slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
Gunther. It made no sense to me to use his death as a good/bad character trait branching moment and I would very much dislike if he ever returned in any way, shape or form in the future (surviving the fall or coming back with a band of pirates), his story is done for me. If MC truly wants to be a great leader, than no matter what his moral alignment is, he should have sentenced him to death for crimes he committed and the threat he represents if left alive. The whole mother signals the pirates felt contrived as all hell to save this character for some future confrontation. Better choice would have been if you do the slitting of the throat yourself, or you let Morrigan do it for you.

Anyway, I wish the author good luck in the future with this game.
Like you, I'm concerned about the future sandbox elements of the game. The story is strong enough to stand on its own...without any gimmicks.

Good point about Gunther. From a logical perspective, it doesn't make sense. Gunther should have been killed. He tried to kill the MC and MC was perfectly justified in killing Gunther. Whether Gunther was killed or sent to live the rest of his days on a pirate ship, the result will be the same. War.

That said, I do understand the narrative choice in keeping Gunther alive as a potential future protagonist. MC knows Gunther's weaknesses. Even though Gunther has a more powerful army, knowing his enemy's weakness gives MC an advantage. The way things are unfolding in the game, defeating Gunther's army would only be a prelude to a much larger war. It's a good way to show MC's character growth.

It's a tough balancing act to show MC's growth. When we first met the MC he was spoiled and sheltered. Now MC is becoming his own man. He's learned a lot in a short period of time...but taking on a more powerful opponent and winning would have likely stretched the believability of that change. I think this narrative choice just buys MC some time.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Imo the writing only noticeably drags during the action scenes. A general rule for writing is more suspense, less words and vice versa. Otherwise though, epic/operatic themes are served well by over-the-top exposition and long angsty diatribes, so long as they have substance and do not function as substitutes for an actual plot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey there,

Thank you for your advice

Reactions: chthonic_goat_666

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hey there mates,
I wanted to start this month with news related to the Rise of the legend edition. After observing its reception and also analyzing the feedback, I decided to make final changes to the ROTL edition.
Changes:
1) First, the name will be changed into Vis - Origins. This will somehow offer a hint about what the actual game will be, and also will remove the confusion that the previous title created.
2) It will no longer contain the main campaign and it will act as a standalone build with its own side stories. This will have a positive outcome for a couple of reasons that I am going to enounce. First is the size, as the current ROTL edition has reached >3gb. After removing the main campaign, the Vis - origins is going to start at ~1gb. Second, I will no longer have to wait for the main build to be dev complete so that I can sync the main campaign of both games. I can release it independently from the main game. This will somehow ease the burnout from my side as too.
THE STORIES:
You will get to write the history of Vis characters.
The first build will mark the beginning of Morgana's stories, where you will get to decide what is her history and what made her into being the woman she is in the present time of Vis. Bellow and in the post header, you are seeing a young Morgana.
1599449125381.png
The story will get you to her home village where you will get to know better her story. The beautiful thing about this concept is that we are somehow familiar with her, in the present time of Vis, but now you will write her history, making it a statement that will only be known by you and her. Secrets that are going to shape the woman we know today. 1599449142453.png
There will be a timeline in the game, present in the home screen, and as you advance through the story and characters, the path will intersect with other characters.
Vis origins will not be only about Morgana, but for much of the women in Vis.
Cheers,
Mad King

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
So let me get this straight, over 2.5 years to finish the prologue... to move into "Origins", which basically means more prologue material.

Sigh... this story will never get finished, nor we'll ever reach the point of actual penetration, are we?

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018

Unlocked
Main character's development
Hi there,
The day has come for our main character to have a change of look, as part of character development. Above, in this post, there are some screenshots with the new concept look which I hope you will like.
The scar is from the last part of the prologue while the back tattoo origins will be revealed at the beginning of chapter I.

Cheers,
Mad King

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
So let me get this straight, over 2.5 years to finish the prologue... to move into "Origins", which basically means more prologue material.

Sigh... this story will never get finished, nor we'll ever reach the point of actual penetration, are we?
The George R.R. Martin syndrome is spreading. :geek: The author is basically working on two games at the same time, albeit, sharing the universe and characters so his focus won't drift too much. When he announces two more games and a tv show, then we should be worried.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
The George R.R. Martin syndrome is spreading. :geek: The author is basically working on two games at the same time, albeit, sharing the universe and characters so his focus won't drift too much. When he announces two more games and a tv show, then we should be worried.
I am waiting for HBO to drop an offer. I've checked the spam folder and still nothing. Hopes are still high

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
just been playing witcher 3 was this by any chance inspired by that? crazy king wise guy, monsters etc
Hey there,

As wired as it may sound, no. To be honest, I haven't even played The witcher 3 (even if I have bought the GOY edition) due to performance issues, which annoyed me. The world and the message are the results of my imagination, the characters are also made from what I am thinking they should be (looks, behavior, and relation with the MC).

Deleted member 1322027

Born of the void, powered by cringe.
Mar 24, 2019
Hey there,

As wired as it may sound, no. To be honest, I haven't even played The witcher 3 (even if I have bought the GOY edition) due to performance issues, which annoyed me. The world and the message are the results of my imagination, the characters are also made from what I am thinking they should be (looks, behavior, and relation with the MC).
ah so its just a coincidence love the game you made by the way :D

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
ah so its just a coincidence love the game you made by the way :D
What, following the tropes of every medieval fantasy ever? How hard can it be...? Heck even GOT and Witcher 3 had good 'cest.

Also the new model manages to be even worse than the old one :ROFLMAO: and apparently "character development" is growing hair, to this dev.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
What, following the tropes of every medieval fantasy ever? How hard can it be...? Heck even GOT and Witcher 3 had good 'cest.

Also the new model manages to be even worse than the old one :ROFLMAO: and apparently "character development" is growing hair, to this dev.
It's part of the character development, among other things if you played the game. On the other hand, the hair will be subject to critique for everyone's taste, so...

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Hoping someone can answer this.....
When playing Vis - Rise of the Legend, I go way WAY past the point where Vis 1.1 ends (entering your room and that asshole King is there).

Vis 1.1 ends when the King basically just greets you.
Vis RotL goes way past that point.

Am I missing something in Vis 1.1 ?

Jul 2, 2017
The game is developing slowly, but the developer puts a big heart into this project. He pays a lot of attention to building the world and history. It is brutal and epic. Women are beautiful and have interesting characters. They're not just holes to fuck. They have a personality. It's a shame she doesn't have many supporters. He deserved much more.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hey there,

I was thinking to present you on Patreon, features that I am going to implement in-game for the free-roaming.
First will be the economy and I will show you a bit the concept that I had in mind.

The engine will be based on income and outcome for the kingdom.
Formula:
Income – Outcome = kingdom economy
Income:
City citizen income + land taxes = Kingdom income
1) City taxes (citizen taxes):
Formula:
The number of citizens in the city x base tax per citizen = city citizen income
The base tax per citizen is set by the player in the Economy screen where the player will be able to input a value. It will have a default value of 5 coins.
At the default value of 5, it will not have an impact on citizens' happiness (to be posted).
Taxes and happiness (only for the city):
Lowering the taxes will have a positive impact on the citizens. The logic would be: 4 coins = +1 happiness; 3 coins = +5 happiness; 2 coins + 10 happiness; 1 or 0 = +15 happiness.
Increasing the taxes would decrease happiness with the same values from above.

2) Land taxes from nobles.
Nobles pay a fixed income for their establishments. Either if we are talking about estates or villages (each village/estate is own by a noble/boyar.)
Villages will generate a revenue of 500 per week.
Estates are going to generate a revenue of 250 per week.

Expenses:
Army
:
UPDATE: 15.07.2020
Total army strength = SUM of all the strength generated by the army units.
Each army unit will have a value as referenced for strength as it has for costs. Strength will be used when battles will be fought. So, for example, the enemy army will have a total strength of 2000 and for the player to trigger the victory, he/she will require an army of strength >2000
Colonia’s soldiers = The standard soldier of Colonia
Costs = 2.5 bronze coins per week/ per unit
Strength = 1 x number of units
Mercenaries = Hired soldier that will fight for Colonia.
Strength = 2 x number of units.
Special units = These are units that will be available for the player to recruit after passing milestones in the story. Example of units: Native units (local units before the colonization), Legion of Doom (units unlocked after converting to a certain deity), etc.
Values are set per soldier. Ex: For 5000 Colonia soldiers that means 5000 X 2.5 = 12,500 (which are deduced, every week from the kingdom’s treasury).
*Soldiers/mercs are not added to the population cap, nor do they pay taxes. *
UPDATE: 23.07.2020
Empires tribute:
Being a vassal under the empire requires a certain amount of coin to be deducted from the treasury, to be sent to the empire at the end of each week.
The default amount at the beginning will be 500 coins.
This is will be a variable on which the player will not have direct control over it. It may be influenced by the outcome of the story (to increase or decrease.)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Man this was EXCELLENT! Beautiful girls...interesting personalities...great and interesting story....brilliant work!

Then I read the below...

Hey there,

I was thinking to present you on Patreon, features that I am going to implement in-game for the free-roaming.
First will be the economy and I will show you a bit the concept that I had in mind.

Formula:
Income:
Formula:
The base tax per citizen is set by the player in the Economy screen where the player will be able to input a value. It will have a default value of 5 coins.
At the default value of 5, it will not have an impact on citizens' happiness (to be posted).
Lowering the taxes will have a positive impact on the citizens. The logic would be: 4 coins = +1 happiness; 3 coins = +5 happiness; 2 coins + 10 happiness; 1 or 0 = +15 happiness.

Nobles pay a fixed income for their establishments. Either if we are talking about estates or villages (each village/estate is own by a noble/boyar.)

Expenses:
Army
:
Each army unit will have a value as referenced for strength as it has for costs. Strength will be used when battles will be fought. So, for example, the enemy army will have a total strength of 2000 and for the player to trigger the victory, he/she will require an army of strength >2000
Special units = These are units that will be available for the player to recruit after passing milestones in the story. Example of units: Native units (local units before the colonization), Legion of Doom (units unlocked after converting to a certain deity), etc.
Values are set per soldier. Ex: For 5000 Colonia soldiers that means 5000 X 2.5 = 12,500 (which are deduced, every week from the kingdom’s treasury).
Empires tribute:
Being a vassal under the empire requires a certain amount of coin to be deducted from the treasury, to be sent to the empire at the end of each week.
This is will be a variable on which the player will not have direct control over it. It may be influenced by the outcome of the story (to increase or decrease.)

Why why why why? Uggghh....

Racc0.0n

Sep 14, 2020

Hey there,

Formula:
Income:
Formula:

Expenses:
Army
:
Empires tribute:
he better not spend most of his time making game play..

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes