dedicating updates for the main game for 'flashbacks' wouldn't fit very well in the main story. Plus, the gamer would be disconnected from the main plot.
Third thing, having a different build I can dedicate space for knowing characters, keeping the immersion in the pre-empire times when the case requires.
Khora updates will be integrated, into the Origins timeline, when Origins will pass the pre-empire times and enter the present one.
Related to what you asked, every character will be a piece in the puzzle that portraits the world of Vis.

Cheers,
Thanks for taking the time to write such a considerate reply gives a lot of insight.

Please don't take the following as arguing against your reasoning here. Just wanted to elaborate on a few things.

I suppose I was mostly confused at what seems to be a solid foundation that is laid out with the map and moving around, in which it would be "seemingly" easy to implement side content and then leave it to your audience if they want to play that content of certain side characters, like with Khora. (and I kind of wonder how many missed out on this because it was a separate download and who also like me would find it a pleasant surprise)

Considering Morgana the reason why I brought it up was mostly because I thought there were certain aspects about how she came to be, of which you felt that your audience should be aware of going forward in the main plot. (hence the suggestion for either flashback or moments where she sits down with MC and tells her story, could even be done in painting scenes)

Now With;

You will get to write the history of Vis characters.
The first build will mark the beginning of Morgana's stories, where you will get to decide what is her history and what made her into being the woman she is in the present time of Vis
but now you will write her history, making it a statement that will only be known by you and her. Secrets that are going to shape the woman we know today.
It sounds like we are able to make choices, am I then wrong to assume any of those choices will carry over to the present time of VIS?

I suppose it is my misunderstanding of the content you plan on with Origins that leads to these questions.
Your statements in the dev update and in your reply have me intrigued with more backstory and better understanding of said characters but at the same time I wonder how and if it's gonna influence present VIS just like with the side characters it seems like it could be more impactful on the overall story and maybe that's why I feel like its a missed opportunity.

The open end questions from my last post were meant to be more rhetorical as in looking forward to finding out in coming updates :D

Thanks again.

SqueeZed

May 27, 2018

Unlocked
Hey there,

Related to the releases:
Keep in touch,
Mad King

Interesting. Looking at the model/ face and knowing we're looking into Morgana's past next, i suspect this is going to be her sister, MC's aunt. Can't wait for the Origins to release especially for moooore Morgana :love:. I just hope if there is any corruption that it's optional like the beginning sacrifice & bedroom meeting scenes. Once i'm done with the current 1.1 I'll post my choice's and thoughts but so far I'm loving it. Great job Mad King.

SqueeZed

May 27, 2018
I think Madking is the ring leader of their group. You can visit discord group. Dude is a nice guy.
Ahhh right ok my bad. Thanks Jake2k1. Well APD13 your doing us a great service bringing it to F95 and addressing fans here with everything. I may pop into Discord sometime Jake. Usually when i get spare time or shall i say find a way to creep on here is when my better half isn't around, so a discord were I'm presuming is voice chat or in length convo's, i wouldn't want to leave abruptly mid chat if you get me.

3.80 star(s) 87 Votes